BA
Topic Author

CBS News: Israel Spying On The US (classified Doc)

Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:12 am

Breaking News:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/08/27/eveningnews/main639143.shtml

Israel trying to control America's foreign policy. I'm not surprised...
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

JeffM

RE: CBS News: Israel Spying On The US (classified Doc)

Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:21 am

It seems CBS must support that spy. I'll leave you to figure out why, obvious as it is.

jasepl

Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:24 am

Trying?

Boeing7E7

Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:24 am

It seems CBS must support that spy. I'll leave you to figure out why, obvious as it is.

Interesting eh????

BA
Topic Author

Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:25 am

Trying?

Nevermind. Big grin
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

leviticus

Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:26 am

Let the slaughter begin.

LY744

Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:04 am

Good, this will finally shut up all those morons claiming that Bush went to Iraq because of the oil.  Big grin

LY744.
Pacifism only works if EVERYBODY practices it

kl911

Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:46 am

Next step Syria?

The are still the home of most of the worlds terrorists, and still occupy Lebanon. That will save Israel a lot of troops on the Northern border, which they can use to fight the terrorists in the Westbank and gaza.

KL911

rjpieces

Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:41 am

From the other thread, Richard Perle is a top neoconservative politician. He was serving in the Bush administration, and if I remember correctly, although I may totally be thinking of someone else, resigned after making some nasty comments about Saudi Arabia.

Not sure what you mean here, care to elaborate?

Israel trying to control America's foreign policy. I'm not surprised...

As if other countries don't??? The actions of the United States effect every country in the world--Especially Israel. And with Iran trying to acquire nukes to possibly destroy Israel, it is more than expected that Israel is interested in trying to figure out how the US will deal with Iran.

That said, it is no secret that there are deep ties between Neoconervatives and the Likud party in Israel. It would not surprise me if Cheney or Rumsfeld agreed to turn over the information. And you can be sure there is close cooperation between Israel and the US over Iran.

Trying

Jasepl, what exactly do you mean by that? I love how because the US takes the proper course and supports Israel against the rest of the Jewhating world, it is automatically assumed that Israel controls US policy. Try the other way around. The US can more or less dictate Israel's actions. The same can not be said about Israel.

Good, this will finally shut up all those morons claiming that Bush went to Iraq because of the oil.

Lol. Even better! All the fault of the Jews!
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

damirc

Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:03 pm

Most powerful nations spy.

Even on allies.

D.

JeffM

Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:09 pm

"Not sure what you mean here, care to elaborate?"

No, something as obvious as that, does not require explanation. Think about it, instead of reacting to it.

jutes85

Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:10 pm

I love how only Israel has the intelligence to operate on this kind of level. Twisting and manipulating nations and forcing them to take actions that will benefit Israel. eg. Invading of Iraq.

I LOVE IT.

Smile/happy/getting dizzy
nothing

L-188

Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:11 pm

Wouldn't be the first time.

Who is the guy that is sitting in the Federal Penn for getting caught doing exactly that a few years back.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

tbar220

RE: CBS News: Israel Spying On The US (classified

Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:31 pm

No big surprise, no doubt the United States has operative spying on Israel as well, its what all powerful intelligence nations do.
NO URLS in signature

rsmith6621a

Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:47 pm

>>Good, this will finally shut up all those morons claiming that Bush went to Iraq because of the oil<<<

Gosh.....I didnt think that their were RWAK up in the Great White North.

It wasnt only for oil it was to spead democracy in Iraq.......One more time the Iraq Attack had been in the planning since before even Jr swore he'd protect us.......

http://www.newamericancentury.org/

Ran by the one and only Ex head of the republicans himself.........Billly Kristol.
Did You Ever Think Freedom Could Be this Bad

rjpieces

Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:03 pm

I love how only Israel has the intelligence to operate on this kind of level. Twisting and manipulating nations and forcing them to take actions that will benefit Israel. eg. Invading of Iraq.

I LOVE IT.

Hahah Jutes, I seriously doubt that the US only invaded Iraq based on Israeli intelligence. Just look at Chalabi, or however you spell it, who turned out to have connections to Iranian intelligence.

While I understand what you are saying, you are giving fuel to BA and others who think that the Jews control the world and such.

No, something as obvious as that, does not require explanation. Think about it, instead of reacting to it.

First, how did that CBS article appear to support the spy? And what I assume you are talking about is the "Jewish dominance in the media" myth? Am I correct?
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

JeffM

Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:10 pm

Am I correct?

