galaxy5

Nuclear Weapons Found In Tikrit.

Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:30 pm

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20040721-081009-2541r.htm

Baghdad, Iraq, Jul. 21 (UPI) -- Iraqi security reportedly discovered three missiles carrying nuclear heads concealed in a concrete trench northwest of Baghdad, official sources said Wednesday
"damn, I didnt know prince could Ball like that" - Charlie Murphy

david b.

RE: Nuclear Weapons Found In Tikrit.

Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:32 pm

Such a report is stupid and false.
Teenage-know-it-alls should be shot on sight

JAL777

Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:35 pm

Interesting that Reuters was the source of the weapons claim but never posted it, but the "stupid" response made it to their website.

MD11Engineer

Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:10 pm

Curious thing is that a find like this would make headlines all over the news channel worldwide, but nobody mentions it.

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

Alpha 1

Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:19 pm

I think it would be breaking news everywhere.

But it isn't, so it's another piece of shit.

Oh, wait, it's just a liberal media conspiracy not to report the truth in Iraq.

zak

Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:23 pm

man galaxy5, sometimes i wonder if you right wing nuts are really that starving for WMD news that you buy whatever a local newspaper somewhere in bum fucking iraq reports, even though it immediately got dismissed by every god damn entitiy in the area, including the u.s. army who surely would not be reluctant at reporting discoveries that would help with the justification of the invasion.
10=2

MD11Engineer

Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:27 pm

Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:43 pm

This whole story I think deserves this..

Regards,

Chris

CaptOveur

Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:22 am

You call it bullshit but yet UPI is a pretty widely respected news service. I doubt they would report a total lie.
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

aloges

Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:07 am

Maybe nobody would report a total lie - but there has been at least one example of a war started over "sexed up" intelligence and hearsay about weapons of mass destruction. Probably someone in Iraq told a newsman "I found some nuclear warheads", earned a few bucks for the information and the thing was reported without further research.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Alpha 1

Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:15 am

You call it bullshit but yet UPI is a pretty widely respected news service. I doubt they would report a total lie.

Then why isn't it plastered on the media all over the world, my friend? I even checked out the RNN-nothing.

It's amazing. The right-wing, Bush apologists on here are always dismissing the importance of the WMD claim, and the dismal failure of our intel on that issue, as if it had nothing to do with the war, but if any right-wing rag says something about even a fucking grenade that is suspicious, they pounce all over it, as if it were the most important news in history.

I get the feeling they're a bit embarrassed over the failure of their hero to come up big on this issue, so they try to compensate.

Truely pitiful.

JeffM

Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:32 am

"I get the feeling they're a bit embarrassed over the failure of their hero to come up big on this issue, so they try to compensate. "

..what is truely embarassing is how our Intelligence Agencies were cut off at the knees by the guy with the wet cigar....

Big grin

b757300

Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:39 am

..what is truely embarassing is how our Intelligence Agencies were cut off at the knees by the guy with the wet cigar....

With major support from a Democrat who is running for President.
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

MD11Engineer

Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:42 am

I´ll bet Bush´s cronies are currently hunting the Los Alamos store rooms for a leftover "Little Boy" gun-type A-bomb, the simplest design possible, so that it can miracously turn up in Bagdad just before the election. Unfortunately, due to it´s design being highly dangerous, only five have ever been built.

Jan

NoUFO

Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:12 am

Galaxy5 wrote:

Nuclear Weapons Found In Tikrit

The headline reads:

Official denies nuclear arms found in Iraq

Insane

I support the right to arm bears

KYIPpilot

Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:25 am

Yeah, when I saw the title of this thread, and who posted it, I knew it was gonna be good. Thanks for the laugh!
"It starts when you're always afraid; You step out of line, the man come and take you away" -Buffalo Springfield

EA CO AS

Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:37 am

I'm willing to bet more than a few people held their breath as they waited for the page to load though.  Big grin
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

iakobos

Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:14 am

Do you have such unreliable data connections in the States EA CO AS ?

EA CO AS

Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:20 am

Do you have such unreliable data connections in the States EA CO AS ?

I think any reasonable, intelligent person could easily discern that the intent of my post was to point out that many people, upon seeing the title of the thread, gasped in either hope or disbelief.

