Erwin972
Topic Author

Amazing AMS Meet - The Pictures

Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:34 am

For everybody who couldn't make it or just interested in what's up: here are the pictures of the AMS meeting.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~erwinvd/amsmeet/

As the weekend is going on right now I will add new pictures, so make sure to check again!

Kind regards,
Erwin

My gear: Nikon, Sony, Red, Sachtler etc.

PIA747SV747

RE: Amazing AMS Meet - The Pictures

Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:48 am

Wow that looks like you guys are having lots of fun!! How many people are suppose to show up? And Ill be waiting for more pics!

MYT332

Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:58 am

Oh my fucking god! Erwin how could you!!!

Oh well, Hannah will be pleased im sure, nice pics ya Fokker!

I gotta go now, since i am actaully in AMS.

Erm BYE!

Oh and thanks for the lift this afternoon Erwin, nice posh 307 you have!

One Life, Live it.

CPH-R

Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:01 am

My god, that lunch snack of Kas' looks unhealthy  Laugh out loud

Also, it looks like Kazi found a comfy place to sit  Big thumbs up

LFutia

Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:09 am

Sweet! Wish i could go though  Sad too damn far from the states and too high of a price.... and plus its during the school season... oh welll.... nice pics  Big grin
Leo/ORD -- Groetjes uit de VS! -- Heeft u laatst nog met KLM gevlogen?

sulman

Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:22 am

Bugger. Wish I was there.
It takes a big man to admit they are wrong, and I am not a big man.

707CMF

Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:36 am

Nice pics. One thing though... you already got UMTS in NL ?????????

Cheers,

Karlok

Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:18 am

Vodafone here in Holland  Smile
But I haven't on my phone yet.

gkirk

Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:22 am

Which one is the dodgy South African/English/wannabe Australian, JGPH1A?  Big grin Oh and is Gordonsmall there?
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

flpuck6

Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:02 pm

Hey guys,

I don't know any of you guys ... but I'd sure like to know who's who in all those pics ... looks like a heck of a time!

Bonjour Chef!

CaptOveur

Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:20 pm

Is it just me or is Kaz getting better looking every time she goes to a meet?
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

nosedive

Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:47 pm

just you captoveur, just you

airkas1
Crew

Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:54 pm

Kaspar, It was actually quite tasty Big thumbs up

The pink thingy on top of it is just a flavour:P
Airliners.net Crew - Head Photo Screener

pilot kaz

Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:27 pm

Yo guys

Alex, kaz, glenn and hannah here hehe just saying HI!! and nur nur we are here and your not!!
-

CPH-R

Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:48 pm

Kas,
I figured it was - but usually it's like 99% chemicals and 1% something highly toxic  Laugh out loud

Kaz,
at least we're not out in the cold  Laugh out loud

Also, I think that shot no. 30 might be rejected for bad-group Big grin Also, who the heck is the lady with the tatoo's in shot 31  Wow!

KiwiNanday

Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:51 pm

Kaz, how'd you get access to a computer?

Everyone's Favorite Bird
Silly Islamic extremists, it's just a cartoon!

EGGD

Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:31 pm

Cool, nice pictures.. Looks like you guys are having a great time, shame I couldn't be there (Working 12 hour shifts again). It was my Birthday on Thursday as well so I had prior plans (wouldnt've been the same celebrating it with you losers, sorry guys  Big grin). Looks like its just as cold there as it is here, gutted!

We need more pictures, and put names to faces!

planespotterx

Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:41 pm

lol id rather be here chasing Jeanne than there chasing planes  Big grin
Its not the fall that kills u, its the sudden stop at the end..

SA006

Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:36 am

Could someone maybe orginize a group shot and tell us who the hell everyone is?!?!  Laugh out loud I know a few faces but man there are alot of people

Looked like great fun!

Rgds
SA006
Proudly South African

RJ100

Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:49 am

Smile

I'm already at home again. Thank's for waving good-bye during take-off. I saw you guys down there. Did someone take a picture of me departing home?

Sorry to those I could not say goodbye to personally.
Thanks also for Nick, Erwin and Sander for driving around folks. And also a big thank you to Sander for organising the meet.

Cheers,
Thomas (RJ100)
none

Jkw777

Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:06 am

Hi all,

Just sitting in "Level 2 Communications Centre" with Chris78cpr, completely knackered and waiting for our flight home on the scarebus 321. (Anyone got a reg?) Big grin

On behalf of us both, many thanks to all those who attended the meet and a special thanks to Erwin and Peter for the lifts to the various spots around AMS.

