rjpieces

A Survivor Of Palestinian Tyranny Defends Israel

Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:44 pm

I found this excellent article. Brigitte Gabriel gave this speech at Duke University this past week.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=15545

Enjoy.
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

RNOcommctr

RE: A Survivor Of Palestinian Tyranny Defends Israel

Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:54 am

From the speech: "The difference between the Arabic world and Israel is a difference in values and character. It’s barbarism versus civilization. It’s dictatorship versus democracy. It’s evil versus goodness."

Yes, I always appreciate a balanced, unbiased point of view. Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

Active loading only, ma'am, keep it moving!

YUL2010

Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:40 pm

Again, thanks for demonizing the Arab-Muslim world. You've become a champion at it.

Anyways, a friend of mine sent me this article, it shows another side of Lebanon.

http://www.naharnet.com/domino/tn/NewsDesk.nsf/getstory?openform&1F8C9B4DE2DAB303C2256F330029F194

"Hotel November Oscar clear to land runway 24L"

levent

Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:50 pm

Sure, it´s very correct to take someone else´s land, put people in refugee camps and destroy their homes... what comes next, gas chambers?

rjpieces

Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:17 pm

Sure, it´s very correct to take someone else´s land, put people in refugee camps and destroy their homes... what comes next, gas chambers?

I suppose you European would be the experts on that, right?
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

Scorpio

Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:38 pm

Wow, that is possibly the worst attempt at an insult ever. Shows just how little substance you have...

I found this excellent article.

Of course you did. Everything that demonises the Arabs is excellent in your eyes.

YUL2010

Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:52 pm

I agree with you Scorpio, that the lowest I've seen Rjpieces go... He's desprate for comebacks...

LY744

Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:33 pm

Sure the article is one sided and quite a bit over-the-top (what a shock it is to find something of that sort on an a.net forum!), but the truth is the truth no matter who tells it:

"The difference between the Arabic world and Israel is a difference in values and character."

"...the intentional murder of Israeli children is legitimized as Palestinian “armed struggle”. "

"...Palestinians have been encouraged to believe that murdering innocent Israeli civilians is a legitimate tactic for advancing their cause..."

-Notice my selective quoting
-Spare me any PC BS you might feel like spewing

LY744.
Pacifism only works if EVERYBODY practices it

YUL2010

Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:41 pm

"...Palestinians have been encouraged to believe that murdering innocent Israeli civilians is a legitimate tactic for advancing their cause..."

Oh this is total crap. You know very well that Sharon's (and any Isreali goverment's) goal is to kick out every single Palestinian (killing them is an option, as they are currently doing) from the occupied territories. That's the Isreali tactic.

I'm sorry buddy, but I said it times and times before, BOTH parties have blood on their hands. May I remind you the Sabra and Chatila refugee camp massacre in 1982?

david b.

Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:43 pm

Too bad some people will never see that. They can't and won't. Both sides have blood on their hands and some people will not realize that.

The Isreali government would also be the experts on that.

[Edited 2004-10-20 16:45:34]
Teenage-know-it-alls should be shot on sight

gkirk

Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:47 pm

Rjpieces, that was pretty low. In fact it was only a small minority of Europe that were expers on that sort of stuff.
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

david b.

Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:50 pm

Seems like he like to make fun of Arabs, Muslims, Europeans but when someone saids something negative about Israel, they are jew-hating eurotrash. Nice double-standard he has going.

rjpieces

Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:09 am

Rjpieces, that was pretty low. In fact it was only a small minority of Europe that were expers on that sort of stuff.

True GKirk. Most of Europe was with the exceptions of Italy, England, the Netherlands, Scandinavian countries, and that's about it............

The Isreali government would also be the experts on that.

I must have missed Israeli systematically exterminating the Palestinians. Care to link me to wherever you get your news from?

keno

Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:20 am

Was this meant to be a glossy advertisement for Israel and demonizing the Palestinians/Arabs/Muslims? It's not going very well, isn't it?  Laugh out loud You've manage to convince people here otherwise, by 'people' I mean those you think are the 'friends of Israel'. Oh we have comments from USA, UK, Canada, Spain & Belgium so far; no need for any Arab member to interfere.

