Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:44 am

For starters... More to come....

http://www.arcataeye.com/top/020312top02.shtml

RE: Summary Of Michael Moore

Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:48 am

777236ER

Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:55 am

I'm impressed you haven't called him a Nazi yet.
Your bone's got a little machine

777236ER

Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:06 am

Oh wait, he's not German. No matter, neither was Hitler. Can't he be an honourary Nazi?

Anyway, back to the topic at hand:

Fahrenheit 9/11 is out in cinemas now, Yanks. Go see it!

Click here for the trailer!

Click here to buy tickets!

Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:10 am

If you want to listen to the lies of a dejected fat kid who was ignored in school, then so be it. Moore is your typical "I got made fun of all my life" two faced liar. Just ask his teachers. Or the Cannes executives who had to deal with him in 1989 because his accomodations were not the same as "Clint Eastwood". He's a lying manipulative azz and all the lemmings will be lining up.

Sabena332

Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:26 am

Does anyone know when they start to show Fahrenheit 9/11 in Europe? I can't wait to see it!

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

777236ER

Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:28 am

Sorry, I made a mistake (!)

The link above is wrong, click here for tickets!

If you've got nothing else to do this weekend, why not see it?

chris78cpr

Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:31 am

I think he is great and i cannot wait to see his movie!!!

Chris
5D2/7D/1D2(soon to be a 1Dx) 17-40L/24-105L/70-200F2.8L/100-400L/24F1.4LII/50F1.2L/85F1.2LII

con-pilot

Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:32 am

You’re surprised that these articles show Michael Moore, as he really is, a blatant ultra left wing liberal who is rabid anti-Republican. Along with being extremely liberal he is very anti-middle and upper middle class (except when it comes to him and his rich Hollywood actor pals) not to mention anyone who is wealthy that just happens to be a Republican.

Because of the libel laws of the United States Michael Moore can say anything about a President, except possibly accusing him of murder and not be sued for slander.

On a positive side however there is a group that is suing to have the TV commercials for “Fahrenheit 911” removed under the equal access election laws. The TV ads are thinly disguised political adds against President Bush. Of course if the ads are pulled you will hear a howling from the liberals, especially from the Hollywood crowd, that will make your hair curl, screaming about a vast right wing conspiracy to under mine truth, justice and the American way, well at least Michael Moore’s view of truth (lies) justice (one sided) and the American (Michael Moore’s way and only his) way.

The entire movie is fictional; times, dates, events and speeches are taken out of context. Statements by anybody that is not in agreement totally with Mr. Moore are left uncompleted and also out of context.

And WOW, released just before the Presidential Election, go figure.
Remember that different is different, not better or worse, just different.

Brick

Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:37 am

The people that are lining up for this movie are the same people that lined up for Clinton's "book".

It's all Repulican/Bush bashing disguised as "entertainment".

Mark
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man...

VS340

Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:59 am

Ill have to remember all of this the next time I hear some lie about liberals and democrats come out of Rush Limbaughs fat drug addicted mouth.(or Hannity or O'Reilly or Coulter)

It is all the same shit coming from two different steaming piles.

Dont denounce one side unless you are ready to denounce both sides

Continental

Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:57 am

Republicans/idiots are just steaming because their master is getting rammed. I bet if there was a anti-Kerry movie you'd be all over it! I'm sure Micheal Moore knows more than you BoingGoingGone, you DON'T know everything.

Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:40 am

I hold Michael Moore's brain power in my pinkey. The guys is an idiot.

777236ER

Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:06 am

But has made far more money than you ever will.

MaverickM11

Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:37 am

"I'm impressed you haven't called him a Nazi yet.
"

That would require a concise, non contradictory ideology, which he does not have.
E pur si muove -Galileo

Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:42 am

If you want to listen to the lies of a dejected fat kid who was ignored in school, then so be it. Moore is your typical "I got made fun of all my life" two faced liar. Just ask his teachers. Or the Cannes executives who had to deal with him in 1989 because his accomodations were not the same as "Clint Eastwood". He's a lying manipulative azz and all the lemmings will be lining up.

Hmmmm take out the Clint eastwood bit and you have the exact discription of Rush.

Maybe replace it with the time he made an "azz" of himself on David Letterman, when he didn't have all his lemmin...uh, I mean "dittoheads" in the audience.

B

kevi747

Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:55 pm

However you want to summarize him, one things for sure: He's got your attention.
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." --Stephen Colbert

Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:05 am

But has made far more money than you ever will.

You sure you want to make that bet?

777236ER

Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:56 am

What bet? Are you saying you've made more money than Michael Moore son?

vafi88

Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:00 am

It's ok, Republicans don't accept anyone as *American* unless they have the same beliefs.