Sander, you are a god. Everything went to plan we all made it through with out any problems. Thank you dude, it was very much appreciated.

All I can say is... What a meet! I look forward to the next one, if I decide to go.

Laters all, can't wait to see the rest of the pics from this weekend.

Justin and Chris  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
jkw6210@btopenworld.com or +447751242989

ba757

Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:07 am

Just a quick word as I can't really spend much time on the computer right now, I have to pack and be on the move again for Munich soon.

Firstly, can I just say a big thanks to Sander and Erwin for driving us round AMS all day on Saturday, it was MUCH appreciated.

Can I also just say thanks to everyone for an amazing weekend, sorry I had to go early on Sunday morning but I couldn't help it.

Best memory of the meet? It has to be our 153EUR bar bill on Friday night? That was an ace night.

Ill speak and write my reports when I return from Munich and New York in two weeks time.

Once again, thanks everyone for making this an awesome meet!

Adam

Erwin972
Topic Author

Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:34 am

Well, since you asked for it, the last pictures from today are online now.

Kind regards,
Erwin

EGGD

Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:45 am

Thanks Erwin, those pictures kinda make me miss AMS..  Crying

ba757

Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:48 am

The best picture ever has to be of this sign....

I think that amused everyone.

Adam

dazultra

Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:28 am

Hi Guys,

well what can i say, except AMS rocked!!!!  Big thumbs up

thanks to peter and erwin for driving us round to the various locations, and thanks most of all to sander for arranging this meet in the first place.

heres a few pics from the meet, sorry about the quality they are from my fone:

friday night:

€153 bill:

we were staying in the NH hotel but the Bastion was just accross the road so half the group decided to utilise their bus  Laugh out loud
(also MYT332 left a "souvenier" in the bus Big grin)

saturday at the polderbaan:

peter's chariot which brought us there (cheers!  Big thumbs up);

the weather started to go abit bad so we went off to the largest aviation model shop in europe. here is pilot kaz flying a 737 simulator:

on our way to the dinner in amsterdam city centre:

humphreys restaurant was the location for the dinner:

after dinner we all split up and went different ways. our group went to the more 'interesting' areas of amsterdam  Big grin

sunday:

we checked out of the hotel and went over to the kaagbaan again, and up onto the panorama terrace:

it was great meeting everyone that i did, cant wait til the next meet  Big thumbs up

cheers!

Daz.

eham

Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:36 am

Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Unfortunately I couldn´t join you the whole weekend but it was a pleasure driving you folks around Schiphol last saturday in my nice little car  Smile

Hope to cu all soon!

Nico

jamotcx

Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:37 am

Nice one Erwin, thanks to you and everyone else who helped us at AMS (lifts, trains etc etc).

Just got in after a great flight on a Fokker 70  Smile and cant wait to go back to AMS.

Jamo

P.S. whos got the pics of Kaz from last night  Laugh out loud

wietse

Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:45 am

lol... so you guys were over at Kaag at around 3 pm? I was on my way to Polder, which is the most logical location at that time of day... Too bad. !
Wietse de Graaf

airkas1
Crew

Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:57 am

We also saw Tim (de Groot) with his ladder at the Kaagbaan, but I guess he didn't recognized us or something. He left after taking only 1 picture of the Eva Air 747 I think.
Airliners.net Crew - Head Photo Screener

Horus

Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:05 am

Had a great time in AMS and it was great to meet even more A.nutters.

Special thanks to Sanders for organising the meet (well done mate) and to Erwin who shuttled me all around the place in his nice car (he even had 747 safety cards in the seat back pockets-nice touch-lol)

Will be back soon to share some stories/gossip....watch your back British767  Big thumbs up lol...don't worry your secret is safe with me...lol

Horus

EGYPT: A 7,000 Year Old Civilisation

wietse

Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:06 am

Tim and a ladder??? how the hell did he take that on his bike? And I have never seen him on a ladder before..
Wietse de Graaf

petertenthije

Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:10 am

peter's chariot which brought us there (cheers! );

I've good good and bad news. The good news is that my car is no longer making funny noices when cornering. It will also outrun bikers again!  Big thumbs up

The bad news to everyone that has sat in the back of my car... take a diet!  Acting devilish

[Edited 2004-09-26 22:11:19]
Attamottamotta!

