ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Call The Verdicts: Scott Peterson, Kobe Bryant

Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:19 am

Missed it with Martha, but call the verdicts...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I say--

Peterson: Guilty (though, his rather inept prosecution might allow Geragos to pull a rabit outta his hat)

Bryant: Not Guilty
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

L.1011

RE: Call The Verdicts: Scott Peterson, Kobe Bryant

Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:27 am

Peterson: Guilty

Kobe: Not Gulity

PPGMD

Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:31 am

Kobe: If it's true that she had sex after she was raped, and it's admitted into evidence then Not Guilty, otherwise Guilty.

Peterson: Could swing either way, but I am for a guilty verdict.
At worst, you screw up and die.

WidgetBoi

Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:33 am

Peterson: Not Guilty  Sad

Bryant: Not Guilty

MaverickM11

Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:36 am

News Networks: Guilty (of giving this f*&$#ng nonsense more than 20 minutes of coverage per week)
E pur si muove -Galileo

iflyatldl

Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:39 am

I think Peterson is guilty and Bryant is innocent. I just have a feeling the wrong person is going to walk.  Big grin
Ah, Summer, Fenway Park, Boston Red Sox and Beer.....

con-pilot

Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:50 am

Peterson will walk, not enough evidence.

Bryant will walk after signing a very large check to the bimbo.
Remember that different is different, not better or worse, just different.

KROC

Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:53 am

1.) Don't care

2.) The "seamen cocktail" what was found in the plantiff's panties all but ensures Kobe will walk, and walk without paying her off.

MaverickM11

Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:09 am

"The "seamen cocktail" what was found in the plantiff's panties all but ensures Kobe will walk, and walk without paying her off."

She's not a slut! She's just popular!
E pur si muove -Galileo

JetService

Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:24 am

Bryant will walk after signing a very large check to the bimbo.

Wow, I thought Bryant's trial was a criminal case. Is she suing him????
"Shaddap you!"

EA CO AS

Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:29 am

Scott Peterson - not guilty

Kobe Bryant - not guilty

Question for the armchair attorneys out there (and practicing ones) - do double jeopardy laws keep the prosecutors from filing a different type of charge against Scott Peterson until they get it right? For example, if he's found not guilty of first degree murder, can they then charge him with manslaughter or second degree murder, or perhaps even kidnapping and keep re-trying him under various charges until they get one to stick?

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

aa61hvy

Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:37 am

1. Guilty!!!!
2. With this new sexual activity (prior to Kobe) that is being brought up and entered into evidence, the man will walk. I don't think he was guilty from the get go.
Go big or go home

DfwRevolution

Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:42 am

1. Certain spot in hell personally reserved guilty

2. Not guilty, but morally ambigious. Whoa who am I kidding, it's the F-ing NBA  Nuts

Greg

Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:52 am

Not guilty (by a technicality in evidence a la OJ)
Not guilty

Of course, I've been wrong before....just not in my cases...
 Smile

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:11 am

Certain spot in hell personally reserved guilty

...speaking of RSVP, interesting to note (according to Greta van Susteren) that Scott Peterson has received nearly 200 offers from women who want to date/marry him should he be acquitted---- and some don't even specify that!  Wow!

N6376M

Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:12 am

Peterson - Guilty

Kobe - Not guilty (actually, it won't even make it to a jury).

dvk

Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:13 am

Guilty and not guilty. My gut is that Peterson the prison stud will go down. After all, prison agrees with him. He's much more buff since he's been on the inside. There's too much reasonable doubt to convict Bryant.
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.

yyz717

Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:17 am

Both appear guilty of murder and rape respectively. Hope they both serve life for what they did. These 2 should never walk the streets again.

I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

scottysair

Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:08 am

Peterson is gulity (it is charges on their first degree murder with his wife Laci. it could get face on the death penalty.)

Bryant is not guilty and it will make all of his charges is dropped and will make releases out of their prison.

North County

Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:20 am

KROC

The Bimbo will stick Kobe for a Chevy Cavalier.....the car of choice amoung her type.

L-188

Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:25 am

Excuse me? Car of choice amoung her type?

My mother drives one, which my sister now has.

And I used to own one too.

I hardly would consider any of us, "Her type"  Pissed
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

KiwiNanday

Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:37 am

Peterson is guilty but he'll get away with it

Kobe's going to jail
Silly Islamic extremists, it's just a cartoon!

North County

Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:39 am

Will have to let KROC answer that one...

L-188 were they RS's or maybe Z-24s?

[Edited 2004-08-04 00:47:32]

mdsh00

Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:41 am

Peterson: Guilty
Kobe: Not Guilty. The Prosecution's case has more holes in it than swiss cheese. Too bad they cant rely on the Rape Sheild law anymore.
"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a big fat white guy who is threatened by change."

