Vulindlela
Topic Author

Swimming Pool?

Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:29 am

Has anybody seen this movie? I will probably make myself look stupid by asking this rather than just watching it again, but I have no idea what the ending meant. Who was the other girl that came in the last minute? I really don't want to watch it again but I would like to understand it. You don't have to give away the whole thing for those who want to see it, but please explain. Thanks
"If you take everything I've accomplished in my entire life and condense it down into 1 day, it looks decent!"

prosa

RE: Swimming Pool?

Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:13 pm

Has anybody seen this movie? I will probably make myself look stupid by asking this rather than just watching it again, but I have no idea what the ending meant. Who was the other girl that came in the last minute? I really don't want to watch it again but I would like to understand it. You don't have to give away the whole thing for those who want to see it, but please explain. Thanks

The way I saw it, most of the action was just a fantasy on the part of the older woman. Remember that she was a fiction writer who had been struggling to come up with new ideas. She somehow fantasized the existence of the sexy young woman and the entire murder plot. The cute but unglamorous young woman at the end was real, she was the publisher's actual daughter. I would say that the point of the movie was that fact and fiction can become intertwined, at least in the mind of a person who creates for a living.
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

Vulindlela
Topic Author

Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:30 pm

Ok, maybe I was overcomplicating it in my head. I thought there was some relation between the old lady and the daughter, like she was really the mother. It still seems weird to me how it ended. Was the real daughter ever really with her in France? Well, its not that important, I guess. Thanks
-Kevin
"If you take everything I've accomplished in my entire life and condense it down into 1 day, it looks decent!"

JAXpax

Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:38 pm

I saw it.... just a nice opportunity to see Ludivine Sagnier nude in yet another movie.

Vulindlela
Topic Author

Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:43 pm

Yeah, well maybe that had something to do with me being completely lost as far as the plot goes  Big grin

prosa

Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:41 pm

I saw it.... just a nice opportunity to see Ludivine Sagnier nude in yet another movie.

Who cares about her, what about Charlotte Rampling? 58 years old and she looked better starkers than 90% of women half her age  Smokin cool

"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"