Falcon84
Topic Author

For All Those Who Don't Like Political Debate

Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:40 am

If you don't like political discussion, and don't want to get involved in them, I have a suggestion for you: DON'T! And don't go posturing to the rest of us to shut up, and stop discussing political subjects.

The beauty of this forum, is you can pick and choose what you want to discuss. But it's pointless and childless to tell the rest of us, no matter what our political tendancies, to cease and desist. As long as we remain within forum rules, anything can be discussed.

So again, if you don't want to discuss politics, that's great, but please, don't tell the rest of us we can't. Thank you.
Work Right, Fly Hard

DLKAPA

RE: For All Those Who Don't Like Political Debate

Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:42 am

Ok F-A-L-C-O-N,

you want to discuss politics, that's just fine. But dont discuss them in a thread that specifically asks NOT to discuss politics.

Respect others opinions, then others will respect yours.
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

Schoenorama

Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:22 am

DLKAPA:

Perhaps you should become a Paying First Class Member as Falcon84 before you can tell other people what NOT to discuss on this board.

I am a non-paying member as yourself, but I don't go around telling other people what should and what shouldn't be discussed.

Just my 2 cents...
Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!

DLKAPA

Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:54 am

Oooh you don't have a real argument so you have to go against the college kid who can't afford a first class membership. Wow you sure showed your maturity with that one. btw in case you didn't know, I PAID 25 bucks to get this username, so the argument that I'm on as a freebie is out the door too.
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

theCoz

Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:21 am

Falcon84 is 100% right in my book. People need to learn that the Internet is about sharing information, not about censoring information.

vaporlock

Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:21 pm

Falcon84, well said!!! If someone doesn't like what a Topic is about...then don't read it or participate by responding.  Big thumbs up

SSTjumbo, I agree!!! LOL

Phyllis  Wink/being sarcastic

KROC

Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:45 pm

Hey Falcon. If people don't like political debates, who ar you to tell them to get over it? Come on now.

Falcon84
Topic Author

Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:46 pm

Hey KROC, I'm not telling them to get over anything, only that if they do not want to enter into political debate, they should just stay away from said threads. That's not dictating to them what they do on here, merely common sense. DLKAPA was outright suggesting that no one talk politics, and that's dictating to the rest of us what we should do.

Again, there are a myriad of threads on here that do not deal with politics. Pick something out from those you like, and run with it, but please do not tell the rest of us to stop discussing politics.
Work Right, Fly Hard

LHMark

Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:53 pm

Unfortunately, many threads that have nothing to do with politics get hijacked and become political. Hell, you could post a thread about how you love chocolate-chip brownies and by reply #16, some froth-mouthed conservative is screaming something about the evils of Kerry and liberals.

For political topics, I agree. Fair game.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

KROC

Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:00 pm

LHMark makes a great point Falcon. You're good buddy RSmith can't make a post anywhere withough spewing the evils of Bush, or B757300 about Kerry. A thread about Superman dying gets hijacked by RSmith. Come on now.

Falcon84
Topic Author

Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:05 pm

KROC, first don't suppose Rsmith is my "good buddy". I think he's a lunatic of the left surely as B757300 is a lunatic of the right. He takes things way over the line, which is why you never see me defend the guy. And I don't see any post of his on the Superman thread, so I assume it was deleted, and if he did what you say-of which I have no doubt he did-it was deleted and rightly so.

But if you're going to lump me in with him, I suggest you think twice about it. I'm not in his class.  Smile
Work Right, Fly Hard

N6376M

Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:50 pm

Every now and then Falcon is right on. This message board is becoming just like the US (the United States of the Offended). The beauty of this media is that the user has the ultimate choice. If you don't like something don't read it.

If you oppose political discussions, don't click on threads that include the words, Bush, Cheney, Edwards, Kerry, or Iraq on them. Simple.

aa61hvy

Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:52 pm

Schoenorama-
Being a veteran member, I have just as much right to suggest something as someone who pays first class prices. I click on the ads. I read the ads. I'm doing my part.
Go big or go home

N6376M

Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:57 pm

Schoenorama -

AA61Hvy also adds entertainment value to the site with descriptions of his homoerotic infatuation with KROC. They're like two lovers denying their forbidden love.

aa61hvy

Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:58 pm

We're like Romeo and Juliet.
Go big or go home

N6376M

Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:01 pm

Who is who?

aa61hvy

Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:03 pm

KROC IS prettier than me....
Go big or go home

Falcon84
Topic Author

Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:03 pm

Who is who?

