aa777flyer

I Love My New Job!

Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:15 pm

I was LAAid of from my job a little over a year ago. I did not work for almost a year (goofed off in LAS). Anyway a couple of months ago I moved back to the SF area and began to sell cars. Anyway this last weekend a couple came in and bought two cars from me. A LS430 with the Ultimate Luxury Package and a SC430. They leased both and because I worked them on payments as opposed to price, they actually paid full sticker. I made a little over $3000, on two cars. Not bad for two hours work!
The TSA was created to make the post office look efficient!

CaptOveur

RE: I Love My New Job!

Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:28 pm

I think I smell self-gloss.. I hope you like the shaft.
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

desertjets

Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:47 pm

You realize as a new-car salesman you are the 4th lowest form of life.

3rd being a used-car salesman
2nd being a movie critic
1st being a pre-op groin shaver
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

KROC

Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:53 pm

For self-glossing...

For being a Car Salesman ...

A well earned RARE Trifecta. Enjoy.

707CMF

Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:58 pm

self gloss indeed...

And since I am aggravated right now (just answered a phone call of a potential employer asking me if I could move and work for him for less than I earn now in a place where life is dearer !!!)

cheers,

aa777flyer

Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:00 am

Hey I am just trying to make a living. I did not make them buy the car. They came in and wanted their payments around $950 a month. I was able to do it.
I would be willing to bet that NO ONE if they were in my shoes would say. "Oh wow sir, you are paying too much, let me give you bigger discount (actually they got no discount)"

KROC

Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:02 am

Dude, we are jokng with you, relax. I could care less if you fleeced some couple who obviously are making too much money. No need to get defensive, we are just having fun.

EA CO AS

Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:40 am

They leased both and because I worked them on payments as opposed to price, they actually paid full sticker.

That's something I learned after getting hosed on my first new car purchase - negotiate on the actual purchase price itself, not the monthly payments. You can always qualify for your own auto loans online and use their calculators to figure out what price point gets you the payments you can afford.

So ALWAYS negotiate with dealerships based on the actual price of the vehicle - it pisses them right off.  Big thumbs up
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

aa777flyer

Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:50 am

EA CO AS
You are right, some times though leasing makes more sense through the dealer. Most banks cant beat the incentive financing that dealers do, and most private banks and credit unions wont do a lease, and if they do they usually cant beat the residual offered by the dealer. These people got a 53% 4 year residual. Not bad.

N6376M

Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:19 am

Pre-op goin shaver

Outstanding!