LHMark
Topic Author

Kids In Bars

Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:06 am

This is my biggest problem with the New York State smoking ban. It brings the wrong element into the bars.

Not too long ago, My friends and I were hanging at a local bar that also serves typical bar food. Suddenly, two SUVs roll up and disgorge two adult couples and SEVEN kids.

So there we are, in our place of refuge from the rest of society, having to be all polite, and watch our language, and everything, while these little monster run around screaming at the tops of their little lungs, banging their toys around and ruinging my afternoon.

This sort of thing NEVER used to happen before the smoking ban; parents would keep their kids out of the bars. Now they're encroaching. For chrissake, I don't go to the friggin' Discovery Zone and get hammered in the ball crawl!

This is a purposeless rant, but I just felt like venting.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

aa61hvy

RE: Kids In Bars

Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:13 am

I swear I'm gonna snap if this is directed toward's me  Big grin
Go big or go home

aa61hvy

Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:14 am

In Dallas you are not allowed in a bar unless you are 21, or have some kind of fake ID, but they are pretty hard on that stuff.. Fortunately for me people have told me I look like I am from 23-28 years old  Big grin
Go big or go home

LHMark
Topic Author

Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:18 am

AA, I'm talking about really young kids- toddlers.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

QIguy24

Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:21 am

LHMark that is why he answered  Wink/being sarcastic

I agree it is quite irritating when they bring their own kids. It's not allowed in Denmark to do that. So thank god they will be sent away faster than they can ask why?

[Edited 2004-09-21 18:22:23]

KiwiNanday

Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:22 am

So there we are, in our place of refuge from the rest of society, having to be all polite, and watch our language, and everything, while these little monster run around screaming at the tops of their little lungs, banging their toys around and ruinging my afternoon.

Why not continue swearing and being obnoxious? That should get rid of the little shits.
Silly Islamic extremists, it's just a cartoon!

KROC

If you are in your place of refuge...a bar, why would you feel the need to watch your language? Not for nothing but the kids have heard worse, and the parents should know what to expect when bringing their kids into a bar.

aa61hvy

I should have specified a little better. No one under 21 is allowed. Including toddlers.
Go big or go home

Convair990

Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:44 am

Down in Florida (where I lived before I moved back here to WNY temporarily), a lady and some guy brought some kids into a bar I was at. Needless to say, they got kicked out. Osceola County seemed to be the strictest in this sense.

Sorta off topic, back here in NY, I have been refused beer sales at several merchants just because I have a out of state drivers license, and I am 28!!

[Edited 2004-09-21 18:52:52]
The University of Georgia Bulldogs are girlie men!!

CaptOveur

Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:52 am

"No one under 21 is allowed. Including toddlers."

OK, so are you pissed they don't let you into Dallas area bars?
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

aa61hvy

Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:20 am

Not really seeing as I get carded 1 out of every 10 times I go to bars.
Go big or go home

BOEING747-700

Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:31 pm

Its 18 or 19 depending on the province here in Canada, however in Montreal (YUL) its more of a suggestion of age rather then an enforcement. Big grin

mdsh00

Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:05 pm

Not too long ago, My friends and I were hanging at a local bar that also serves typical bar food. Suddenly, two SUVs roll up and disgorge two adult couples and SEVEN kids.

That's odd. What are the state or municipal rules there? Most bars here in CA are either 18 or 21. Only in cases like Dave & Busters might you see kids around at night...but they are usually far from the bar, if there at all.
"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a big fat white guy who is threatened by change."

noelg

Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:55 pm

You think that's annoying - go to a typical "family pub" in the UK, there's play zones for the kids, car parks full of SUVs, and little ankle biters running around knocking drinks out of your hands - a pub near us even has seperate toilets for the kids for crying out loud!!!!!

kaddyuk

Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:01 pm

If you go to a "Family Pub" you will find facilities for "Families"

I go to J.D Weatherspoons where its No ID no Entry :P

Smile

I found a credit card works well when I was under 18. Cos you need to be 18 to own one so I just borrowed a friends and it worked EVERY time :P
Whoever said "laughter is the best medicine" never had Gonorrhea

Tiger119

Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:33 pm

"This is my biggest problem with the New York State smoking ban. It brings the wrong element into the bars.

"

- I was in a hotel bar in Queens the other night (I had not been in the State of New York for some time). While I was looking around for an ash tray (I only smoke when I drink beer  Wink/being sarcastic ), I noticed a young couple WITH A NEW BORN in a corner. I was not used to seeing that! A guy sitting at the bar noticed I was obviously looking for something and said, "You're not looking for an ash tray are you? They out law'd smoking inside buildings in New York." I did not know the new law had a connection with allowing minors in bars. Sounds like a silly connection between the two things!
Flying is the second greatest thrill known to mankind, landing is the first!

mlsrar

Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:11 pm

I didn't think you would have that much of a problem with kids in bars, seeing as it would increase your chances of scoring a date.
I mean, for the right price I’ll fight a lion. - Mike Tyson

jasepl

Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:21 pm

Some of the posts on here are hilarious... Considering that a few of the posters whining about kids in bars have barely hit puberty themselves!