Pe@rson
Topic Author

Munchies After Night Out?

Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:34 am

When you return home after a beer-filled night out, do you normally get the munchies? If so, what do you generally eat? Crisps, chocolate, reheated curry from the night before, ‘er indoors...? Do you normally drink water before going to bed?
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

VSlover

RE: Munchies After Night Out?

Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:38 am

i normally try and find a pizza place open on my way home from a serious night of drinking.

in my new neighborhood though, things close early around midnight, so it has been better for my waistline when i get home at 3am to be unable to find food!

i try to drink water before, but usually just some to wash down my multivitamins with.

MerC

Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:42 am

Different.

Most often McDonald's, but also, Burger King, Pizza, Kebab or Hot Dog. If I am near my home I will eat a frozen pizza or something similar.

Sometimes I drink water together with an aspirin or two, so I do not feel like sh!t the day after.
It's Scandinavian

174thfwff

Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:50 am

We usually make one of the girls at the party drive us to Taco Bell...It's open till like 2am.... Or we make them drive us to the local supermarket which is open 24 hours and have them make us tacos  Smile
Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Staten, Uptown, what now? Lets make it happen.

jcs17

Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:55 am

LHMark gives me a salty protein shake when I get the munchies.

Regards,
KROC
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

MYT332

Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:59 am

I hardly ever get drunk but on the oh so rare occasion i'll just drink a pint of water before bed and if im hungry, then well anything from the fridge!
One Life, Live it.

racko

Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:00 am

Usually McDonalds in AB) (FRA / FRF / EDDF), Germany">FRA or another fastfood restaurant that's opened 24h.

When I get home, I usually drink half a bottle of water or so and eat what's there and doesn't require me to work much to make it ready.

tristarenvy

Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:03 am

I usually raid the icebox. Anything that's easy to prepare. For some reason peanut butter sandwiches tend to be my "chaser" of choice.

If you don't stand for SOMETHING, you'll fall for ANYTHING.

fritzi

Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:13 am

Nothing beats a Kebab on the way home after drinking. Most of the time when I am on my way home (7-8 am), the McDonalds places are already open but they somehow dont appeal to me.

Here in Sweden I normally like to enjoy a "Halv Special" or "Hel Special" depending on how hungry I am.

Demoose

Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:19 am

Usually if I'm at uni there are numerous choices, a Kebab is usually the preferred choice of mine. When i'm back at my parents house usually I have a big bowl of cheesy chips, great stuff!
Take a ride...fly across the sky

srbmod

Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:04 am

Around here, the most popular place to eat at after a night out partying is the Waffle House. Open 24/7/365 (and yet they have locks on the doors!), and there's at least one at just about every exit off the interstate (at one point, we had three not too far off of the exit I live off of. One on one side of the bridge and two right down the street on the other side of the bridge, right across the street from each other!), and usually one every few miles on major roads. Greasy greasy greasy, just right for post drink munchies. From time to time, my friends and I would end up @ the International House of Pancakes (IHOP), or pick up something from the drive through @ Taco Bell (if it wasn't too late already) or Krystal. A few times we'd just stop at the store, pick up some more beer and grab bags of chips and other snacks to continue the partying at someone's house.

worldoftui

Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:44 pm

I have to drink water before I go to bed. Loads of it, until I am full. Avoids the hangover and the dreaded "morning mouth."

As for munchies, I am dieting anyway, so not much alcohol or junk food (or fun) lately. Subway was always a good one as the bread used to soak up the alcohol, or so I thought. A chicken kebab would be acceptable I suppose - cooked to order rather than the roadkill they serve as a kebab. One day I am gonna see a pair of antlers going slowly round and round in the kebab van. :-(

Pizza is a good one. I remember when I was living in Croatia, a massive slice of the best pizza for about 35p (50cents). Perfect after-drink trough.

Srbmod

TACO BELL! Wow, I would be in trouble if they were over here.

Mark

Imonti

Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:01 am

salty protien shake, for you are male and I assume you therefore must be gay. Although that is completely acceptable, do you really have to be so just bluh? There are so many other ways to put it. Thats just wrong man, weather a girl or guy says it about what they want when they get the munchies, I think I speak for a lot of people when I say this, we dont want to hear you want/get a mouth full of cum.

But any way, each to his own.

Um Biltong, it is a traditional South African "delicacy" and what ever is in the fridge.

mlsrar

Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:25 am

I am a huge proponent of the 'breakfast routine' for the early-morning, after-bar meals. Nothing really spells a good nights' sleep like a nice, huge gyro-onion-tomato omelette with an extra size of gyro meat...nice pile of hash-browns...damn fine eatin'. Plus, its a great time to down a bunch of iced-tea and pop a couple of Tylenol PMs to make sure the wife doesn't wake you up.

Any good Greek or Albanian family-style restaurant open 24-hours will get my business.
I mean, for the right price I’ll fight a lion. - Mike Tyson

diamond

Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:42 am

Imonti,

The "shake" comment was in a signed post.

That means that a user is pretending to quote someone else, and therefore signs the other user's name underneath. It is usually used to humorously insult the other guy whose name is used.

I guess when you get to know people well enough, it is acceptable to use a signed post.

It seems I am not well enough known - and therefore protected from it!!

Kevin
Blank.

steve7e7

Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:49 am

I only get the munchies after my 2nd joint.....then,just about anything goes!!!

