Flight184
Topic Author

Calling Embry Riddle Master's Graduates!

Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:25 am

I am in the graduate program at Embry Riddle at a remote site in Long Beach. Have finished almost all the classes but need to get going on the GRP. It's been months, I procrastinate and procrastinate......

Those of you that have been there, need words of encouragement, ideas for the GRP - ANYTHING!

The big deal is....I don;t just want to "do the paper," I really want to get something out of it.

Help!

unattendedbag

RE: Calling Embry Riddle Master's Graduates!

Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:33 pm

Your paper should be about something you care about. You have to be VERY interested in the topic or you will probably not give it your 100%. What are you interested in? Are you interested in passenger traffic flow through the terminal, Noise abatement, Airport signage, specific human factors? btw, what is your major?

I chose an internship for my graduate "final" at DAB (internship, paper or 4 extra classes). I was really interested in operations but didn't have a strong focus on one single aspect of the operations of an airport.

Most people who write the research paper tend to go into or look for consulting jobs once they graduate. They use their research to add a new aspect to the consulting firm.

What do you like? What don't you like? What is your line of study?
Slower traffic, keep right

Flight184
Topic Author

Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:59 pm

Thanks for responding!

I have a great interest in commercial aircraft seating, particularly configurations. I joined this site because I found the thread thru google on UA's 757 3 class config. I never imagined there would be that many people on the planet interested in that. It was great.

The challenge I have is: How do I parley that into a paper? All the counselors have been giving me advice to do something simple, and just get thru the paper. I could go the easy route, but I have such a hang up with just "doing the paper."

On the other hand, I don't want to dive into a topic or issue that I am going to bite off more than I can chew, I was counseled that previous paper ideas, they were just too complicated.

What would be a simple topic on aircraft config that I could do a survey for, and, what audience do I use as a survey without spending a boatload on postage and lists for what I believe might be a low response? Could I do the survey thru this site? I am new here...are there enough folks that might be able to provide good data?

Boeing7E7

Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:03 am

The challenge I have is: How do I parley that into a paper? All the counselors have been giving me advice to do something simple, and just get thru the paper. I could go the easy route, but I have such a hang up with just "doing the paper."

Maybe work it into a paper on the framework for a new carrier? Just a thought anyway.

Flight184
Topic Author

Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:11 am

That's a cool idea, maybe some kind of marketing survey towards building a new carrier.