Boeing7E7
Topic Author

Simple Solutions To US Politics

Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:50 pm

Rather than whine. Suggest something. I'll start:

1. 10% flat tax.
2. School vouchers for Secondary Education (Public or Private). Make High School competitive like College.
3. Have all states pass a civil union law. A portion of it affirms Marriage as a union between a Man and a Woman. The second portion provides for the rights of Homosexuals.
4. A transportation rivitalization act. Evaluate the aviation system and mandate the construction of new airport facilities as needed. Evaluate new systems such as Maglev to incorporate with flight.
5. Federal Term Limits for all politicians.
6. Privatized Medical Insurance as opposed to socialized health care. Multiple carriers in multiple markets. Competition reduces rates. Premiums would run about $50 a month for a family of 4. Employer deducts funds from pay. Sorted by Zip Code/County or State. People can opt out for different coverage if they want to pay their own way. (More or less a state run program).
7. Overturn R vs. W. Let the States decide if they want Abortion to be legal.
8. Send the UN to a nation that gives a crap.
9. Retract all Military forces abroad and let God sort the rest of the planet out.
10. Stop sending Billions to other countries. The $15 billion spent for Aids in Africa would have fed every child in America or bought all people un-insured insurance.

That takes about half the issues off the table and would stop a lot of whining.

aloges

RE: Simple Solutions To US Politics

Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:00 pm

simple soltuion for a complex problem = not going to work

"8. Send the UN to a nation that gives a crap."

How do you knoe the entire US is not giving "a crap" about the UN? Last time I checked, your country is divided between Bush and Kerry. Given that way too many people didn't even bother to vote the last time (50% or something?), I'd put the portion of the US people that "doesn't give a crap" in a way that makes it vote for a president who doesn't either at 25%, maximum.

"9. Retract all Military forces abroad and let God sort the rest of the planet out."

LOL! Who asked you to go there in the first place? "Splendid Isolation" doesn't work if you want to be the head-honchos of this planet.

"10. Stop sending Billions to other countries. The $15 billion spent for Aids in Africa would have fed every child in America or bought all people un-insured insurance."

OBL mk.II saying "Here I come!" The profit derived from sweat-shops and cheap labour in countries that receive economic aid far outweighs those $15bn, same for the EU & Japan.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Leskova

Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:04 pm

You know, Boeing7E7, the most amusing part of this post is the realisation that you might even honestly think that those "solutions" would solve anything...

Regards,
Frank

P.S.: There is actually one point where I agree with you - number 5...
Smile - it confuses people!

LHMark

Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:33 pm

I'm kinda on board with #5 and #6, although I'd make it possible to vote a politician at term limit back into office with a 2/3 majority, just in case we got a good one.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

sebolino

Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:33 pm

How do the tax on income system work in the states ?
What are the numbers ?

10 % flat sounds like an idea of rich right wing boy, but what is the reality now ?

CaptOveur

Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:36 pm

Wow.. Love those isolationist views.

What are you going to do when the school vouchers have emptied out the public schools and flooded the private schools to the point they can no longer provide a decent education? You forget so easily this is a nation of crybabies who all think they are entitled to something, the very parents that are the problems in the public schools will send their little delinquents to private schools if they don't have to pay.

If you think $15 billion is going to even come close to paying for nationalized health care I want some of what you are smoking.

Term limits are a double edged sword, be careful what you wish for. If you have an effective representative that is doing a good job why get rid of them? This does happen believe it or not.

BTW.. Spell check is still out of action.
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

Elisabete

Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:39 pm

Boening .....I agree some of your points while I disagree with other points. In my opinion, some of your points shift power from the federal govt to the States. I dont know if that is the solution. The Articles of Confederation, which was the first body of laws that governed the USA after the Resolution War, did actually that--give the power to the States. (I think that the Articles were ratified in 1781.) As we know, the Articles only lasted 7 years.