Steve.

Mriya

Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:00 am

Mmmm I get the munchies after.. anything! It's a wonder I'm still at a normal weight level.

My newest kick is making pizza. REAL, homemade pizza. My man and I get a bag of real dough from a publix supermarket (sourdough is great!) and we roll it out, top it in this order with ricotta cheese, then a high quality pasta sauce with some neat italian-y flavor, then some shredded cheese (we like gouda and whole milk mozzarella), then deli pepperoni, onions, more cheese, garlic, etc. It's sooooooooooooo GOOOOOD!! Talk about a great cure for the munches Big grin
Currently not active in aviation photography or this site. Thank you for your interest.

concord977

Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:04 am

I'm embarrassed to admit this: White Castle burgers with an extra slice of sharp cheddar cheese, and a large dill pickle slice.

The nearest WC is 200 miles away, so we have to buy the frozen ones at the grocery, and thus can add our own ingredients!

If you "are what you eat", I'm in big trouble.  Smile  Smile
No info

AIR757200

Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:09 am

Fri. night I ate some ranch Wheat Thins, yummy, with three classes of water as I was drunk and didn't want a hangover in the morning. Didn't matter, still was, but slightly. ..other nights maybe just a few slices of bread (with water).

I try not to eat anything heavy on calories that late at night (like fast food, etc.).

Cactus739

Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:41 am

After a night of drinking and / or dancing here .... we usually go to the Denny's.... there's one right between the majority of the bars and my apartment....almost right in the middle!

You can't fix stupid.... - Ron White

AIR757200

Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:22 am

mmmm... I have the munchies for a double chocolate doughnut from DD right now.

fspilot747

Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:26 am

Yeah, but only JCS17 would know first-hand that it's salty.

FSP

Nancy

Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:36 am

In Rochester we have something appropriately called a garbage (sloppy, messy, insert similar adjective here) plate that is 2 cheese burgers or hot dogs with fries, mac salad and hot sauce poured over the whole thing. Pretty much all the diners serve it. It's great.

vaporlock

Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:13 pm

When I get home I drink lots of water and take a couple of extra strength Tylenol.... Big thumbs up

The odd time I'll stop and get a slice of pizza........all depends on how the stomach is feeling......

Thats it for me....

Phyllis  Wink/being sarcastic

Bronko

Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:41 pm

About five years ago, a friend and I shared an apartment. He would get raging drunk, and one night ate some raw chicken that I had marinating in the fridge. He probably ate close to a pound of it. Ironically, I think it was the ultra high alcohol content in his stomach that saved him.

We don't hang out anymore because of more stupid stuff like this, I just couldn't handle it.
Jet City Aviation Photography

North County

Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:35 am

Finally someone brings up Denny's:

Denny's exists for two reasons:
1. Feed the exhausted and
2. Feed the wasted!

The truth is that the food is better then you would expect....

jamotcx

Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:40 am

I nearly always stop off in rusholme after a night out. I get a kebab, or a burger or a pizza or southern fried chicken.

I then proceed home, get out a DVD (quite often Top Gun) and eat my food while drinking very large amounts of water.

After that to bed, and up again with no hang over  Smile

Jamo

ly7e7

Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:55 am

Hot dogs with huge amounts of sauerkraut and fried onions.
Also: Pizzas with hot peppers, deep fried squids.
2 things are endless: ignorance and space

Tristar100

Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:15 am

Has to be a deep-pan pizza (any will do) with cheese and tomato garlic bread with large fries and mayonaise. I have just ordered it after a few beers, will be here in 30 mins.

Then I will go upstairs and play with the cat, then its back downstairs for refuelling on the re-heated garlic bread then back to the beer.

Then at 7.30 I will make my way to the aviation viewing park with more re-heated (cardboard style) pizza in my hand, shaking off the bad beer the night before. Every time I go to my local I feel ill the next day, I think his beer may be off?

Then on Saturday night it all starts, all over again.

Best Regards everyone.

Steve.

phxairfan

Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:25 am

Simple, dollar menu at Jack in the Box. Jumbo Jack is the best value burger you can find, anywhere. Even the largest of people would be satisfied after 3-4 of them. I sometimes see how many tacos I can eat, the most I have tried so far is 8.

lewis

Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:59 am

When I am in Essex I visit my local tesco store after a night (or a day) of alcohol etc. I buy pizza and tons of chocolate bars, especially the ones called 'Munchies' that have phrases like "Pick Me!!" or "You want me" printed on the package; hilarious! Then, if it is still early I will continue abusing substances.
In Greece I usually visit some creperies that are open 24hrs/day or an Everest fast food restaurant (also open 24hrs/day) where they make toasts with ingredients that you choose. Nothing better to eat at 6-8 am.

AIR757200

Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:38 am

...last night I had yummy fresh baked brownies after the bar with a glass of cold milk- then three glasses of water to minimize hangover.

VSlover

Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:53 am

brownies? or "brownies?"

Smile

yeah, last night i forgot to eat dinner as i went out straight from work, then i had also missed lunch because of meetings, so i basically drank on an empty stomach. sadly by the time i was ready to pass out, food was the last thing i could stomach  Sad

...and i've been paying for it ALL DAY

yyz717

Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:59 am

pizza or nachos. or popcorn.

I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.