flymia

Hurricane Jeanne Coming To Florida.

Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:38 am

Hurricane Jeanne is on its way to yes Florida. All of the east coast of Florida has to watch this one. Cat 2 right now. Does not look like it will hit South Florida just matters how strong weak that high pressure is and when it makes it turn north. Here is the 5 day perdiction.
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT11/refresh/AL1104W5%2BGIF/170313W5.gif
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

Mir

RE: Hurricane Jeanne Coming To Florida.

Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:20 am

Well, look there, it's a hurricane headed for Florida.

Oh wait, that's not news anymore.

But seriously, what have they done to deserve this??

Possible theories:
- the 2000 election
- getting Shaq
- trying to finish off US's plans for FLL focus city and make the death nice and quick
- the idea to have an Inverness Cooter Festival
- the Marlins winning the World Series last year

There could be any number of reasons, but clearly God/Allah/whatever-his/her/its-name-is is not happy. What are your explanations?
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

tbar220

Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:53 am

I'll add...

Having the Tampa Bay Lightning win the Stanley Cup  Big thumbs up
NO URLS in signature

Delta767300ER

Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:14 pm

That track looks like it will hit around Daytona. I have seen several paths so it should be interesting. The overtime at work is good (I'm an emergrncy worker) but the stress is insane! Thankfully this is a rare season.

-Delta767300ER

N312RC

Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:27 am

Well Jacksonville is preparing..... again.

I am so sick of this crap.
N/A

TransIsland

Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:16 am

It would appear that Nassau is already getting the first feeder bands, even though were not expecting Jeanne to hit us directly, as she is moving north of us. Bad news for Abaco and Grand Bahama, who were hit badly by Frances already.

I just went outside to have a look at my wind speed indicator, and I noted it was gone. I guess that must have been Frances, too. It's not really windy yet, but the palm trees' leaves are all bending in one direction. Failing a proper wind speed indicator, this is the best I can offer  Big grin

Let's hope she's not as nasty anymore as she was in Haiti last week.

Be safe!
TransIsland
I'm an aviation expert. I have Sky Juice for breakfast.

dl021

Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:40 am

Any of our FL brothers and sisters who need something, speak up. If you are evacuating remember that the motels/hotels are pretty full still as far north as Valdosta and Macon. The GEMA has addresses of volunteers who can take in people for a few days.

God Bless and good luck.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

Delta767300ER

Translsland

Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:47 pm

Trans, Hopefully everything will be alright down their. Hopefully Jeanne will not intensity before it hits you or me.

Its a waiting game for me in Sebring, Fl. We are inland but Hurricane Charley proved that we can easily have Cat 4 winds 90 miles inland.

-Delta767300ER

vaporlock

Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:03 pm

All I can say is that I hope it misses you!!! There has been so much damage due to these damm hurricane's.....lets hope it dies real quick!!!  Big thumbs up

Good Luck!

Phyllis  Wink/being sarcastic

TransIsland

Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:26 pm

Poor Abaco. The eye has almost reached Marsh Harbour, and Jeanne grew overnight. Poor Grand Bahama - it's headed right there. And especially Grand Bahama hasn't recovered from Frances yet.

Right now, we're having rather $h|tty weather in Nassau, but nothing that we would have to worry about at this time. (Still managed to walk the dogs 10 minutes ago.) The satellitte tells us that it will get somewhat worse though.

Still, we're keeping our fingers crossed, and our thoughts are with those further North who are in her direct path.

Be Safe!
I'm an aviation expert. I have Sky Juice for breakfast.

flymia

Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:11 am

As of right now looks like Miami-Dade and Broward County will get spared again. Monroe Miami-Dade and Broward are some of the very few countys that have not gotten Hurricane force winds all year.
Florida got hit by 5 storms this year. One Tropical storm and soon four Hurricanes.
First time in history that four hurricanes hit one state since they recorded hurricanes. Texas got hit by three hurricanes and one tropical storm in 1896.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)