Is that like saying "how do you define the word 'is'?"  Big grin
Work Right, Fly Hard

JGPH1A

Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:05 pm

"But soft, what light through yonder window breaks ? 'Tis the east, and KROC is the Moderator !"

"AA16Hvy, AA16Hvy, wherefore art thou AA16Hvy ? Deny thy father and put off thy username !"
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

Schoenorama

Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:28 pm

DLKAPA:

"Oooh you don't have a real argument so you have to go against the college kid who can't afford a first class membership.

???? Where did I say that? I suspect you have some kind of inferiority complex due to you age, which I BTW did not check before I posted as I believe it is irrelevant.

"Wow you sure showed your maturity with that one"

I never intended to 'show my maturity' to you nor anyone else, kid.

Aa61hvy:

"Being a veteran member, I have just as much right to suggest something as someone who pays first class prices."

True, yet there is a slight difference between suggesting what not to talk about and openly calling for and end to all political debates on a.net.

N6376m:

"Schoenorama -

AA61Hvy also adds entertainment value to the site with descriptions of his homoerotic infatuation with KROC. They're like two lovers denying their forbidden love.
"

My remarks weren't aimed at AA61Hvy. I have no intention whatsoever to 'get involved' with AA61Hvy. I'll leave that to KROC  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

CaptOveur

Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:58 pm

Falcon,

Shut up. You post more than Scotty and don't really make any more sense than he does. Most of us paid money to be here so we can bitch about the moronic threads you beat off all over as much as we want. I hope you enjoyed the debate Friday, I was doing other things, as were many other people who are just sick of politics. I understand that you cream your jeans every time Bush messes up a word or Kerry tells us he won 3 purple hearts but can't you go vent about this crap somewhere else? probably 75% of the people actively reading this message board couldn't care less about the election.
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

Falcon84
Topic Author

Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:05 pm

Captoveur, it's amazing this obsession you have with me. I don't understand it, nor do I particularly care, but it's getting pretty obsessive.

And it's funny you, or anyone else, tells anyone else to shut up on here.

As for the rest of your childish thread, it doesn't even deserve to be commented on, although deletion of it might be in order. You've obviously got a problem with me, and guess what? I really don't care. I'll keep posting on here as often or as little as I want, and maybe I'll do it just to piss you off.

What's really funny is you say you're sick of politics, when you're one of the main flamers on the right. Does the word "hypocrite" sound about right?

Laugh out loud
Work Right, Fly Hard

CaptOveur

Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:14 pm

"What's really funny is you say you're sick of politics, when you're one of the main flamers on the right. Does the word "hypocrite" sound about right?"

Show me a political thread where I posted anything of any substance within say, the last month.

But, while we are discussing hypocracy.

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/non_aviation/read.main/633827/6/

Seriously man, it is 10am where you are and you are already spamming A.net. I am here because I am killing time before a class, you are here all day and all night every day. Don't you have a job? A family? A dog? Something?

Just shows the lack of maturity on your side of the fence, people speak out about being sick of hearing you preach from the soapbox and you tell them to shut up. I think telling the political cheerleaders to shut their pie-hole is free speech at its finest.

Klaus

Captoveur

Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:18 pm

Captoveur: Show me a political thread where I posted anything of any substance within say, the last month.

That basically being the point, I´d say...  Wink/being sarcastic

tbar220

Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:45 pm

Faclon,

please do not tell the rest of us to stop discussing politics.

Crikey dude, did he hurt your feelings by doing that? You need to lighten up man. You're being hypocritical. If you don't want people to tell you what to post, then don't tell them the same thing, which is the way I see it in this thread. And for Christ's sake, if you don't want to hear it, just ignore it. It just sounds like you're being so whiny in this thread. I'm sure you're not like this in person...are you?
NO URLS in signature

Falcon84
Topic Author

Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:46 pm

Show me a political thread where I posted anything of any substance within say, the last month.

Therein lies the problem-the word "substance". You answered you own question.

Seriously man, it is 10am where you are and you are already spamming A.net. I am here because I am killing time before a class, you are here all day and all night every day.

