KYIPpilot
Topic Author

RNC Passing Out Purple Heart Bandaids

Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:00 am

Some people attending the RNC are wearing bandaids with a purple heart sticker on them, obviously an attack at Kerry. I think it is disrespectful to all who served in Vietnam and to all of those who have won the purple heart.

Who are those that say the GOP has class?
"It starts when you're always afraid; You step out of line, the man come and take you away" -Buffalo Springfield

Boeing7E7

RE: RNC Passing Out Purple Heart Bandaids

Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:01 am

And I thought I'd have to to to CNN for the spin...

[Edited 2004-08-31 03:06:26]

DC10GUY

Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:13 am

I'll bet their carrying a sign that says they "support or troops" while they wear it too ...
Next time try the old "dirty Sanchez" She'll love it !!!

XFSUgimpLB41X

Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:29 am

Hahahahaha...thats so freakin awesome...
Chicks dig winglets.

WellHung

Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:35 am

Bush was spotted wearing a bandaid emblazoned with a rolled up c-note. Wonder if there's any relation...

whitehatter

Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:38 am

And I thought I'd have to to to CNN for the spin...

So you don't have any comment regarding something that belittles the US military and those who have been injured in the line of duty then?

Or is making fun of a symbol of sacrifice and injury on the battlefield just another acceptable political tactic?

This is not a left or right issue. Anyone wearing such a disgraceful sticker is nothing more than cowardly and disrespectful scum and your lack of condemnation for it means you are no better.
Lead me not into temptation, I can find my own way there...

Boeing7E7

Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:47 am

Whatever. If Kerry was doing it you'd be praising the move.

KYIPpilot
Topic Author

Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:52 am

Whatever. If Kerry was doing it you'd be praising the move.

Yeah, whatever. Making fun of suffering from conflict is not something that I think is appropriate. How shallow and typical of you to suggest it.
"It starts when you're always afraid; You step out of line, the man come and take you away" -Buffalo Springfield

Boeing7E7

Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:08 am

It's only some people, not the entire group in attendance. Democrats pulled the same sort of crap at the DNC with other items. We just didn't sit around and cry about it.

jaysit

Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:10 am

"Whatever. If Kerry was doing it you'd be praising the move."

And what reason on God's green earth would make him do that?

Or do you just type without consulting the big ol' cerebellum?
Atheism is Myth Understood.

Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:45 am

And the dumb fucks in this country keep voting for 'em! This shows you exactly the mind state of a lot of the GOP.

Kerry needs to go negative and go now, those jackasses are making it way too easy.

B

JeffM

Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:58 am

LOL.... I think it's great. Just wait, Kerry and Edwards will threaten to sue someone to stop it. It is about all they know how to do. "Please make them stop... please.... I'll sue..... really I will...."

Not a slam against any veteran with a Purple Heart.....just one individual that used a bandaid to cover his wound....  Big grin

jaysit

Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:02 pm

"I'll bet their carrying a sign that says they "support or troops" while they wear it too ..."

And don't forget their deferment cards.

SSTjumbo

Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:40 pm

It's only some people, not the entire group in attendance. Democrats pulled the same sort of crap at the DNC with other items. We just didn't sit around and cry about it.

BINGO!!! End of discussion right there. Welcome to the world of politics, folks. Can't take the heat? Get out of the kitchen!
I don't know, so this is my signature.

Bronko

Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:36 pm

Your title contradicts the contents of your post. You say the RNC is passing out the item, but then you say SOME people are wearing it.

Which is it?

I am sure the RNC is not officially passing these out, as much as you would like to imply and mislead people into believeing.
Jet City Aviation Photography

Mir

Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:36 pm

I'll bet their carrying a sign that says they "support or troops" while they wear it too ...

Guess what? They actually were!!!
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

WellHung

Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:54 pm

Your title contradicts the contents of your post. You say the RNC is passing out the item, but then you say SOME people are wearing it.

Well I guess Rush hasn't told some of them to put it on yet.  Insane

Umm... I don't know who is giving them out or what level of loyalty you have to the RNC, but just because the RNC passes something out doesn't mean EVERYONE has to wear it or use it. Well, come to think of it, it could be one of those new security measures. You know, the ones to keep out the infidels. What a joke of a statement...

