Andreas
Topic Author

Portugal-Holland Official Bashing Thread

Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:52 pm

Right! Since there are just a few crazy Dutchmen around and even fewer Portuguese (and these are even crazier), I thought we could bash both teams around a little bit.

The Dutch do love this anyway, at least as far as Dick Advocaat is concerned, so let us in turn bash the Dutch.

The Portuguese are crazy anyway... and their coach is definitely the perfect bashing victim.

Besides I think the Czech will grab their second title after 1976 (Ok it was Czechoslovakia then, but who cares!), so I don't really care who'll win tonight, but if Holland gets kicked, we'll have about 20,000,000 caravans obstipating Germany's autobahns by tomorrow morning, so "HUP" (what a stupid warcry really!!)

Big grin
I know it's only VfB but I like it!

iakobos

RE: Portugal-Holland Official Bashing Thread

Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:15 pm

Andreas, you cannot possibly have 20 million hup hup hup caravans on your autobahns, there are already 10 million on the french autoroutes, double that amount in transit through Belgium, and another million already in Austria and Italy.
When you figure out the amount of potatoes they are carrying (because it is cheaper at home you know..), let us just hope there is no major accident.

HUP I believe is a warcry derived from the local expression of astonishment when reading a bill.

aviationfreak

Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:19 pm

Laugh out loud LOL Andreas,

Bored at work? (I am) A day off?
You have a lot of nerves after the shameful exit of your national team. We rather do the bashing the other way around. But yes bashing Dick advocaat is OK after he swapped van Robben for Bosvelt against the Czechs. He really is a "dick"!

so I don't really care who'll win tonight, but if Holland gets kicked, we'll have about 20,000,000 caravans obstipating Germany's autobahns by tomorrow morning, so "HUP"

Do 16,000,000 Dutch own 20,000,000 caravans? Well, I hope they all crash on the Autobahn so I will never see them again on the Dutch roads. Big grin

What about your crazy fellow countrymen who invades our beaches and start digging holes for their whole holiday. I live close to the beach and I will break my neck someday. What the heck is the point of digging holes? Preparing a new war? War trauma? Are they searching for ammunition the German army left here?
And why are they always driving so slow on our roads. You guys know we like to drive like maniacs. Well, at least you guys behave like guests, I have to give that to you.

Big grin

May the Dutch team win,
Sander

I love both Airbus and Boeing as much as I love aviation!

Andreas
Topic Author

Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:24 pm

Iakobos, do you have any idea..just one hint of an idea, how many caravans there are in Holland??? Billions!!! So prepared to find another 15 million or so in Greece before the summer is over!!  Big grin Big grin

...which means trillions of genetically manipulated potatoes...  Nuts  Nuts  Nuts

Actually Hup means in German "honk the horn", which is what people usually do when they have a myopic, under-motorized Dutch caravaneer in front of them...I just never understood why they chose this to be their warcry!  Big grin

Andreas
Topic Author

Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:31 pm

Sander: ROFLMFAO!! Yes indeed, I have to remind you that it was no other than me, myself and I, who opened up the German-bashing thread last Thursday!! Big grin

Yes I am bored, just paperwork today, so I'm looking forward to tonight's festivities. Niow back to those holes in the beach: You're totally wrong on this subject (I'm having a deja vu..didn't we discuss this at length a few weeks ago?):

First of all, most of the whole were dug during WW2..you guys just never cleaned up your beaches during the last 60 years!

Now the new ones are aimed at all you beach football players...to keep you from playing real football one day  Big grin Big grin

And yes, you guys drive like maniacs...slow maniacs though! We try to avoid you!  Big grin Big grin

Banco

Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:41 pm

Is it true that "Netherlands" is derived from the old Flemish word for "caravan park"?  Big grin

Anyway, it is pleasing to see that after their penalty shootout win, the Dutch have now reached the dizzy heights of being just as good at penalties as England are. Well done. Big grin
She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

Andreas
Topic Author

Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:52 pm

No, it is derived from a rather new German expression meaning "Caravan park below sea level that (hopefully) gets flooded so all caravans are gone for good in Holland"..yes that's about it!