Your immature reply was unnecessary, Iakobos.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

aloges

Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:52 am

EA CO AS:

Main Entry: iro·ny
Pronunciation: 'I-r&-nE also 'I(-&)r-nE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -nies
Etymology: Latin ironia, from Greek eirOnia, from eirOn dissembler
1 : a pretense of ignorance and of willingness to learn from another assumed in order to make the other's false conceptions conspicuous by adroit questioning -- called also Socratic irony
2 a : the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning b : a usually humorous or sardonic literary style or form characterized by irony c : an ironic expression or utterance
3 a (1) : incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result (2) : an event or result marked by such incongruity b : incongruity between a situation developed in a drama and the accompanying words or actions that is understood by the audience but not by the characters in the play -- called also dramatic irony, tragic irony
synonym see WIT

courtesy of http://www.m-w.com/dictionary.htm

MD11Engineer

Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:59 am

Well, seems the right wing has tucked in it´s tail and scarpered...  Yeah sure

Jan

david b.

Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:57 am

Where is JSC17, B757300, MD-90, L1011 and other right wing neocons?

We have yet to gear from them.
Teenage-know-it-alls should be shot on sight

aloges

Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:06 am

"Where is JSC17, B757300, MD-90, L1011 and other right wing neocons?"

option a) crying like mad after going insane because of all those stupid liberals
option b) searching the internet for "news" about Bill Clinton's sex habits (Because it's all his fault!)
option c) Making up yet another theory how the ungrateful French surrender monkeys gave nucululear weapons of mass distraction to Saddam Hussein.

Make your choice! Special offer, only today! Call 1-800-WHERE-ARE-THEY right now!

AA777

Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:08 am

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??? LOL... CLICK ON THAT LINK; THIS IS THE FIRST THING YOU SEE...

Baghdad, Iraq, Jul. 21 (UPI) -- A U.S. military official Wednesday denied a report of Iraqi missiles carrying nuclear warheads being found in a concrete trench northwest of Baghdad.

lol, honestly...some people believe anything they hear.

-AA777

EA CO AS

Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:45 am

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??? LOL... CLICK ON THAT LINK; THIS IS THE FIRST THING YOU SEE...

Baghdad, Iraq, Jul. 21 (UPI) -- A U.S. military official Wednesday denied a report of Iraqi missiles carrying nuclear warheads being found in a concrete trench northwest of Baghdad.

lol, honestly...some people believe anything they hear.

-AA777

The first thing it INITIALLY read was "Nuclear Weapons Found By Iraqi Security Forces" or something along those lines. It was later changed once the reports were proven to be inaccurate.

When seeing a headline from a respected news organization - as improbable as it may seem - it's illogical to simply dismiss it as erroneous until such time as it's ACTUALLY proven false or discredited.

At the time, it had not been proven false or discredited, so it was hardly inappropriate for Galaxy5 to post this.

I don't know if I qualify as a "right wing neocon" or not, but after seeing how poorly you self-proclaimed liberals and Bush-haters act, I'll be gloating like a sonofabitch if WMDs are truly uncovered.  Big grin

DC10GUY

Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:02 am

I am kind of surprised that Dubya and crew haven't "planted" some WMD my now anyway. Why not go all the way with there lie ???
Next time try the old "dirty Sanchez" She'll love it !!!

b757300

Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:34 am

I don't know if I qualify as a "right wing neocon" or not, but after seeing how poorly you self-proclaimed liberals and Bush-haters act, I'll be gloating like a sonofabitch if WMDs are truly uncovered.

WMD have been found unless 30+ shells full of sarin, cyclosarin, and mustard gas are not considered WMD's. Not only have WMD's been found, programs able to produce chemical weapons on short notice existed, were active, and Saddam could have produced the weapons. The programs alone were direct violations of multiple U.N. resolutions.

Oh that right. We must find more WMD's in order to satisfy the left. Of course the number needed to satisfy them is one more than will ever be found.
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

CaptOveur

Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:38 am

"Why not go all the way with there lie ???"

Typical DC10guy putting his spin on things to make them look as badly as possible for anyone with a slightly different political slant.

It would be really funny to see how most of the A.net Bush haters would deal with the same situation he was faced with post 9/11.

You have information that a country, which has been laughing in the face of the UN for oh say about 12 years probably has WMD. You know if this country does have this capability they would not hesitate to use it to kill as many of your citizens or its own as they can and as soon as they can. There are two courses of action you can take.

You can act on this information, and invade since 12 years of history has shown diplomacy does not work. Granted, if you are wrong you are probably hurting your chances for re-election.

You can do nothing, knowing that a few thousand of your own citizens getting vaporized or enjoying the lovely death Sarin nerve gas gives people would be a possibility. This would also probably hurt your chances for re-election, nevermind your own ability to sleep at night knowing you had been presented with information you had not acted on many months ago.

