DC10GUY

Some Of The Reasons Why I'm "a Liberal"

Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:48 am

#1 I don't cry or sport wood when the star spangled banner is played. #2 trees are worth saving even if it effects stock prices. #3 whales are worth saving even if it effects stock prices. #4 Don't let hungry people starve. #5 make rich people pay taxes. #6 Being rich shouldn't let you get a way with murder. #7 pollution is bad. #8 A cop is not a judge #9 War shouldn't be used for financial gain. These are just a few ..... Thanks !!!
Next time try the old "dirty Sanchez" She'll love it !!!

JAL777

RE: Some Of The Reasons Why I'm "a Liberal"

Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:54 am

And here I thought it was the weed?

futureualpilot

Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:21 pm

I must have missed something, but are we supposed to care?

As far as I'm concerned, it doesnt need an explanation, you are what you are.
Life is better when you surf.

CaptOveur

Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:29 pm

I thought you were just ignorant... I guess I am still right.

I still don't care.
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

B747forlife

Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:38 pm

Wow, I was expecting a list that would help to tell me what I was. Instead I got this.

I feel gipped.

-Nick

DC10GUY

Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:45 pm

Hey JAL777 ..... You reminded me what my #10 is .... Weed should be legal !!! Party on dude !!!

JAL777

Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:07 pm

Weed should be legal !!! Party on dude !!!

Can't argue with that!!!  Smokin cool  Smokin cool  Smokin cool  Smokin cool

KFRG

RE: Some Of The Reasons Why I'm "an Asshole"

Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:08 pm

Once an ignorant bastard, always an ignorant bastard...
DC10guy, what's the need for this post of self attention?

[Edited 2004-08-09 06:10:32]

DC10GUY

Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:00 pm

Sorry dude, I just had to join the crowd. There is a right and a center thread starter, I felt I had to add a left.... Civic duty. And that reminds me too. #11 ban guns !!!

DfwRevolution

Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:32 pm

You know, there are some of us who feel it would probably be more responsible to prevent the environments that predicate toward gun violence rather than abolishing a civil liberty for those who are responsible. Or perhaps you didn't know that cars and hamburgers kill more Americans annually.

I'm sure you meant- #11 solve inter-city poverty, gang violence, drug trafficking, and prostitution. Run more thorough background checks, enforce responsible gun ownership

8 A cop is not a judge

Add... a judge is not a legislature as well

#2 trees are worth saving even if it effects stock prices. #3 whales are worth saving even if it effects stock prices. #5 make rich people pay taxes. #9 War shouldn't be used for financial gain.

Wow.. anyone with some loose change in their pockets better watch out for you.

I agree the tax code has loopholes left and right for the wealthy, but even after all the accountants tricks and haberdashery... the fact remains that those in the top 5% of income's pay 50% of the tax revenue, while the bottom 50% of incomes pays roughly 4% of the tax revenue. I'm all for a new tax code, not to stick it to the wealthy but to create something understandable and efficient rather than wasting 10 billion a year in incorrectly filed returns.

As for the environment, I hope you realize that our efforts to protect our forest at all cost is dooming them into a pile of smoking ashes.

wilax

Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:33 pm

Sorry, but that sounds like you are just a TV-watching-pop-culture-sheep that believes everything that comes out of Hollywood. Try both sides of the story before you form your opinions.

yanksn4

Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:57 pm

#1 I don't cry or sport wood when the star spangled banner is played

I think that you should show at least appreciation for that song. Millions and Millions and Millions of men and women have died and sacraficed themselves so that you could say something like this. That song is intended for you not to forget what I just said and to thank everyone for their service to our great country.

#2 trees are worth saving even if it effects stock prices. #3 whales are worth saving even if it effects stock prices.

Look, I am someone who is concerned about our environment. I am concerned about pollution and the cutting of trees. I agree that President Bush should do more on this issue.

#4 Don't let hungry people starve.

No one wants to see people starve. Conservitive, Liberal no one.

#9 War shouldn't be used for financial gain
Agreed. However, if you are implying that the War on Terrorism and the Iraq War (the two are connected) were used for financial gain, you need to get some fresh air. If the two were somehow for financial gain, we would not have sacraficed so much and we would have just cut and run.

#10 is .... Weed should be legal !!! Party on dude !!!