Aloges --and please I don't wish to be disrespectful ...why are you so critical of the USA since you live in a country where there is not even a middle class, full of corruption and thousands of Brazilians fleeing to the USA? I will give you examples. There is a section of Newark, NJ called the Ironbound, where the Portuguese settled since the the 60's or earlier. In the last 5 years or so, Brasilians have invaded that area and continue to come. Why? Because of the Brasilian's economic and social mess. The same applies in NYC, 48th Street, btw Fifth Avenue and 6th Avenue, known as "Little Brazil." The Boston area is another example.

Reading these forums, I noticed that you are one of the members with tons of views and opinions about the USA lololol Please I do think that is great !!!! Now, I ask you --what views and opinions do you have about Brasil? obrigado por a sua resposta  Smile Smile Smile
Get over it ! lol

KYIPpilot

Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:56 pm

Aloges --and please I don't wish to be disrespectful ...why are you so critical of the USA since you live in a country where there is not even a middle class, full of corruption and thousands of Brazilians fleeing to the USA?

AKAIK, Aloges was/is from Germany.
"It starts when you're always afraid; You step out of line, the man come and take you away" -Buffalo Springfield

FlyVirgin744

Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:00 am

Are you in the Libertarian Party? You share a lot of their ideology.
Sometimes I go about in pity for myself and all the while a great wind carries me across the sky.

JGPH1A

Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:05 am

"This has been a party political broadcast on behalf of the Montana 'Sitting in a cave wearing my tinfoil hat surrounded by automatic weapons in case Federal Postal workers in black UN Helicopters get me' Freedom Party."
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

Elisabete

Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:16 am

Kyippilot ---thank you for bringing that to my attention. But, I am under the impression that he now resides in Brasil? Am I incorrect?

Yeah, Aloges, do you live in Bello Horizonte by any chance? please do not mind my spelling ..(I cannot spell for my life lolol)
Get over it ! lol

Boeing7E7
Topic Author

Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:26 am

Are you in the Libertarian Party? You share a lot of their ideology.

http://riponsoc.org/

What are you going to do when the school vouchers have emptied out the public schools and flooded the private schools to the point they can no longer provide a decent education?

What? They going to put a Private school on every corner?

"This has been a party political broadcast on behalf of the Montana 'Sitting in a cave wearing my tinfoil hat surrounded by automatic weapons in case Federal Postal workers in black UN Helicopters get me' Freedom Party."

What? You affraid us leaving Europe would force you to defend yourselves?

If you think $15 billion is going to even come close to paying for nationalized health care I want some of what you are smoking.

Not even maybe, just an example of how we throw money at other nations without taking care of our own first.

How do the tax on income system work in the states ?

Depends on the States needs.

More like 40/60:

Pro-UN: 40% (Liberals), 60% Independents and Conservatives. Yes, contrary to what you beleive a greater portion of the nation is fiscally conservative. The drive for the middle is based on Social issues.

You know, Boeing7E7, the most amusing part of this post is the realisation that you might even honestly think that those "solutions" would solve anything...

Unable to make a suggestion? Only able to be a critic?

LOL! Who asked you to go there in the first place? "Splendid Isolation" doesn't work if you want to be the head-honchos of this planet.

Check the history. Especially in Europe. We're already the head honchos. Our concern should be with protecting our own borders, not someone elses.

EA CO AS

Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:44 am

Federal Term Limits for all politicians

I wholeheartedly DISAGREE with this one. Why should we be barred from voting for someone who has an exemplary record and replace them - potentially by someone who is un or underqualified - just because some arbitrary number of years of service have passed?

It seems illogical to prevent the electorate from having their will heard, which is exactly what term limits do.

And for the record, I'm an opponent of the 22nd Amendment as well.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

JGPH1A

Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:45 am

RE: What? You affraid us leaving Europe would force you to defend yourselves ?