CON207

Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:41 am

Yes!! I was there. I'm still in AMS as I write this post. Its been AMAZING and I wouldn't have missed it. Looking forward to the AMS meeting again.
Its been a pleasure meeting those that attended. I eventually linked up with everyone on Saturday ( ha ha) about 5pm after missing the rendevous in arrivals. Embarrassment
Many thanks to Erwin and Sander for your great hospitality and to all others who did their bit. Hope you all had a safe journey home. I fly out Monday morning. For all those that didn't make it, you missed a great couple of days. Just make sure you can get next time. You won't be disappointed!!.

Regards
Sue xxx

Big thumbs up
Being ill sucks. Never take life for granted!!

An-225

Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:48 am

It was absolutely amazing. Now I hope to make it home on UAL 947. Was great to put the faces to the names... Hope to see you all again wherever the planes may take us... Cheers!

Alex.
Money does not bring you happiness. But it's better to cry in your own private limo than on a cold bus stop.

FJWH

Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:08 am

Who is the guy in black on the left??

Cause I saw you walking at the panorama terrace at AMS, Saturday around 09.30! I was there before my flight to LTN, was already looking for A.Nutters.
I was standing with my binoculars and I had an blue bag with me? Remember me  Smile?

FJWH
FlightS in the next 3 months: MSP, PHX, MEM, NCE, TFS, BCN. All round trips from AMS

AvianceGirlUK

Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:12 am

HEY GUYSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
Well just got back from an AMAZING flight on Bmi.. Justin and Chris were also on my flight and the cabin crew woman thing had a go at me for putting their bags in the business class cabin as they were not in Business and i was. Well after me kicking up a fuss and the cabin crew storming off, she came back a while later with 3 bottles of champagne for them as a kinda apology (i think)!!!
So had the best time ever!! Thankyou to everyone who drove us around, thats Erwin, Sander and Nick.. You were all so helpful to us and you really made us feel so very welcome. We all appreciate everything you guys did for us.
Well back to work eh... but please keep the pics coming so i can keep smiling and remember all the great memories we all shared...
It was GREAT meeting everyone, i miss you all so very much already and i hope it wont be long before we all meet again soon.
Keep in touch guys...
Much love and best wishes to you all... xxx

Capital146

Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:19 am

Just got home safely from AMS. My flight back to Leeds/Bradford was delayed by 40 minutes but I don't care as I've had a FANTASTIC WEEKEND!

It was so great to see you guys again!! Many of you feel like old friends by now!

Firstly I'd like to say a big 'thank you' for the terrific Dutch hospitality we received, you guys were great!  Big thumbs up A special mention goes to Sander for organising a truly terrific Meet, you did everyone proud!

I'd also like to personally thank Sander, Erwin and Mike for driving me around the various vantage points around the airport, without you we would have all been lost!

And onto the rest of you rabble, it was so great to see you guys again!!  Smile  Smile Many of you feel like old friends now! So many new faces too, it was great getting to know those of you I hadn't met before, hopefully the first of many times we will meet up.

Special mention I feel should also go to An-225 and JoseMex who rearranged their European vacation plans in order to join us before they departed back to USA and Mexico respectively.

As the for aircraft, I really don't know what to say, except it was awesome!  Smile  Big thumbs up

Also, I think many of us found that we fell in love this weekend................with the MD-11's! Those KLM and Martinair birds made many A.Netter's hearts flutter over the weekend!!  Love (Note: World of Wings shop at AMS has now sold out of its PPC Holland KLM MD-11 replica kits thanks to A.Netters!).

I can't believe I'm not going to see you guys for a while now, but I suppose part of what keeps it special is that we can only meet now and again. Take care everyone and I expect to see you all again at the next Meet.

David
Like a fine wine, one gets better with age.

jrowson

Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:25 am

Hi Everybody,

I had a great weekend and was sad to leave so early this morning. It looks as though I missed the better weather.

Thanks to Sander for the great organisation and to Erwin, Peter and everyone else who drove us around all afternoon. Without you I think we would have been stuck on the Panorama Terrace all weekend.

Erwin thanks for the great group photos.

It was great to meet up with everyone/catch up with people, and I look forward to doing it again, but maybe somewhere a bit warmer next time?

Hope everyone has got home safely and don't have too bad hangovers (hehe)

Cheers everyone,

James
James Rowson

aviationfreak

Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:32 am

Sorry for coming in late in this thread, I was quite busy this weekend  Big grin

Thank you all for coming. You made this meet for what it turned out to be. A huge succes!

