USAFHummer
Topic Author

Ricky To NFL: I Want Back In Again...

Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:50 am

Yes, it looks like America's favorite pot-smoking football player is back at it again...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpNWZic251BF9TAzI1NjY0ODI1BHNlYwN0aA--?slug=ap-rickywilliams-letter&prov=ap&type=lgns

I bet $8.6 million made him put his heart back into it...

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

dl021

RE: Ricky To NFL: I Want Back In Again...

Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:52 pm

The team that takes him, and there will probably be one, will first have to pay Miami for the 8.6mil and then have to pay Ricky whatever he needs to pay for the hashish importation he will require as well as a designated pisser for the testing.

He is a poor risk for football, and would have alot of proving to do before he was a good fit for any TEAM (check it out, no "I" in that word).
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

UALPHLCS

Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:27 pm

I wonder if the folks at WIP will persuade the Philly fans to demand Ricky?

With Buckhalter down the Eagles could use another runningback, and the media will finally shut up about the Philly fans booing the McNabb pick.

A little less Hooah, and a little more Dooah.

garnetpalmetto

Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:29 pm

Looks like his dealers are demanding payment....
South Carolina - too small to be its own country, too big to be a mental asylum.

Mikey711MN

Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:47 pm

D1021, there may not be an "I" but there sure is an "M" and an "E".  Big grin

(sorry, too easy!)

-Mike
I plan on living forever. So far, so good...

KAUST

Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:01 pm

Makes me wonder what exactly he might have been doing when he lived here in Longhorn town.

In the newspapers here was he often touted for how sincere, polite, and all-around nice he was, I can say one thing for sure, at least he IS honest!

KAUST
"Houston, this is Apollo 8. We are now in Lunar orbit."

Mikey711MN

Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:13 pm

KAUST, great town by the way...just got back from another biz trip last week after another enjoyable stay.

This topic came up between myself and a mutual acquaintance down there who apparently attended school at UT during that time. Now I take it with a grain of salt, but in addition to what you talked about, isn't he terribly shy and suffering from social anxiety disorder? At least that he did not at all enjoy any attention that he'd get on the street while his career was peaking as a Longhorn.

-Mike
I plan on living forever. So far, so good...

KROC

Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:30 pm

I love how is agent says in his around the world trip, he has "found the passion for the game again". Give me a break. The prospect of paying back the 8.6 million signing bonus (that would cause him to declare bankruptcy) has nothing to do with it right? Personally the NFL should make an example of him and not let him back. Let him go rot in the CFL.

Usairwys757

Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:35 pm

If I am the Dolphins, I want no part of Ricky Williams. I wouldnt want that lunatic anywhere near my current players, as he quit on them. He has no passion for the game and he never has. All he is doing now is trying to collect his cash, and then he will just walk out on his teammates again. He makes me sick.
Inactive.....

monorail

Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:54 am

So, to recap:
-Williams retires in order to use drugs
-Original rumors of a return are vehemently denied
-Dolphins demand over $8 million for contract breach
-Suddenly, Williams has a change of heart and wants to return.
Hmmm, maybe he does mean well  Big grin
Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs!

EA CO AS

Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:10 am

I love how is agent says in his around the world trip, he has "found the passion for the game again".

Maybe someone should inform him that the "Football" fanatics he encountered while traveling the globe aren't cheering him, but athletes that play a wildly different sport entirely.  Big grin
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

USAFHummer
Topic Author

...for Only One More Season

Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:57 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpNWZic251BF9TAzI1NjY0ODI1BHNlYwN0aA--?slug=ap-dolphins-williams&prov=ap&type=lgns

Yep...this just about confirms it, he's got 8.6 million reasons to make a temporary return...

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

Falcon84

Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:58 pm

I think the NFL should say to Ricky: "You want back in...are you high or something?"  Big grin
Work Right, Fly Hard