Having seen both shootouts....Banco, from an English point of view, I wouldn't exactly brag  Big grin Big grin

btw: good morning to the English countryside...feel good? Wifey off to work, kids at school, kitchen squeaky clean? Very well, then it's ok to go surfing, I guess Big grin

[Edited 2004-06-30 09:54:32]

Banco

Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:59 pm

Ah, you try your best, Andreas,but every now and again your true Germanic origins shine through.

Irony, dear boy. Irony.  Insane  Big grin

No wife, no kids - and surfing isn't that popular off Brighton beach either.

Andreas
Topic Author

Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:05 pm

Ah yes, given the rather sobering experience with some other Forum members who carry the Union Jack in their profiles concerning the usage of "Humour" and "irony", you obviously try very hard to correct the disastrous pic England has send out to the world...unfortunately you do have your problems with those smilies...

no wife, no kids..oh well, but it was avery nice idea..and fitting, too!  Big grin

But then you Brits, or rather British males, do have your problems with meeting nice girls! Big grin

Banco

Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:10 pm

One of the very worst things about writing things down on forums like this is that you have to use smilies to get your point across. The whole purpose of irony is that you shouldn't have to, and amongst ourselves we tend not to need to. It's when we engage with foreigners we need to do so; we get burnt once or twice with people taking us seriously and then have to signpost every joke. Hopeless.

Big grin (Just in case)

Back to the footie: Here's a little task for you, Andreas: Compile the teams with the all time best (that should be easy) and worst penalty shootout records.

ly7e7

Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:19 pm

Greece: well done this far!
Lots of luck in the semis!

A sad and dissapointed Germany team fan.
2 things are endless: ignorance and space

Andreas
Topic Author

Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:20 pm

Amongst yourselves...ahem...yes, right Big grin Big grin Big grin Well I won't rub it in any further, knowing that this is a very sensitive topic for you  Big grin (Pay attention to smilies  Big grin)

To your task: Sorry I don't have THAT much time...but since Germany is not the answer, I don't care anyway Big grin

btw: Since you seem to know Brighton (I've never been there)...if I remember correctly, there's a famous rollercoaster around, called V-Max or so. Do you know that one? Is it as good as they say? I'll spend some time in London this summer and, being a rollercoaster fan, I might be tempted to go there...

Andreas
Topic Author

Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:22 pm

LY7E7; Sorry to disappoint YOU, but I'm afraid you didn't get the point of this thread at all  Big grin

aviationfreak

Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:30 pm

Well well, where can I find the thread about crazy Germans digging holes. Unfortunately I missed it. Is it still active because I like to participate in that. Big grin

Oh yes, lets clean up our beaches and ban the Germans from it. But I'm afraid they will start to dig holes in our roads then. Or worse they will go somewhere else and don't fill our pockets anymore.  Big grin

According to your statistics: If 16,000,000 Dutch own 20,000,000 caravans then the average is 1,25 caravan per head, meaning 1 out of 4 people owns 2 caravans while I myself don't own and never will own a f*ck*ng caravan.

And where do you think the majority of the Dutch are going to live with their 1,25 caravan when 2 /3 of our country is below sea level, while more than 50% actually lives in that part of the country, is flooded. Big grin

You guys probably love this pic.

I just heard on the radio the Germans are supporting the Dutch team. How about that? Here goes your Dutch bashing.  Laugh out loud

And Banco, it seems like the Dutch penalty complex went to the English team. I'm sorry to say it but I hope it never returns.

All the best,
Sander

Banco

Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:31 pm

I really don't know of a famous rollercoaster in Brighton. Certainly I don't remember anyone talking about it, which may not be the same thing. Are you confusing Brighton with Blackpool? There's a huge one on the seafront up there - it was (maybe still is) the tallest in the world.

But if you want to go on those kind of rides, your best bet would be to head down to Thorpe Park, which is in Surrey. It's quite good there.