LY744, you have some very valid points there. If I were you I'd be ashamed that this guy is actually representing Israel's cause. He's obviously not doing a very good job  Insane

Scorpio

Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:33 am

True GKirk. Most of Europe was with the exceptions of Italy, England, the Netherlands, Scandinavian countries, and that's about it............

And you were SURPRISED when you got your ass kicked in highschool every day?

JGPH1A

Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:57 am

Re: Most of Europe was with the exceptions of ... England

WRONG AGAIN RJ. The King of England expelled the entire Jewish population of England in the thirteenth century, they were only allowed back in in 1650-something, by Cromwell. For an expert on the subject, you don't seem to know very much.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

gkirk

Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:47 am

Rjpieces, I was sticking up for you until this point:

Big grin I'll let you figure it out
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

777236ER

Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:59 am

You just agreed with someone who called an entire culture evil, and another culture good? How does that make you better than the Nazis?

And at that time, England was leading the fight against the Nazis.

Britain, not England.

So learn your history before opening your mouth next time.........

There's history, then there's propaganda.
Your bone's got a little machine

tbar220

RE: A Survivor Of Palestinian Tyranny Defends Isra

Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:53 am

YUL,

You know very well that Sharon's (and any Isreali goverment's) goal is to kick out every single Palestinian (killing them is an option, as they are currently doing) from the occupied territories. That's the Isreali tactic.

Oh really? You must be privvy to some information that the rest of the world doesn't know, care to enlighten us on that?

I sure haven't seen systematic killing of Palestinian civilians. What I see is Israelis dying and Palestinians dying. I see Palestinian terrorism and harsh responses from Israel. This is a war, people are dying, it sucks, and that's just the way it is. This is not some Israeli scheme to kill every single Palestinian.

So do you still insist that this is the case? And if you do, do you have any sources for this? Absolutely ridiculous.
NO URLS in signature

YUL2010

Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:14 am

So do you still insist that this is the case? And if you do, do you have any sources for this?

Yes, I have sources... gimme a sec, I'm browsing the web for them right now....  Yeah sure

Face it, it's in the Isreali's own interest if the Palestinians are all kicked out of their homeland.
All I'm saying is that I would't be surprised if Sharon has that idea in his little brain of his (and I personally believe that he's working on it). Besides, he ordered the massacre of 2000 Palestinians in Lebanon... so, he might as well want to finish the job...

[Edited 2004-10-20 20:15:47]

levent

Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:25 am

... but they have to be careful not to eliminate too many, as they need enough of them to do the filthy jobs in Israel...

ly7e7

Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:43 am

Face it, it's in the Isreali's own interest if the Palestinians are all kicked out of their homeland.
All I'm saying is that I would't be surprised if Sharon has that idea in his little brain of his (and I personally believe that he's working on it). Besides, he ordered the massacre of 2000 Palestinians in Lebanon... so, he might as well want to finish the job...

1. Stop twisting the facts. Israel will be out of the GS by end of 2005. How does that settle in your little hating brain? What will happen afterwards is up to the Palestinians. If they stop the terror they'll also get the WB pretty soon. But somehow I can't imagine the Hamas and the Islamic Jihad storing the rockets and the explosives, since their goal is not a prospering Palestinian state.

2. Sharon did not order the massacre in Sabra and Shatila. His fault was in not preventing it. The Lebanese Christian Phalangist militia was completely responsible for the massacres that occurred at the two Beirut-area refugee camps on September 16-17, 1982. Israel had allowed the Phalange to enter the camps as part of a plan to transfer authority to the Lebanese, and accepted responsibility for that decision. When Israeli soldiers ordered the Phalangists out, they found hundreds dead (estimates range from 460 according to the Lebanese police, to 700-800 calculated by Israeli intelligence). Get your facts strait before posting nonsense.

