HI, many times we hear the president of the COI saying "these have been the best games ever" and things like that, but what about the opening and closures?
After seen the wonderful opening ceremony of Athens 2004, and having in mind all the Olympics since Los Angeles 84, I can think in 2 categories for the opening ceremony:
A. The ceremony itself, plus the closure ceremony
B. The fire lighting, a show by itself
My ranking A - The Ceremony
1. Athens 04 - Moving, beautiful, History, heritage
2. Barcelona 92 - Art, color, design, Gaudi
3. Los Angeles 84 - Technology, surprise.
4. Sydney 00 - Nature, colors, modern
5. Seoul 88 - Exotic, asia
6. Atlanta 96 - superbowl
My Ranking B - Olympic Fire
1. Sydney 00 - I'm still amazed!
2. Barcelona 92 - after being in Barcelona and watch the tiny size of that torch, you admire even more that guy and the arrow
3. Athens 04 - Beautiful
4. Seoul 88 / Los Angeles 84 - The climbing guys and the rings of fire...
6. Atlanta 96 - absolutely disappointing, remember that lazy rocket?
7. Moscow 80 - this one I remember
What's your own ranking? Do you remember more ceremonies?
in order: 721,146,732,763,722,343,733,320,772,319,752,321,88,83,744,332,100,738, 333, 318, 77W, 78, 773, 380, 73G, 788, 789, 346