MD-90

Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:08 pm

That's tacky but funny.

Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:27 pm

I am sure the RNC is not officially passing these out, as much as you would like to imply and mislead people into believeing

No more than the GOP is trying to mislead people into thinking Kerry didn't deserve his medals and turned on his fellow soldiers...

But hey...

B

Boeing7E7

Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:42 pm

No more than the GOP is trying to mislead people into thinking Kerry didn't deserve his medals and turned on his fellow soldiers...

The Department of the Navy is doing a fine job at that without the GOP. Perhaps Kerry can explain how he was awarded four silver stars while only being involved in two conflicts that were eligible for said award? When you look at the awards he got in such a short time, Kerry must have been like Superman over there. I mean, he should have a statue somewhere for all his heroics.

Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:14 pm

The Department of the Navy is doing a fine job at that without the GOP. Perhaps Kerry can explain how he was awarded four silver stars while only being involved in two conflicts that were eligible for said award? When you look at the awards he got in such a short time, Kerry must have been like Superman over there. I mean, he should have a statue somewhere for all his heroics.

Uh huh. Documentation please?

B

JeffM

Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:46 pm

Just check his illustrious service record. It's all in there.  Big grin

luisca

Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:53 pm

IT WAS NOT THE RNC or its organizers, it was a delegate from Arizon I think, that passed some 300, he was aproached by the RNC Chairman and asked to stop. they have all thrown this out. Look, you have 50000, obviously someone is not going to behave appropiatly, it is unevitable in such a large gathering.
If it ain't Boeing (or Embraer ;-)) I ain't Going!

slider

Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:20 pm

Making fun of suffering from conflict is not something that I think is appropriate.

I agree...it isn't appropriate and represents bad judgement.

By the same token, why is it OK for Kerry to demean and debase the Purple Heart by virtue of lying and misrepresentation to get 2 of his?

These "band-aids" are a weak attempt at humor.

Kerry's actions blaspheme the honor and valor of the men who did truly suffer in combat.

Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:57 am

By the same token, why is it OK for Kerry to demean and debase the Purple Heart by virtue of lying and misrepresentation to get 2 of his?

These "band-aids" are a weak attempt at humor.

Kerry's actions blaspheme the honor and valor of the men who did truly suffer in combat.

Oh wow. You have a point there. This is potentially devastating to the Kerry campaign...

If it wasn't bull shit.  Big grin

And I can prove that it is:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=1963&e=26&u=/ap/20040831/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_purple_heart_bandages_3

Kerry won three Purple Hearts, a Silver Star and a bronze star for his service in the Vietnam War. A group calling itself Swift Boat Veterans for Truth has been attacking Kerry as a liar through campaign ads and media interviews, but Kerry's wartime experiences have been backed by crewmates and official records.

So in conclusion, either you and JeffM are the "Lewis and Clark" of ignorance, or you really believe this. I don't know what's more scary. But if it's the latter..

Where's your documentation?

B

KYIPpilot
Topic Author

Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:05 am

So in conclusion, either you and JeffM are the "Lewis and Clark" of ignorance

One of the funniest lines I've read in a while.  Big thumbs up

jaysit

Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:36 am

"Kerry's actions blaspheme the honor and valor of the men who did truly suffer in combat."

So true. That shameless hussy - going to Vietnam to fight and blaspheme those who suffered in combat.

In such stark comparison to GWB's honorable and brave antics during VW that truly glorifies the deaths of the 40,000 who died and the suffering of the countless others who fought.

I think we should put you in charge of building a statue of GWB right near the Vietnam War Memorial.

learpilot

Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:24 am

JeffM,

I'm just wondering, as a retired military person, how can you throw such strong support to someone who obviously had his daddy get him comissioned in a "champaign unit" to make absolutely sure he didn't get sent off to Vietnam?

And for the record, I think Kerry's a POS, too, so you can't use your "Your just a liberal pussy" defense.

And I also wonder how many of these people passing out these "bandaids" were actually in the military. I'm sure it wasn't many. So until they can put their money where their mouth is and show that they've volunteered to be shot at, they're just as loony as the protesters outside.

