airplay

Waffles And Wimps

Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:56 am

Way back when Bush Sr. was running for President, he had the "wimp" label stuck on him by those who didn't think he had the "right stuff" to run the country. They felt that perhaps he wasn't fit to serve since he spent his VP career in near anonymity.

After he won the election and entered office he started kicking ass all over the world, proving that he was no wimp but he was still bitter. He stated "You're talking to the guy that had a cover of a national magazine, that I'll never forgive, put that label on me."

You would think his kid would have learned a lesson from that "wimp label" affair. I wonder if Kerry will forgive Bush when he wins the election?

Matt D

RE: Waffles And Wimps

Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:04 am

and the point of this topic is....?????

airplay

Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:24 am

The point is that labels are silly. And GWB should understand why since his "daddy" had to deal with one just as silly.

cfalk

Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:46 pm

John Kerry will be just like Al Gore - a bitter and sore loser. If you guys think this year's campaigns were mean and nasty, just wait until 2008. You will have Gore and Kerry STILL claiming they were robbed, and I expect that the Dems will lose AGAIN in 2008, unless their party leadership takes a big step forward. Forget Hillary in 2008. It will never happen. The Republicans in 2008 will put forward a Center-Right candidate which would be impossible for a loon like Hillary to compete with. The economy in 2008 should be growing strongly. Assuming that efforts towards secular democracy in Iraq and Afghanistan are more or less on track, the Republicans have the 2008 election in the bag.

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

NWFltAttendant

Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:57 pm

Go yakkin !!!!!!

AGC525

Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:12 pm

Aren't you Canadian?

Worry about your own backyard, we'll protect yours in the meantime.

[Edited 2004-09-13 11:14:03]
American Aviation: From Kitty Hawk to the Moon in 66 years!

airplay

Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:58 pm

Aren't you Canadian?

Worry about your own backyard, we'll protect yours in the meantime.

The US elections affect us. Mainly because Bush has made our shared continent much more dangerous than ever before.

And don't give me that crap about "protecting" us. We don't need protection. The World Trade Center (location of 2 terrorist attacks) is in YOUR frontyard and in our backyard....

JeffM

Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:59 am

" I wonder if Kerry will forgive Bush when he wins the election?"

Bush does not have to forgive Kerry for winning the election... Thank him maybe...  Big grin LOL  Smile

perspective is a wonderful thing...

mdsh00

Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:00 am

Speaking of Waffles...

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040913/ap_on_el_pr/flipping_and_flopping_6

"Both Candidates Often Shift Positions"

_In 2000, Bush argued against new military entanglements and nation building. He's done both in Iraq.

_He opposed a Homeland Security Department, then embraced it.

_He opposed creation of an independent Sept. 11 commission, then supported it. He first refused to speak to its members, then agreed only if Vice President Dick Cheney came with him.

_Bush argued for free trade, then imposed three-year tariffs on steel imports in 2002, only to withdraw them after 21 months.

_Last month, he said he doubted the war on terror could be won, then reversed himself to say it could and would.

_A week after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, Bush said he wanted Osama bin Laden "dead or alive." But he told reporters six months later, "I truly am not that concerned about him." He did not mention bin Laden in his hour-long convention acceptance speech.

"I'm a war president," Bush told NBC's "Meet the Press" on Feb. 8. But in a July 20 speech in Iowa, he said: "Nobody wants to be the war president. I want to be the peace president."

Bush keeps revising his Iraq war rationale: The need to seize Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction until none were found; liberating the Iraqi people from a brutal dictator; fighting terrorists in Iraq not at home; spreading democracy throughout the Middle East. Now it's a safer America and a safer world.

So point is that both flip-flop. Or is the above dismissable because it comes from the "left-wing media"?
"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a big fat white guy who is threatened by change."

ConcordeBoy

Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:46 am

And don't give me that crap about "protecting" us. We don't need protection.

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!  Big thumbs up

Wow, thanks... that was great  Laugh out loud
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

airplay

Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:22 am

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!

Are you suggesting that if not for the efforts of the US, we would have come under some sort of terrorist attack? How can we Canadians rely on the protection of a country that can't protect itself?

Think that one over while you roll around on the floor ConcordeBoy...