By the way Bush haters, those vaporized people, or the ones dying a horrible twitching death from nerve gas could have easily been you.

Of course some members of this forum, who have their heads so far up their asses they need a window in their stomach to see where they are going seem to think bush got up one day with a serious case of anti-Iraq morning wood.

Why haven't we planted WMD? Simple, Bush, believe it or not, has morals. This is something unheard of for Democrats. He knows now he screwed up. He acted on bad information and is willing to face the consequences, I honestly doubt he cares that much about getting re-elected. His party and his political team sure does, but I seriously question how much the man wanted the job to start with.

So, before you question a world leader, put yourself in his shoes. Could you have lived with the consequences of not acting on the information he had? Yes there are costs to what he did, but consider the costs if he did nothing and that information had been true.

You never know until you find out.

DC10GUY

Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:45 am

Yeah, Yeah, Right 757300 dude, Answer me this will you ? Did we invade Iraq because they had WMD's ??? If they did, where are they ??? If we invaded Iraq to liberate the "poor Iraqi people" why was that more important then the war on terror ??? And one more Question are your bags packed yet ???

Alpha 1

Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:52 am

..what is truely embarassing is how our Intelligence Agencies were cut off at the knees by the guy with the wet cigar...

Stale, old, wrong, incorrect news. And, as usual, the GOP mouthpiece tries to blame Clinton. Sorry, Jeff. Our intel network was trashed in the 70's and 80's, and the institutional problems that led to our failures have been around for decades.

So, Pavlov, stop with the reflex. No one buys it anymore.

I'm willing to bet more than a few people held their breath as they waited for the page to load though.

With Galaxy 5 posting it, and NOTHING on any news stations before I opened it? Hardly. Just more stale, desperate right wing hot air.

I don't know if I qualify as a "right wing neocon" or not, but after seeing how poorly you self-proclaimed liberals and Bush-haters act, I'll be gloating like a sonofabitch if WMDs are truly uncovered.

Well, they won't be, so you'll just have to gloat over not being able to gloat. You're smart, EA CO AS, a lot smarter than the B757300's, Galaxy5's and JeffM's, on this board, and if you're still holding on to such fantasies, then the conservative movement is really lost in la la land.

WMD have been found unless 30+ shells full of sarin, cyclosarin, and mustard gas are not considered WMD's.

Link? Oh, you don't have it? Oh, it's a freaking lie, and a figment of your imagination? Ah, well, that's par for the course, B757300. Truth is we've found NOTHING!!!

To all the conservative, Bush kisser-uppers and apologists: there aren't any weapons, and you don't have a 5-year grace period to fine a vile of sarin and claim the intel was right. The intel was wrong, and you know it.

For people who scoff at the fact that we blew it big-time, you guys are awfully desperate to find even vile of something, to justify a war that more and more people are not able to justify, as we head towards a thousand GI's who will never make it home.

CaptOveur

Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:01 pm

DC10GUY

Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:11 pm

Captoveur, surely you not suggesting that we invaded Iraq over a few shells are you ???

CaptOveur

Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:14 pm

DC10guy, if you are able to read posts longer than a few lines read my previous post (#27).

On the other hand.. How many shells would have been enough to justify it in your mind? Give me a SPECIFIC number.

DC10GUY

Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:21 pm

Oh I don't know ... I think our army guys could clean them up pretty quickly. Hell there's thousands of tons of VX in Indiana that ain't hurting no one. The question is did we have to invade and kill 15 k innocent people to capture the dreaded "WMD" ???

CaptOveur

Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:22 pm

Typical, you were unable to answer a simple, direct question. I am not surprised.

Alpha 1

Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:27 pm

COUGH yourself, Captoveur. We've never heard ONE WORD about that since then-almost a month later! Another false lead, seems to me. If this were a REAL find of weapons, we'd still be hearing about it, but we aren't. The Administration would be making political hay out of it, and they aren't.

So you must have a cold. Go to the doctor. It might be serious.

Again, another sad, desperate, delusioned conservative.

EA CO AS

Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:18 pm

WMD have been found unless 30+ shells full of sarin, cyclosarin, and mustard gas are not considered WMD's.

I know, but what I mean is if enough WMDs to shut all the naysayers up are uncovered.

Then again, we could uncover the equivalent of the entire North Korean nuclear arsenal in Iraq and you'd still have many liberals saying, "That's it?!? THAT'S what we invaded for?"  Insane

CaptOveur

Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:21 pm

Yet again I agree with EA CO AS

There is just no convincing Alpha or DC10guy of anything. We will always need just a little more than what we have.

