rsmith6621a

Bush Bumblings Spell Trouble

Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:10 pm

Did You Ever Think Freedom Could Be this Bad

DeltaGuy

RE: Bush Bumblings Spell Trouble

Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:18 pm

Hey Randy, here's an idea...how bout cutting your useless, crappy, short, uninformed posts down to perhaps once a week? Then I'd only have to avoid 1 thread instead of 7.

Signed,
90% of A.net
"The cockpit, what is it?" "It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilot sits, but that's not importan

DLKAPA

Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:22 pm

Signed,
90% of A.net

Which doesn't include me.

At least us Dems back up our arguments with informed arguments Big grin
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

rsmith6621a

Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:27 pm

DeltaGuy.....

Why do you blame me......when if you took responsibility for your own actions you would just look the other way and not respond besides I wasnt aware you were paying for the bandwidth around here.

Sorry you cant see the TRUTH

Signed
10% of Aneters

I guess the Bush/RWAK have nothing to defend there puppet....ops....I meant guy.

rsmith6621a

Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:28 pm

Welcome Back Eric

itsjustme

Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:45 pm

Hey Randy, here's an idea...how bout cutting your useless, crappy, short, uninformed posts down to perhaps once a week? Then I'd only have to avoid 1 thread instead of 7.

I don't get the relevancy this statement has to the fact that our current and, hopefully, soon to be former president is an embarrassment to the title "Commander In Chief". The one time he's been called on to act like a Commander In Chief is expected to act, he responds like a deer caught in headlights and sits motionless for 7 minutes. Yeah, that's the guy I want at the helm when we have minutes to react to a nuclear, er, I mean nuuuclar attack.

DLKAPA

Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:48 pm

It's pronounced "New-Kyew-luhr"
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

L-188

Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:54 pm

Ha, not in this case.

Intervention Magazine as a source....give us a break!

OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

itsjustme

Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:02 pm

It's pronounced "New-Kyew-luhr"

Dammit. I'll get it right one of these times. You probably don't believe that, though. I keep being misunderestimated.

All for now. I have to go shake the hand of a brave Iraqi citizen who had his hand cut off by Saddam Hussein.

Mir

Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:08 pm

Problem is, you don't need a source to know that Bush's public speaking problems are not making him look good, and that his reactions on 9/11 (sitting there) are not exactly ideal in that kind of situation. It's pretty much common knowledge, unless you've been hiding under some kind of conservative rock.

Poor public speaking skills and freezing when something important is going on are not uncommon traits. But the White House is not the place for them. The president of the United States (aka the most powerful person in the world) does not need to be heard saying that he never stops thinking of ways to harm the country. Nor does he need to be heard fumbling question after question at a press conference.

To be fair, Kerry isn't exactly a top flight speaker either, but he's worlds better than Bush.
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

DeskPilot

Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:00 pm

Politics aside.........

Bill Clinton gave a number of interviews on Australian TV last month. Australian TV journalists (e.g. Kerry O'Brien and Andrew Denton) don't pussy foot around with policiticians - Australian or overseas.

Most Australians who I spoke to that had seen the interviews were impressed with Bill's abilities. This guy is articulate, and gives a good account of his time in office plus goings on in the world at the time.

Now, I don't know if GWB has done any interviews like this, but based on his press conferences, I think he'd make a "dog's breakfast" of it. Is this guy hopeless or just nervous ?
By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

airplay

Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:15 pm

Although this particular source spins the story in an "anti-Bush" manner, the facts remain. You can research it yourself L-188 and you will find that this particular Bush quote is accurate and the jist of the article rings true: GWB is a pathetic public speaker, and the less he talks and the more he avoids unscripted speeches, the better the GOP will look.

Alpha 1

Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:22 pm

Give DeltaGuy a break, people. He's just doing in reflex what come naturally to Republicans-killing the messenger, if he dares to critisize Bush. RWAK's motis operandi, folks. Woof Woof.

“It’s no wonder the president avoids press conferences like the plague. Take away his cue cards and he can barely talk. Americans should be embarrassed that an Arab king (Abdullah of Jordan) spoke more fluently and articulately in English than our own president at their joint press conference recently.”

Whatever one claims about this souce (L-188, Mr, "I'm not a Republican"), this is a striking quote. And it's the God's truth. Abdullah has a better command of the English language than our current president. That's pathetic.

jasepl

Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:30 pm

Abdullah has a better command of the English language than our current president.

English? Is that what Georgie's supposed to have been speaking? I'd never have guessed. Should pay more attention from now on...

JGPH1A

Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:30 pm

Re: Abdullah has a better command of the English language than our current president

Didn't King (then Prince) Abdullah go to Oxford ? Whereas GWB went to *muffled snigger* Yale - ahhh, clarity dawns.  Smile
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

B2707SST

Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:57 am

Well, the Kerry campaign can't seem to keep their man separate from former Sen. Bob Kerrey (D-NE):

John Kerry is an Experienced Leader in the Intelligence Field - - John Kerry served on the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence for 6 years and is the former Vice Chairman of the Committee.

