galaxy5

French Assault Jewish Students At Aushwitz

Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:23 pm

Angry that one of the students had an Israeli flag around his shoulders, one of the Frenchmen ran toward the group and began cursing and shouting anti-Semitic and anti-Israeli insults.

"He told us to go back to Israel and said that we were stupid and should be ashamed to walk around with an Israeli flag," Maya Ober, 21, a Polish student, told The Jerusalem Post.

Ober, who lost several ancestors at Auschwitz, said that after the initial flurry of slurs, a second Frenchman grabbed her arm.

"One of the guys held me by the arm and wouldn't let go," she said. "I was afraid. I couldn't move and I didn't know what he was going to do."

"I was shocked," she added. "Although I have met anti-Semitism many times, I never expected to meet it at Auschwitz, where so many of my relatives were killed."

Laurence Weinbaum, director research for the World Jewish Congress and resident scholar for the group, said fist fights would have broken out if the two sides hadn't been separated.

"Violence was narrowly averted," he said. "If the two sides hadn't been separated, it would have come to blows."

http://www.nypost.com/news/worldnews/28825.htm

"damn, I didnt know prince could Ball like that" - Charlie Murphy

QIguy24

RE: French Assault Jewish Students At Aushwitz

Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:29 pm

Damn,
What a f*cking moron! Why coulnd't he just leave them alone. People like him gives France a bad look around the world. And people like him are the reason why Sharon want's every jews person to leave France.

airplay

Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:04 pm

Although I don't think the subject story is false, we need to consider the source. Reporting of Andy Geller of the New York Post, has been described as "problematic" because of his sensationalistic style.

http://www.afsp.org/education/recommendations/3/22.html

Furthermore, he has written for the ADL (Anti-Defamation League). In one such article he refers to former President Clinton as "Bubba".

So...I think the real truth is probably a little different than Mr. Geller reports.

Klaus

Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:09 pm

This story sounds rather strange. I hope there were enough witnesses (if it happened at all) to give a clearer view of the situation than that tabloid did.

gkirk

Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:10 pm

One bad egg in a basket doesnt mean there all bad. Not all Frenchies think or act like this (I hope).
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

QIguy24

Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:15 pm

When I come to think of it, Why hasn't this story been mentioned in any other newspaper here in Europe if it was that bad?

galaxy5

Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:19 pm

I don't know why its not in the European media, i say it on CNN, FOX and on the e-net.

Schoenorama

Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:25 pm

First of all, one can hardly label the critisizing of wearing an Israelian flag as anti-semitism ("He told us to go back to Israel and said that we were stupid and should be ashamed to walk around with an Israeli flag,"). There are certain things which are simply 'not done' as the British put it. Wearing a hat or even shorts in church is such a thing and one can also argue wether wearing a national flag in a model gas-chamber in Auschwitz is appropiate.

Secondly, it isn't very clear these people were actually French. The fact that they spoke french doesn't mean they are French (at least the Chicago Sun Times does seem to make this subtle distinction in their article http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-jewish10.html).

Thirdly, the lack of any information on these 3 alleged 'anti-semites' doesn't give the whole article much credibility. Perhaps these people were Jewish as well.

Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!

galaxy5

Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:29 pm

this is pretty nice as well.
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/08/10/france.cemetery.ap/index.html
LYON, France (AP) -- Vandals scrawled anti-Semitic graffiti on dozens of tombstones in Lyon overnight, authorities said Tuesday, the third time a Jewish cemetery has been desecrated this year.

Swastikas and inscriptions with Adolf Hitler's name were painted on headstones in de la Mouche cemetery in this southern French city, the same burial site that was desecrated by skinheads in 1992.

gkirk

Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:30 pm

You have a point Schoenorama
Secondly, it isn't very clear these people were actually French. The fact that they spoke french doesn't mean they are French
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

QIguy24

Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:35 pm

Why do I have a feeling that this will end up beeing a France bashing thread?
Specially with the second post from Galaxy?
Should we start looking up all the anti semitism that goes one over in the US?

jasepl

Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:45 pm

First of all, one can hardly label the critisizing of wearing an Israelian flag as anti-semitism.