It's ok, the neo-cons just pretend they don't care and bash Moore for speaking his mind... *what First Amendment right????*
I'd like to elect a president that has a Higher IQ than a retarted ant.

kbuf737

Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:57 am

I support Moore and what he is doing, he is just excercising his rights as an American citizen. Let him live his American dream and make his little films. Films that take tragic events and try to bring forth a conspiracy and all of the hidden lies. Let us not forget that people have died. Instead of focusing on all this who did what, why didn't they do that, you should have done your job better...bullshit lets realize that this was the most cruel act of terrorism on American soil since pearl harbor. Instead of bickering amongst ourselves, taking sides and getting real defensive about the unimportant buraucratic red tape, lets stay united and fight against a cause that is wrong not just here in our eyes but throughout the world. Flame the radical fundamentalists who are infringing on the ways of life of all democracies, dont flame eachother over something that is happened and cannot be fixed.
The tower? Rapunzel!!!!!!

MaverickM11

Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:07 pm

" the neo-cons just pretend they don't care and bash Moore for speaking his mind... "

They bash him because he is constantly contradicting himself and generally being a despicable human being. Imagine the attitude and ego of Aretha Franklin, minus the talent, throw in a warped, contradictory, nonsensical political agenda, and make her a schleppy white male and you basically have Michael Moore.
E pur si muove -Galileo

Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:12 pm

What bet? Are you saying you've made more money than Michael Moore son?

No, but that wasn't the statement you made. You said more than I'll ever make. And don't call me son...

Continental

Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:01 pm

What are you talking about BoingGoingGone??? He'll unequivocally make more $$ (most likely already made more) than you'll ever make. And that's a bet I'm willing to wager!

Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:08 pm

Don't be so sure of yourself there.

vafi88

Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:13 pm

Neo-cons only hear what they want to hear. To them, the first amendment right only applies to those who think alike. Moore has theories in the movie, he speaks them, he points out that we didn't strike the Bin Ladens right away, we did not interview them, and we didn't go full force into Afghanistan. Why we went to Iraq?

Well... first in was the threat, the WMDs... now they've shifted that and said that it'll be a great Democracy...

All I see are lies.

Boeing4ever

Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:34 pm

Neo-cons only hear what they want to hear. To them, the first amendment right only applies to those who think alike. Moore has theories in the movie, he speaks them, he points out that we didn't strike the Bin Ladens right away, we did not interview them, and we didn't go full force into Afghanistan.

1. Ultra-liberals are the same my friend. Don't delude yourself. Both sides lie.

2. Michael Moore is just like what was described in #1. Seriously, you complain the FOX cannot be believed because of the slant, but you take Moore's word without so much as a grain of salt? That's worrisome.

3. The INDEPENDENT 9/11 commission takes issue with some of Moore's claims

4. It is in fact Moore's opinion, he stated so. Not a documentary.

5. Full force in Afghanistan? This is why Moore is so shady. Is he a General? Does he have any grasp of military strategy...particularly that used in Afghanistan...which is currently going a lot better than Iraq might I add.

6. Yes, the usual group of ass-kissers want the movie blocked and rally behind Moore's polar opposite (yet tactfully similar) Rush Limbaugh. But that's just them. Stay above the spin.

B4e-Forever New Frontiers

Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:45 pm

No shot at Boeing4ever, but I love the way those of us who agree with the war always get tagged as Rush fans.

Ever think that some of us just beleive that what were are doing is just, a long time in coming and don't give a rip about the reasons for going because there are so many? In fact, I don't think we should stop at Iraq and I don't mean just the Middle East either. Psycho Dictators world wide need to have the ever living crap kicked out of them. Then all you peace loving, flag burning war protestors won't have anything to whine about because there won't be any conflict. When will you get it through your thick heads that these people don't negotiate. Period. This is the only thing they understand.

vafi88

Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:54 pm

2. Michael Moore is just like what was described in #1. Seriously, you complain the FOX cannot be believed because of the slant, but you take Moore's word without so much as a grain of salt? That's worrisome.

I watch FOX news as well as ABC and CNN... I compare and contrast since none of the stations run EVERYTHING... And yes, I do take what Moore's saying with a grain of salt, but everything seems to make perfect sense so far in what he said...

5. Full force in Afghanistan? This is why Moore is so shady. Is he a General? Does he have any grasp of military strategy...particularly that used in Afghanistan...which is currently going a lot better than Iraq might I add.

Hmmmm.... given the vast territory in Afghanistan, and us having about 11K of troops within the main invasion and having only 3k or so right now... doesn't look like we're going to find OBL, does it?

Let me give you a closer look at this... Afghanistan has an area of 647,500 km squared... divide that by the 3 thousand soldiers we have in there... and what do you get?

1 Soldier basically has to cover about 215 (.8, but I'll give you some slack) Kms and search for terrorist subjects... that's a nice thought considering OBL can be ANYWHERE in that country and still be some 200 KM from the nearest US soldier.

Boeing4ever

Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:11 pm

Wars aren't fought by dividing up territory per soldier. OBL simply isn't going to sit tight and wait for them to come. Especially after 9/11 when he has 290,000,000 really pissed Americans out for his blood.

And distance...well that's the beauty of mechanized warfare (let's assume you can equate beauty and warfare for just a second). Soldiers have the capability of covering that distance...