No, that is not what I was referring to.

rjpieces

Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:14 pm

No, that is not what I was referring to.

Sorry then, I am totally lost. I'm happy you didn't mean it that way because I agree with your posts most of the time!  Smile

Could you give some sort of clue about what you meant then, since I'm dense tonight.

jutes85

Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:18 pm

I seriously doubt that the US only invaded Iraq based on Israeli intelligence.

I know it seems unlikely, but where do you think the US gov got the idea that Iraq had WMD? Someone had to be spreading some serious BS in the FBI and CIA.

nothing

Yazoo

Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:59 pm

Who is the guy that is sitting in the Federal Penn for getting caught doing exactly that a few years back.

if you are refering to the other Israeli spy, his Name is Jonathan Pollard. he was sentenced to life.
Purple Pride!

TwinPioneer

Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:28 pm

The nice thing is, the USA doesn't have spies. Hang 0n! How does GWB know where I live? Errr! Going underground now  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

airplay

Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:36 pm

Everyone nation spies to the extent possible. I don't know why anyone is surprised with this discovery.

I have one point to add however. Israel uses its perpetual victim status as a reason to throw out the rule book when it chooses to spy.

They stick to the old adage "desperate times call for desperate measures".

This was evident a few years ago when Israel committed one of the worst abuses of a sovereign country's rights when they admitted to forging Canadian passports for their spies to use.

This was a direct threat to Canadian security and our international reputation. Canada should have made a bigger deal out of it at the time at a diplomatic level. Personally, I think we should seriously limit Israeli nationals movement and entry into Canada.

yyz717

Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:43 pm

This was evident a few years ago when Israel committed one of the worst abuses of a sovereign country's rights when they admitted to forging Canadian passports for their spies to use.

This was a direct threat to Canadian security and our international reputation. Canada should have made a bigger deal out of it at the time at a diplomatic level. Personally, I think we should seriously limit Israeli nationals movement and entry into Canada.

For once I agree with Airplay. Israel recently pulled the same stunt with New Zealand. Canada's should have suspended diplomatic relations temporarily and shut down flights between the 2 countries. Israel is WAY out of line when it forges passports.

I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

LY744

Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:48 am

"Gosh.....I didnt think that their were RWAK up in the Great White North.

It wasnt only for oil it was to spead democracy in Iraq.......One more time the Iraq Attack had been in the planning since before even Jr swore he'd protect us.......

http://www.newamericancentury.org/

Ran by the one and only Ex head of the republicans himself.........Billly Kristol. "

The only thing I have to say is a big fat "HUH?!". Which, judging by the lack of replies to your post, is what everybody else is thinking too.

P.S. Don't drink and post kids!

LY744.
Pacifism only works if EVERYBODY practices it

flylondon

Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:15 am

US spies on UK
UK spies on France
France spies on Russia
Russia spies on Japan
Japan spies on Australia
Australia spies on New Zealand
New Zealand spies on Canada
Canada spies on China
China spies on US

get the picture?

It's hardly a surprise and much to the indignation of the Canadians, I'm sure everyone forges other countries passports as well, including Canada. It's just the way the world works.

jutes85

Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:43 am

For once I agree with Airplay. Israel recently pulled the same stunt with New Zealand. Canada's should have suspended diplomatic relations temporarily and shut down flights between the 2 countries. Israel is WAY out of line when it forges passports.

I guess Israel was after our snow.
nothing

CedarWings

Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:06 am

This makes me wonder if Israel is a real friend to America.

I fully understand when Russia or China use these methods against the US, since it is a natural evolution and outgrowth of intelligence operations conducted for decades, but Israel? Why?

What more do they want and didn't get yet from the States other than the huge financial, economical, political, and military aids?

Space shuttles?

A friend wouldn't:

* spy on you
* sell your military secrets to your enemies
* pirate your technology
* stockpile weapons of mass destruction
* attack your naval vessel in international waters
* stand by and let your soldiers be killed.

[Edited 2004-08-28 22:13:22]
I didn't say it would be easy. I just said it would be the truth

jutes85

Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:12 am

but Israel? Why?

Because they can. They spy on everyone and everything, Mossad wasn't created for nothing.
nothing

CedarWings

Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:21 am

Jutes,

According to Webster, A traitor is :

One who betrays another's trust or is false to an obligation or duty.

Israel has betrayed America.... and you should never be proud of that.
I didn't say it would be easy. I just said it would be the truth

jutes85

Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:36 am

How did they betray them? The US has spies in as many countires as Israel does, so what is the difference? Everyone spies on everyone else.
nothing

yyz717

Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:54 am

This makes me wonder if Israel is a real friend to America.

