N6376M

Alpha1 Says Porter Confirmation Will Be A Joke

Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:08 am

I was thinking back on some of Alpha1's greatest hits and came across this one:

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/non_aviation/read.main/614126/

Funny how the Senate confirmed the guy with just 4 hours of debate with a vote of 77-17 (82% support).

Excellent political analysis Alpha1 - you were right on target!

By the way, guess who two of the 6 people who didn't show up for the vote were. Senators Kerry and Edwards.

I guess the old cliche is correct - decisions are made by those who show up.

RE: Alpha1 Says Porter Confirmation Will Be A Joke

Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:30 am

It is typical of Alpha1 to make radical left wing accusations, with no logic intact. I wonder what his explanation is on this now?

aloges

Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:31 am

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Falcon84

Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:38 am

ROTFL. What is your obsession with me lately? I still think it's a joke, that this political partisan, who says he's not qualified, is now running CIA.

It's pretty telling of how far you've gone to the right, that you have to bring this up, N6376m. And I won't even comment on the infantile sentence of Bushcheney2004. It speaks for itself with complete ignorance.

You keep telling me you weren't part of the acronym I came up with for conservatives, N6376m, but with each passing day, you show you're not only part of it, you practically lead it on here.

How the mighty have fallen.

(And gee, Kerry and Edwards are out campaigning for the White House, but that's no excuse for you, is it?  Laugh out loud )
Work Right, Fly Hard

N6376M

Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:45 am

Why is it an obsession when one reviews the record of another? Was this not your post? Did I in any way distort or editorialize what you yourself wrote? This is your record and you're running away from it. You even went as far as changing your user name to disassociate yourself from your ridiculous ranting as evidenced by this very post.

I guess it's the same argument Kerry tries to raise - ignore my record listen to what I say.

As for the importance of Kerry and Edwards not being there - well, why don't they just resign their Senate seats and allow the good citizens of MA and NC to be represented in the US Senate? To me it clearly shows that even they don't believe that they'll have new jobs come January 05.

As for your opinion on Porter, 82% of the Senate membership that showed up disagreed with your assessment.

Falcon84

Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:49 am

They don't resign, smart guy, because the laws of their state say they don't have to. Do you have a problem with that, N6376m.

And I said that-I continue to say that about Porter Goss. But are you so smug that you feel you need to bring it up? To what point? There was never a doubt he'd get confirmed, but he's still a joke.

I'm flattered you think it's necessary to take the time to look and bring up what I said. I'm certainly not embarrassed by it, and I don't change my opninon on it, either.

You've got too much time on your hand, seems to me.  Smile
Work Right, Fly Hard

Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:56 am

Oh wow, so Falcon was wrong about something...

But look at the bright side dood, it's not like you got this country into a war and managed to piss off an entire race of people with your comments.

Kinda put it into perspective.

B

N6376M

Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:12 am

Boy are we getting aggressive Alpha1 (if it's okay with you, that's what I'm going to call you because I like it).

You've resorted to the old strategy of attacking the person (me in this case), because you don't like what I've got to say. Defend yourself on substance.

These were your words. I'm sure that there are plenty more of these sort of posts that we can find. Maybe I wil dedicate a bit of time each day to search old posts and see what other ridiculous positions you've supported. It will be sort of a public service, a la Michael Moore's F911, to expose hypocrisy where it exists. My tentative working title for the project is A1911.

Scorpio

Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:22 am

Allow me to quote from the a.net rules:

Criticism which serves no purpose other than to flame or insult will be deleted and your account possibly suspended.

Pretty sure that one applies here...

Do not post a message on how you find a topic or user irrelevant, boring, childish or stupid.

Ditto.

Do not provoke other users or incite trouble.

Just so happens that that was the SOLE purpose of this thread.

Do not re-ignite inflammatory threads by creating new threads on the same topic.

...yet that's exactly what you're doing right here.

Oh, and I agree with Aloges. An obsession like this is not healthy. Seek help.