ROTFLMAO. I'm killing time before going to work. Already done some laundry, some dishes, took my shower, set up my parents' non-rev trip to PHX tomorrow. Sounds like I've done more than you. Oh, and you'll notice, if you bother to look, student, that in about an hour, you'll see about a 10 hour gap when I DON'T post, becuase I'm at work.

Don't you have a job?

Yes. I clock in just before 1pm. Clock out around 930pm. Next question?

A family?

My wife's at work-she goes in at about 3am till about 1pm. My daughter is a freshman in high school, my oldest son in 6th grade, and the little guy is in kindergarten, so they're all at school, keeping up their good grades. Next?

A dog?

Yeah, this beagle is pretty lazy. She's sleeping on her own corner of the couch, dreaming about chasing a bone or something.

And at night, when I get home just after 10pm, the kids are in bed, and my wife, who, like I said, clocks in at 3am, is asleep for the most part. Any more question, that make you look foolish?

Stop obsessing, and making such a freaking fool of yourself, student, and concentrate on your studies.
Work Right, Fly Hard

tbar220

Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:52 pm

No wonder you seem so crabby to me Falcon, you never get to see your wife awake! Crikey, she leaves for work when you're asleep, and comes home when you're at work. By the time you come home, she's probably asleep. No offense, but I would hate to be in your sitaution.
NO URLS in signature

Falcon84
Topic Author

Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:58 pm

No offense, but I would hate to be in your sitaution.

Why? Because we do what we have to do to make a living? We've put up with stuff like that most of the 16+ years we've been married. We spend a lot of time together on the weekends, and we take one or two trips for ourselves each year, along with at least one with the kids.

It's not ideal, and I would LOVE to have a 9 to 5 job (people who have never had to work odd hours can't understand that), but we make it work, and we have a very happy, very close-knit family, despite the ravings of CaptObsession.
Work Right, Fly Hard

tbar220

Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:02 am

I would hate it because I would never get to see my wife. I can tell you now that I would never resort to only getting to see my wife on the weekends if I was in love with her and planning to spend the rest of my life with her. I'm not talking you or your decision down, I'm just stating a personal decision I would personally make with my life.

I mean, there's got to be another way for you to make a living where your kids can be happy, and you and your wife can spend more time together. Even just an hour or two a day. So that you don't have to spend so much time on this website!  Laugh out loud
NO URLS in signature

Boeing4ever

Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:09 am

Very interesting thread. Since I'm on October Break from college, I'll chime in with my two cents...I'll wager most of you are about to predict exactly what I'm going to say...

This particular political season is the most hotly contested that I can remember. It's a close race, and each party is fighting hard for each and every undecided vote. However, there is a REASON why voter turnout is so low in most elections, at least among a large group of voters.

What is that reason? Well, let's name some names, yeah I know, it's not appropriate, but someone mentioned (ok, I'll scramble the letters to protect the identities but still give you an idea) RsmtihS and 5B37007. These two are perfect examples of what I call political terrorists. They obsess about the other side, and use scare and slam tactics to discourage people from voting for the other side. They are corrupted and blind to the world around them. All they see is this "epic struggle" between the left wing and right wing. They get to a point where they no longer discuss politics, just sling mud.

And THAT'S what 99.5% of the political discussions on A.net are. Mud slinging. I have RARELY seen anyone say anything of meaningful substance on these boards. And those that have, usually end up leaving, like NormalSpeed for example. There are certain users, many more actually than the aforementioned political terrorists who hijack non-political threads and turn them into mud slinging fests. Certain users' actions in threads about the deaths of former presidents, or actors, or Pat Tillman are low and dispicible. Yes, all three are intertwined in politics in one way or another, but what those users did, was sling mud...nothing more. They gloated over the deaths, and attempted to use them to their advantage. BOTH sides are guilty of this...no doubt about it. It takes two to tango. Even threads as simple as "post your pic" have the potential to take a venimous turn towards a political flamefest.

No one is asking for an end to political debate on A.net (though we might as well, since little or no users know the difference between a friendly debate and a flamefest). We want an end to the BS threads on politics that only serve to inflame, and an end to the flaming. Remember in the end, America gets hurt by all of this as the truth becomes harder and harder to find. The voter gets screwed.