Defend ourselves from what ? Saddam's phantom WMD's ? I think we'll manage. Anyway, the number one target of the Axis of Evil is you lot. Our biggest problem at the moment is oildrums with illegal migrants perched on them, floating over from Libya - don't need too many squillion dollar B2's to see them off. A couple of well-aimed beer cans should do the job.

P.S. Calm down - my post was gentle ribbing, nothing more. As our newly established resident "Genghis Khan was a liberal panty-waist" arch-fascist, you have to expect this  Laugh out loud
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

Boeing7E7
Topic Author

Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:55 am

I wholeheartedly DISAGREE with this one. Why should we be barred from voting for someone who has an exemplary record and replace them - potentially by someone who is un or underqualified - just because some arbitrary number of years of service have passed?

California. Politicians run-amuck is the best justification for Term Limits.

JGPH1A

Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:56 am

There should only be a single limiting factor to a political term of office. The results of the next election. That's democracy, baby !

CaptOveur

Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:01 am

"Politicians run-amuck is the best justification for Term Limits."

That is what we call irresponsible voters. If a politician is a retard, vote them out. This is not a hard concept. If they were really that bad I doubt people would keep voting for them, and not agreeing with one persons politics is not an excuse to impose limits on them.

Boeing7E7
Topic Author

Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:01 am

Once again, we live in a Republic. For the umpteenth time.

The electorate in CA has become so self indulgent that they vote for whoever offers the most. We can't provide everything to everyone. So, as a result, the State is damn near bankrupt and they STILL want to send irresponsible "spend at will" politicians to Sacramento.

Leskova

Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:04 am

The electorate in CA has become so self indulgent that they vote for whoever offers the most. We can't provide everything to everyone. So, as a result, the State is damn near bankrupt and they STILL want to send irresponsible "spend at will" politicians to Sacramento.

Welcome to the world - you have, just this moment, made a comment that displays how politics work in just about every society where people are allowed to vote for their tormentors... err, politicians: they usually follow the one who promises the most, usually they don't care whether there's anything even resembling reality in the promises: as long as the promises sound good, they'll vote for that candidate.

See? The US isn't that different from the world out here...  Big grin

Regards,
Frank
Smile - it confuses people!

Boeing7E7
Topic Author

Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:07 am

So we should remove Bush's term limits then.

EA CO AS

Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:12 am

The electorate in CA has become so self indulgent that they vote for whoever offers the most.

Unfortunately, that's the way the entire nation is headed.

And I seem to recall a famous quote saying:

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship."

Let's hope our slide down this slippery slope ends soon - but I firmly believe that term limits will simply encourage new politicians to replace old ones by continuing to promise benefits from the public treasury.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

EA CO AS

Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:16 am

So we should remove Bush's term limits then.

Yes - the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States should be repealed, in my opinion.

There should not be a law restricting the number of times ANY politician can serve in any capacity. In a way, it is a violation of freedom of speech of the electorate, as their will is being suppressed arbitrarily in the name of "fairness."

JGPH1A

Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:18 am

If it is the will of the American people (as misguided as that may seem) to elect George Walker Bush to multiple terms as President, that should be their right. So far they haven't even elected him once (oh, lighten up !)

What does that mean, anyway ? "We live in a Republic". Yes. So do North Koreans. So do Iranians. The USA also has a Constitution guaranteeing regular ELECTION of Representatives, Senators and the President - hence a Democracy.

Boeing7E7
Topic Author

Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:23 am

Yes. We elect representatives. That's why it's called a Republic. A Democracy would be mahem. Imagine voting on every little item that came across the table.

EA CO AS

Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:23 am

What does that mean, anyway ? "We live in a Republic".

We're getting technical, but it's a reminder that we do not live in a pure democracy, but a representative republic.

People (particularly in the U.S.) mistakenly believe we live in a pure democracy, where each person votes on EVERYTHING instead of having representatives doing it on their behalf.

Boeing7E7
Topic Author

Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:24 am

I guess we covered that one.