Suggesting deletion of this thread.

mrniji

Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:45 am

It is typical of Alpha1 to make radical left wing accusations, with no logic intact. I wonder what his explanation is on this now?

At least Alpha1 is not as stupid as you to go on an aviation website with the username of his preferred candidate..

I feel sorry for you, dude,, my sympathy.. but accusations - i.e. saying that someone makes radical left wing accusations, with no logic intact - from someone who is so predisposed with his political opinion that he even uses his username, show that you have lost any attempt of seeing things from multiple sides... and especially someone who is barely 20 years should probably show some due respect for someone like Alpha1 who has throughout had an eye for an alternative political analysis.. if people like you kept their mouth shut more often, then maybe we would have less problems in the world

Edit: and N673m, it is very mean to open a thread with a username in the subject and put an attempt to find other people acusing these persons.. This is not the first time you are desparately trying to spoil someone's reputation; there were many very mean attempts by you concerning other users - I will report this to the mods now - please also note some discussions going on in site related

[Edited 2004-09-28 19:48:39]
"The earth provides enough resources for everyone's need, but not for some people's greed." (Gandhi)

Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:49 am

Alpha1, none of that stuff is taking place in this thread. He is simply pointing out your thread, and quoted you.

[Edited 2004-09-28 19:50:12]

mrniji

Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:55 am

Maybe I wil dedicate a bit of time each day to search old posts and see what other ridiculous positions you've supported

Dude, you must have a lot of time and desparate feelings to be so aggressive - keep in mind: there are many people in the world, and more opinions. There is not one valid opinion. If someone disagrees with you.. he only has another view, which is at least as valid (in this case much more than yours).. I feel really sorry for you, N67.. and thay BushCheeney Fucker.. - pelole like you spoil the quality of this site .. no matter form my side with other opinions.. but accusing other people like you did is a shame

Mods have been informed by me, deletition suggested.

[Edited 2004-09-28 19:57:08]
"The earth provides enough resources for everyone's need, but not for some people's greed." (Gandhi)

Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:59 am

Mrniji, I appreciate your kind words. Do me a favor and do a search on me and find some inconsistencies in me.

mrniji

Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:03 am

Do me a favor and do a search on me

Sorry, waste of time

and find some inconsistencies in me

Inconsistencies can be a good indicator for a critical, open mind and transforming opinion, someone who listens to others and rethinks opinion in a non-egocentric manner

Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:04 am

Sound just like John Kerry on all of his issues.

L410Turbolet

Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:24 am

Do me a favor and do a search on me and find some inconsistencies in me.

There aren't any. You seem live in two-dimensional black and white world where everything spins around Dumbya. Bush = good, everything else bad. You even like or dislike countries based on some half-serious "election" poll. BTW, I like Poland because they are the only country in the world, besides the U.S, that if the election were today and could vote, would re-elect Bush. Normal person would say "I like Poland because of the people, Krakow, Wieliczka salt mines, the lakes, skiing in Tatras, etc. but you make your judgment based on whether or not they'd vote for Bush. BTW, that criteria makes the list of countries you like kinda short, doesn't it?
I pity you, Ben.
Here's an idea, you're only 16 so nothing's lost. Print your posts, save them and reread them 10, 15 years later after you've seen something outside of your paperbox. Maybe you'll feel slightly embarrassed.

Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:34 am

L410Turbolet, where did I say that I dislike a country for their political views. I simply stated that I like a certain country, and did not criticize any other. NO, my life does not just revolve around Dubya. You are great at judging my character without knowing me.

N6376M

Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:39 am

Mrniji - why is it ok for someone to post whatever they want and then not have their opinions evaluated for merit.

I completely respect Alpha1's right to have an opinion and express it (regardless of how wrong I think it is). In my post I do not editorialize, I do not take statements out of context, I do not do anything but allow readers to evaluate its merits against the backdrop of current events.

It seems to me that the left likes to start substantive arguments yet run to the suggest deletion button when their fallacies are exposed.