Gman94

Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:34 pm

You learn something new everyday, I never knew that the Netherlands were a nation of gypsy's. I suppose it makes sense when your country is below sea level to be able to make a quick get away with your house in case the floods come.

Andreas,

If you knew the reputation of Brighton you would realise that Banco can't possibly have a wife.  Big grin

British Airways - The Way To Fly

Banco

Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:37 pm

Great picture Sander!  Big thumbs up

As I understand it, Holland are now level with England in the penalty shootout incompetency stakes, with both teams having had 5 shootouts and 4 cock-ups, um, sorry I mean defeats.  Big grin

I think Italy must be up there. They're just as inept as we are.

Andreas
Topic Author

Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:44 pm

Yes you got it, the Pepsi Max in Blackpool 215 feet high, that's the one. V max is to found in the USA. No it's not the tallest anymore, there's one in Ohio now..about 400feet tall (!!), accelerating in around 4 seconds to 200km/h, that would be 120 miles or so, going down at an angle of more than 80 degrees. It is completely freestanding...the way up must be sheer terror for those weak at their stomachs Big grin Big grin Big grin

Sander where did you hear that?? Must have been satirical and you didn't get the joke ..nobody in his right mind in Germany supports Holland  Nuts  Nuts  Nuts

Where are you going to live? Hmm...maybe on house boats on the North Sea?  Big grin Big grin

Actually I believe every Dutch does own at least 5 caravans, using one for himself and have the other 4 running around in Europe on remote control  Big grin Big grin

Banco

Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:46 pm

Ah, well you see, Gman, I don't actually live in Brighton; I live about ten miles away, so thankfully I am immune to those sort of references. Mind you, it is rather appropriate that one of the main roads into Brighton is called Dyke Road...  Big grin

Andreas
Topic Author

Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:51 pm

Gman I'm not quite sure if I did get the joke right this time....are you suggesting that Banco is...ahem..how shall I put it...you-know-what??  Big grin Big grin

About these floodings..yes just don't let Kirkie hear that, he'll probably go crazy right away  Smile

That pic ist rather old, it gets published every year in Germany just before the summer vacation is about to begin...but true nonetheless!!

Sander, that thread was 6 or 8 weeks ago, certainly not active anymore!

Banco

Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:59 pm

He can suggest all he likes. For one thing, I wouldn't view it as insulting.  Insane Not that insecure, you see - unlike you, Andreas, clearly.  Big grin

As for Kirkie (where is he by the way), we've always said that he should concentrate on flooding Holland. Start at the bottom and work your way up.

Finally, re the caravans; I must confess that on my many trips around Europe, I have seen a fair number of German caravanners too - usually in their lederhosen attached to an oompah band. I think you are also guilty of this crime against humanity.

Andreas
Topic Author

Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:10 pm

It wasn't meant to be insulting, to be sure!
Insecure-me? Clearly YOU didn't get the point here! Big grin Big grin Big grin

Hmmm...Lederhosen and oompah bands...are you usually driving under the influence? That sounds like feverish LSD dreams...I'm deeply worried  Big grin At least our caravaneers use cars to move their caravans around, English drivers on the other hand are rolling chicanes even without caravans attached...

Banco

Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:18 pm

Well, it is indeed true that British drivers, once removed from nice safe old Blighty, do tend to be something of a liability on continental roads. Mind you, your lot over here are even worse. Tootling along in the right hand lane of the motorway (with a petrified expression on their face) at about 65 miles an hour, wondering why everyone is getting irate. Big grin

I may be wrong about the oompah bands. It's just that when you see the Germans on holiday, the image automatically springs to mind. Especially when they get in a bar. (shudder)

aviationfreak

Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:19 pm

Well Andreas, to be honest I couldn't believe it too. I don't even want German support. That would destroy the Netherlands vs Germany feelings. Wouldn't that be a pity?  Laugh out loud

Where are we going to live?
Regarding that most of the Dutch speak very well German (generally better than French, besides we hate the French more than you idiots) they will move to your back yard with their 5 caravans.