I like to say a big thank you to Nico (EHAM), Erwin (Erwin972), Peter (Petertenthije) and Michael (IwantaBBJ) for offering their cars to drive "the guests" up and down to 18R-36L (Polderbaan) and 06-24 (kaagbaan).
I also wants to thank Ben (Ben) who was also very supportive.

I hope everyone is fine and I'm sorry if I missed you for saying properly goodbey.

Going to sleep now as I'm totaly knackered.

I'll post more tomorrow.

Sander
I love both Airbus and Boeing as much as I love aviation!

British767

Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:10 am

Hey everybody,

Just got back from LHR and I would like to say what a fantastic weekend it was! I am very tired, even though I woke up at 12.40pm this afternoon, probably the effects of getting back to the hotel at 3.45am this morning. Special thanks for Sander and Erwin for driving us around everywhere. Special thanks to Sander for the organisation and for driving me and Ben to find cheese.

Everybody else, it was so great meeting everybody again/for the first time!! AMS is such a great place and I was so depressed to leave!!

I got a free suitcase on my way home today too!! When I picked up my suitcase, I saw that one of the handles had broken off, and so BA gave me a new one right there and then!!

Horus, rumours, vicious vicious rumours that you are making up!!  Smile

I really want to go back now!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all again!!

Ben

pilot kaz

Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:10 am

hey guys!

I have just arrived home, had a bit of a delay with surprise surprise easyjet. hope you all got home again and it was a very amazing meet!
-

kl713

Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:34 am

Looks like you guys had a great weekend at AMS! Too bad I couldn't made it anymore. If I see those photos, it must have been a fun-filled weekend. Hope I can make it the next time....cheers guys!
732 733 734 73G 738 739 742 743 744 752 763 77E 773 77W 319 320 332 333 343 388 M11 146 DH4

Jkw777

Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:18 am

Hi there gang,

Just touched base at SOU. Man that was an awesome weekend!!

I would like to thank all of those who turned up, the local guys for showing us the Polder etc, the car rides to and from these places, and everyone else for putting up with us rowdy brits!

I had a really good time meeting you all, and shooting there at AMS.

I can't wait to see more pictures and stuff from the weekend!

Regards,

Justin Big grin

PS: Erwin, I will send you some important info tomorrow!  Big grin
jkw6210@btopenworld.com or +447751242989

chris78cpr

Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:54 pm

Hey guys,

I'm just off to go back to college.  Sad 6am! This is not funny! lol

Right, a big thank you to all of you that turned up, it made it the most succesful meet ever. The big thank you goes to Sander, Erwin and Peter. Without you guys, we would of not known where to go, what to do or how to get there, you three really made this weekend for a lot of us.

Your airport is amazing and i cannot wait to get back there soon.

I hope all of you returned home ok and had good flights.

Thanks Hannah for the champers! Very nice!!!  Laugh out loud

I hope to see more pictures and all of you again soon!

Cheers for now...

Chris
5D2/7D/1D2(soon to be a 1Dx) 17-40L/24-105L/70-200F2.8L/100-400L/24F1.4LII/50F1.2L/85F1.2LII

Erwin972
Topic Author

Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:21 pm

Guys, it was great meeting you and see some faces behind all the a.net photos, forum posts and chatters... Some of you are really nuts but I love you!

Sander, you organised a great weekend, it was good to be part of it. I drove around more then 200 km this weekend at the airport and all I can say that you guys ain't even seen the best places yet!!!

Hope to see you soon, perhaps when you return to AMS (I am sure you will - just be sure to keep the map I handed you - and let us know when you arrive) or somewhere else.

Ah, can someone help me identify all names and usernames from the group photo? So, I'm off to work again, still feel terrible tired...

Kind regards,
Erwin

MYT332, did you wrote your name on my dirty car ?? lol

Now let all the stories and reports begin !!

[Edited 2004-09-27 08:22:12]

RJ100

Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:08 pm

Seems like we had good luck. Just heard in the news that public transportation in Amsterdam is striking today. Imagine the chaos at Schiphol...

RJ100
none

QIguy24

Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:12 pm

That is some really great pictures guys and girls. I still wish I could have joined you. But what the heck. I'll see you guys at the next meeting. Big grin

RJ100

Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:15 pm

QI, and you must fly Ryanair then. Haha!!! You sitting in a Ryanair plane is worth a picture!

Regards,
RJ100
none

QIguy24

Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:21 pm

Ha!! That must be one of the ugliest pictures of the year then Big grin