IanatSTN

Linksys Router Internet Window Problem...

Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:35 pm

Hi Everyone,

At present I have 2 computers set up in my office, the main one which I use for FS2004 and gaming, and a secondary PC, which I use when the main one is all ready in use another member of the family, or if it has a problem etc. They are both networked together and both share the same broadband connection, which is split with a Linksys router. Now here is my problem.....

On the secondary computer, whenever I am in Internet Explorer and click on a link which opens a new window to display the page, all that is displayed is a plain white page, with nothing in the address bar. I then have to manually copy the URL which is becoming extremely annoying. This does not happen on my main PC, as I somehow managed to fix it, but I can't for the life of me remember how...

So my question is does anyone know why this is happening? Have I set a setting to a wrong level? A security setting?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, please ask if you need any details....

Cheers,  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Ian@STN
Ian@STN ::

CPDC10-30

RE: Linksys Router Internet Window Problem...

Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:13 pm

Sounds like either two things:

1) Your browser has been hijacked
2) Computer is not set up properly for LAN internet access

To correct #1: Go to download.com and download Pest Patrol or HijackThis! and run a scan. It will tell you if there is any hijacking software installed on your computer and give you the option of removing it.

#2: In the browser, go to Tools, Internet Options. Click the Connections tab, then the LAN Settings button at the bottom. Ensure that there is no entries in the proxy server field and that all the checkboxes are not checked.

Hope this helps....

Rgds,

CPDC10-30

IanatSTN

RE: Linksys Router Internet Window Problem...

Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:02 am

CPDC10-30,

Thanks for yoru advice, will give it a shot....

Cheers  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Ian@STN
Ian@STN ::