The media often recklessly don't bother to consider that anti-Israel does not equal anti-Semite.

There are certain things which are simply 'not done' as the British put it.

LOL! Another term mesning the same thing is "It's just not cricket"!

Alpha 1

Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:50 pm

Galaxy5, you'd make a good headline writer for a rag magazine. Your headline makes it sounds like the entire nation of France assulted this student.

But then again, with your hatred of the French, because they don't kiss someone's ass, I'm not surprised.

Because that's what Galaxy5 wants. Because he's the living example of "The Ugly American."

Schoenorama

Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:55 pm

"ADL Concerned About Spate of Anti-Semitic Incidents in New Hampshire - Boston, MA, June 15, 2004" http://www.adl.org/PresRele/ASUS_12/4512_12.htm

"ADL Urges Senator Hollings to Disavow Statements on Jews and the Iraq War - New York, NY, May 14, 2004 http://www.adl.org/PresRele/ASUS_12/4496_12.htm

"Farrakhan Makes Anti-Semitic Speech - 4 december 2003" http://www.adl.org/Anti_semitism/sp_f.asp

"Family stung by anti-Semitism. She and her husband Greg Baer, 42, discovered the mustard markings on one of their three vehicles in their Pond Street driveway last Tuesday morning. Jamie Baer's son, who is Greg's stepson, attends Franklin High School with the threesuspects, they said." - August 3, 2004 http://www.milforddailynews.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=53080

"Local leaders reflect on reasoning behind the recent rash of anti-Semitic graffiti found in East Windsor [NJ]", July 30, 2004 http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=12545897&BRD=1091&PAG=461&dept_id=425728&rfi=6

...and those are only the most recent ones.

See Galaxy, this happens also in your own country but Faux News simply doesn't tell you. I wonder why...

sebolino

Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:20 pm

After having used and abused of the false last month anti-semitic attack in the RER, Galaxy5 strikes back to prove how nazis and evil the French are ...

Scorpio

Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:22 pm

Because that's his agenda, and anything, and I mean ANYthing, that can help him in that will do. Remember the thread he started on the 'French' spitting at Lance Armstrong in the TDF?

QIguy24

RE: French Assault Jewish Students At Auschwitz

Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:25 pm

I think it's funny that only Jewish cemetery was mentioned in the last one article. The exactly same thing happened to Muslim cemeteries as well. But why doesn't any of galaxy's news that mention this?

jasepl

Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:42 pm

Sebolino, Scorpio etc... What's the point? On s'habitue...

And its "Auschwitz".

[Edited 2004-08-10 15:45:00]

rjpieces

Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:48 pm

First of all, one can hardly label the criticizing of wearing an Israelian flag as anti-semitism ("He told us to go back to Israel and said that we were stupid and should be ashamed to walk around with an Israeli flag,"). There are certain things which are simply 'not done' as the British put it. Wearing a hat or even shorts in church is such a thing and one can also argue wether wearing a national flag in a model gas-chamber in Auschwitz is appropiate.

There is a difference between criticizing somebody for displaying a flag at an inappropriate time and screaming antiJewish insults at someone. Even you can see that? It seems to me that these people weren't criticizing a person wearing a flag; they were criticizing a person wearing the flag of the Jewish state.

Frankly, if I were visiting Auschwitz, I could think of no better tribute to the Jews who died there then wearing an Israeli flag.

If you truly feel that the French people were simply criticizing the Jewish students for wearing a flag, then fine. But I think that it's a stretch for anyone to believe.

Thirdly, the lack of any information on these 3 alleged 'anti-semites' doesn't give the whole article much credibility. Perhaps these people were Jewish as well

If they were Jewish, why would they be screaming anti-Jewish insults at the group of students? I suppose we can make a thousand "What if" arguments.

Because that's what Galaxy5 wants. Because he's the living example of "The Ugly American."

