USAirways737
Topic Author

This Week Sucks (My Rant)

Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:45 pm

Just some background... I'm a freshman at UW-Madison and a pledge at fraternity so this semester is obviously really *ucking busy. So I go to the doctor on Monday because I have had a nasty ass cough for over a week. She says "your fine, heres a cough suppresant and some sudafed, come back if it doesn't get better." So of course it doesn't get better and I go back on Wednesday to try and nip it in the butt before it causes me to miss any school. It turns out there is record number of Whooping Cough illnesses in Madison right now and tells me because we're in the middle of a public health crisis, I am going to have to be isolated/quarantined for 5 days. *yea* Exactly what I DID NOT WANT! So not only am I missing my first college exams, which I will of course have to make up but also I am stuck in my 9x15 dorm room on a friday night while everyone else I know is out having a grand ole time.

Sorry if you read all of this and don't really care. But being on codeine, azithromycine, and being pent up in my room since Wed, with two more days left is really getting to me. Also the anxiety of waiting for my whooping cough tests to come back is pissing me off too. If I come back pos, I could have up to six more weeks of severely painful hacking to live with and the small but possible chance of infecting other people with a bacterium that could be deadly.

Anyone else got a Friday night rant they want to share?

Erik in MSN

CanadianNorth

RE: This Week Sucks (My Rant)

Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:03 pm

I thought my week sucked, guess it could of been alot worse...

CanadianNorth
What could possibly go wrong?