[Edited 2004-09-01 00:27:37]
Heed our warnings or your future will be underpant free!

JeffM

Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:35 am

Lear,
I have never said anywhere in these forums I was in strong support of what the president did when he was younger. Your statement must have been based on what the other "liberal pussies" as you call them have said. I did not.

He was given choices, and he made them, as did hundreds of thousands of other kids back then. He did nothing illegal, or immoral in making the choice. How he arrived at those opportunities may be another topic, but they were presented, and he made a choice.

What you are misinterpreting is my lack of support for Kerry, who I disagree with in many, many areas. One of them being his constant "war hero" crap which after having read his service record, or at least the parts that are available, I find myself less then amazed, as do millions of other Americans.

I will agree with you on thinking Kerry is a POS too. But that is just my opinion, and for some reason it is driving certain people on here up the wall. I hope they get over it.

-Jeff

jaysit

Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:44 am

Kerry's war record notwithstanding, its amazing how many people questioned the war record of Max Cleland too.

It just happens that they're the same people who questioned Kerry's record.

Nothing will stop these people from belittling those who actually did serve.

Certainly not shame.

Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:59 am

Aww you're so cute Jeff, following the RWAK's flow chart to a tee. If you are too lazy to back up your point, just hurl out insults...

He was given choices, and he made them, as did hundreds of thousands of other kids back then. He did nothing illegal, or immoral in making the choice. How he arrived at those opportunities may be another topic, but they were presented, and he made a choice.

But it wasn't ok when Clinton did it.

Hypocrite.

B

[Edited 2004-09-01 01:24:50]

L-188

Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:22 am

When Clinton did what?

Run off to Oxford and smoke pot?
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:27 am

Exactly...He became a Rhodes scholar. Which is fine. After all, He was given choices, and he made them, as did hundreds of thousands of other kids back then. He did nothing illegal, or immoral in making the choice. Big grin

As far as the pot? Maybe he got it from Bush?  Big grin

B

[Edited 2004-09-01 01:28:35]

[Edited 2004-09-01 01:54:58]

jaysit

Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:30 am

"Exactly...He became a Rhodes scholar."

Something one does on one's own merit through hard work and grit.
No help from Daddy and his friends.
Unlike a certain duffer we all know.

dan2002

Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:25 am

As far as the pot? Maybe he got it from Bush?

LOL, wasnt that crack that Bush took though?

-Dan
A guy asks 'What's Punk?'. I kick over a trash can and its punk. He knocks over a trash can and its trendy.

JeffM

Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:20 am

Which post was it that I said it was O.k for Bush and not for Bubba? I don't recall.

-Jeff

nwa man

Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:27 am

Lear,
I have never said anywhere in these forums I was in strong support of what the president did when he was younger. Your statement must have been based on what the other "liberal pussies" as you call them have said. I did not.

What you are misinterpreting is my lack of support for Kerry, who I disagree with in many, many areas. One of them being his constant "war hero" crap which after having read his service record, or at least the parts that are available, I find myself less then amazed, as do millions of other Americans.

I will agree with you on thinking Kerry is a POS too. But that is just my opinion, and for some reason it is driving certain people on here up the wall. I hope they get over it.

-Jeff

Whoa. That's like War and Peace compared with your other 4,195 posts...
Create your own luck.

JeffM

Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:33 pm

"Whoa. That's like War and Peace compared with your other 4,195 posts..."

I hate typing.  Big grin

Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:44 pm

I hate typing.

So do us all a favor and stop.  Big grin

B

rsmith6621a

Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:15 pm

This is for any of you who think the Bandaid stunt was funny as HELL.

This stunt was just confirmation the the GOP and many of its members have no SHAME when it comes to respect of our Men and Women whom fight for their freedom........While it may have been directed towards Senator Kerry it has also served to MOCK the sacrifices of the many whom will be reminded of the price they paid............

http://www.motherjones.com/news/feature/2004/03/03_100.html

The Repubs should once again be ashamed.....Yah I know that you RWAKs will say....it wasn't a party sponsored stunt but none the less it was allowed to go undressed and denounced once again proving the GOP has proven it is the disingenuous one....not Michael Moore.