Alpha, don't call yourself a centrist when you are a flaming liberal. And don't call anyone an "Ugly American" when you are far worse.
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

david b.

Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:55 pm

Scorpio, it is true. You noticed how all the anti-French threads were started by this person? For the last 3 weeks or so he has done nothing but bash France. Why? Because French did not kiss Bush's ass. That is why. Alpha is correct that Galaxy5 is the stereotypical "ugly American".
Teenage-know-it-alls should be shot on sight

Alpha 1

Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:56 pm

Alpha, don't call yourself a centrist when you are a flaming liberal. And don't call anyone an "Ugly American" when you are far worse.

Laugh out loud Stick it in your ear. You don't see me going around, starting anti-French, anti-foreigner threads like Galaxy 5 all the time.

And since when, my friend, is critisizing someone who is obviously trying to start a flamewar against the French, a sign of any political leanings? What a crock of shit that is.

Thanks for the laugh, and making yourself look really foolish. I guess I have to add you to tha list of right-wing nutjobs on the fourm. Welcome to the club.

sebolino

Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:06 pm

Rjpieces,

First of all, I don't see any mention of that story on CNN or yahoo.

And more important, I'm really tired of being suspected all the time of anti-something because I'm French. And that's precisely what Galaxy5 tries to do.
His personal hatred against French is his own problem, I don't care. But like it seems the new trend, every isolated anti-semitic act occuring in France or involving a French is showed like a major terrorist attack backed by the governement. Hey guys, come on, back on earth !!
Anti-semitism is not new and is not French, it happens everywhere, even in Israel !

Klaus

Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:11 pm

I´m beginning to get interested in what exactly Galaxy5 is so insecure about. Such an unhealthy fixation on an imaginary enemy is bound to have at least a cause, if no reason...  Wink/being sarcastic

rjpieces

Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:13 pm

Stick it in your ear. You don't see me going around, starting anti-French, anti-foreigner threads like Galaxy 5 all the time.

And what exactly is wrong with him having anti-France feelings? Heck, not too long ago many restaurants were dumping French wine into the streets. It wasn't just Galaxy 5, I would wager that a majority of Americans felt/feel hostility to France. I'm not saying this is good or bad but it does exist. Perhaps all Americans are dumb, as Michael Moore so eloquently argues? (sarcasm)

And btw, he only posted an article. If a certain group of members hadn't responded first, this thread could have easily turned into a Middle East debate. He simply posted an article and then said he saw it on CNN and Fox News; the whole discussion about anti-French attitudes has been started and instigated by other members. Meanwhile, the article at hand, is being ignored.

And since when, my friend, is critisizing someone who is obviously trying to start a flamewar against the French, a sign of any political leanings? What a crock of shit that is.

I didn't mean you are a flaming liberal from this thread alone; it comes after months of reading your views...

Thanks for the laugh, and making yourself look really foolish. I guess I have to add you to tha list of right-wing nutjobs on the fourm. Welcome to the club.

I'm insulted that I wasn't on it already  Smile

[Edited 2004-08-10 16:19:18]
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

Klaus

Rjpieces

Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:18 pm

Rjpieces: And what exactly is wrong with him having anti-France feelings?

Let me rephrase that:

"And what exactly is wrong with him having anti-USA feelings?"
"And what exactly is wrong with him having anti-Israel feelings?"
"And what exactly is wrong with him having anti-Canada feelings?"

And so on and so on...

A sufficiently narrow mind will always find a way to blame any group of people for anything, regardless of their individual involvement or lack thereof. In the end, it will always fall back on the one who´s propagating this idiotic nonsense.  Nuts

Alpha 1

Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:18 pm

And what exactly is wrong with him having anti-France feelings? Heck, not too long ago many restaurants were dumping French wine into the streets.

If you have to ask what's wrong with it, you're lost from the outset. And all that anti-French nonsense, was just that-nonsense. Like it did anything to France-all it did is hurt people living over here trying to make a living. It was the "ugly American", en masse, and you seem to have no problem with it, apparently.

I would wager that a majority of Americans felt/feel hostility to France.