Actually I believe every Dutch does own at least 5 caravans, using one for himself and have the other 4 running around in Europe on remote control

You really had me with this one. LMAO behind my desk. My colleagues most have wondered why.
Since I don't like caravans I have all 5 off them running around the autobahns at the left lane at 80 km/h.

Banco, can you believe I was sitting upside down in my chair when the shoot out began believing we would be kicked out again by missing penalties. The Dutch commentator said: "Here we are again". I almost had a heart attack. We screamed so hard afterwards, the whole neighborhood most have heard us.

We btw drank little to much last Wednesday when Germany was kicked out the tournament so that a few of my friends decided to dial a few German random numbers shouting: DEUTSCHLAND! DEUTSCHLAND! ALLES IST FORBEI! ALLES IST FORBEI!

Lots of  Big grin and Big grin

Best regards,
Sander

aviationfreak

Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:25 pm

Banco,

Dyke road? Brighton must me below sea level too then.

Banco

Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:28 pm

Oh, I can believe it, Sander. You see, every time England go to a penalty shootout there's the same utter terror up and down the land. "Not again" is the usual response, as once again the players show a complete lack of ability in punting a pig's bladder twelve yards somewhere in the vicinity of the goalmouth. Like you, we automatically assume we are going to lose. Unlike you, we haven't won one for 8 years - and that's the only time we have.

Andreas
Topic Author

Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:30 pm

No way, we need our foe image, and it can't be the French all the time...given the fact that they went home, too!  Big grin

"You really had me with this one. LMAO behind my desk"

Yeah I know we Germans are funny guys, just the Brits don't get the points usually...  Big grin

And why do you think we helped you guys during the last floodings to get up your embankments again??? We know you want to invade Germany... Big grin

Say All...are there any Portugal bashings????

zak

Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:32 pm

it will be good to see portugal advance to the final(which i am not going to be able to see *whine*) tonight  Smile
10=2

Andreas
Topic Author

Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:37 pm

Zak, that is not what I'd expect to hear as "Portugal bashing", you know  Big grin

shootout: we haven't won one for 8 years

Hmmm...8 years ago, you lost a pretty important one, afaik... Big grin Big grin

Gman94

Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:46 pm

Can we stop all the talk about penalty shoot outs, it's starting to give me a nervous and depressed feeling. Big grin

Banco

Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:52 pm

Indeed, Andreas, I was referring to the quarter final against Spain.

I'm not going to bash Portugal. They were fabulous when I was out there. I'd love them to go and win the competition.

aviationfreak

Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:53 pm

Say All...are there any Portugal bashings????

Yes, if we lose tonight.

Any predictions friends?

It's actually a nice thing to see both teams playing against each other. Both have an excellent team with aging players who never won a major tournament. Last chance for many of them. Their all in the same boat. This will make the match an extra thrilling one.
I'd like the Dutch team to take revanche against the Czechs in the finals.

Oh Andreas, suppose the Netherlands will be flooded which is likely to happen one day. Can I stay at your place? I'm looking forward to dig holes in your back yard. Big grin

Yes, you are funny guys. Last year I was celebrating my holidays at St Tropez with a friend and we meet 2 Germans who bought us loads of drinks because they wanted to make it up for the war?????? They probably drank too much. We off course returned the favor and had a lot of fun together. This should happen more often. This would change the anti-German feelings out here and vice versa.

All the best,
Sander

[Edited 2004-06-30 11:55:04]

zak

Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:56 pm

andreas: will not see me bashing portugal when they play vs the orange devils.
i do however hate their language with a passion, how can a language sound so bad? even east german accents, dutch or south american spanish sound more coherent then the gibberish they call their language :/

enuff of portugal bashing?  Smile
10=2

Gman94

Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:10 pm

Portugal really is difficult to bash, they are not easy targets like us, the Germans, French, Spanish, Italians, Dutch and pretty much the rest of Europe.

Only thing I can say is let's hope Ricardo 'cometer um frango'. There you go some Portuguese from a stupid Englishman.  Big thumbs up

I really don't want either team to get through to the final. It really would be an injustice if Holland won Euro 2004 considering that the only team they have beaten so far is Latvia and they some how manage to end up in the semi final. As for the Portuguese they shouldn't win either just out of principle, by having the nerve to defeat England in a penalty shoot out.