KiwiNanday

Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:43 am

Colorado is tough as hell in rape cases. I hope Kobe walks but I doubt he will
Silly Islamic extremists, it's just a cartoon!

b757300

Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:45 am

Peterson: Guilty but we'll probably see another OJ verdict

Kobe: Not enough info yet to answer as we only are getting bits and pieces that the media reports.
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

L-188

Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:47 am

I hope so,

Both of the ones in our family where base models, not those psudo-souped up ones.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

cptkrell

Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:23 am

"Call the Verdicts"; Sounds like a Vegas sports-book, so I'm in.

Peterson = guilty
Bryant = not guilty

And...to give my bookies a heads-up;

Hacking = guilty

Regards...Jack
all best; jack

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:11 am

And...to give my bookies a heads-up;

Hacking = guilty

Based on the evidence that's being thusfar presented (and the speed at which that's happening), I'd say that's a pretty dang safe bet to make...

...then again, the Peterson trial was once called a slam-dunk  Yeah sure

luv2fly

Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 am

I think Peterson will be found out not guilty and Kobe will do a Michael Jackson and buy her off. Just my 2 cents. The world is not a safer place.
You can cut the irony with a knife

iflyatldl

Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:26 am

In the case of Kobe, how can you buy off a criminal case? But, then again, Michael Jackson seemed to be able to do it. Who knows?

luisca

Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:13 pm

Everyday I am more convinced that Petterson will walk, though my gut tells me he is guilty.

I had a felling Kobe's case was a farse since the beggining, that girl seem deeply disturbed to me. How can any normal women have consensual sex a few HOURS after being allegedly raped, that is not normal. Something tells me that in light of this new evidence the case wont even reach a trial.
If it ain't Boeing (or Embraer ;-)) I ain't Going!

N317AS

Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:54 pm

I think Peterson will walk, because CA has a tendency to let the worst criminals go free. (Juice anyone?) Too much circumstantial evidence on this one. Even though Manson is still in jail. And I applaud them for that.

Kobe should have been arrested for being stupid and morally bankrupt, but I don't think the rape charge will stick.

Some people are like Slinkies. They bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

B2707SST

Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:09 pm

Peterson: he's guilty as sin, but he'll probably be acquitted. The evidence is circumstantial and the prosecution has dropped the ball. The dismissed juror at least was not convinced. It will not be hard for a master performer like Geragos to get reasonable doubt.

Bryant: whether he actually raped her or not, who knows, but he'll get off. The accuser's credibility has been shredded, and with multiple sex partners in such a short period, the prosecution can't unambiguously tie any injuries she sustained to Kobe.

--B2707SST
Keynes is dead and we are living in his long run.

itsjustme

Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:53 pm

Peterson- Guilty of the crime and will be found guilty
Bryant- Guilty of the crime but will be found not guilty

Question for the armchair attorneys out there (and practicing ones) - do double jeopardy laws keep the prosecutors from filing a different type of charge against Scott Peterson until they get it right? For example, if he's found not guilty of first degree murder, can they then charge him with manslaughter or second degree murder, or perhaps even kidnapping and keep re-trying him under various charges until they get one to stick?

In other cases juries have been given latitude on what, if anything they find the accused guilty of. Meaning, even though the charge may be murder in the first degree, they've been given the option of finding the defendant guilty of a lesser offense (2nd degree murder, aggravated homicide, manslaughter, etc...). However, from everything I have seen and read pertaining to this case, it appears the prosecution is going for an "all or nothing" verdict. The charges against Peterson are, Count I, the premeditated murder of Laci Peterson and Count 2, the felonious murder of Conner Peterson, the unborn son. While it's possible the jury could find him guilty of Count I but not guilty of Count II, it's highly unlikely being that I think the prosecution has shown that Scott Peterson knew his wife was pregnant and would, therefore, know that by murdering her he was murdering his unborn son. So, realistically the jury has just 3 options. Guilty, not guilty, or declare themselves hung. Also, with regard to this case, if they find Peterson guilty, the same jury will decide whether or not he will be put to death. During the selection process, all 12 finalists said they would sentence Peterson to death should a guilty verdict be reached. If a not guilty verdict is reached that will be the end of the criminal process but you can bet Laci's family will do as Nicole Brown Simpson's family did and file a multi-million dollar wrongful death suit against Mr. Peterson.

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:18 pm

The evidence is circumstantial

Plennnnty of Californians (though not rich, handsome, and white) sit behind bars on little more that mass-accumulated circumstantial evidence, so I wouldnt dismiss that just yet.

and the prosecution has dropped the ball.

Perhaps, but...........

The dismissed juror at least was not convinced.

...........the prosecution has yet to employ the absolute centerpiece of their case. How then could he have been convinced at that point?

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:20 pm

but you can bet Laci's family will do as Nicole Brown Simpson's family did and file a multi-million dollar wrongful death suit against Mr. Peterson.