Levent, since the Intifada begun almost 2000 palestinians died and about 700 Israelis. That's a war, not an extermination. Oh, and the filthy jobs in Israel are done mostly by Thai, Romanian, Nigerian and other foreign workers. Same as in Europe, pretty much.

2 things are endless: ignorance and space

YUL2010

Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:02 am

Sharon did not order the massacre in Sabra and Shatila. His fault was in not preventing it. The Lebanese Christian Phalangist militia was completely responsible for the massacres that occurred at the two Beirut-area refugee camps on September 16-17, 1982. Israel had allowed the Phalange to enter the camps as part of a plan to transfer authority to the Lebanese, and accepted responsibility for that decision. When Israeli soldiers ordered the Phalangists out, they found hundreds dead (estimates range from 460 according to the Lebanese police, to 700-800 calculated by Israeli intelligence). Get your facts strait before posting nonsense.

Nope, sorry, that's not what my teacher told me. And by teacher, I'm refering to Robert Fisk, award winning British journalist, who arrived at the refugee camp minutes after the massacre. Read his book: Pity The Nation: Lebanon at war
Oh, may I add, the massacre happened under the Isreali militia's eyes (yes, it was the Phalangist who commited the massacre, but Sharon is still responsible, and he knew they were gonna do it).
In any case, I still stand behind what I said.
And add Sri Lanka to that list of countries you have.

ly7e7

Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:24 am

, I'm refering to Robert Fisk, award winning British journalist, who arrived at the refugee camp minutes after the massacre

And thus he knows the motives, the orders, and who gave them? With all do respect, that's not a reference for me.
Note, I'm not saying that he is completely innocent, and so does not the State of Israel which recognized that fact by the mean of an official committee that investigated the massacre. The guilt implied is non-preventing, not ordering.

Ironically, this is the man who is trying to pull Israel out of Gaza now,keep that in mind.

YUL2010

Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:35 am

Ironically, this is the man who is trying to pull Israel out of Gaza now,keep that in mind.

Don't be fooled, he's pulling out under pressure (either from UN or the USA, or simply ALL world leaders...), and not out of good will. He's still a killer in my eyes and not a man of peace.

Ok, do some searched on Fisk, maybe that'll change your mind. What references would you want anyways? (and please dont pull out a Jewish journalist, I made the effort of naming a neutral one...).
Journalists are journalists... take 'em or leave 'em.

Enough of this debate. It'll restart somewhere else, as usual.
It's 3:30am, I have an exam tomorrow. I'm going to
bed now. Good night.

LY744

Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:16 am

YUL2010

"You know very well that Sharon's (and any Isreali goverment's) goal is to kick out every single Palestinian (killing them is an option, as they are currently doing) from the occupied territories."

No sign of brainwashing there...  Insane

"All I'm saying is that I would't be surprised if Sharon has that idea in his little brain of his..."

That one just overflows with intelligence and logically-thought out arguments. So let me get this straight, is Sharon this evil mastermind or just a random dumbass.  Confused

"Besides, he ordered the massacre of 2000 Palestinians in Lebanon... so, he might as well want to finish the job..."

Some of us rely on facts, some on calling miss Cleo's hotline... To each his own I guess.  Insane You just know he ordered the massacre, huh?

"Nope, sorry, that's not what my teacher told me. And by teacher, I'm refering to Robert Fisk, award winning British journalist, who arrived at the refugee camp minutes after the massacre"

I can just picture that one: this Fisk guy shows up at the scene of the crime only to find Sharon and Co publically confessing to ordering the massacre.

http://www.robert-fisk.com/

Seriously dude, read through the titles of his articles briefly. Hint: maybe, just maybe, an individual's nationality is not the best way to determine their impartiallity.

"What references would you want anyways? (and please dont pull out a Jewish journalist, I made the effort of naming a neutral one...)"

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. At this day and age, freaking unbelievable...

LY744.

qr332

Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:50 am

Nothing like a good laugh at night... the article is a pile of BS.