From a DNC "Fact Check," http://releases.usnewswire.com/printing.asp?id=146-08062004

Since joining the Senate in 2000, Zell Miller and John Kerry have supported the exact same funding levels for America's Intelligence agencies. John Kerry served on the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence for 6 years and is the former Vice Chairman of the Committee.

Press release slamming Zell Miller: http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=134-03242004

Kerry is an Experienced Leader in the Intelligence Field – John Kerry served on the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence [and] is the former Vice Chairman of the Committee.

DNC press release: http://216.239.57.104/search?q=cache:ujolPRS0KrIJ:www.johnkerry.com/pressroom/releases/pr_2004_0129f.html+&hl=en

Turns out that Kerry was never held a leadership role on the committee:

John Kerry, Bob Kerrey. It's easy to get confused. At least that's how the Kerry campaign is explaining claims that Kerry -- the Democratic presidential candidate -- served as vice chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.

Oops. Make that Bob Kerrey -- the former Democratic senator from Nebraska who did serve as the panel's vice chairman.

In news releases and postings on Kerry's campaign Web site as recently as last Friday, the Massachusetts senator is touted as the panel's former vice chairman. However, according to the Senate Historical Office, Kerry never had the seniority to hold a leadership position on the committee -- though he was a member from 1993 until 2001.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2004/08/17/politics1657EDT0645.DTL

First, Kerry's Christmas-in-Cambodia escapade unravels, now the campaign can't get their own candidate's name right. Sloppy, sloppy...

--B2707SST
Keynes is dead and we are living in his long run.

dan-air

Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:53 am

First, Kerry's Christmas-in-Cambodia escapade unravels, now the campaign can't get their own candidate's name right. Sloppy, sloppy...

Hmm...where did Bush, Cheney, Ashcroft, Delay, Lott & Hastert spend Christmas of 1968? Here's a clue - their yellow butts weren't anywhere near Cambodia!

EA CO AS

Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:01 am

Hmm...where did Bush, Cheney, Ashcroft, Delay, Lott & Hastert spend Christmas of 1968? Here's a clue - their yellow butts weren't anywhere near Cambodia!

And your point is......?  Insane
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

dan-air

Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:06 am

And your point is......?

Do I have to draw you a picture?

John Kerry volunteered to fight in Vietnam, served two tours and was awarded 3 purple hearts, silver and bronze stars.

George Bush was a cheerleader.

Any questions?

EA CO AS

Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:16 am

Any questions?

Just one - if a lack of military service should disqualify someone from being President, why was Bill Clinton even nominated by his party, let alone elected twice?

Just pointing out that your point is completely irrelevant. Have a nice day.  Big grin
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

QIguy24

Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:26 am

Just one - if a lack of military service should disqualify someone from being President, why was Bill Clinton even nominated by his party, let alone elected twice?

Just pointing out that your point is completely irrelevant. Have a nice day

I actually agree about this point. I thought a job as a President and the worlds most powerful man was about skills and knowledge. And not about what you did 30 years ago. If I was to vote in the US I wouldn't give a shit about what they did 30 years ago. I would vote for the man who had the best knoowledge about international and national politics.

dan-air

Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:46 am

Just pointing out that your point is completely irrelevant.

What I originally responded to:

First, Kerry's Christmas-in-Cambodia escapade unravels.

Perhaps you should pay more attention in class.

Aaron747

Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:07 am

Why do these threads remain open?

I can just picture all of the malcontented ideologue participants in this pissing contest frothing at the mouth each waking morning in anticipation of their daily a.net jousting session. Sad.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

B2707SST

Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:29 am

Perhaps you should pay more attention in class.

Perhaps you should read the article:

Separately, according to [campaign spokesman] Meehan's statement, Kerry crossed into Cambodia on a covert mission to drop off special operations forces. In an interview, Meehan said there was no paperwork for such missions and he could not supply a date. That makes it hard to ascertain or confirm what happened. Kerry served on two swift boats, the No. 44 in December 1968 and January 1969, and the No. 94, from February to March 1969.

Michael Medeiros, who served aboard the No. 94 with Kerry and appeared with him at the Democratic National Convention, vividly recalled an occasion on which Kerry and the crew chased an enemy to the Cambodian border but did not go beyond the border. Yet Medeiros said he could not recall dropping off special forces in Cambodia or going inside Cambodia with Kerry.

Or another article: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2002005720_cambodia15.html

The Kerry campaign has since said that the presidential candidate's recollection was imprecise — that his runs into Cambodia came in the early months of 1969.

Imprecise? Imprecise? This is supposed to be the searing, pivotal moment of Kerry's political life: sitting in a gunboat across the border on Christmas Eve, listening to the (wrong) president say there are no troops in Cambodia. But now he can't even recall which day it was, his own colleagues don't recall the incident, his campaign can't find any evidence to back him up, and his commanding officers deny he was ever there.