Fact is, with the behaviors of Bush and Kerry lately, and with the lies and half-truths being spit out, George Washington was right to be against political parties. Abraham Lincoln stated that a house divided against itself cannot stand. If the terrorists do win, it will be because of our now bitterly divided politics, and the key players who made it so. The two most dangerous terrorist groups threatening the United States of America don't go by the names of Al Qaida or Hezbollah, they go by Democratic Party and Republican Party.

B4e-Forever New Frontiers

[Edited 2004-10-11 17:12:13]

Schoenorama

Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:08 am

What I really don't understand about certain people calling an end to all political debates on a.net is why they read those political-threads in the first place! Above we have one particular user who openly admits he is 'sick of politics' but instead of not reading and not participating in political threads, he 'demands' another user that does to 'shut up'.

This is an open discussion board. The server is not located in a Communist country where all political debate is strictly forbidden. I am not particularly interested in threads about Automatic of Manual Transmission, the Peugeot 206 or whether or not there are any Scientologists on a.net, and all I do is simply not read nor posts in those threads. As simple as that. Now imagine I would go into the 'Peugeot 206' -thread, tell all participants to shut up because I am so 'sick of car-threads'. Wouldn't that be weird? Unfortunately, some poster don't have any problem with that...

Boeing4ever:

"No one is asking for an end to political debate on A.net (though we might as well, since little or no users know the difference between a friendly debate and a flamefest). We want an end to the BS threads on politics that only serve to inflame, and an end to the flaming. "

Who's this 'we' you are talking about? Does that include me? I certainly hope not. And how do you define "BS threads on politics"? Is that according to your standards alone?

There are already some very extense posting rules on a.net. Unfortunately, these are not always followed. It's the latter which causes normal debates to turn into flamefests and not because the threads are political. It can happen to any thread, as the typical A vs. B threads have shown over and over again!

CaptOveur

Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:47 am

"We spend a lot of time together on the weekends," -Alpha1/Falcon84

When hes not glued to the A.net boards

"Certain users' actions in threads about the deaths of former presidents, or actors, or Pat Tillman are low and dispicible."

Isn't Pat Tillman that TV preacher that wants everyone to send him a thousand dollars? If that is the case, no I don't miss him, and we all know he's not looking down on us from heaven.

Boeing4ever

Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:01 am

Who's this 'we' you are talking about? Does that include me? I certainly hope not. And how do you define "BS threads on politics"? Is that according to your standards alone?

I love how you latched onto 'we'. Seems you didn't fully comprehend the meaning of that, but 'we' defines the people who are sick of the political threads. "BS threads on politics" are defined as those intentionally started to begin flamefests, as our good aforementioned friends RsmtihS and 5B37007 start. It's not hard to see the problem. Take your example. The Peugeot 206 thread you mentioned. It's obviously a car thread. But how would you feel if certain obsessive users turned this car thread into Bush vs. Kerry. It happens too often. The Political Terrorists on this thread run around turning any and all threads they can into their battlefield...and those users who follow your advice and "avoid" political threads find those threads literally coming to them.

There are already some very extense posting rules on a.net. Unfortunately, these are not always followed. It's the latter which causes normal debates to turn into flamefests and not because the threads are political. It can happen to any thread, as the typical A vs. B threads have shown over and over again!

No one is denying this, but that is not a good excuse.

Mikey711MN

Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:02 am

[tongue firmly in cheek]

I don't think we should be talking about this...
I plan on living forever. So far, so good...

Boeing4ever

Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:03 am

Isn't Pat Tillman that TV preacher that wants everyone to send him a thousand dollars? If that is the case, no I don't miss him, and we all know he's not looking down on us from heaven.

I might be getting the name wrong, but I believe Pat Tillman is the NFL player who turned down a 20 mil contract and went to fight in Afghanistan, later killed in action.

CaptOveur

Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:04 am

I could be wrong too.. but thank you for the clarification.

dl021

Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:47 am

Cptoveur...Pat Tillman was the soldier who enlisted after 9-11 turning down a multi-million dollar contract to continue to play football with the Arizona Cardinals. He joined up with his brother and they both served with the 75th Ranger Regiment. His sacrifice went beyond just money and fame that goes along with being a professional athlete, he gave his time, sweat spirit, and in the end, his life.

He was definitely not the TV preacher...look it up.

Ian
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

EA CO AS

Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:58 am

"But soft, what light through yonder window breaks ? 'Tis the east, and KROC is the Moderator !"

