phxairfan

Looking For A Sports Bar In New Orleans

Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:46 pm

Due to the wisdom of ABC. This weekend the local ABC station here in Baton Rouge will be showing the Texas vs. Missouri football game in the 2:30 CT time slot. Fortunately for me, the New Orleans ABC affiliate will be showing the USC vs. Arizona State game. Being a lifelong ASU fan I am going to drive to New Orleans to watch it. I was wonderfing if anyone here knows of a good place to take the game in at, anywhere in New Orleans, Metairie, or Kenner. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

LHMark

RE: Looking For A Sports Bar In New Orleans

Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:43 pm

Well finding a decent sports bar in New Orleans should be a lot easier than finding a decent sports team in New Orleans  Smile
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

Tom in NO

Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:54 am

Well finding a decent sports bar in New Orleans should be a lot easier than finding a decent sports team in New Orleans

And if you have that carved in stone, I'll personally salute it once a day, and twice on Sundays.

As for places to watch the SC/ASU game go, try Kabby's in the Hilton Riverside Hotel at the end of Canal Street next to the river. If you don't want to go all the way into New Orleans, the Fox and Hound in the Elmwood Plaza off of Clearview might also work (in an industrial park area, but it's got pool tables, and a ton of different kinds of beer).

Tom at MSY (awaiting Culpepper and Moss kicking the you-know-what out of the Saints Sunday night. BTW, the Saints game might not be televised locally, still has 6,900 unsold seats.)
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

RT514

Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:21 am

If you want to be in the Quarter, try "The Corner Oyster Bar" at 500 St. Peter (at the corner of St. Peter and Decatur Streets). They've always got several TV's going, tuned into various games.