L-188
Topic Author

Jumping Out Of A Car Better Then Florida Move

Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:38 pm

http://www.ktuu.com/CMS/anmviewer.asp?a=2724&z=4

Or at least that was what a teenager who's Air Force dad was being transfered to Florida

The lad had attempted to run away from home several times prior after his dad got orders to a new base down there. Anyway as the family was heading out of town this afternoon, the kid decided to leap from the family car on the highway. He survied the intitial jump but did get clipped by the mirror on a flatbed truck on the highway.

Even though he is spending the night in a hospital in town, he has no lifethreatening injuries.

Considering that the last word I got was that the girl my dog replaced settled down in that state, well I can certainly sympathise with his feelings about not wanting to go down there, but I was never nuts enough to jump out of a car over it.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

MxCtrlr

RE: Jumping Out Of A Car Better Then Florida Move

Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:49 pm

Outside of the heat and humidity (but Houston is far worse for humidity than the Tampa Bay area), I love it down here (especially when I talk to my brother in MSP and he is neck-deep in snow and the word "bitter" is in the nightly weather forecasts)!

MxCtrlr  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Freight Dogs Anonymous - O.O.T.S.K.  Smokin cool
DAMN! This SUCKS! I just had to go to the next higher age bracket in my profile! :-(

KROC

Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:40 pm

If you prefer to stay in Alaska, you deserve to get clipped by a rig.

itsjustme

Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:58 pm

Here in CA we have the same weather FL does minus the humidity. We can also go to the mountains, the desert, the ocean, and suvrive an earthquake all in one day! Not to mention enduring the possibility of being involved in a car crash with a drunken celebrity.

JGPH1A

Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:40 pm

Re: Considering that the last word I got was that the girl my dog replaced settled down in that state, well I can certainly sympathise with his feelings about not wanting to go down there

Ouch - not bitter or anything, are we ? I guess its mutual, since she moved as far away as she possibly could in the continental US !  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

yyz717

Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:14 pm

The teenage years can be a traumatic time to pick up and move. My symnpathies for the boy. Perhaps the family could have handled the move better.

I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

L-188
Topic Author

Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:47 am

No not bitter.

But I still have the dog Big grin
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

MaverickM11

Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:24 pm

After living there 7 years...I don't blame him!
E pur si muove -Galileo