When the Muslims and Palestinians declared Jihad on the Christians in 1975, they started massacring the Christians city after city.

So it was Chrisitians in Sabra and Shatila? Only christians who suffered in the civil war?

For the first time in my life, I experienced a human quality that I know my culture would never have shown to its enemy.

That is the biggest pile of shit I ever read. If you read the Quran and go by ture Arab culture you would know that it goes against what is taught.

Now, the intentional murder of Israeli children is legitimized as Palestinian “armed struggle”.

And the raping of 16 year olds by the Phalangists, supported by Israel, that would be called... democracy and freedom?

a plague of terror which has been authored and perfected by the Palestinians for the last half century .

They asked for there land to be taken. Their children to be slain. Their farms uprooted. Their life thrown away. Right, RJ? Is that what you tell people?

Fifty-four people were killed and hundreds were wounded. It is obvious that Arab terrorism is caused not by the “desperation from occupation”, but by the VERY THOUGHT of a Jewish state.

Very thought? Deyr Yassin, Al Tantura, Lydda come to mind. The hundreds of villages destroyed, the hundreds of thousands ethnically cleansed. This woman talks out of her ass.

It’s time for all of us to stand up and support and defend the state of Israel, which is the front line of the war against terrorism.

The state of Israel, along with this woman, can kiss my ass for the atrocities they have done in the past 56 years.

RJ,

This is coming from a person who's country is sitting on soil that is not their own and lying to their population about the reasons for it. go figure. You killed 30,000 Iraqis, destroyed hundreds of homes, ruined the country and you want to talk about Europe 60 years ago? Look at yourselves today. Also, ask the country you idealize RJ, they can teach you all about this shit.

Are you telling everyone here America has never had blood on their hands?

I must have missed Israeli systematically exterminating the Palestinians. Care to link me to wherever you get your news from?

They massacred them in Lydda, in Tantura, in Deyr Yassin, they watched and allowed them to be massacred in Sabra and Shatilla, they bombed Qana. Need more? I'd be more than glad to provide, RJ.

JGPH1A,
And don't call me honey. Asshole.

Forgive him. Then he wonders why hes the school punshing bag. Did you cry when you got banned for insulting Superfly too RJ?

Tbar220,
Oh really? You must be privvy to some information that the rest of the world doesn't know, care to enlighten us on that?

Have you seen the tons of yellow stickers on Israeli cars on vans? The ones that say expel the Palestinians from the WB and GS now? Have you seen what they did in '48? I am sure Sharon would like nothing more than seeing every last Palestinian leave Jerusalem and the West Bank, and the same with RJ.

harsh responses from Israel.

So tell me, what was the response to the Palestinians for the massacres? They didnt like the way Hitler was treating them so they took it out on us?

LY,
Stop twisting the facts. Israel will be out of the GS by end of 2005. How does that settle in your little hating brain? What will happen afterwards is up to the Palestinians. If they stop the terror they'll also get the WB pretty soon. But somehow I can't imagine the Hamas and the Islamic Jihad storing the rockets and the explosives, since their goal is not a prospering Palestinian state.

And Israels goal is sure as hell not to be nice and defend itself only when necessery.

Sharon did not order the massacre in Sabra and Shatila. His fault was in not preventing it.

And watching it happen.

(estimates range from 460 according to the Lebanese police, to 700-800 calculated by Israeli intelligence).

Estimates are as high as 2000-3000.

Levent, since the Intifada begun almost 2000 palestinians died and about 700 Israelis. That's a war, not an extermination. Oh, and the filthy jobs in Israel are done mostly by Thai, Romanian, Nigerian and other foreign workers. Same as in Europe, pretty much.

And Palestinians. Before the Intifada many were employed as cheap labour inside Israel. And as far as I know the figures are higher than 2000, I might be wrong but i'll look it up.

For his own interests. Does this make his hands any less bloody?

LY744,
No sign of brainwashing there...

You want to see the best brainwashing ever committed? Look at good old RJ.