"AA16Hvy, AA16Hvy, wherefore art thou AA16Hvy ? Deny thy father and put off thy username !"

And the thread spirals out of control...

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

Schoenorama

Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:45 am

Boeing4ever:

"I love how you latched onto 'we'. Seems you didn't fully comprehend the meaning of that, but 'we' defines the people who are sick of the political threads."

YOU are sick of political threads? Since when? You've been pretty active lately in those political threads. Why post if you hate them so much?

""BS threads on politics" are defined as those intentionally started to begin flamefests"

You mean, like saying "Watching idiots like DC10guy and BushCheney2004..." as you did in another thread? That's certainly a way to start a flamefest. The rest of the post which you started with the mentioned phrase was OK and I even agreed with you, but why the insults?

"But how would you feel if certain obsessive users turned this car thread into Bush vs. Kerry. It happens too often."

There's the forum- and posting rules. Posts should be on-topic.

"The Political Terrorists on this thread run around turning any and all threads they can into their battlefield."

Again, posting-rules. Those rules weren't made up for the single reason to give the moderators some kind of general guidelines to use when deleting certain threads, they were made up as a guideline to posters before they post. The guidelines are there to keep the debate healthy and on-topic and if at least the 'on-topic rule' would be followed by all posters, less non-political threads would turn into 'political-threads'. I also believe that the Moderators should remove off-topic posts sooner and more often and perhaps even ban a user for X days if he/she has broken the off-topic rule on a number of occasions.

"I might be getting the name wrong, but I believe Pat Tillman is the NFL player who turned down a 20 mil contract and went to fight in Afghanistan, later killed in action."

Perfect example of an off-topic post.

Boeing4ever

Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:08 am

YOU are sick of political threads? Since when? You've been pretty active lately in those political threads. Why post if you hate them so much?

LOL! THIS is the first thread I've posted in on this site in nearly a month! (with possible exeption of the "We're Nuts!" thread, though I forget how long ago that was) I'm a little busy in college now. Show some proof that I've been active lately. I'll give you a cookie if you do.

You mean, like saying "Watching idiots like DC10guy and BushCheney2004..." as you did in another thread? That's certainly a way to start a flamefest. The rest of the post which you started with the mentioned phrase was OK and I even agreed with you, but why the insults?

I don't launch into "Watching idiots like DC10guy and BushCheney2004" in every potential thread. The "idiots" can rest easy from time to time. Other users obsess with each other and carry their wars across the board. Take 74NB7 (name scrambled to protect identity, but give you and idea). He physically cannot make a single post in a debate without packing it with insults. Today at least, I'm relatively tame.

There's the forum- and posting rules. Posts should be on-topic

Again, posting-rules. Those rules weren't made up for the single reason to give the moderators some kind of general guidelines to use when deleting certain threads, they were made up as a guideline to posters before they post. The guidelines are there to keep the debate healthy and on-topic and if at least the 'on-topic rule' would be followed by all posters, less non-political threads would turn into 'political-threads'. I also believe that the Moderators should remove off-topic posts sooner and more often and perhaps even ban a user for X days if he/she has broken the off-topic rule on a number of occasions.

Then tell it to those who violate the rules...like the aforementioned Political Terrorists.

Perfect example of an off-topic post.

Watch the spin, Captaveour(sp?) asked for clarification on one of the examples I posted in my original post on this thread, and I gave it to him. That little off topic bud has now resolved itself and we're back here now.

ctbarnes

Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:02 am

I think you mean Pat Roberson, TV perennial evangalist on a show called the 700 Club. He made a run for the Presidency a couple of times and, needless to say, didn't get very far.

Charles, SJ
(not intending to post anything that implies a political position)
The customer isn't a moron, she is your wife -David Ogilvy

Schoenorama

Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:14 am

Boeing4ever:

"LOL! THIS is the first thread I've posted in on this site in nearly a month! (with possible exeption of the "We're Nuts!" thread, though I forget how long ago that was) I'm a little busy in college now. Show some proof that I've been active lately. I'll give you a cookie if you do."

Now that's convenient: not only do you limit the time-period in which you haven't posted in a political thread, you also ask me to exclude a particular thread you did respond to (more than once, BTW). Bottom line is that you have participated in political threads very actively over the past months and now all of a sudden you are sick and tired of them. Fair enough, as long as you don't tell other users what to do and what not to do.