The design of our political system was to keep any one person or group from completely controlling the nation. Not having term limits will ensure that at some point in time we become a single party country. Term limits ensures that there will always be a change at a defined point in time.

[Edited 2004-10-07 18:26:31]

JGPH1A

Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:29 am

The USA is far more democratic than just Federal and State representatives. I don't know how widespread this is, but many ordinary public officials are elected, such as Sheriffs, Judges, District Attorneys (?)- far more than in other Western countries, where only legislative representatives are elected, and some Presidents.

Yes possibly a pure democracy as per the original Greek definition would be difficult to manage, but term limits are artificial and profoundly anti-democratic. Where a position of power is subject to electoral choice and electoral review, if the holder of that position is able to retain the confidence of the electorate, he/she should retain the post. Period.

photopilot

Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:54 am

You've got to be kidding.....

1. 10% flat tax.
"Let them eat cake I say" didn't work for Marie Antionette, and it won't work now either

2. School vouchers for Secondary Education (Public or Private). Make High School competitive like College.
make all education right through university fully government funded through general tax revenues. The strength of a nation is in the education of it's youth. Equal opportunity for all, not just those who were born with a silver spoon.

3. Have all states pass a civil union law. A portion of it affirms Marriage as a union between a Man and a Woman. The second portion provides for the rights of Homosexuals.
Must be National Law. Otherwise inequality exists from region to region.

4. A transportation rivitalization act. Evaluate the aviation system and mandate the construction of new airport facilities as needed. Evaluate new systems such as Maglev to incorporate with flight.
agreed

5. Federal Term Limits for all politicians.
agreed

6. Privatized Medical Insurance as opposed to socialized health care. Multiple carriers in multiple markets. Competition reduces rates. Premiums would run about $50 a month for a family of 4. Employer deducts funds from pay. Sorted by Zip Code/County or State. People can opt out for different coverage if they want to pay their own way. (More or less a state run program).
NATIONAL HEALTH CARE AND PRESCRIPTION DRUG PLAN. Sick people produce no tax revenue. Health should be a basic human right, not a commodity.

7. Overturn R vs. W. Let the States decide if they want Abortion to be legal.
Let a WOMAN decide what is best for her. Keep ALL politicians and religious fanatics out of it.

8. Send the UN to a nation that gives a crap.
Make the United States live up to the RESPONSIBILITIES of being a member of this planet. Might doesn't always make right

9. Retract all Military forces abroad and let God sort the rest of the planet out.
10. Stop sending Billions to other countries. The $15 billion spent for Aids in Africa would have fed every child in America or bought all people un-insured insurance.
9&10 - Build a 100' high wall around the USA. We'll promise to keep out.... if you all promise to stay in. The world will be a happier place.

That takes about half the issues off the table and would stop a lot of (U.S.A.) whining

A world citizen.

Elisabete

Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:02 am

Photopilot ---Canada may promise to keep out of the USA, but definitely not Mexico (the other neighbor) and the rest of the world .....

Only the USA whines??? really?? interesting ....
Get over it ! lol

CaptOveur

Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:04 am

make all education right through university fully government funded through general tax revenues. The strength of a nation is in the education of it's youth. Equal opportunity for all, not just those who were born with a silver spoon.

So we can let college education degrade to the point high school has. At present everyone who can afford to be is in college, it doesn't matter if they know why they are there or not. To deal with the overcrowding many colleges are turning into degree factories, you go, pay them a lot of money, sit through a bunch of classes, halfheartedly study, and graduate with no more actual knowledge than you had when you applied.

Either schools need to fix their admissions policies to not letting everyone in or there needs to be some sort of fix in place to keep all but the truly motivated out. If someone wants to go to college bad enough in this country and they are willing to do the work they can go. Lets keep the entitlement crowd out. Supply and demand is a bitch, the demand is there, the money is there, the schools would be stupid to turn people away, that might hurt the bottom line.