Some of us rely on facts, some on calling miss Cleo's hotline... To each his own I guess. You just know he ordered the massacre, huh?

Are you telling me he didn't know anything would happen?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. At this day and age, freaking unbelievable...

What is? A Jewish journalist, just like a Muslim one, would be biased.
"The greatest threat to knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

rjpieces

Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:02 am

Look at good old RJ.

QR, you might think I'm brainwashed but unfortunately, most Americans on this forum think YOU are brainwashed. And unfortunately for you and your boys, America's view matters more than most countries. And you do nothing to improve your image, or the image of Arabs in general. And you wonder why we are at war with your world.

This is coming from a person who's country is sitting on soil that is not their own and lying to their population about the reasons for it. go figure. You killed 30,000 Iraqis, destroyed hundreds of homes, ruined the country and you want to talk about Europe 60 years ago? Look at yourselves today. Also, ask the country you idealize RJ, they can teach you all about this shit.

Ahh, I was waiting for this one! Good laugh though. And you STILL WONDER why a majority of Americans support Israel?

Then he wonders why hes the school punshing bag.

Ha, that's funny considering I go to one of the most pro-Israeli schools in the country.

qr332

Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:08 am

RJ,
You dont get it, do you? I dont give a damn what Americans think of me. America, the American government, and what some kid with no life and nothing better to do than kiss Israels ass all day is not what my life revolves around like you.

Since i'm the brainwashed one, you can probably shoot down every single point up there. Please, go ahead. But, don't give me shit about being brainwashed when you post articles like the one above, when you openly say you think Deyr Yassin and such massacres were justified, and when you never believe anything about Arabs can be good, even when it is shoved down your throat.

Ahh, I was waiting for this one! Good laugh though. And you STILL WONDER why a majority of Americans support Israel?

Because of your unbiased media that has never, ever tried to lie to you or to brainwash you maybe?

Ha, that's funny considering I go to one of the most pro-Israeli schools in the country.

I dunno about you, but my personality is not affected by my political views, and whether my school is pro-Palestinian or pro-whatever is irrelevant. You, RJ, have yet to discover a personality of your own, and not one that Dubya or Sharon, or whoever the hell you worship tells you to have.
"The greatest threat to knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

david b.

Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:13 am

QR, you might think I'm brainwashed but unfortunately, most Americans on this forum think YOU are brainwashed. And unfortunately for you and your boys, America's view matters more than most countries. And you do nothing to improve your image, or the image of Arabs in general. And you wonder why we are at war with your world.

LOL!! America's view matters more than most countries???? Really? Most people in the world don't give a shit what the US thinks after the invasion of Iraq. Worthless ego booster.

BS. I don't. Most people do not. The biased media makes it seem that way.

Ha, that's funny considering I go to one of the most pro-Israeli schools in the country

Outside the doors of Hillel nobody in the school gives a shit.

Horus

Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:14 am

It's pathetic how the usual member always ends up making personal attacks when flaws emerge in his argument.

Horus

EGYPT: A 7,000 Year Old Civilisation

qr332

Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:17 am

But Horus & David b. - dont forget, the 4% of the world living in the US are more important the 96% in the rest of the world according to RJ.  Big thumbs up

Horus

Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:25 am

That's exactly what a BBC report found back in 2003. The reason some Americans have negative views of Palestinians is simply because of a lack of understanding of the situation. Luckily many (like David.B) are aware of the situation and are not taken in by the lies and bias in media.

Well done David.B for standing up for what you believe in. Good on ya mate!

Horus

[Edited 2004-10-21 01:26:24]
EGYPT: A 7,000 Year Old Civilisation

Schoenorama

Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:31 am

Just came across some of Brigitte Gabriel's earlier statements.

Warning: Extreme Bullsh!t Ahead:

"''The problem we have with Europe is that [it] is infested with the Muslim population. The reason why is because they multiply at a much faster rate than we do,'' she says."

