Imonti
Topic Author

Starting A Club At University

Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:43 am

Hi every one, I am about fo finish my first year in University and I want to start a club their.

I am at WITS university in Johannesburg South Africa.

Im looking for any information.

Is there any one here who has started a club at university? or run one or been closely associated with one?

My club is along the lines of a social club, where as, the club would organise a bus for a drinking trip, or parties etc etc.

It is essentially for me, to make money.

How well does it go to add on the charity part in order to get people to join?

Please feel free, to add anything, criticise or compliment anything here, add things I havnt brought up please as I need all the help I can get.

The SRC will most probally ask me why they should give me permission to start this club, any help on that? I have thought of uniting students.

Cheers

theCoz

RE: Starting A Club At University

Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:56 am

Look at what students feel strongly about, or are currently centered around. If there's no official club for that, make one.

I was in a society in college where we went drink Black & Tans at the end of every semester. This club was created by a former professor who decided he would like to have a beer with only certain students. Every new inductee must pay for people's beer. I like those rules.

I've even hear of crazy clubs where people get sloshed and go running. They call it the drinking club with a running problem. I get a kick out of their outlook on things.

It's a great idea that you are organizing a club, and you'll realize how vital social groups are once you leave college. Go for it and stay persistent. It'll pay off in some way. You will also want to consider how these people may benefit each other in the future. Choose carefully.

flyingbronco05

RE: Starting A Club At University

Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:47 am

Instead of asking what to do on this site, why don't you go to the student activites building at your school and get info on clubs?
Never Trust Your Fuel Gauge