lehpron

More Than 4 States Of Matter? Re: Black Holes

Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:25 am

Considering that most of the elements and compounds we've made or discovered have freezing, melting, and boiling points within a 10,000 degree range from zero kelvin, and that the plasmic effects may occur in the several hundred thousand to millions of degrees: what happens in the billions?

Or even the trillions? There much be so much disassociation that even the quarks themselves may come apart right? I want to know what can happen to each ions/anions charge while in the upper plasma stage if the temp continued to climb at temp extremes. What is going on at the acresion (sp?) disk of black holes where matter heats up like crazy as it is tightly wound towards the vortex?

Any theoretical/hypothetical guess are fine with me.
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

scottieprecord

RE: More Than 4 States Of Matter? Re: Black Holes

Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:46 am

It's actually spelled accretion and after researching I can't find much besides that.

777236ER

Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:03 am

What is going on at the acresion (sp?) disk of black holes where matter heats up like crazy as it is tightly wound towards the vortex?

Not a lot, it doesn't get THAT hot. To get to the temperatues you want (GUT temperatures), you'd need to go back to the Big Bang.
Your bone's got a little machine

Matt D

Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:06 am

ArgInMIA

Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:13 am

there are more than 4 states of matter:

Liquid-Gas-Solid-Plasma and "Bose Einstein Condensation" is gas at absolute Zero temp

Absolute Zero is -459 degrees Fahrenheit
Alto.. Mucho mas alto.. hasta la cumbre

N808NW

Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:20 am

Matt D; LOL, that's too funny. I cant stop laughing.  Laugh out loud  Nuts
All flights have great IFE...get yourself a window seat, thats something no PTV can beat! flew 808 Pacific an Atlanic

cannibalz3

Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:01 pm

Although my education is meager in this area, I think I agree with Matt D: I dont even know if there IS a theory for that, and even if there was we would have no way of proving it without massive, massive technological and innovative leaps. The friend that will answer your question is Jack Daniels.

lehpron

Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:41 am

I don't get Matt's joke. Unless there is something wrong with an attempt to change the tone in the non-aviation forum...

Actually I was thinking about machines we have that have opposites. Like the motor/generator, lightbulb/solar cell, electrolysis/fuel cell, etc.

Would the opposite of a nuclear explosion spawn a black hole, be it a small one?

I figure a system that has to create so much heat that the matter within changes state to something else we won't understand. It is probably the only reason why we haven't been able to duplicate that, due to us expecting it to fall into known categories.

My thoughts are for transportation purposes, FYI.

The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.