Andreas
Topic Author

Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:15 pm

Yes Zak, that was actually quite good!! Big grin

Sander: On a national basis we have to hate each other...that's normal and good and healthy, I mean one has to hate France and England and Holland per se, there's just no other way!! On a personal basis, I believe, especially if you look at people born after, let's say 1950), it's ok. I do have so much fun with my Dutch workmates, and my fomer boss, who's Dutch, too (especially when racing around Mallorca on his Sunseeker Big grin Big grin), and hey, I mean, come on, who can actually HATE French girls????? Nobody in his right mind!!

Now staying here in Frankfurt with me...ahem...since I don't have a backyard, I guess I don't have a problem, now if you do the dishes and cleaning and if you are GONE when I'm coming home AND if I get a good healthy rent for letting you stay in the cellar room...maybe negotiable  Big grin Big grin

Banco: And I was talking about the semifinals in Wembley Big grin Big grin Big grin

Ok tonight: Given the performance of both teams during the EC, everybody expects a great game, possibly a shootout again (I'd love that!!!!!), pereferably after a 3-3 or so Big grin

I'm afraid though both teams will be overcautious tonight, but let's hope for the best...if Portugal can keep their defense together, I see a slight advantage on their side, if Holland does get its act together in midfield and the strikers are in a good mood, they'll have an advantage.

Shootout: No doubt, Holland wins, no sweat at all.

Gman: What the hell is that supposed to mean?????

Just in case: I think Ricardo is a complete idiot, just barely better than David James, whoever said he's the new Portuguese hero is totally blind!!

[Edited 2004-06-30 12:21:08]

iakobos

Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:26 pm

I agree Gman94, it is actually no penalty shout out coz there is no penalty.
Why dont we call it the "11 yards conversion", that would be both accurate and softer on some nerves.

The lower it is, the cheapest becomes real estate. That's why the HUP people are living below sea level. The caravan comes in handy when it is getting too wet. In dry times is also a perfect storage place for potatoes.

Andreas
Topic Author

Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:30 pm

Yeah, but they can still put those potatoes into one of their 4 remote-controlled caravans and let these roll around Europe with the AC turned off to get the potatoes dry again!

iakobos

Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:31 pm

Forgot to mention...Greeks cannot tow caravans or drive motorhomes. (it is a law, dead serious)
Anybody wonders why ?

May the best win... (e viva Portugal)

Banco

Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:35 pm

11 yards, Iakobos? My God, that's where we've been going wrong! Us English have been shooting (and missing) from 12! You cunning, underhand, cheating Europeans.  Big grin

(I know, a cheap shot, but it was worth it to go into a high dudgeon on this)

racko

Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:41 pm

Germans supporting Holland? Talk about treason!

Anyway, here's all I have to say about this:

Nicht weit von uns im Westen, da liegt ein kleines Land,
das ich immer, wenn ich da war, ziemlich überzeugend fand.
Ein Land mit alten Windmühlen und mit netten kleinen Städten,
mit Bami, Vla, Frikandeln und frittierten Fleischkroketten

In Edam gibts den Käse und in Amsterdam die Grachten,
ich steh auf Fraun in Holzschuhen und blauweißroten Trachten,
ich komme gern zum Baden und ich bleib auch gern zum Zelten,
ja sie sind tolle Nachbarn, und doch trennen uns Welten.

Ich liebe Superskunk und ich liebe Sauce special.
Aber eine Sache gibts, da bin ich meganational.
Es kam über die Jahre und jetzt sitzt es ziemlich fest.
Solangs um Fußball geht, hasse ich Holland wie die Pest.

Since most Cheeseheads speak German anyway I don't think a translation is necessary.  Smile

Andreas
Topic Author

Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:45 pm

Hmmm...who wrote this??? Sounds terrible...and wrong...women in wooden shoes..no,really *agh*!

aviationfreak

Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:49 pm

OK, I can always wreck your balcony if you have one, or alternatively your living room or whatsoever. Nah I think I park my 5 caravans outside.
No I think Frankfurt will be to far from the new Dutch coast. Say Amersfoort aan Zee.