I do not think that something that intoxicates you as much as Marijuana should be allowed. If weed is allowed, then there is a huge risk of someone who is intoxicated that gets behind a wheel and kills a family of four.
2013 Airports: EWR, JFK, LGA, LIS, AGP, DEN, GIG, RGN, BKK, LHR, FRA, LAX, SYD, PER, MEL, MCO, MIA, PEK, IAH

QIguy24

Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:01 pm

I do not think that something that intoxicates you as much as Marijuana should be allowed. If weed is allowed, then there is a huge risk of someone who is intoxicated that gets behind a wheel and kills a family of four.

What about alcohol or very strong medication? Should we ban alcohol to then?

DC10GUY

Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:07 pm

DFW Dude... You must be smoking some really good shit dude ... The richest 5% pay 50 % tax ??? Yeah right. How much tax did Bill Gates pay last year ??? I won't argue with Dubyas plan to prevent forest fires though ... If you cut the forest down it won't burn !!! Brilliant !!! And that reminds me of #12 Gay marriage isn't that important and is nobodies business.

yanksn4

Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:20 pm

I won't argue with Dubyas plan to prevent forest fires though ... If you cut the forest down it won't burn !!! Brilliant !!!

First, President George W. Bush is not proposing to cut every tree down in the forest. Second, what the president's plan is that it would concern getting rid of the little bushes and twigs that fires first catch one to and then make their way to the trees.

#12 Gay marriage isn't that important and is nobodies business.

I think that it is important when you are destroying the foundation of marriage. The purpose of a marriage between a man and a woman is to produce offspring so that the human race can survive. Second, it is somebodies business when they try to allow this sinful thing through anarcy and not doing through state legislators or the people.
2013 Airports: EWR, JFK, LGA, LIS, AGP, DEN, GIG, RGN, BKK, LHR, FRA, LAX, SYD, PER, MEL, MCO, MIA, PEK, IAH

JGPH1A

Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:31 pm

Re: The purpose of a marriage between a man and a woman is to produce offspring so that the human race can survive

No - that's the purpose of sex. How many Australopitheci do you think signed a marriage register ? Or don't you believe in evolution ?

The purpose of marriage is to commit to sharing your life to your chosen partner. Not the same thing at all.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

j.mo

Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:59 pm

...the fact remains that those in the top 5% of income's pay 50% of the tax revenue, while the bottom 50% of incomes pays roughly 4% of the tax revenue.

So, 25% of say, 1 Billion dollars is more than say, 25% of $20K?

Figures are just pulled out of my A$$ but if you look at it like that, than the arguement is pretty lame.

Jeremy

jasepl

Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:21 pm

I think that it is important when you are destroying the foundation of marriage. The purpose of a marriage between a man and a woman is to produce offspring so that the human race can survive. Second, it is somebodies business when they try to allow this sinful thing through anarcy and not doing through state legislators or the people.

Okay, you've have changed my mind. Allowing gay marriage, you have managed to persuade me, will destroy the family, weaken Western civilisation, turn the world into Sodom and Gomorrah, increase the trade deficit, endanger the family farm and promote tooth decay.

I must yield, because the impeccable logic of conservative opponents is simply too powerful to deny.

B747forlife

Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:31 am

J.mo, if by pretty lame you mean, makes a lot of sense, then you're pefectly right.

$250,000,000 is a whole heck of a lot more than $5,000.

That's not to say that taxing everyone flatly would be correct, because it would not be.

-Nick

MaverickM11

Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:38 am

"DFW Dude... You must be smoking some really good shit dude ... The richest 5% pay 50 % tax ??? Yeah right."

DC10Guy, I know you have tough times with facts, but he's right. The top 5% of the population pays the overwhelming majority of the tax bill, while the bottom 50% of the population pays virtually nothing. The top 5% does not necessarily pay 50% of their income in taxes, but the upper tax brackets are above 40%.
E pur si muove -Galileo

MaverickM11

Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:51 am

DC10Guy,

I know you need pictures and graphics to understand, so see:

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/non_aviation/read.main/610518/

Response # 36: top 5% of the population pays 50+% of the tax bill.
E pur si muove -Galileo

luisca

Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:57 am

Why do you whant to deny the fact that 5% carry 50% of the tax burden, IT IS TRUE. The data comes from the IRS itself. I believe in a porcentage based tax system, where you pay a porcentage of what you earn, same percentage for everybody.

But speaking to this crowd is like triying to convince Fidel Castro.

And Weed is a DRUG, like it or not.
If it ain't Boeing (or Embraer ;-)) I ain't Going!

JeffM

Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:02 am

One of the reasons I don't care:

1. Your a liberal.

Big grin

DC10GUY

Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:29 am

Oh yeah #13. Preachers should stay out of politics. That's one of the more important reasons "I'm a Liberal".... Thanks

DfwRevolution

Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:41 am

DFW Dude... You must be smoking some really good shit dude ... The richest 5% pay 50 % tax ??? Yeah right. How much tax did Bill Gates pay last year ???