Then the majority of Americans, on this issue, are freaking idiots.

And btw, he only posted an article.

One among many, where he tries to start anti-French feeling. And, as you said in the thread you just started, the French have been a great help in the war on terror, so why try this shit?

I'm insulted that I wasn't on it already.

Well, you're on that sad list now, so enjoy it there. It's not meant as any compliment.

JetService

Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:30 pm

Schoenorama, I hope you looked for those stories with the news agencies before you make any claims. In reading them, it wouldn't surprise me if Fox, CNN, MSNBC, etc didn't report those, because those events seem more like local events, but you try to pretend like they're all hiding something. Trust me, Fox News would have no problem reporting anti-Semetism in the US; just ask anyone who watches them or hates them. You are just as bad at twisting. In fact, I find it funny that you folks can't stand each other, but you're just like each other. Who doesn't post anecdotal stories to make a larger point? Nearly every single finge-setter here does that. SSDD-Same shit, different direction. Also, if you're so insistent that the actions of these idiots don't represent the French population (which I agree with), then why are you so intent on telling us 'they might not be French'. So what if they are; who cares what they are. It doesn't excuse their actions. As for saying maybe the idiots took exception to wearing the flag as 'improper'. What a lame excuse. They were visiting a historical site for God's sake. Why are you defending them? Because maybe deep down YOU think it represents all French people? Don't worry, it doesn't.
"Shaddap you!"

ly7e7

Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:07 am

Nothing (not even slightly related) like that was published in Israeli media. NYPost and Sun are the last resources I'd quote. What was mentioned this week is another blatant racist attack on a Jewish cemetery in France:

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=worldNews&storyID=5925089

Shoenerama:
Wearing Israeli flag in Auschwitz (or for the same point in any other Holocaust related site) is absolutely legitimate. Do not forget that my country is here partially because the Holocaust had happened and also to prevent another one.

And what exactly is wrong with him having anti-France feelings? Heck, not too long ago many restaurants were dumping French wine into the streets.

Absolutely nothing. Next time I visit a site where millions of French were killed because they were French and see a tricolour I'll shout and curse.
2 things are endless: ignorance and space

pacificjourney

Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:12 am

We should all recall that it was galaxy5 who got a chubby over the story from the Paris Metro 2 weeks ago, you know the one about the gang beating up the "Jewish" woman and no one helping.

Well that tale turned out to be total shit and no retraction from you know who. As ever G5 shits and then doesn't flush !

My money's on this going the same way.
" Help, help ... I'm being oppressed ... "

galaxy5

Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:30 am

Pacificjourney
From Japan, joined Jul 2001, 1980 posts, RR: 10
Reply: 28
Posted Tue Aug 10 2004 17:12:41 UTC+1 and read 35 times:
We should all recall that it was galaxy5 who got a chubby over the story from the Paris Metro 2 weeks ago, you know the one about the gang beating up the "Jewish" woman and no one helping.

Well that tale turned out to be total shit and no retraction from you know who. As ever G5 shits and then doesn't flush !

Then you would recall wrong, here's an Idea, go find that post, and show were i got a "chubby". You're way wrong, as matter of fact i think i posted that it was terrible nobody did anything to help her if it were true, i don't even recall if the article mentioned it was a "jewish" woman. And then i stated that the same occurs in the USA, were people just standby an not help. You're just making crap up now. I dare you, find the string and show us.

NWA742

Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:43 am

What idiots, they should be punished to the fullest extent possible.

--------------------------------------------------

Pacificjourney,

All Galaxy5 did was post the article about the woman, it's not his fault that it turned out to be false, and I never saw him "get a chubby" over it either.

Maybe if you focused on the subject rather than ignorantly attack the user who posted it, you wouldn't look like an ass like you do now.

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

ly7e7

Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:45 am

Russophile:

Jews like to bitch exactly as all Russians enjoy drinking shitty vodka until they puke on themselves. Your post is so f*cking anti-semitic that I had no other choice as to suggest deletion.

