America West A
Topic Author

02' Ford Explorer Help!

Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:25 am

I cleaned the engine of my 02' 4.0 SOHC Explorer. I coved the air filter, battery, and fuse box so that they were bone dry. I did NOT use any soap, just a luke warm hose on a cold engine. Everything works, except the air conditioner fan. I can feel cold air coming from the vents at highway speeds, from the air being pushed throught the vents, but the fan doesn't work... well let's just say that it works when it wants to. This was almost a weeks ago and it still doesn't work. I've left the hood open for days hoping for it to dry out and it's dry, but stilll no A/C. What should I do? I really don't want to take it in for service. I'm thinking its most likely a loose connection. The fuse is good. Where is the connection for the fan on the car? I'm really hoping it just came loose!

Thanks Much,
Data

vafi88

RE: 02' Ford Explorer Help!

Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:34 am

Should've gotten a better car!!!

I'd suggest taking it in for service and letting the guys that know the car best figure out whats wrong... when you know that, you can drive around and check out different shops and how much they charge.
I'd like to elect a president that has a Higher IQ than a retarted ant.

desertjets

Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:57 am

I'd be willing to bet that the A/C is a warranty item, with an 02 you should still be under warranty unless you've driven an ungodly number of miles. So taking it to the dealer for service is your best bet. I wouldn't neccessarily tell them you've given your engine a bath either... which is something that you shouldn't do. Doesn't have much of a benefit and you can always end up frying some electrical component.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

MD11LuxuryLinr

Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:11 am

Wow.. You're 13-15 and you have an 02 Explorer, eh..  Big grin

Seriously though.. Have your mother or father take it to the shop. Listen to what DesertJets said... Don't tell them you cleaned the motor. Just tell them that the fan stopped working..
Caution wake turbulence, you are following a heavy jet.

jutes85

Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:18 am

Should've gotten a better car!!!

Should have bought a Lada.  Big grin

Seriously though, next time you save enough money from your lemonaid stand, buy Nissan or similar, never buy Ford or similar. (Speaking from experience, not because I hate the US or not.)
nothing

Douglas DC-9

Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:35 am

I used to own one, as well as a truck, sold both and bought a new truck! FORD TRUCKS rock!

DesertJets- I wash my engine too! Always have, always will! Ford TELLS you to (in writing) every 6 months. This "kid" or whatever he is did the right thing. Your susposted to cover the batt, air cleaner, and fuse box. It was most likely a coincidence. And as long as your car is under 3 years/35,000 miles your covered under warrenty.

DC-9