N6376M

Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:40 am

By the way, where's the discussion on the site related forum you mention?

mrniji

Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:56 am

are great at judging my character without knowing me.

We know enough about you to know that we mind your way and rather show the public here what big idiot you are. L410Turbolet expressed everything perfectly in words, learn it by heart and try to embed yourself in society while showing some respect for other people and their valuable opinions.. you are only 16, as he says... you still have to learn a lot...

Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:03 am

Who sais I am 16? I am 16-20.

mrniji

Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:28 am

I am 16-20

Big thumbs up .. Yeah, go go go!  Big thumbs up

1. How can you be 4 ages at a time?

2. Why are you afraid of giving details??

Thanks for the laugh  Big thumbs up

Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:30 am

My point is you automatically assume that I am 16. Then you are only an immature 21 year old.

NWA742

Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:40 am

Mrniji,

Funny how you continuously point out Bushcheney2004's younger age, when he seems to be acting a lot more mature than you are.

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

mrniji

Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:03 am

Funny how you continuously point out Bushcheney2004's younger age, when he seems to be acting a lot more mature than you are.

Big thumbs up

People, you are making my day! Really  Big thumbs up

Falcon84

Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:29 pm

Boy are we getting aggressive Alpha1 (if it's okay with you, that's what I'm going to call you because I like it).

OK, you do that, and I'll call you Jackass, because I like it, fair enough?

Defend yourself on substance.

I did. I stood behind my statement that he's a joke. What part of that do you not understand.
Work Right, Fly Hard

N6376M

Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:14 pm

A1, if it makes you feel better to call me "jackass", then by all means go ahead and do so. It's better to vent your anger than keep it bottled up inside.

Remember "serenity now, insanity later."

So rage all you want. Adopt a Howard Deanesque outlook. Let's hear the ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Falcon84

Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:14 pm

Rage? You made me laugh my ass off, actually. If you want to call me by something that is not my name on here, then I must conclude you don't have the intelligence to adjust to what my name is now.

So have fun with it....Jack.
Work Right, Fly Hard

Schoenorama

Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:36 pm

Completely in line with other posters in this topic, here something completely unrelated and off-topic:

"Al-Qa'eda intercepts lost in FBI 120,000-hr file backlog

More than 120,000 hours of intercepted conversations amassed by the FBI during America's war against terrorism have yet to be translated and in some cases have been destroyed, a government investigation has found."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/09/29/wfbi29.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/09/29/ixworld.html
Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!

N6376M

Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:27 pm

Schoenorama -

I saw this on the ABCNews last night. Very scary. Something like 36% of all intercepts were being permanently deleted automatically before they were translated due to a digital recording and archiving system the bureau had in place.

Who knows what those lost intercepts might have foretold.

Alpha1 -

I'm happy I can make you laugh. Don't take this site too seriously, it will accelerate your difficulties. Who knows you might have to quit the site again.

Falcon84

Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:30 pm

Ah, now your real motive comes out. Since you can't beat me on most subjects, your objective is to drive me off, in a rage.

Well, since your hypothesis that I was in a rage to begin with is wrong, then your conclusion certianly won't come to fruition. If Roy or JeffM cant run me off, then you certainly can't.  Big grin
Work Right, Fly Hard

JeffM

Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:33 pm

Run you off? This place is boring when your not around.

N6376M

Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:39 pm

Alpha1 there's no "IF" to running you off - you've already quit once. In the words of GWB - Mission Accomplished. Running you off is fait accompli. What we do from here forward is for shits and giggles.

As for the my ability to wipe the floor with you on most subjects - whatever, whenever you want to debate a topic please let me know. However, I'll remind our viewers that a search of the archives is littered with offers to debate you on substance that you never accepted - in fact ran from most if not all those challanges under your previous alias.

Just one rule - you can't run to the suggestion deletion button if you get beat up too hard.

In the words of your orange looking hero JFK - BRING IT ON!

