FlyingColours
Topic Author

Windows Is Buzzing!

Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:39 am

No not slang for great but it is literally buzzing. I have my earhpones plugged in (my small minidisk ones) and I have picked up an electronic buzzing sound, I can hear it with the speakers too. I know there is usually a bit of a sound in the background - this is supposed to be normal BUT the pitch of the buzzing changes whenever I open a different window. It even changes pitch when I scroll around a window.

It sounds very strange, I could probably knock out a tune by ALT-TABbing between windows and programmes.

Anyone know why it is doing this - before I get an electric shock down my ear canal?

Phil
FlyingColours
Lifes a train racing towards you, now you can either run away or grab a chair & a beer and watch it come - Phil

MYT332

RE: Windows Is Buzzing!

Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:43 am

I get that when I open Photoshop or Fireworks and scroll down. It's weird aint it although it sounds like mine is coming from the machine itself, i.e., the graphics card?

One Life, Live it.

dan2002

Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:44 am

Interference of some kind, you could be too close to the monitor, wireless network device, bluetooth device, wireless USB device, TV, radio, etc. Had a problem with my mouse caused by the receiver being too close to the speakers I had. MYT, it sounds like a PCI sound card, I had the same problem, took out the card, and used the onboard sound and it worked fine. Oh, and make sure the headphones are plugged in all the way.

-Dan

[Edited 2004-09-08 20:46:49]
A guy asks 'What's Punk?'. I kick over a trash can and its punk. He knocks over a trash can and its trendy.

FlyingColours
Topic Author

Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:01 am

Thanks,

The speakers are next to the monitor (always have been on this computer and the one before it) but I never had the problem before. The headphones are all the way in and I am using the default sound card which came with the computer. I guess the interferance is just sounding louder to me because I haven't been listening to anything else today.

Phil
FlyingColours
Lifes a train racing towards you, now you can either run away or grab a chair & a beer and watch it come - Phil