The strong US Jewish lobby will prevent the US govt from protesting this Israeli spying too loudly. It's astounding that Israel would spy on the US while also receiving $B's of aid each year.

I'm not anti-Israeli but the US needs to slap Israel hard for this. Perhaps a suspension of diplomatic relations for a while.
I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

BA
Topic Author

Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:06 am

Yyz717,

Israel is WAY out of line when it forges passports.

They do it ALL the time, it's nothing new. That's how they get spies into Arab countries who are sometimes caught and imprisoned. Either that, or they bribe Arabs to do spy work for Israel. Over the summer, Lebanese Security Forces caught a spy ring operating in Lebanon which consisted of a Tunisian of Palestinian origin, a Lebanese, and an Egyptian.

Israel controls America and Prime Minister Ariel Sharon admitted it:

"Every time we do something you tell me America will do this and will do that . . . I want to tell you something very clear: Don't worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it." Israeli Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon, October 3, 2001, to Shimon Peres, as reported on Kol Yisrael radio.

Horus

Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:33 am

Really none of this is surprising, as Israel was many times 'attacked' or hurt America. Here are a few to refresh your memory:

Lavon Affair

In 1954, the Israeli government launched a secret operation of terror against the United States called 'Operation Suzannah'. It plotted to murder Americans and blow up American installations in Egypt. Their plan was to leave false evidence that the Egyptians did it, so as to make America go to war against Egypt on the side of Israel. Jewish agents succeeded in blowing up some post offices and American libraries in Cairo and Alexandria. On the way to blow up an American movie house, the Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Theater, an Israeli's agent's bomb went off prematurely. Thankfully, for both Egypt and for America, the plot was then exposed and stopped in its early stages.

Because of the capture of the Israeli agents, the world learned of this Israeli treachery and the Israeli Foreign Minister, Pinhas Lavon, was later forced to resign. The whole episode became known as the Lavon Affair. Today, the American media and publishing establishment deftly cover up this Israeli treachery. Most Americans know nothing about it. For instance, only a slight mention of the Lavon Affair is found in the popular Encarta Encyclopedia. It is in an article about Ben Gurion authored by the pro-Zionist, Bernard Reich. By the way, the article's author illustrates a typical media pattern. When Americans suppose they are reading unbiased Encyclopedia or news magazine accounts, they more often than not are reading distorted accounts written by ardent zionists

Ben-Gurion returned to politics in 1955 to replace Minister of Defense Pinhas Lavon—who resigned after a failed attempt to sabotage Egypt's relations with the West.

Note how the article meekly says, "a failed attempt to sabotage Egypt's relations with the West." What does this mean? "Sabotaging relations" sounds as though Israel might have just said a few nasty things about Egypt and America behind each other's back. The intentional deception used in this article by its author is typical of the distortions that go on countless times in the mass media.

The line in Encarta should read:

" ... who was forced to resign after Israel was caught committing terrorist bombings against the United States to treacherously incite America to war against Israel's enemy."

One could say that 90 percent of those who read this have never heard of it. Some may think I am making this all up. Well, if you still might doubt that Israel has committed these terrorist acts against America in Egypt, here is a quote from a recent article appearing in the Jewish magazine Moment, written by Samuel Katz and meant for its small Jewish audience. It is more forward, yet still omits the provocative word terrorism, a word Israel uses when Palestinians blow up libraries and cinemas.

'And the failures were as common as the spectacular successes. In the mid '50s, A'man (the Jewish Defense Agency) suffered a serious setback during the infamous "Operation Suzannah," when Israeli agents provoked Jews in Egypt to attack American and British targets and incite anti-Western sentiment. Many Jews were arrested, and some were executed. The bungled operation was a severe embarrassment for the government of Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion and his defense minister, Pinhas Lavon'

So, in the Lavon Affair we learned how our so-called "best friend in the Mideast," Israel, rewards the United States for its unconditional monetary and military support: by committing terrorism against them! Think about the fact that most Americans have never even heard about this Israeli terrorist attack against the US.