Enjoy the Images
Did You Ever Think Freedom Could Be this Bad

JeffM

Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:18 pm

"..This stunt was just confirmation .."

LOL... No Randy, it is nothing of the sort. You saying it means nothing, many people saw the true humor in it. It mocks no one other then the intended. And what would you know of fighting for freedom? Did you serve ?

Ashamed?  Smile Did you read his quote? "I want to go back to the military. " Proud, is what I am of him, and the others like him.

Thanks for sharing that, it made my day.

rsmith6621a

Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:56 pm

>>And what would you know of fighting for freedom?<<

I consider working on political campaigns fighting for and defending freedom it is all a part of the democratic process.

>>>Did you serve ?

Like because I didnt I shouldnt have a opinion is what your saying....Jeff I gather you wrote your monthly check to the Bush campaign last night cause you have that fresh stinch of arrogance......Ill bet if you could have got a Purple Heart for a papercut you would have probably had three yourself.

santosdumont

Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:19 pm

JeffM wrote:

And what would you know of fighting for freedom? Did you serve ?

The same question should be posed to the millions of Americans who don't bother to vote...
"Pursuit Of Truth No Matter Where It Lies" -- Metallica

dan-air

Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:22 pm

George Bush doesn't even have the guts to admit that his campaign is involved with the Swift-Boat liars.

Just a reminder.

jaysit

Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:24 pm

"The same question should be posed to the millions of Americans who don't bother to vote..."

Or the same bunch of people who wiggled their way out of serving in the military back when others less fortunate had no wiggle room. That would cover the entire bunch of chicken hawks starting from the GOP presidential ticket itself.

jamesag96

Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:45 pm

"George Bush doesn't even have the guts to admit that his campaign is involved with the Swift-Boat liars."

That is because they aren't.

Regarding the band-aids...in flipping through channels on my way to the Today show (ugh) I saw Ed Gillespie on the Fox & Friends show say he approached the man handing them out and asked him to remove the band-aids and stop passing them around.

I really don't give a shit what most of you say, I thought it was an interesting way for a few people to draw attention to the fact that yes Kerry was awarded three purple hearts, for which he too wore nothing more than band-aids.

That being said I think it was pretty stupid to do so at the convention.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/elect/cst-nws-ohio31.html

Edited to add link to story, not much news out there about it.

[Edited 2004-09-01 16:49:01]
Why Kate, You're not wearing a bustle. How lewd.

JeffM

Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:09 am

"I consider working on political campaigns fighting for and defending freedom it is all a part of the democratic process.."

Don't dodge the question... you could have just as easily said NO. Admit it. No shame, I just wanted everyone to know. Simple really.

What specifically have you done, that anyone would call "fighting for freedom"... we all need a good laugh. Putting a Kerry bumper sticker on the back of your Neon does not really count.

"The same question should be posed to the millions of Americans who don't bother to vote..."

I agree.

dan-air

Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:51 am

"George Bush doesn't even have the guts to admit that his campaign is involved with the Swift-Boat liars."

That is because they aren't.

Sure. Bob Perry. Karl Rove. Need more evidence?

Funny how the swifties decided to wait 35 years to publish their "recollections", choosing to keep quiet until Kerry became the defacto Dem. candidate - that and Bob Perry supplying $200,000 (what is he, a "pioneer" or a "ranger"?)

rsmith6621a

Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:59 am

Jeff.....

Jeez Jeff.........Why in the past week have you diabled your A.net email?????

Getting mail from people you dont want to hear from??????

Why dont you send me your email address through my Anet account...I think we need to clear somthing up before it goes to far....

I think it best you do.

As far as dodging the question.....I think you have got that down PAT

JeffM

Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:59 am

"Funny how the swifties decided to wait 35 years to publish their "recollections", choosing to keep quiet until Kerry became the defacto Dem. candidate .."

Duh. A new low for even you, your catching up with RSmith fast. What practical reason would there have been to raise an issue on a nobody Senator such as Kerry before he decided to spout off about it?

I suppose the same argument could be made about George Bush's military service? Why did the Dems wait so long?  Big grin