They arent waiting, that's already been done

EA CO AS

Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:45 am

but you can bet Laci's family will do as Nicole Brown Simpson's family did and file a multi-million dollar wrongful death suit against Mr. Peterson.

They arent waiting, that's already been done

If Peterson is acquitted, doesn't that acquittal speak volumes towards undermining any wrongful death suit, though? I'd assume any attorney worth his or her salt would tell the Rocha family their odds of winning aren't great if he's acquittted.

Besides - what would they get from him? It's not like he's a corporation with big pockets! Assume judgment is against him in a civil case to the tune of $20,000,000. He'd appeal, and assuming he loses, he just files bankruptcy and the Rocha family becomes unsecured creditors that will be lucky to get one thin dime.

The only potential source of revenue would be a book or movie deal, and even then he may elect to not pursue any such options.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

SSTjumbo

Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:11 am

Peterson: Is guilty (why else did he run and get a bubba-john makeover? was it coincidence?), 70% of him found guilty

Kobe: not anymore guilty than we already know, 10% chance of him found guilty on rape charges, of which time he will be sentenced to...

...hours of community service
I don't know, so this is my signature.

iflyatldl

Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:02 am

According to CNN(just in), the Prosecuter in the Bryant case has serious doubts about getting a conviction in the case and is considering dropping it.  Big grin

CaptOveur

Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:38 am

Peterson: Not Guilty.. Lets be honest here, he did it but the prosecution is hanging their whole case on some hair in some pliers. I can probably find 2 of my girlfriends hairs in a pair of my pliers and she is 100% alive and kicking. I seem to find those long damn hairs everywhere else in the apartment, why not the toolbox?

Kobe: Not Guilty... Did he fuck her? Hell yes, shagged her rotten. Was it rape? I highly highly doubt it. The girl was certainly a slut, that does not make it OK to rape her but I really think she was a slut that saw dollar signs so she put out for Kobe intending from day 1 to sue him for zillions. As is typical with these types of people she didn't think the matter through and build a better case for herself, so she will leave with nothing except the entire english speaking world knowing she puts out at the drop of a hat.

Also, had the Kobe thing really been rape it would have never seen the inside of a courtroom, he would have written her a check for a few million and that would have been the end of it. He knows he didn't do it so he is letting the lawyers battle it out.
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

N6376M

Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:44 am

Iflyatldl -

Your news wasn't so breaking - I called it in my reply #15.

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:21 am

If Peterson is acquitted, doesn't that acquittal speak volumes towards undermining any wrongful death suit, though?

If OJ's case was any indicator... then the answer is, not in the least.

He was acquitted criminally; but found responsible for Nicole/Ron's death civilly.

jcs17

Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:45 pm

Peterson: Guilty. This guy is about as guilty as Orenthal. I think the prosecution has done a decent enough job presenting the evidence and proving beyond a reasonable doubt that Scott Peterson murdered his wife. I mean, even some of Peterson's accounts of those days are about as plausible as Orenthal chipping golf balls at 10:30 at night.

Kobe: Not guilty...or the slut will decide to stop pursuing criminal charges. I personally think that Kobe raped her, but at the same time, from all accounts the chick is a complete whore. Thus, if the courts allow her sexual history to be brought into court, she will lose big time. As KROC so eloquently put it, the 'semen cocktail' in her panties does not bode well for the prosecution.

Orenthal: Guilty
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

MxCtrlr

Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:55 pm

I think they both will walk. Not enough evidence proving Peterson did it (and what the prosecution has presented so far has been adequately cast into doubt by the defense - and "reasonable doubt" is all he needs to prove) and too much evidence (as one person suggested above, the "semen cocktail") will get Kobe off.

Of course, then again, I though OJ would get convicted too.

MxCtrlr  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Freight Dogs Anonymous - O.O.T.S.K.  Smokin cool
DAMN! This SUCKS! I just had to go to the next higher age bracket in my profile! :-(

tristarenvy

Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:12 pm

Peterson: Guilty. Unless prosecutors bungle something, big time.

Kobe: Wow, an NBA star accused of a crime??!? Impossible! What can the sport be coming too? He's probably guilty, but sadly, it looks like the evidence will make the accuser look so septic that the jury will side with Bryant.
If you don't stand for SOMETHING, you'll fall for ANYTHING.

cancidas

Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:26 pm

i'd have to say that i think both are guilty.
"...cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home."

CVG777

Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:32 pm

Peterson: Guilty, but like so many others, wouldn't be surprised if he walked becuase of more prosecution bungling.

Bryant: Not Guilty.

aa777flyer

Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:57 am

Peterson-I think he is guilty..But he will walk....
Kobe- I think he is innocent and the bimbo wants a huge $$$ settlement.
The TSA was created to make the post office look efficient!