[Edited 2004-08-10 18:47:28]

ly7e7

Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:50 am

Klaus:
In the end, it will always fall back on the one who´s propagating this idiotic nonsense.

Unfortunately history had showed us otherwise on numerous occasions.

galaxy5

Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:59 am

NWA742

Pacificjourney,

All Galaxy5 did was post the article about the woman, it's not his fault that it turned out to be false, and I never saw him "get a chubby" over it either.

Maybe if you focused on the subject rather than ignorantly attack the user who posted it, you wouldn't look like an ass like you do now.

-NWA742 Thanx , and whats even funnier, i didn't even post that article he is refering to, i did however place a comment to the thread.

Schoenorama

Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:12 am

RJPieces:

"There is a difference between criticizing somebody for displaying a flag at an inappropriate time and screaming antiJewish insults at someone. Even you can see that?"

What's so anti-jewish about "He told us to go back to Israel and said that we were stupid and should be ashamed to walk around with an Israeli flag"? If I see a British tourist walking around my hometown church dressed as the typical tourist (shorts and Man. United T-shirt carrying the Union Jack) I'd probably say something very similar, but that doesn't mean I'm being 'anti-British'. The fact that of the two parties involved in the above incident, one was Jewish, does not automatically mean this was another anti-semite incident. The complete lack of any further information on these alleged 3 'anti-semites' or what exactly happened should make us extremely cautious when reporting these kinds of events, specially bearing in mind the recent 'train-incident' in France.

"It seems to me that these people weren't criticizing a person wearing a flag; they were criticizing a person wearing the flag of the Jewish state. "

It SEEMS to you, but how can you tell with the little information provided in the article?

"Frankly, if I were visiting Auschwitz, I could think of no better tribute to the Jews who died there then wearing an Israeli flag."

Even inside a gas-chamber????

"If you truly feel that the French people were simply criticizing the Jewish students for wearing a flag, then fine."

How do you know they were French???

"If they were Jewish, why would they be screaming anti-Jewish insults at the group of students?"

Many people tend to take any criticism as anti-semite when the receiver of such criticism happens to be Jewish. Possibly, and the lack of information points into this direction, the group of students also interpreted the criticism as anti-Jewish and therefore ruled out their 'attackers' being Jewish. And the only anti-Jewish insults they've apparently been 'screaming' is the one quoted above, and for which I certainly would like to know the full context before being able to judge this whole thing. People are jumping to conclusions here; 'french speaking' suddenly becomes 'French' or even 'French Idiots', and '3 male tourists' are converted into 'a gang'.

JetService:

"Schoenorama, I hope you looked for those stories with the news agencies before you make any claims. In reading them, it wouldn't surprise me if Fox, CNN, MSNBC, etc didn't report those, because those events seem more like local events, but you try to pretend like they're all hiding something."

Actually, I'm accusing a particular poster on this forum of hiding things. And yes, I did do a news-search on similar stories in the US and none of them appeared on Faux News.

"You are just as bad at twisting."

Exactly WHAT I am twisting?

" In fact, I find it funny that you folks can't stand each other, but you're just like each other."

????? Who are you talking about ??????

"Who doesn't post anecdotal stories to make a larger point?"

When doing so, one should at least post credible anecdotal stories!!! Look at the news-sites reporting this alleged incident and the 'jumping-to-conclusions' I mentioned above.

"Also, if you're so insistent that the actions of these idiots don't represent the French population (which I agree with), then why are you so intent on telling us 'they might not be French'."

Because the entire article, in all it's versions available as I write this, lacks a great deal of information and context. That's perhaps the reason why none of the big news outlets have reported this.

"So what if they are; who cares what they are."

If they are not French than many of these articles are factually wrong as well as this thread! You might have gotten accostumed to being lied at in such a gross manner, but I am not!

"It doesn't excuse their actions."

If a news-outlet's definition of journalistic objectivity allows converting French-speaking into French or even French Idiots, then I sincerely question the credibility of the article itself. A completely lack of information on the full context of the alleged incident, on the 'perpetrators', their nationalilty, and their side of the story, makes me question the source rather than the alleged incident itself.