Why don't you look up Bill Gates annual sallary, and I don't mean his net worth. You might be suprised

I won't argue with Dubyas plan to prevent forest fires though ... If you cut the forest down it won't burn !!! Brilliant !!!

oooooor.... there are those of us who recognize that every administration since Teddy Roosevelt have placed the wrong emphasis on ecological conservation. Starting in 1900, Americans have been stomping out forest fires left and right, without consideration that they might have a greater implication on the forest lifecycle. Would anyone build a brick wall to halt migratory paths of all animals? Then why would anyone extinguish every smoldering patch of forest?

The density of forest and amount of debris (read fuel) across the country is alarming. It's amazing any trees are left at all. I for one choose selective logging and restoration rather than allowing thousands of acers to be scorched into oblivion and then spend the next century recovering.

Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:45 am

DC10guy, Your signature has inspired me.  Smile

DC10GUY

Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:49 am

Good point DFW dude... I know Dubya wants to "build a wall " of oil rigs in Alaska that would halt migratory paths of animals.... Which reminds me of reason #14 of "why I'm a liberal" We need to end our addiction to oil .... If Bill Gates made 1 billion in a year and paid 10% tax and I made 100k in a year and paid 40% tax who paid more tax ??? ( hint it ain't Mr.Gates)

jpetekyxmd80

Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:51 am

Bushcheney2004,

Dc10guys signature makes a lot more sense than yours.

"If being liberal is wrong... I don't want to be right..."

This applies to the right wing, or republican. Your new signature doesnt make a whole lot of sense imo.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:53 am

Come on Dc10guy, give a realistic example.  Yeah sure

Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:54 am

JpetekYXMD80, my signature applies to the left wing or democrats.

DC10GUY

Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:55 am

Well Thanks dude !!! I'm flattered. Too bad your on the wrong side !!!

MaverickM11

Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:01 am

"If Bill Gates made 1 billion in a year and paid 10% tax and I made 100k in a year and paid 40% tax who paid more tax ??? ( hint it ain't Mr.Gates)"

OMG you're an idiot. Do you have any clue about the tax system in the US? The more you make the higher percentage you pay. There is NO WAY that Gates would pay 10% and you pay 40% (although with your luminescense it would not surprise me since accountants can barely file tax returns). Gates probably pays more in taxes in one year than you make in a life time.
E pur si muove -Galileo

DC10GUY

Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:19 am

DFW Dude If Bill Gates paid more than 50% tax we wouldn't have the Bush deficit... Rich people don't pay tax ...

NWA742

Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:33 am

Rich people don't pay tax ...

Ok now I've made up my mind, you are not for real.

But if you are, please seek help immediately.

-NWA742

[Edited 2004-08-10 02:46:27]
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:36 am

Do you honestly believe that Gates pays 10% taxes?

DC10GUY

Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:44 am

No .... He Probably pays less I was just using that as an example.

Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:51 am

Less than 10% taxes Dc10guy?

DfwRevolution

Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:59 am

DFW Dude If Bill Gates paid more than 50% tax we wouldn't have the Bush deficit... Rich people don't pay tax

*Sigh.... had you done as I suggested and looked up Mr. Gates' income, the explanation I am going to give would not be necessary. Bill Gates receives no sallary from Microsoft. None, zero, zip, zilch. In theory, you and I have a higher salary than Bill Gates.

In an anti-trust ruling, Bill Gates stepped down as CEO of Microsoft and is now a self-appointed "Software Architect" which carriers no real importance and Gates only leverage over Microsoft are his massive stock options. Taxes are based off income, *not* net worth, and because Gates has no income, he doesn't pay income taxes.

The 40 billion dollars in wealth Bill Gates has is mostly in stocks, it isn't real solid money. His net worth fluctuates with the stock value. As with any stock, taxes only have to be paid when the stocks are sold for a profit. If Bill Gates were to cash all of his stocks out, Uncle Sam would get several billion instantly.

This begs the question, if Bill Gates has no salary and no solid money, what does he live off of? Every time Microsoft pays a dividend of say, 10 cents per share, Gates would make 100 million dollars, which like any other mortal being, he would pay taxes on. This is not an income tax however. Also, Gates has in the past sold enormous sums of Microsoft stock, had Gates held on to every single share of stock he began with, he would be worth 370 billion rather than a paltry 40 billion. The money he saved is in accounts so vast they earn annual 30.25% interest! While these sums of money allow Gates to live very comfortably, they only put him on par with other CEOs in this age.. he pays shareholder taxes on par with theirs.