If the Egyptian government had been behind this terror against America, we would have rightly considered it an act of war and we would have attacked Egypt right back, just as we have done against Afghanistan. And the press; they would have clamored for such attacks just as they demanded attacks against Afghanistan. In fact, Afghanistan was attacked on far less grounds than the US have for attacking Israel. No evidence exists that Afghanistan approved of or even knew anything about the attack on the World Trade Center; but in the Lavon Affair, the Israeli government committed a direct act of war against the United States. Off course, Tel Aviv wasn't bombed in retaliation. Diplomatic relations were not severed. In fact, the billions of dollars in monetary and military aid was not even cut off

Any American government official who would have given aid to the Japanese after the attack on Pearl Harbor would have been prosecuted as a traitor to the United States.

Israel's terrorist attack on the USS Liberty

In 1967, during the Six Day War, Israel again committed a grievous terrorist act against the United States of America. On June 8, Israel used unmarked fighters and torpedo boats to launch an hour and one-half attack on the American Navy ship the USS Liberty, costing 34 American lives and 171 wounded.27 The Israelis first attacked the Liberty's radio towers in an attempt to stop the Sixth Fleet from learning that the Israelis were the attackers. After unmarked Israeli fighters horrendously bombed and strafed the Liberty, Israel sent in torpedo boats to finish the job. They even machine gunned the deployed life rafts in an effort to ensure that there would be no survivors (witnesses) who could expose them.

Only by the heroism and ingenuity of the captain and crew of the USS Liberty kept the Israeli plan from succeeding. They were able to keep the ship afloat as well as contact the fleet and let it know that Israel, rather than Egypt, that had attacked the ship. Knowing that its plan had been exposed, Israel withdrew and meekly claimed that their attack was a case of mistaken identity. They said that they mistook the USS Liberty for an Egyptian ship.

The United States Secretary of State at the time, Dean Rusk, and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Thomas Moorer, both say the attack was no accident, that Israel deliberately attacked the USS Liberty. For instance, it was clear day with a stiff breeze and the Liberty sported both a huge American flag and large international identification numbers on her hull. Israeli jets buzzed the USS Liberty long before the attack, flying so close that the members of the Liberty crew could even see their hand waves as they passed. Just as in the Lavon Affair, Israel hoped to blame this act of war on their enemy, the Egyptians. This time, only the courage and resourcefulness of the Liberty's crew prevented a further compounding of the travesty.

The media in the US expressed no outrage for the attack and supinely accepted the specious Israeli excuse for it. Even though the US Secretary of State and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said the Israeli attack was deliberate, the Jewish Lobby was even able to prevent a formal Congressional inquiry into the attack. In contrast, the USS Liberty's sister ship, the USS Pueblo, was captured by North Korea the following year (1968) with the loss of only one life, yet within a year the U.S. Congress launched a formal inquiry into that attack. There still has been no formal inquiry into the attack on the USS Liberty. The Liberty's commanding officer, Captain William McGonagle, was awarded America's highest honor, the Congressional Medal of Honor, for his splendid courage during the Israeli attack. But, he was given the award in a quiet ceremony in the US Navy Yard, rather than the White House (as is customary), so as not to hurt the image of the very enemy who killed 34 of his comrades and wounded him and 174 more Americans on the Liberty!

How did the political leaders of the United States respond to this Israeli act of war against it? Did America bomb Tel Aviv as it did Kabul, Afghanistan? No, the Israeli-controlled American government along with the biased media committed a clear case of treason against America by covering up this vicious terrorist attack, and continues to send billions of American tax dollars to Israel in military and monetary aid.

Again, I invoke the example of Pearl Harbor. Any American government official who would have given aid or comfort to Japan after the attack in 1941 would have been prosecuted as a traitor to the United States.

Israel: A nation that spies on America and sells its secrets to their worst enemies

In the 1980s, Israel recruited an American Jew, Jonathan Pollard, to spy against the United States. After his apprehension, Israeli officials at first claimed he was a "rogue agent," but later they admitted that Pollard was working for them from the beginning. Other than the Jewish spies, Ethel and Julius Rosenberg, who gave American atom bomb secrets to the Soviets, probably no spies have ever done more damage to our country than that which was done by this single Israeli spy: Jonathan Pollard

Israel's use of Pollard's information not only destroyed our intelligence operations in the Mideast; it practically destroyed our intelligence apparatus in the Soviet Union and the Eastern Bloc. Many of America's most loyal and best agents in the Communist world were executed because Israel sold or bartered Pollard's stolen information to the Soviets. As the article below by Eric Margolis shows, our "wonderful friend and ally" Israel would not even allow the United States to debrief the Mossad agents who handled the Pollard spying so as to help determine the full extent of the damage done to the United States and the dangers posed to American agents overseas.