I still have to imagine how they would blame Bush if someone set off a nuclear bomb in Times Square.

dahawaiian

Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:23 pm

Blame the Lib-ruls, blame the French, don't blame Bush because Clinton caused this mess.

Signed,

JSC17, B757300, MD-90, L1011, JeffM and the crew

Really guys, this is getting very old.

DC10GUY

Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:24 pm

EA CO AS, You maybe right dude, But would the Bush admin. Switch back to a "we invaded because of WMD" or stick with the newer " we liberated the poor Iraqi people" spin ???

vafi88

Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:33 pm

We must find more WMD's in order to satisfy the left

Please B757300, you or anyone else for the war, please tell me that 1,000 AMERICAN TROOPS (the same ones that might be your wife's brother or friend) are dead for 30 shells of 10 year old mustard gas that probably wouldn't make it into Iran, not even mentioning the US....

What a bunch of bullsh!t.
I'd like to elect a president that has a Higher IQ than a retarted ant.

ushermittwoch

Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:59 pm

Vafi, you have it all wrong!

These 30 shells were intended to attack the US. Not only that but to do it on the Fourth of July. Killing ALL US citizens.
 Yeah sure
Where have all the tri-jets gone...

sabenapilot

Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:28 pm

So, in the obvious absence of a nuculear ( Big grin) program, those 30 chemical grenades of 10 years old where the reason for this war, killing many tens of thousands of INNOCENT Iraqi, as well as over a thousand coalition troops?

I bet those 30 highly dangerously 10 year old grenades were not sufficient to reach this devastating effect. Which is again proof the AQ strategy first used on 9-11 works: You don't need to have WMD of yourself, use those of the enemy....

Coming to think of it: since it is summertime now and I have to fight mother nature, there are probably more chemical weapons in my garden shed than there are to be found anywhere in Iraq.

MD11Engineer

Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:49 pm

Weren´t those the empty shells Polish soldiers found in some market stalls? It was well known that Saddam Hussein produced chemical weapons in the 80s-early 90´s, but his program got dismantled due to UN controls. Since the end of Gulf war 2, no programs have been found.

Jan

Sabena 690

Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:58 pm

B753, it makes you again looking pathetic that you use about 30 10-year old weapons, spread in the huge Iraqi desert, of which nobody knew the existence, to claim that Iraq had WMD's.

If a Democrat will ever have to proof certain things, you would require more evidence, right?

And of course, the usual crap again: 'we will always need one more than everything that is found to convince the liberals'. Kindergarten, right?

Just pathetic and laughable... thanks for the fun anyway.

Sabena 690

Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:03 pm

I'll be gloating like a sonofabitch if WMDs are truly uncovered.

I'll be happy and change my mind either...

PS: question for B753: we all know that you use everything what you find on the net, true or not, to back up your claims, and that you ignore all evidence against you. Just one question: have you lost faith in your own AMERICAN (so symbol of democracy and freedom and correctness) investigation commission, who said that Iraq had now WMD's? And the British investigation commission?

sabenapilot

Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:01 pm

I doubt you will ever be gloating, since the search for WMD in Iraq has more or less been stopped.

After more than 1.5 years of searching, the first months even high profile with a lot of media attention (Bush was going to quickly prove those non-believing cowards in Europe how right he was and how dangerous Iraq was), the search delivered nothing but a bunch of old material.
To halt the stream of questions of journalists, following the trails of the investigators as to how much longer we had to wait for those WMD, the search would continue more 'in depth and be less spectacular, yet more efficient as from now' (Iraq is vast country and it can take a while to find smaller amounts of hidden WMD in the dessert).
However, the low profile search has also ended in silence since the hand over and in fact there are only a handful of persons still occupied with it, doing nothing but office duties, so unless those WMD are send to them by Iraqi mail, they will not come up with it anymore now.

777236ER

Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:45 pm

B757300, if true WMD have been found, why isn't it plastered all over the White House website? Has GWB ever mentioned it in a speech? Tony Blair has accecpted we haven't found WMD.
Your bone's got a little machine

Schoenorama

Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:07 am

Captoveur:

*cough* *cough* *cough*

"Contrary to preliminary reports, 16 rocket warheads found last week in south-central Iraq by Polish troops did not contain deadly chemicals, a coalition spokesman said yesterday."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2001971485_iraqdig03.html

Next please...!

Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!

Alpha 1

Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:25 am

Captoveur doesn't care about the truth, he just is pining on here for Mr. Bush. The truth doesn't enter that equation.