"I don't launch into "Watching idiots like DC10guy and BushCheney2004" in every potential thread."

Forum-rules about not insulting other users apply to you in the same way as they apply to those users that insult in every single thread. If its OK to insult once every X posts but not OK to do so 3 times, then how do you expect certain threads not to turn into a flame-fest?

"The "idiots" can rest easy from time to time. Other users obsess with each other and carry their wars across the board. Take 74NB7 (name scrambled to protect identity, but give you and idea). He physically cannot make a single post in a debate without packing it with insults. Today at least, I'm relatively tame."

Then simply hit the "Suggest Deletion" button or, if that doesn't help, simply ignore such posts/users. There isn't a better way to piss-off arrogant and annoying users then simply ignoring them.

"Then tell it to those who violate the rules...like the aforementioned Political Terrorists."

There's no point in me telling those who violate the rules as I am no Forum Moderator. I only expressed you my opinion on the matter just as you did.

"Watch the spin, Captaveour(sp?) asked for clarification on one of the examples I posted in my original post on this thread, and I gave it to him. That little off topic bud has now resolved itself and we're back here now."

Yes, but how many times does that happen? How many times is a discussion still on-topic by reply #4? Captainvoyeur (name 'scrambled') included an off-topic remark, you and ID0N0 (name 'scrambled') answer his question in a separate post and last but not least, user CE MY AS (name 'scrambled') posts a totally off-topic "And the thread spirals out of control...".

Complying with posting-rules starts with each individual user on every single occasion he or she replies to a post. Only those basic rules can keep the real flame-fests and political BS posts from this board.

Just my 2 eurocents...

Boeing4ever

Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:27 am

Now that's convenient: not only do you limit the time-period in which you haven't posted in a political thread, you also ask me to exclude a particular thread you did respond to (more than once, BTW). Bottom line is that you have participated in political threads very actively over the past months and now all of a sudden you are sick and tired of them. Fair enough, as long as you don't tell other users what to do and what not to do.

What convenience? You stated that I posted "lately". Lately, I have not posted. And the We're Nuts! thread wasn't a political one. And in all of those threads from the past month, where have I stated that I loved them. Most of those threads feature me railing against the pointless Left vs. Right debates. Hell I even took many users individually to issue. One genius tried to paint me as right-wing, others as left-wing. It's quite sad how polarized people are because of the handful of Political Terrorists.

Forum-rules about not insulting other users apply to you in the same way as they apply to those users that insult in every single thread. If its OK to insult once every X posts but not OK to do so 3 times, then how do you expect certain threads not to turn into a flame-fest?

Very well, I'll concede about the insult. Point is though, I do not go around habitually starting political wars.

Then simply hit the "Suggest Deletion" button or, if that doesn't help, simply ignore such posts/users. There isn't a better way to piss-off arrogant and annoying users then simply ignoring them.

Ignoring becomes hard when the aforementioned political terrorist runs around trashing up to 10 threads a day with his political flame wars. Suggest deletion can only go so far. But the mods seem ban-shy.

There's no point in me telling those who violate the rules as I am no Forum Moderator. I only expressed you my opinion on the matter just as you did.

Of course, opinions are welcome, flame-wars aren't. Hopefully the mods are reading this and will decide to clamp down hard on the poltical terrorists on these boards.

Yes, but how many times does that happen? How many times is a discussion still on-topic by reply #4? Captainvoyeur (name 'scrambled') included an off-topic remark, you and ID0N0 (name 'scrambled') answer his question in a separate post and last but not least, user CE MY AS (name 'scrambled') posts a totally off-topic "And the thread spirals out of control...".

A frequent problem, but you were talking about my Pat Tillman discussion, and that is not even being discussed anymore with the exception of the last user just before your last post...now relating to your last point...

Complying with posting-rules starts with each individual user on every single occasion he or she replies to a post. Only those basic rules can keep the real flame-fests and political BS posts from this board.

Where have I ever denyed this? The problem is there is a band of political terrorists who consistently flout these rules, and manage to get away with it. Sooner or later action will have to be taken. Remember when Non-Av was nearly shut down for good more than a year ago? Heaven forbid we should seriously look into that as a solution to the problem again. But I feel it might be worth proposing in Site Related some time soon if the situation gets any worse.