AMS

Thoughts On The Dutch Straatkrant

Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:24 am

The Dutch Straatkrant is a newspaper which is sold by Asylum seekers in the Netherlands. In the last couple of years you can see more and more of these people standing at Supermarkets and Shopping centers.

What do you think of them?
I really get tired of people saying hello to me, so that I should purchase one of their magazines.

Regards,
AMS

JGPH1A

RE: Thoughts On The Dutch Straatkrant

Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:27 am

Sounds like 'The Big Issue' - sold by homeless people in the UK - costs GBP1.00. It can get annoying, but on the other hand, its helping out.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

CPH-R

Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:19 am

I think there's a huge difference between the Big Issues and Dutch Straatkrant, in that people will tend to have a pity on the homeless, whereas I think that people will generally think "Fuck off to your own country" of some asylum seekers. I know I do - I can't stand people who pays a fortune to get a human smuggler to get them to Denmark and then claim asylum saying that they're "oh so poor back home etc".

AMS

Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:46 am

Most people who sell the Straatkrant here in the Netherlands are Asylum-seekers. Finally the Dutch government is getting tuff on the new immigration laws, and it's about time.