Falcon84

Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:52 pm

1. Don't flatter yourself. You didn't run me off. That was becuase of a mod. Not any member on here. Maybe it makes your ego feel like you accomplished something on here. Sorry to burst your bubble.

2. You've never wiped the floor on me on most subjects. In fact, in the last two months, you spend more time whining about liberals, than making any substantive remarks on any subject. In fact, I thought being on here, and arguing our points was debate in and of itself? What part of that don't you get.

3. I rarely, if ever, have used the delete button. Those who hit the button when someone says something bad about them (Roy), are wimps, in my view. I can, and always have, handled the heat from whoever doesn't like me on here. Unless it steps way over a line (like when dearly departed SAS23 called me a Nazi), I don't hit that button.

4. I'm here. Hit me with your best shot any time.

5. But you really have to get over this obvious obsession. EmiratesA345 might get jealous.
Work Right, Fly Hard

spinzels

Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:06 pm

Dear N6376m:

Please keep up the attacks, you are driving my RR up!

Thanks in advance,
(Signed)
Falcon84
I've been to Paradise, but I've never been to me

N6376M

Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:28 pm

Alpha1 -

Nice way to avoid the substance - the challange is out there, you pick the subject and we'll debate it. Put up or shut up. But to say that you won't debate because I spend my time whinning about liberal (yet you offer no substance to support that claim) is laughable.

The fact remains that when your record is examined you are shown to be a hack.

Bring it on. You name the topic and I'm ready.

mrniji

Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:31 pm

In the words of GWB - Mission Accomplished

Too bad you are 'so poor a character' you do not have the own vocabulary to express yourself...

Guys, go go go, it is amusement for me - there will be one winner and one user no neutral ground - The winner will be in dignity while the other will have to take a bath in shame  Big thumbs up .. and I think Falcon84 knows whom most of us support - peobably not the old silly frustrated idiot, who has too much time on his hands and whose username begins with an n and ends with an m...  Smile

Falcon84

Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:05 am

Dear N6376m:

Please keep up the attacks, you are driving my RR up!

Thanks in advance,
(Signed)
Falcon84

Now, that was funny, I must admit.  Laugh out loud

N6376m. You offered the challenge. I'll just sit and wait.

I will give you one caveat-you definitely do have the advantage on economic issues, I will say that. You may have a conservative slant, but you usually make sense on that. Me? I let my wife handle the finances.  Smile

Anything else, you pick the subject, I'll be there, my schedule allowing.
Work Right, Fly Hard

Falcon84

Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:02 pm

N6376m, where are you? I'm waiting for you to take up your own challenge?

Or, did you just think better of it?  Laugh out loud
Work Right, Fly Hard

N6376M

Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:48 pm

Alpha1 - unlike you I don't spend 24/7 on this message board. I do spend time with the family and have interest outside this forum.

But I'm checking in this morning. How do you suggest we do this? How about we appoint a mutually agreeable moderator to pick the topics. We could then start one thread a day on the topic. No personal attacks against each other or use of personal attacks against the candidate. A purely substantive debate?

I would suggest CFalk as I find him articulate and well informed on a wide variety of issues.

If you disagree, please offer an alternative suggestion. As a back up plan, I would suggest that we take the questions from the debates. You pick one from each debate and I'll pick one to expand on.

Let me know. If you want to conduct the format discussions in private, send me an e-mail through my profile.

-76M

I'm interviewing administrative assistants today so, I'll be in and out all day.

Falcon84

Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:10 pm

Alpha1 - unlike you I don't spend 24/7 on this message board. I do spend time with the family and have interest outside this forum.

Hey Jack, did you notice the time stamps on my last two posts on here? No? Well, let me insert them here for you:

Posted Wed Sep 29 2004 17:05:35 UTC+1

and

Posted Thu Sep 30 2004 06:02:14 UTC+1

About, oh, 12 hours in between. You see, I posted the first just before I went to work. Got home from work, and spend a ton of time setting up non-rev flights for my wife to DSM, as her mom is very, very ill, and she's going there today, also getting her a rental car set up, and then getting the kids to bed, doing a little laundry, so my wife has all her clothes for her trip, and I just didn't have time to bugger you any sooner.