A generation of people with college degrees but no education is not going to strengthen our nation, it will weaken it. Yeah it would be nice if it was free but we can't afford to pay for free education or free health care.

Fix the high schools and the rest will follow. Throwing money at the high schools is not the problem though. The cure starts at home with parents that give a shit. I say make high school optional, if someone wants to be ignorant. Let them. This will take the unmotivated students out of the running and let those of us who care excel.

MD11Engineer

Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:06 am

How do you want to prevent private health insurance companies (Who are in the market for profit after all) from picking their clients according to the best risks? They will hand out questionaires about the customer´s past health record and WILL refuse customers who will be a
"bad risk", meaning where the company is most likely to shell out money instead of just cashing in on the premiums, either through the amount of the premiums (makin them unaffordable) or by simply refusing to insure people.

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

iakobos

Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:23 am

"The $15 billion spent for Aids in Africa"

I know you blindly believe the guy who throws this in the arena to show how good he is, but for your information 7E7, not a single $ has been spent so far, and the tactics used to keep the cash machine closed seem to indicate it was only a hollow promise for political purposes.

L.1011

Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:56 am

Sebolino,

http://www.savings-bonds-alert.com/us-tax-rates.html

Information on various state taxes is here. http://www.retirementliving.com/RLtaxes.html. Counties and towns/cities also pose taxes, although many states restrict what taxes and how much they can charge, and both federal and state laws force all tax regimes below them to adhere to certain criteria, such as certain deductions for the elderly and such.

Boeing7E7
Topic Author

Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:16 am

Must be National Law. Otherwise inequality exists from region to region.

There's never been a national marriage law, yet every state has a marriage law. It's always been a state to state. Now you know why a national law was voted down.

N6376M

Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:27 am

Simple answers to a matter as complex as the budget just show ignorance.

First of all, tell us how much revenue a 10% flat tax will generate?
While you're at it, define income? Does it include capital gains? How about gifts? Prize winnings? How about zero coupon bonds - when exactly do you recognize the income (ratably throughout the bond's life or at maturity)? Do companies pay 10% tax on their GAAP income or do we still have to retain the internal revenue code to define differences? What differences you ask? Well how about depreciation to start?

Do companies with international operations pay tax on their global activities or just those connected with the US? Does the same rule apply to foreign companies with US activities?

Are you going to keep the 100 shareholder limitation on S corps or are you simply going to do away with this aspect of the US tax code? How about mortgage interest? A flat tax implies no deductions, therefore aren't we taking away a major incentive for home ownership?

On the corporate side, will the flat tax be on gross income or net income? If so how does a company that carries inventory value it for calculating cost of goods sold? How do you account for stock options and deferred compensation? If the tax is flat, do we eliminate the advantage of a 401(K)? Come on if it's simple you should be able to answer just the questions I came up with off the top of my head.

There's so much other stupidity in the post that I'm going to have to make fun of the other posts later.

Boeing7E7
Topic Author

Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:33 am

First of all, tell us how much revenue a 10% flat tax will generate?
While you're at it, define income? Does it include capital gains? How about gifts? Prize winnings? How about zero coupon bonds - when exactly do you recognize the income (ratably throughout the bond's life or at maturity)? Do companies pay 10% tax on their GAAP income or do we still have to retain the internal revenue code to define differences? What differences you ask? Well how about depreciation to start?

We're talking about income tax, not corporate tax. And, it's a flat tax. Everyone pays.

garnetpalmetto

Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:35 am

There's never been a national marriage law, yet every state has a marriage law. It's always been a state to state.