Anyone can find pics that shows how the Netherlands would look like without the dykes.

I really, really hope we will win hence the flaggy in the corner but somehow I have my doubts. I'm afraid we will lose in extra time while missed a penalty in regular playing time.

Kind regards,
Sander

Andreas
Topic Author

Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:53 pm

If you wreck my balcony and break through, you'll land on the balcony of the lady living below...trust me, you want to prevent this at any price!!!  Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin

aviationfreak

Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:00 pm

Good one Racko! A translation would be fun for other participates.

Real estate cheap here! Try to get some real estate here and you will have your nervous breakdown.

Sander

aviationfreak

Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:05 pm

If you wreck my balcony and break through, you'll land on the balcony of the lady living below...trust me, you want to prevent this at any price!!!

You mean she look likes a typical 'Fraulein'?
No, I don't think I want to have such a horrible experience. Big grin

Andreas
Topic Author

Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:28 pm

Deutsche Frolleins are very pretty and sexy...and they usually don't wear wooden shoes  Big grin

No: I'm afraid THAT lady is Turkish or so and the problem is the weight...though if come on crashing down upon her, you'll both break through to the balcony below..no idea who lives there Big grin

And while you are rebuilding all those balconies I'll have my sunbath on my neighbour's balcony...now that is ok Big grin

aviationfreak

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:05 pm

Well, I have to admit I'm sometimes impressed by some Frolleins when I'm at the beach at Callantsoog. But then they open their mounth which produces German words. That's always a bummer. Although I wouldn't mind digging a hole with her as long as she keeps her mounth shut.  Laugh out loud

We only wear wooden shoes to keep you German tourists entertained. Can't believe this insanity attracts so much Germans every year to fill our pockets.  Big thumbs up

Sander

Andreas
Topic Author

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:11 pm

That seems to be a legend in Holland...some people buy it to do their gardenwork, otherwise we usually take home other souvenirs Big grin Big grin Big grin

Given the sheer number of wooden shoes on display I'd suspect that 80% of the Dutch population are constantly carving wooden shoes...seems to be the only thing worthwhile to you guys besides running caravans on remote control...the other 20% are cooking potatoes, so it seems.

Iakobos: We are waiting for the answer!!

aviationfreak

Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:29 pm

Mmm, the percentage which are cooking potatoes is much higher since a typical Dutch meal consists out of cooked vegetables and cooked potatoes with a good peace of meat and greasy jus.
Perhaps the German team should eat more (Dutch) potatoes so they can reach the quarter finals some day. Big grin

As for the wooden shoes. There are very few companies left who makes them. There are machines involved with the production process these days.  Big grin
There are little companies who makes hand made wooden shoes but these only function as tourists attractions. Very few Dutch uses them these days. In the old days only farmers and people from the country side uses them. Like you said, they are just souvenirs.

So you actually own wooden shoes?  Laugh out loud

Well I don't have them, not even for my garden work. Woehahaha!

To continue bashing the Dutch (I can take it) I found the pic I was talking about:

The light green area shows the part of the country which will be flooded by sea when the Dunes and dykes collapse. AMS will be flooded too.  Crying (elevation is -11 Ft)

The dark green area shows the parts which will be flooded when the river dykes collapse.

The yellow spots are the dunes, our natural protection against the sea.

I live near the coast next to the word "Noordzee" aprox. 10 km from the beach. This is the weakest part of the dunes along the Dutch coast. So if they collapse I'm among the first to drown after the ones who live directly at the coast. Although my house is just a few meters below sea level. I suppose I can sit at my roof then. That is when my house doesn't collapse off course.

If I survive I'm forced to live in the east part of the country. I rather drown because that will be too close to Germany.  Big grin

All the best,
Sander

buckfifty

Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:45 pm

It's going to be 1-0, Christiano Ronaldo is going to score.

Please place your friendly gentlemen wagers now...