nasmal

Embry-Riddle Daytona Campus

Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:53 pm

I don't know if any of you know but they have cancelled classes for the week of 13-17!!!!!!! Supposbly it is because of hurricane Ivan, but it is not coming no where near us! I am so mad, we haven't had class for two and half weeks with only 3 days of classes. Hurricane Frances didn't even hit us directly and only minimal damage was caused throughout Daytona. All other Universities are open such as DBCC, UF............. And what pisses me off the most is that they kick us out of the dorms, I mean if you have no where to go they will take you to a shelter, but I mean who wants to go to a shelter? In this case there aren't even no shelters open because it is not going to hit us. So I have to be out of here by today Sunday at 5pm. This is ridiculous!

chepos

RE: Embry-Riddle Daytona Campus

Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:12 pm

In the school website it says they are talking to staff to see if they can shelter a couple of students during the "passing of IVAN". Im enjoying my days off from school, just got back from Tally (sorry Noles, but UM won once again) and I guess I'll enjoy my upcoming free week in Central Florida- Hurricane or No Hurricane. Im sure they have already shortened our Winter Break- not sure by how much but I heard we were now due out on December 20 something. Not sure if the decision to keep the school close is going to change since Hurricane Ivan has changed its path.
Chepos

[Edited 2004-09-12 10:23:32]
Fly the Flag!!!!

nasmal

Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:38 pm

I too went to tally last week, but now I got a job here and need to stay here. But they are evacuating the dorms....... For what?............Whatever
-mike

PPGMD

Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:21 am

Gee they never canceled any classes for 9-11, nor for the following day.

That pissed off alot of the New York students.
At worst, you screw up and die.

chepos

Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:27 am

PPGMD werent classes cancelled on SEPT. 11TH or at least I believe the rest of my classes were cancelled that day. I do remember the next day all the professors complaining that it was insensitive to give classes the day after the tragedy.
Chepos
Fly the Flag!!!!

PPGMD

Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:31 am

There were no classes canceled by the school itself. Many professors canceled their classes themselves on 9-11 and the day after, but no official cancellations.

We did have classes canceled on after about 3pm on Friday because of a tropical storm.

And parking at school was even more of a pain in the following weeks because the media camped out in the gym parking lot.
At worst, you screw up and die.