prosa

New York Times Article On Chechnya

Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:21 am

Today's New York Times has an interesting piece about Islamic influences on the Chechen rebellion. Like all Times articles, it requires registration in order to be read online, so I believe a.net rules prohibit posting a link. In any event, the main points of the article are that the rebellion is motivated by nationalism much more than by radical Islam; the influence of fundamentalist Islam has declined since peaking in the late 1990's; and there may be as few as 20 foreign Islamic radicals assisting the Chechens.
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

DfwRevolution

RE: New York Times Article On Chechnya

Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:43 am

In any event, the main points of the article are that the rebellion is motivated by nationalism much more than by radical Islam

Or maybe because every living adult Chechen aliave today was born in Siberian exile then returned to their homeland only to be bombed into the stone age, and see their home turn into a haven for organized crime. Tha'd make me grab an AK and raise hell. You think Falujia is bad? Go take a look at Groznyy.

The Russians totally screwed these people, and they did it to make political power play... its simply nausiating

[Edited 2004-09-12 04:44:27]