Now, one point that will be conceded (not really conceded since I never stated otherwise anyway) is that the war in Iraq (an unnecessary war with or without the WMD) has drain resources and attention from the vital Afghan campaign.

RayChuang

Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:54 pm

Michael Moore is a rich rabble-rouser that has a few things to hide. Like for example the fact he came from a well-off family in the Detroit, MI suburbs, which is contrary to his claim of upbringing in Flint, MI.

And people should stop calling Fahrenheit 9/11 a documentary--it should be classed as a propaganda film. Even Moore admitted more or less it was a propaganda film, too.

vafi88

Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:27 am

Wars aren't fought by dividing up territory per soldier. OBL simply isn't going to sit tight and wait for them to come. Especially after 9/11 when he has 290,000,000 really pissed Americans out for his blood.

I know wars aren't faught by seperate men, but I was just putting it into prespective... If they travel in groups, they have MORE land to cover and it takes a lot longer...

The fact that surprised me, was that we didn't go after the man who attacked our country, your country... a mere 11,000 troops in his homeland of afghanistan 1 month after the attacks gave him a lot of time to hide, and we still wouldn't find him because 11,000 troops isn't enough AT ALL.

So we screwed that up, and then we went in with 135,000 troops into Iraq, something that didn't have any say in 9/11...

We DID NOT retaliate for the attacks on our country... We might have captured 500 *people* (innocent until proven guilty) and sent them off to Gitmo... but the guy that attacked, is still alive... WHY???

777236ER

Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:01 am

No, but that wasn't the statement you made. You said more than I'll ever make. And don't call me son...

Please enlighten us on your money-making skills, such as they are.

He's the same age as you and he's made more money than you. So whatever way you want to spin it, he's more successful than you. Is that why you're so bitter, son?

At least I didn't call you a Nazi.

Goose

Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:39 am

There's another "documentary film" coming out about Michael Moore himself this summer. Looks like it might be an interesting watch. Maybe they'll show it in some theatres as a double-header, matched with Fehrenheit 9/11.....  Big grin

Watch the Trailer of "Michael Moore Hates America."
"Talk to me, Goose..."

Boeing4ever

Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:45 am

The fact that surprised me, was that we didn't go after the man who attacked our country, your country... a mere 11,000 troops in his homeland of afghanistan 1 month after the attacks gave him a lot of time to hide, and we still wouldn't find him because 11,000 troops isn't enough AT ALL.

At very first, we were lucky to get that many troops into position. Let me put it into perspective along with the below statement you made...It took six months of Desert Shield for 100 hrs of Desert Storm in 1991. Let's face it, the US military is still cumbersome and bulky...a product of the cold war. This is why the Iraq war was a guaranteed failure with or without WMD. Our troops movements were fully announced on CNN. Saddam KNEW the 200,000 US troops were being moved around, and he KNEW that such a movement simply because of the cost, would mean that those troops WOULD be deployed. And it took us quite a LONG time to move those troops. Here's an analogy, you are a cocaine dealer (Saddam) and you have 180 kilos of cocaine (WMD). You see the cops (US military) move into position and surround your house. You even see the news on cable access TV (CNN) coming from city hall (The UN). The city council wants a warrant (Weapons Inspectors). The mayor (Dubya) wants to haul your ass in.

It takes six months for the SWAT team (US military) to move into position. That statement should answer why we didn't start off with a huge # of troops in Afghanistan. Now, here's my critique of the war. If you have six months till the fully visible SWAT team makes its move (Bush even gave a timed ultimatum so Saddam even knew WHEN the war would start), are you going to sit on the cocaine (WMD) and let the cops catch you with it? HELL NO!  Big grin You're going to flush it all down the toilet. And when the cops come in with no warrant, and now, no evidence...they won't look so popular in the neighborhood no will they?

So we screwed that up, and then we went in with 135,000 troops into Iraq, something that didn't have any say in 9/11...

hmmm, well, read my above for that.  Big grin

We DID NOT retaliate for the attacks on our country... We might have captured 500 *people* (innocent until proven guilty) and sent them off to Gitmo... but the guy that attacked, is still alive... WHY???

This I disagree with. While Al Qaida and the Taliban are still a threat to stability in Afghanistan, we did in fact knock them from power...ever heard the expression "the bear is just as afraid of you as you are of him"? Well, the Taliban and Al Qaida have quite the quandary with 11,000 infidels who've driven them from power into the mountains.

The Afghan war was just and necessary. Iraq, is the opposite of that.

Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:03 am

He's the same age as you and he's made more money than you.

I guess you have some kind of link to my bank account that you would know this. And Michael Moore isn't that weathy.

ConcordeBoy

Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:30 am

He'll unequivocally make more $$ (most likely already made more) than you'll ever make. And that's a bet I'm willing to wager!

A rather moronic wager as:

1) you apparently know nothing about the guy, his family, his financial wherewithal, or his background...

2) ...prolly half the adults that regularly contribute to this site are either broke or have some form of passive income-- considering the amount of time wasted  Laugh out loud
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!