How do you suggest we do this?

I suggest we just debate the issues as they come up on the threads. Why bore everyone else with our own private threads.

I would suggest CFalk as I find him articulate and well informed on a wide variety of issues.

I would have suggested JetService, as he's not a one-sided wonder like CFalk is.
Work Right, Fly Hard

N6376M

Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:36 pm

I suggest we just debate the issues as they come up on the threads. Why bore everyone else with our own private threads.

Then if this is the case, what do you mean by your previous post asking to accept the challenge?

Falcon84

Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:39 pm

You want to debate the issues, why do it outside the normal give and take on the fourm? I just don't see the need to set up some elaborate thing of our own. There's plenty of issues on here that I'm sure we'll find ourselves on opposite sides-and a few I imagine that we'll find ourselfs in agreement on.

But hey, if you want to simply start a subject, go right ahead. I'll chime in.

But I will ceede economics to you right now.  Big grin
Work Right, Fly Hard

Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:56 pm

Falcon, I'd like to volunteer myself to your debate advisory committee, my first suggestion, hire Spinzels as your fact checker! Big grin

B

spinzels

Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:19 am

Thanks B. Alas, N6376m doesn’t seem up to Falcon’s challenge. That seems strange, doesn't it? I mean, given that he started the thread to begin with.

N6376M

Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:24 am

Spinzels, for your sake I sure hope you practice law better than you evaluate posts on this page. Alpha1 suggest in Reply 42 that we not post separate threads but merely exchange thoughts on regular threads as they arise.

What's the old legal maxim, when the law is on your side, argue the law; when the facts are on your side, argue the facts; and when neither is on your side, just argue. Well there is no issue of law, and the facts don't support your post, so I guess we're left with option #3.

spinzels

Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:23 am

I think my reading comprehension skills are just fine. Here’s what I read: you called out Falcon in the very thread title, insulting him and issuing him a challenge; Falcon gave it right back to you and eventually you backed off your challenge, completely acquiescing to him.

You started the thread, Falcon finished it.

Do you read something different?

N6376M

Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:44 am

I think you obviously missed Reply #39 - particularly in light of Alpha1 first sentence of Reply #42. Now I don't know how one can consider that my acquiescing.

But since facts don't seem to mean anything to you - to each there own.

spinzels

Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:11 am

Actually, facts mean a lot to me. Here’s a fact: you started this thread with the sole purpose of belittling and attacking Falcon; you then ended the thread basically agreeing with Falcon and completely assenting to all of his suggestions.

Check Webster’s , that is acquiescing.

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionarybook=Dictionary&va=acquiescing&x=19&y=18

N6376M

Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:34 am

Spinzels - what a fantastic and appropriate user name for you as you are frequently becoming the spin doctor of the forum.

Unfortunately, repeating something doesn't make it fact. I started this thread to highlight the flaws in a user's reasoning. I have no reason to belittle Alpha1, in fact, he was on my respected users list before he quit. I do think that he frequently makes sweeping generalities that are unsupported by fact or reason - the post on Porter being a perfect example of such.

Secondly, Alpha1 saying that he doesn't want to start a new thread and debate me separately is hardly me assenting to all his suggestions. I would ask, how would you debate someone who doesn't debate?

You can try all the clever wordsmithing and linking to dictionaries you want but sometimes the big picture paints a more accurate story than the hairsplitting discetion of real facts that attorneys favor.

As I've said, whenever Alpha1 or anyone else wants to have a substantive debate on any issue, you let me know and I'll be there. Alpha's already said, at least twice on this post that he won't debate economic matters. So what will he debate?

You can now go back to your dictionary and look up whatever word you'd like and come up with a nice little spin to justify your flawed argument.