As for the national debt, if Gates didn't spend a cent of his money accrued from interest, his savings could indeed pay off the national debt. By June 10, 2025 in theory.

Interesting website on this subject-
http://evan.quuxuum.org/bgnw.html#Accumulate

Which reminds me of reason #14 of "why I'm a liberal" We need to end our addiction to oil

Gah... my disagreement with your philosophies is one thing, but no one will take you seriously when you just spit out incomprehensible blurbs of unintellectual bullsh*t.

Try #14- Pursue alternatives to oil. Reasons- economic stability, political leverage over Middle East, ect.

jpetekyxmd80

Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:02 am

JpetekYXMD80, my signature applies to the left wing or democrats.

Er, thank you for pointing that out...
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

Boeing4ever

Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:09 am

#1 reason why I'm a centrist and proud:

Watching idiots like DC10guy and BushCheney2004 going at it with nonsensical arguments, changing the subject when faced with facts and logic, blindly following political parties with little consideration for what they actually stand for, and having only the slightest clue on the real issues.

Trying to interject logic into the lives of those two is like trying to nail Jello to a wall.  Insane

B4e-Forever New Frontiers

DC10GUY

Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:40 am

Oh thank you Boeing 4 ever ... Your wisdom is about a useful as a Bush speech.

JeffM

Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:47 am

"He Probably pays less I was just using that as an example."

No there is no doubt left that this guy is a wacko. None at all.

DC10GUY

Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:55 am

AH Yes JeffM, Thanks for reminding me about reason #15 of why I'm a liberal ...Abortions should stay safe a legal !!!

NWA742

Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:58 am

I think he just reminded everybody that you were a wacko----in which, at this point, could not be more true.

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

MaverickM11

Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:32 pm

"AH Yes JeffM, Thanks for reminding me about reason #15 of why I'm a liberal ...Abortions should stay safe a legal !!!
"
Talking to DC10Guy is like talking to Anna Nicole Smith.....the bobblehead version. I don't think my eyes roll that far, but every time I read one of DC10's pearls of wisdom, I surprise myself....I think I can roll them 180 degrees now.
E pur si muove -Galileo

Boeing4ever

Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:40 pm

Oh thank you Boeing 4 ever ... Your wisdom is about a useful as a Bush speech.

This coming from a man who lacks wisdom completely.

B4e-Forever New Frontiers

dan-air

Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:29 pm

Rich people don't pay tax ...

Ok now I've made up my mind, you are not for real.

But if you are, please seek help immediately.

Apparently you are not paying attention to your boy's stump speech:

Bush also said high taxes on the rich are a failed strategy because "the really rich people figure out how to dodge taxes anyway."

j.mo

Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:02 pm

J.mo, if by pretty lame you mean, makes a lot of sense, then you're pefectly right.

$250,000,000 is a whole heck of a lot more than $5,000.

It was more of a sarcastic comment. Basically, it is a lame argument because it is more or less a "DUH?" statements. If taxes are applied fairly, people that MAKE more, should PAY more.  Insane

Jeremy

Sabena 690

Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:09 pm

Amazing how serious some people take this thread...

@Dc10guy: sorry but several of your statements are quite crappy.

I care about environment and pollution too (and you are right that the plann of Bush to give up the protection of a very big forest is wrong), but... you seem to dislike any regulations.

Let the gays marry, allow weed,...

Allow weed? When I take the bus in the City Centre, I feel sick of all the smoke of weed I smell. Instead of allowing this crap, it should have to be prohibited (as you are giving a wrong signal). Also the 'let the gays marry': ok, but how far do you want to go? Do you want to allow adoption too?
'Don't let hungry starve': ok, but what have the Democrats have done to avoid this, in comparision with the Republicans? Not much more I guess...

This is a world with laws, not with anarchy.

Just like Bush doesn't represent the values of the Republican party, you don't represent the values of the Democratic Party.

MaverickM11

Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:33 am

"If taxes are applied fairly, people that MAKE more, should PAY more"

Taxes are applied UNFAIRLY, people that make more pay EXPONENTIALLY MORE than people who make less.

"Bush also said high taxes on the rich are a failed strategy because "the really rich people figure out how to dodge taxes anyway." "

DUH! If 50% of your income disappears in taxes, wouldn't that make it more worthwhile to try to dodge said taxes than if they were lower? This is why people would rather steal from Cartier, than from the Dollar Store.
E pur si muove -Galileo