"They were visiting a historical site for God's sake. Why are you defending them?"

I am not defending them, the only thing I am doing is not accusing them! There's a HUGE difference. With the information available and the twisting done by certain media, I'd simply like some more info on the whole incident before jumping to conclusions, like you are doing.

"Because maybe deep down YOU think it represents all French people? Don't worry, it doesn't."

What a load of BS, JetService!

LY7E7:

"Wearing Israeli flag in Auschwitz (or for the same point in any other Holocaust related site) is absolutely legitimate. Do not forget that my country is here partially because the Holocaust had happened and also to prevent another one. "

The Auschwitz site seems to be down, so I can't check whether it is legitimate or not.
I still believe taking any flag inside a gas-chamber is unappropiate as I also believe taking pictures inside isn't appropiate. Can't check whether this is allowed or not but have come across a couple of pictures people have taken. Other similar museums, like the Anne Frank's House in Amsterdam, strictly forbid this.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Something completely different I've just come accross. Look at this rather misplaced advertising-slogan for a Travel-site:

"99 things to do before you die: Visit a Former Concentration Camp"

http://media.travel.discovery.com/ideas/culture_attractions/101/histcult/2.html

JetService

Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:34 am

And yes, I did do a news-search on similar stories in the US and none of them appeared on Faux News.

Schoenorama, you're making such a big issue of the credibility of the article. Why does it concern you so much? Either you think the article reflects the people of France, and that is why you are working so feverishly to refute it, or you're concerned about the reputation of the dirtbags its making accusations against. Do you know them or something?
"Shaddap you!"

luisca

Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:43 am

This is the ussual jewish propaganda. One day, not very far away, the world is going to get sick of the continious Wolf Criying by the Jewish and Turn their back on them. Then their will be real trouble. Just look at a recent report that said that Anti Semitism was on the rise in most of the world, mainly Europe. Here in Latin America you here every single day poeple with anti Israeli (not anti Semitic) thoughts, most people today in LA favor just that everybody back out of the conflict and let the Israelis and Palestinians fight themselves to death.
If it ain't Boeing (or Embraer ;-)) I ain't Going!

slider

Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:09 am

Forget this one singular incident: I'm most concerned about the growing tide of anti-semitism in Europe, notably France and where it will lead.

It's frightening to see world leaders ignoring these very stark warning signs and where they might lead.

When Arabs are safer in America than Jews are in Europe, that's problematic.

QIguy24

Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:14 am

Slider

What planet are you from??????
The Jews aren't iin life danger here. Damn! There is a bigger chance that I will get my ass kicked then a jew will get his ass kicked. So cut that nonsense. US aint so holy either if you think so.

ushermittwoch

Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:30 am

I am glad that Slider thinks it's better for Arabs to be threatened in the US, than Jews in Europe.
Wow!

Anyway, I am sure that this incident did not happen, or at least in NO WAY as described in the article that G5 posted.

And for the rise of Anti-Semitism in Europe, well, I must be really blind because I have not noticed anything. And in the towns that I visit, I'd even say that the swastika smearings around town have gone back a lot over the last 5-6 years.

But I guess anything is okay to shed some pity on the Jews, while Israel is shamelessly breaking international law and attacking innocent countries...

P.S.: It always helps to spell things right, if you are trying to make a point!
Where have all the tri-jets gone...

NoUFO

Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:36 am

At first I didn't even think of responding to this thread. Now, on second thoughts, I am so offended by some posts I have to admit that there is one good thing in this thread: It shows how alive anti-semitic feelings are. "The usual jewish propaganda", "Jews like to bitch and complain". My a$$. Truly an eye-opener.
Even Schoenorama disappoints me.

And I'm really feeling sorry for LY7E7.

[Edited 2004-08-10 20:48:42]
I support the right to arm bears

slider

Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:38 am

Did I claim or imply the US was perfect?

