BA
Topic Author

CNN Lebanon Tourism Advertisements

Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:52 am

There are two new CNN advertisements promoting tourism in Lebanon, Summer and History. I thought I'd share them, you can view them here:

http://www.rediscoverlebanon.com

I really liked the history one. I was disappointed about the summer one though, they could have done a better job. The beaches are wonderful, but there is more to summer in Lebanon than just the beaches.

So far my favorite ones are the Reconstruction of Beirut and History.

They are making one more, Gastronomy. I can't wait for that one.

These advertisements are also broadcasted on BBC and a few other world TV networks. Has anyone seen these advertisements anywhere else?

Regards
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

damirc

RE: CNN Lebanon Tourism Advertisements

Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:02 am

Seen them only on CNN.

Looked up hotel prices in Lebanon and decided it was too costly  Smile/happy/getting dizzy Do you know of any more reasonably priced stays in Lebanon?  Smile

D.

BA
Topic Author

Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:13 am

Damirc,

Looked up hotel prices in Lebanon and decided it was too costly

That's often the problem in Lebanon. Lots of expensive 5-star hotels and too few descently priced 3-4 star hotels.

Since the last few years, hotel prices have skyrocketed in Beirut in all categories.

This problem is also bound to increase as there are more 5-star hotels under construction/planned than 3-4 star hotels under construction/planned.

I would recommend the Holiday Inn Dunes which is actually built into a modern shopping mall.

Do you know of any more reasonably priced stays in Lebanon?

http://www.holidayinn-dunes.com

It's a 4-star hotel, but probably still expensive, but not as bad as the 5-star ones such as the Phoenicia InterContinental Hotel, Movenpick Hotel & Resort Beirut, Safir Heliopolitan, Crowne Plaza, etc.

They are building a Sheraton Four Points nearby to it which will open next September.

What I think is another good 4-star hotel is the Sea Rock Hotel:

http://www.searockhotel.com

I THINK they have descent prices.

From family experience, I've heard the Casa D'Or Hotel in the Hamra district is very good and it is affordable. I know a number of family members who've stayed in it. It's a 4-star hotel.

http://www.casadorhotel.com

Soon the 5-star market will be full and will satisfy the rich gulf people. Hopefully then they will begin to construct more 4-star hotels that are descently priced.

Regards
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

damirc

Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:33 am

Yislamo  Smile

Looks promising  Smile

D.

MEA310

Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:58 am

Damirc

You could always find hotels on the outskirts of Beirut,for instance the Portemilio hotel in Jounieh,or Grand Hills in Broumana in the mountains,a 15 minute drive from Beirut.

MEA310
M5 Fastest Sedan On Earth