''When we Christians get married, we have two, three, maybe four children--after they're born, we start thinking about what college we're going to send them to, what education we're going to give them. The Muslims, on the other hand, are allowed to marry up to four wives at a time,'' she says, noting that terrorist Osama bin Laden had 27 children."

http://www.chronwatch.com/content/contentDisplay.asp?aid=5068
Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!

david b.

Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:39 am

Is she jealous that Osama doesn't take Viagra and her husband does?

LY744

Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:54 am

"You want to see the best brainwashing ever committed? Look at good old RJ."

That is the problem with the mid-east conflict. Instead of solving it, everybody tries to make an intellectual game of ping-pong out of it. You want to know what's real scary? RJ probably wasn't even brainwashed...

"Are you telling me he didn't know anything would happen?"

I'm telling you that neither YUL2010, nor his prof know that Sharon ordered the attack. There is simply no way for them to know that. And BTW, I don't pretend to know that he didn't.

"What is? A Jewish journalist, just like a Muslim one, would be biased."

So how do you explain all the Muslim and Jewish journalists/writers going against "their side"?

"Is she jealous that Osama doesn't take Viagra and her husband does?"

You were saying about RJ? I gotta give him one thing, at least his average post is longer than 1 sentence.

LY744.

rjpieces

Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:55 am

LOL!! America's view matters more than most countries???? Really? Most people in the world don't give a shit what the US thinks after the invasion of Iraq. Worthless ego booster.

I'm not saying if it's good or bad. I'm simply stating it. Do you seriously not think that the 4% US population of the world has a serious DISPROPORTIONATE say in things over the rest of that 96%? Denying it is simply stupid.

Haha, so naive dearest David. Biased media, you mean Jews? Well whether you or Horus like it or not, there are 6,000,000 Jews, 60,000,000 Evangelical Christians, and a whole lot of normal Americans in between who are very supportive of Israel. Just look at past A.net threads and you will find many Americans who support Israel, Democrat and Republican. Of course not everyone will ever agree on an issue....And that is you David B. I'm curious to hear your explanation for why the American Gov is so supportive of Israel.................Care to share?

Outside the doors of Hillel nobody in the school gives a shit.

Your point? Most people are apathetic and could care less about politics........

david b.

Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:10 am

You were saying about RJ? I gotta give him one thing, at least his average post is longer than 1 sentence.

Most of that is BS.

I'm not saying if it's good or bad. I'm simply stating it. Do you seriously not think that the 4% US population of the world has a serious DISPROPORTIONATE say in things over the rest of that 96%? Denying it is simply stupid.

I would not agree on that. It is not true. Maybe arrogent US members may think that but it is false.

Haha, so naive dearest David. Biased media, you mean Jews? Well whether you or Horus like it or not, there are 6,000,000 Jews, 60,000,000 Evangelical Christians, and a whole lot of normal Americans in between who are very supportive of Israel. Just look at past A.net threads and you will find many Americans who support Israel, Democrat and Republican. Of course not everyone will ever agree on an issue....And that is you David B. I'm curious to hear your explanation for why the American Gov is so supportive of Israel.................Care to share?

Because they will be called Jew-haters by people like you if they don't. They don't have a choice. Most Americans have better things to do.

Your point? Most people are apathetic and could care less about politics........

I see you get my point  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

n229nw

Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:13 am

RJ,

There are many Americans, and many American Jews, including me, who do not agree with you. You may disagree with points QR332 makes, but he consistently condemns policies by both sides that directly or indirectly target civilians. You only condemn it when it is directed at the US or Israel, not when it is perpetrated by them. YOU are the one making insane generalizations about one culture or religion being "bad" or evil and another "good."

If you'd like to see some evidence that not all atrocities are committed by one "evil" side, I could happily put you in touch with Americans and Israelis (since you only trust Americans and Israelis...) who have done aid work in the occupied territories and personally witnessed plenty of horrors committed by the IDF. I know someone who was shot at point blank for trying to help a pregnant woman get out of the path of a tank.