Interesting to see you turn it around....I wasn't impugning all of Europe, nor absolving the US of any misdeeds.

But why is there such anti-Semitism? Anyone care to ask that question and think about it critically? Hmmm? Anyone?

luisca

Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:42 am

WHY do Jews always call Anti Semitism whenever someone expreses something against them, even if it is true.

they are breaking International laws every single day, yet if a world leader calls it out, he is called anti jew. Maybe it is time for the world to turn its back on both palestine and israel and let them fix this problem by themselves. But when it gets ugly dont come calling on the world for help.

[Edited 2004-08-10 20:50:27]

jasepl

Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:52 am

The same way Americans always call Anti-Americanism whenever someone expresses something against them, even if its true.

By the way, what is Anti-Americanism? I never quite managed to understand the concept.

QIguy24

Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:55 am

Slider,

I wasn't impugning all of Europe

Then say so, You said Europe, and by Europe that means all european countries. Big grin

Do you remember those young jews that was being cought having a toygun and made alot of noice onboard a flight in central america several months ago? They didn't even listen to what the F/A's said. When they landed they were taken care of by the police. What do you think the jews said? It was antisemitism..

luisca

Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:01 am

QIguy24

That was in a Copa flight to Panama. They were extridated to Israel and are free, no charges in Israel.

Schoenorama

Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:01 am

JetService:

"Schoenorama, you're making such a big issue of the credibility of the article. Why does it concern you so much? "

Because the article lacks any form of basic objectivity and other journalistic standards:

• 1. French Speaking is converted into French

• 2. Only one source of information is provided, the group of students describing their particular perception of what happened. We don't know who these men were, where they were from, let alone their side of the story. A confirmation of the incident by the management of the Auschwitz Museum is not provided by any of the 'journalists' involved nor do any of them indicate having tried to obtain more info on these 3 men.

• Taking into account these two points, one can assess that Objectivity, Source Checking and Double Checking as well as Factual Reporting were not practised by any of the 'journalists' involved when writing this article.

And if that isn't enough, the writer of the original Jerusalem Post article allows one of the students to make a pretty unsubstantiated and hard remark: "This was another reminder that in Western Europe there is sympathy for dead Jews; it's just the live ones that they cannot tolerate." Luckily, despite the severly low quality-level of the other media outlets that reported this 'news', they did not include this particular remark.

"Either you think the article reflects the people of France, and that is why you are working so feverishly to refute it, or you're concerned about the reputation of the dirtbags its making accusations against. Do you know them or something?"

No, I don't know them and so does nobody else!!! That's my whole point. You, Galaxy5, the writer of this article and a handfull of news-outlets are taking for granted not only that this happened the way the students say it happened, you're also convinced these people were French, when there is absolutely nothing which backs this up!!! One article says they were French, another one says they were French-speaking while the original article says one of the students spoke to the men in French !!! That must be some kind of record; 5 media-outlets and 3 (THREE) different versions ! Wow!

phxairfan

Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:09 am

"WHY do Jews always call Anti Semitism whenever someone expresses something against them, even if it is true."

Because Anti Semitism mean Anti Jew. So if you are expressing something against Jews, such as "The usual Jewish propaganda". That my friend is Anti Sematism. A dictionary could have cleared that one up for you.

ushermittwoch

Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:15 am

Phx, that's not what he meant and you know it.
    It's that a lot of Jews always play the anti-Semitism card, when it's clearly not appropriate. It's just used as an excuse to get away with their own wrongdoing, a prime example is given in this thread with the COPA incident.
    Where have all the tri-jets gone...

luisca

Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:15 am

Phxairfan

Unless you have the brain the size of a peanut, you know perfectly well what I am talking about, you know that I am refering to the fact that when people state things like: the FACT that Israel is violating International Laws everyday, the FACT that Many Jewish justify wrongdoing by saying that the accuser is anti semite, etc.

When people are calling on your wrongdoings that is criticism, not hate.
    I would love to see some prominent political figure say that Israel should tear down the wall, he would be called anti semite in 2 minutes.