“I am saddened by the fact that Vietnam has yet again been inserted into the campaign, and that it has been inserted in what I feel to be the worst possible way… What saddens me most is that Democrats, above all those who shared the agonies of that generation, should now be re-fighting the many conflicts of Vietnam in order to win the current political conflict of a presidential primary.” -- John Kerry to Presidential candidate Bob Kerrey (D-NE), defending Clinton's record in Vietnam, Feb. 27, 1992

“You and I know that if service or non-service in the war is to become a test of qualification for high office, you would not have a vice president, nor would you have a secretary of defense, and our nation would never recover from the divisions created by that war.” -- John Kerry to President Bush, defending Clinton's record in Vietnam, Oct. 1992

--B2707SST

[Edited 2004-08-18 20:31:27]
Keynes is dead and we are living in his long run.

Aaron747

Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:47 am

You should be glad I'm not your boss.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

EA CO AS

Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:51 am

You should be glad I'm not your boss.

Duly noted.  Insane

Why do these threads remain open?

I can just picture all of the malcontented ideologue participants in this pissing contest frothing at the mouth each waking morning in anticipation of their daily a.net jousting session. Sad.

Aaron, the thread title clearly gives the indication that this is a political thread, and if you have a problem with them my suggestion is that you stop reading them and move on to something that interests you more.

Just because they're of no worth to you doesn't mean the thread needs to be closed.

Aaron747

Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:04 am

Spare me the eye rolling.

A case could easily be made for lost productivity in this country on the basis of ideologues trolling their so-called ideals in political debates on internet forums alone.

Popping into a site here and there to browse for a couple minutes is no crime but I'd fire anyone on my staff who went to the trouble to dig up articles and quotes to no end just to prove folks in some internet forum wrong. Talk about a waste of time.

EA CO AS

Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:15 am

Spare me the eye rolling.

Nah, you more than earned that one.

A case could easily be made for lost productivity in this country on the basis of ideologues trolling their so-called ideals in political debates on internet forums alone.

Perhaps, but you're making the mistake of assuming everyone posts only on company time. Obviously that's not so, but if it were the case, then YOU would be just as guilty of it.

Ultimately it's up to each person's individual employer to take disciplinary action (if they see fit) against someone who is slacking on the job to debate with others online, not Aaron the student/construction worker and apparently self-appointed savior of productivity.

Aaron747

Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:36 am

Productivity is everyone's interest whether they realize it or not.

Bringing up what I'm currently doing for a living is irrelevant to this discussion. It just so happens working on new condos pays for flight school better than wasting my time in a San Francisco civic position towing official lines of bullshit infantilism and wacko 'progressive' policy for $20K less.

DC10GUY

Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:00 am

Very scary story... The republicans refuse to admit that their leader is a moron... Some good news though a retiring Republican congressman from Nebraska admits that the Iraq war was wrong... Maybe some of them are starting to wake up.
Next time try the old "dirty Sanchez" She'll love it !!!

dan-air

Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:36 am

Imprecise? Imprecise? This is supposed to be the searing, pivotal moment of Kerry's political life: sitting in a gunboat across the border on Christmas Eve, listening to the (wrong) president say there are no troops in Cambodia. But now he can't even recall which day it was, his own colleagues don't recall the incident, his campaign can't find any evidence to back him up, and his commanding officers deny he was ever there.

OK, let's remind ourselves about who we are talking about here. John Kerry, on his second, voluntary tour of duty in SE Asia, and the republicans think it's important that Kerry recall the exact date and time he was in any given hell-hole. The fact that he won three Purple Hearts and a Bronze Star, and still has shrapnel embedded in his leg ar ealso questioned.

Meanwhile, the republican candidate cannot prove where he was at any point in his supposed service with the ANG, and when pressed can only offer a few spotty records that prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Bush... went to the dentist. A $10,000 reward has been on the table for at least six months, offered to any former comrade of Bush that will step forward and attest that they saw Bush fulfilling his obligation in that dangerous hell-hole known as Alabama. None have.

It's a ridiculous comparison. But keep it up fellas - the longer you keep making accusations regarding Kerry's service, the worse your boy looks.

jasepl

Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:43 pm

Can Bush even Spell "Bumblings" or "Trouble"?

DC10GUY

Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:50 pm

Dan-Air, They did manage to find a receipt from when Dubya went to a dentist IN Alabama ....
Next time try the old "dirty Sanchez" She'll love it !!!

Boeing Nut

Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:02 pm

I can't even come up with words anymore to describe how unbelievable this moron is. The GOP ought to drop dubbya and throuw Cheney in. At least he appears intelligent.

How does the old saying go?... it is better for people to think you are a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubts.

Dubbya has gone above and beyond there.
I'm not a real aeronautical engineer, I just play one on Airliners.net.

itsjustme

Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:31 pm

I can't even come up with words anymore to describe how unbelievable this moron is. The GOP ought to drop dubbya and throuw Cheney in. At least he appears intelligent.

True but isn't Dick due for another heart attack?

gkirk

Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:27 pm

"John Kerry volunteered to fight in Vietnam, served two tours and was awarded 3 purple hearts, silver and bronze stars."

And still ended up on the losing side  Big grin

And before any of you have a go at me for having a go at Kerry, Bush is just a monkey wannabe  Big grin

Bring back Bill Clinton  Big grin  Laugh out loud
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!