mlsrar

Street Fight Sesame St. VS Muppets

Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:52 am

I've thought about this from time-to-time, and even have called random call centers polling strange people about this. (Yes, I realize they're puppets, yes, I realize this is fake)but...

Honestly, if you got down to a gang-style street fight between these two, which gang would come out on top, and be dragging the scalps of their beaten opponents around?
I mean, for the right price I’ll fight a lion. - Mike Tyson

aloges

RE: Street Fight Sesame St. VS Muppets

Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:58 am

Picture Kermit appearing in the German version of Sesame Street (at least he did years ago when I watched it), and you'll be confused forever! Big grin
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

VonRichtofen

Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:59 am

The muppets no contest. That maniac drummer would be unstoppable, though Oscar the grouch could probably rip shit up.

mlsrar

Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:02 am

That maniac drummer would be unstoppable, though Oscar the grouch could probably rip shit up.

That's not discounting the fact that Sesame St. has a freakin' vampire on their side.
I mean, for the right price I’ll fight a lion. - Mike Tyson

mdsh00

Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:14 am

Sesame Street...hands down. You know cookie monster is their greatest weapon.

"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a big fat white guy who is threatened by change."

desertjets

Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:15 am

Well the Muppet gang has a pig with a severe bi-polar disorder. That gives them a decided advantage. Plus a ragtag bunch of assorted monsters, livestock, and rats.

The Sesame St Gang has very little power. A few semi-retarded toddlers (Elmo and Tele), a bird that can't fly, somebody that wallows in garbage all day, an elephant, a glutton for cookies, and a semi-grown man that sleeps with a rubber duckie.

The only thing that they have going for them is the Count... but once he sees some sheep, or trees he'll just start counting and laughing like a sorority girl after a bottle of Boone's. Their best hope is Bert. With all the bitterness, rage, and repressed sexual energy he might have a chance to take on Miss Piggy.

I think the ultimate Sesame St. Street fight would involve Miss Piggy and Bert. Somehow both would be bloody messes of felt and polyester stuffing.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

EA CO AS

Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:17 am

They're ALL Muppets though....so isn't this a contradiction?

Or are you asking for a fight of the Sesame Street Muppets vs. the NON Sesame Street Muppets?

In that case, while the NON SS Muppets have the advantage of sheer numbers, you've got some heavy-hitters on the SS side - Big Bird, Mr. Snuffalupagus, Herry Monster, Barkley the Dog - all of whom could lay a severe hurt on the likes of Animal, Rolf the Dog, Fozzie Bear, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beeker, Miss Piggy, etc.

Animal's got a good reach advantage, along with being freakin' nuts...but Cookie Monster could easily go apeshit and eat his way through the other side's defenses. And Grover's got some long limbs too, so he can stand back and whale away on the less-maneuverable Muppets. Look for them to be key players in battle.

And Kermit's sort of the swing vote, since he represents both sides!

[Edited 2004-09-29 20:21:47]
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

VonRichtofen

Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:20 am

Bert does have a bad side to him no doubt