What is the real reason behind the Great Divide that exists between the religious and non religious? It seems to me that they have more in common with each other than there are differences. Could it be that the only thing really separating them is the accountability and living by some rules factor?
THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN
1. It is often said that Christianity has been directly or indirectly linked to more war, famine, and suffering in our planets history than anything else. It's hard to be an objective thinker and not realize that this argument has merit to it. Yet Christianity is supposed to be a faith of compassion and caring. How do you respond to these charges? At what point to you have to simply agree to disagree and walk away? You may believe yourself to be 100% right. The Bible does say to spread the word of the Lord. Why do so many people who claim to be religious feel the need to resort to name calling and belittling and firebombing those who disagree with you?
2. If God created the Universe and all its glory, where did He come from?
3. How do you explain the fossil and geological records? If those were "planted" by God to give us the impression of a past history, then how do you know that we weren't all simply created ourselves just five minutes ago, and all of the memories that exist in our head from our whole lives simply planted there by Him as well, to make us "normal"?
4. Did Adam and Eve posess navels? If so, then that is a vestige of a birth, therefore debunking the idea that they were the first. If not, then they weren't 100% like us.
5. If every person on this earth has a Divine Purpose, why do so many people-most of whom are are totally innocent-get condemmed to suffer-just like Jacqui-who never did anything more sinful than want to get educated, get married, and have a family? How could a loving God allow this to happen to
THE NON BELIEVERS
1. Many people who don't believe in God strongly believe in Astrology. Both are largely based on faith and suspension of disbelief. If God is wrong, how can Astrology be right?
2. If the Universe is the result of the "Big Bang", where did
THAT come from?
3. Many nonbelievers happen to be scientists and astonomers. Many of them firmly believe in such things as other planets outside of our solar system. But nothing other than circumstantial evidence exists. Yet we are to take your word? Why should we accept your word with faith, but no hard evidence whilst at the same time shunning the Believers who basically do the same?
4. If Life is the result of random chemical reactions, why has not a single scientist on this planet been able to duplicate it and, basically create something out of nothing? I'm not talking about cloning or synthetic materials. Those are only made out of existing objects and substances.
5. Do you
REALLY believe that the Bible is nothing more than a book of fables, or is the idea that you aren't 100% in control of your life the real reason you turn away? In other words, you don't believe in absolute rights and wrongs.
6. If you really are the "open minded" and "tolerant" person you claim to be, then why do you hate Christians so much? Why not just live and let live? Are you perhaps in denial that you really are open minded and tolerant or does your pride and ego prevent you from accepting the idea that they might be right and you might be wrong and you have to resort to name calling, belittling, and mocking those who disagree with you?