jamesag96

Hypocrisy In Cali? Re: Sec Of Ed Riordan

Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:43 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/07/08/girls.name.ap/index.html

My favorite part of the above story is:

"Dymally was quoted in the San Jose Mercury News Thursday saying the child was "a little African-American girl. Would he (Riordan) have done that to a white girl?"

The girl is white, with blonde hair."

Followed shortly by:
"Race is not a factor in this issue," Dymally said in Thursday's statement, adding that Riordan had apologized a second time. "It is time for us to move on."

I find it troubling that Riordan made an asinine comment to a 6 year old girl...I am appalled at the attitude of Dymally.

Your thoughts?
Why Kate, You're not wearing a bustle. How lewd.

mdsh00

RE: Hypocrisy In Cali? Re: Sec Of Ed Riordan

Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:32 pm

I heard about that in the local news last Friday. I agree that it was wrong for him to hurt her feelings like that.

This part is interesting:

"Obviously it hurt her feelings, but she didn't take it personally. She knew he was wrong and she let it go," Lila said. "I'm not going to sue them for therapy bills."

"He's already apologized repeatedly," Lila added. Although Riordan's office has tried to contact her, "I don't see what else is to be done."

So if the girl and her daughter let go of it, why is everyone else still making a big deal about it. And why is the NAACP making a big deal of it if the girl is white?

I agree, Dymally sounds like an idiot to me. Pulling the race card on everything is getting old now. I don't think it makes any statement about California though. Theres just so many people there that theres bound to be idiots here and there.
"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a big fat white guy who is threatened by change."

MaverickM11

RE: Hypocrisy In Cali? Re: Sec Of Ed Riordan

Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:01 am

"As mayor, he once greeted hunger strikers outside his office eating a hamburger."

This guy is freakin' awesome!

"Democratic state Assemblyman Mervyn Dymally, who had scheduled a protest by civil rights organizations, canceled the demonstration after an apparent mix-up over the girl's racial background."

Typical.  Insane

"So if the girl and her daughter let go of it, why is everyone else still making a big deal about it. And why is the NAACP making a big deal of it if the girl is white?"

Because he's a rich, white male in a Republican administration. If you're any of those three, you're automatically guilty of racism according to the NAACP which has degenerated into a race card playing, name calling, nonsense organization.
E pur si muove -Galileo