Some of the enormously sensitive secrets stolen by Pollard may have been either sold, or bartered, by Israel to the Soviet Union.

A number of key CIA agents in the East Bloc were allegedly executed as a result of Pollard's spying. The KGB likely gained access to top-secret U.S. codes - either directly from Israel, or through spies in Israel's government. In short, Pollard's treachery caused one of the worst security disasters in modern U.S. history…

So, Israel, which receives billions of American aid, has treacherously spied on and harmed the very security of the United States. To further demonstrate their contempt for the US, they even bartered the top secret information they had stolen from us – to America's worst enemies. Even after Israel's public relations apologies for the Pollard spying, it has continued to spy on the US. The Los Angeles Times in 1997 reported that an American Jew named David A. Tenenbaum “admitted to divulging secrets to Israel.” To quote the Los Angeles Times,

“A civilian engineer working at an Army command facility near Detroit has admitted divulging classified military information to Israeli officials over the last 10 years.”

Even after Israel proved its willingness to spy on the US and critically damage America’s intelligence operations, President Clinton appointed a dedicated, Zionist to Chairman of the National Security Council, the highest intelligence position in the White House. Even the Israeli daily Maariv referred to Berger as a “warm Jew,” meaning that he is devoted to Israel first. Appointing Berger as National Security Council chief after the Pollard Spy Case is pure insanity.

The fact that Israel could commit these outrages against the United States without suffering scathing media attacks or even the end of aid to Israel, shows their extreme power they have over the US and the treason that reaches into the highest echelons of the American establishment. It is no wonder that Ariel Sharon could make the following statement to Simon Peres when he suggested that Israel might lose American aid if it did not pull back recent Israeli incursions. Sharon responded:

'Every time we do something you tell me America will do this and will do that . . . I want to tell you something very clear: Don't worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it. ---Ariel Sharon, October 3, 2001

So it is clear that Israel is more than happy to hurt and indanger American lives and security.

Horus

p.s. sorry for the long post, but I'm sure you all want to know the whole truth

EGYPT: A 7,000 Year Old Civilisation

kl911

Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:06 am

Horus,

And your point is? It's easy to copy/paste some stuff, but what do you mean?

I assume you mean that Israel and the US are the two greatest countries in the world. I hope i'm right, because your post isn't that clear...

Horus

Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:12 am

KL911, I think the post is pretty self-explanatory and the conclusion is quite obvious, but you can draw your own conclusion. And no it wasn't copied/pasted otherwise I would have sourced it. But its good to see that you tried to be critical of the actual information written about Israel's deliberate acts of terrorism on the US.

Horus

EGYPT: A 7,000 Year Old Civilisation

iakobos

Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:40 am

Horus,
There is something misleading when one tells only part of what is perceived as the actual facts, then jumping to the conclusion. I do not say you wrote the articles but you conveyed and use them.

I will refer here only to the USS Liberty case
* did you (or the article) mention what kind of ship she was
* what kind of duty is this ship performing
* why was she there

The article is also full of inaccuracies. If the Liberty was similar to the Pueblo (Pueblo's real sistership was the USS Palm Beach), it was a small ship (around 175ft), carrying a crew of normally 40, and up to 80-85 in "hot" situations.

Would someone believe that Israeli fighters pounded that carcass (built 1944)for 1.5 hour, followed by a torpedo boat attack without sending it to the bottom ?

I am not anti-x or anti-z, I am only anti-bs from wherever it originates.

iakobos

Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:09 pm

USS Liberty was not similar to the USS Pueblo of later North Korean fame, though they were both SIGINT ships.
Liberty was a converted 7,750ton cargo ship, built in 1945. The story reports 294 crew, among them not a single Hebrew linguist...I doubt both seriously.
On June 8, 1967 it was "approximately" 13 miles off El-Arish, supposedly keeping an ear on the pseudo-Egyptian TU-95 bombers based in Cairo.
It was reportedly attacked by jets (a first wave of 3 or 4, then a second wave of 2) during 75 minutes (a hell of a lot of time...and ammunition) and afterwards by three torpedo boats whom fired five torpedoes from a distance of 500m (meters not miles) resulting in a single hit.
The report says through desperate efforts, the crew could maintain her afloat.
Fact is the ship did stop in Malta for temporary repairs, good enough to go back to the States the next month.

Does not smell like mythology ?

greatansett

Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:25 pm

All countries spy on each other, if we were going to jail people over it most of the US government would be jailed, the same could apply to many other countries.
Ron Paul 2012