To try to expand on 7E7's rather simple explanation, like traffic law, family law has usually been a matter the Federal government has left to the states. As you can imagine, there's inherently differences from state to state for even regular marriage. Here in South Carolina, for instance, one could marry their first cousin if they so desired (hold all jokes, please  Big grin) whereas in another state, say Wisconsin, for instance, that would be illegal. The age at which one can enter marriage varies from state to state and, up until a few years ago it was (at least in theory) for people of different races to marry in some states due to anti-miscegenation laws. At this point, it would be very difficult indeed to reconcile these varying laws. Who's to say which is more correct - no marriage without parental consent until age 18 or until age 16? At what point is someone too closely related to be married to someone else? While on one end it might clear up lots of variance, it would also be an immense headache.
South Carolina - too small to be its own country, too big to be a mental asylum.

Superfly

Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:40 am

Boeing7E7 cuts & paste the Republican Party platform.

Gee you're really talented.  Yeah sure

The $15 billion spent for Aids in Africa would have fed every child in America or bought all people un-insured insurance.

Don't forget we're wasting even more in to Israel which is the size of Orange County yet the continent of Africa is almost 4 times the United States.
Bring back the Concorde

Boeing7E7
Topic Author

Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:47 am

Boeing7E7 cuts & paste the Republican Party platform.

Errr... Nope. Unless you mean the real Republican party not the one that's been taken hostage.

http://riponsoc.org/

Superfly

Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:54 am

Boeing7E7:

- Strengthen the American family....

Wouldn't that require government intrution?  Confused

The government needs to leave families alone. What about those that choose not to raise a family?
Should they be marginalized and shut out of the political process?
Bring back the Concorde

Boeing7E7
Topic Author

Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:55 am

Depends on what your definition of is is...

aloges

Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:55 am

To Elisabete: I am German and live in Germany. I just like Brazil a lot for personal reasons, and hence changed "my" flag to the Brazilian one. It's also the only flag present in my room.  Laugh out loud
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

N6376M

Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:00 am

Boeing7e7 - there is a corporate income tax. Genius. But in any case, get cracking on the other question.

N6376M

Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:08 am

Yeah - I thought so.

Boeing7E7
Topic Author

Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:13 am

Now you see. As a conservative, you're the kind of conservative I can't stand. Now you will get no response.

N6376M

Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:46 am

What about my brand of conservativism can't you stand? Is it the fact that I managed to show how ridiculous your proposals were?

Boeing7E7
Topic Author

Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:49 am

The fact that you didn't give one a chance to respond. You think I sit here all day like you do?

One last thing. If we are looking at President Kerry in a month, it will be because of people like you. You should perhaps do some reading on Lincoln. He'd be pissed.

[Edited 2004-10-08 17:53:00]

N6376M

Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:46 am

The fact that you didn't give one a chance to respond. You think I sit here all day like you do?

Your ignorance is amazing. My reply 42 was at 300Z, the next post was at 1700Z. In the meantime you had posted 21 times according to your profile between these two posts.

at 603, 607, 612, 617, 619, 626, 628, 630, 633, 634, 636, 637 (twice!) 645, 649, 650, 654, 655, 657, 711 and 713.

Furthermore in 69 days, you've posted 558 times for an average of 8.08 x / day. In 424 days on the forum, I've post 2092 for an average of 4.9 x / day. Seems like you're spending about 64% more time than I am.

So of the two of us, who seems to spend all day on this forum?

In any case, you still haven't answered any of the questions.

As for a Kerry victory being my fault - I doubt that. A well educated voter is the best ally GWB has.

[Edited 2004-10-08 18:49:59]

Boeing7E7
Topic Author

Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:11 am

You must be the hall monitor.

BTW... You're a Florida voter, so don't talk to me about education.

[Edited 2004-10-08 19:15:30]

N6376M

Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:21 am

Not the hall monitor, the bullshit police and you've been busted.

Funny how you keep attacking me but forget to answer the substantive question.

As for my ability to vote, I live in North Central Florida not in S Fla.

The problems with Republicans like you is that you're all talk and no substance. You repeat the party line without ever considering the implications. You offer sound bite answers to very complex problems and then fail to understand exactly what the impact of what you are proposing.