Both Isaelis and Palestinians are humans with emotions, flaws, prejudices, and the capacity for violence and for finding ways to justify that violence to themselves. There are no angels and devils. I know you understand the Jewish desire for a homeland, after centuries of persecution and Pogroms and then the Holocaust; but just for a second try ALSO to understand that if you lived on a certain area of land, and another group of people started coming there in great numbers--not as simple refugees, but with the openly stated purpose of outnumbering you and then starting their own country where you live--it would be natural to organize and resist...

What's done is done, but now we've got to get out of this mess. I see Horus and QR and BA and others on this board saying they accept the situation, much as they hate what Israel is doing. I see you in many threads saying that Arabs are evil and brainwashed. One attitude allows for dialogue. The other doesn't.

Also, the argument "most X agree with me" is not logically or historically important. THAT is brainwashed. If most Americans jumped off a cliff, would you?
All Glory to the Hypnotoad!

BA

Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:02 am

N229nw,

Beautiful post.

Welcome to my respected users list.

Regards
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

ly7e7

Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:38 pm

Don't be fooled, he's pulling out under pressure (either from UN or the USA, or simply ALL world leaders...), and not out of good will. He's still a killer in my eyes and not a man of peace.

You really don't know shit about Israel and its politics , do you?  Smile

Krushny

Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:21 pm

Much as I dislike this individual let me say something good about Sharon, this guy has balls. It is funny that he looks like the only guy in Israel capable of dismantling settlements, he organised that in the Sinai in 1979 and he is pushing it in Gaza today (though I am a skeptical this is going to happen, I will believe it when I see it).
In contrast Labour has the ideas (Gaza pullout and WB wall were theirs) but for one reason or other they do not perform them; I also believe that if Labour/Barak had not come to Camp David with that first pathetic and miserable proposal for Palestinian bantustans and worked out a reasonable starting point, probably what happened later could have been avoided.

qr332

Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:09 pm

LY,
That is the problem with the mid-east conflict. Instead of solving it, everybody tries to make an intellectual game of ping-pong out of it. You want to know what's real scary? RJ probably wasn't even brainwashed...

Posts like this show he was, "A Survivor of Palestinian Tyranny Defednds Israel". That is the result of brainwashing. Also, if he isn't why is it he has never given a single positive commnet on Arabs?. And, me posting in this thread is going to stop the conflict from being solved? I didn't even strat the thread.

I'm telling you that neither YUL2010, nor his prof know that Sharon ordered the attack. There is simply no way for them to know that. And BTW, I don't pretend to know that he didn't.

He didn't order it but he approved it, the Israeli army then circled the area to make sure nobody escaped, and they watched the bloodbath. People say they could have not seen what was going on but the positions of the IDF allowed them to perfectly see the camp. It was in Sharon's power to sto[ them, but he didn't.

So how do you explain all the Muslim and Jewish journalists/writers going against "their side"?

So one or two is "all..going against their side"? You won't have every single person part of a religion or country agreeing or having the same point of view, so that explains it.

Well you've got brains. He was reffering to the post by Schoenorama, in which he put an article about OBL having 27 kids.

What the 96% thinks is more important than what the 4% think. Yes, it is US opinion that prevails, but that does not make it right, and that does not mean that the rest of the world should have no say in what occurs around the planet. The world is bigger than New York RJ. What you said is pure arrogant, and is a typical American opinion on this site.

RJ, so what is your explanation of most of the support only coming from the US? Is it that the rest of the world are idiots and only the Americans have got the brains to see the situation for what it is?

I am still waiting for you to answer to my points RJ, since i'm so brainwashed i'm sure its all bullshit and you can answer to every single one.

Krushny,
The only balls this guy is got is the balls to massacre as many Palestinians as he can.

ly7e7

Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:11 pm

Krushny seems to be the only one here that shows some understandment of the Israeli politics  Smile.

LY744

Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:18 pm

"Well you've got brains"

Thanks man.

"Posts like this show he was, "A Survivor of Palestinian Tyranny Defednds Israel". That is the result of brainwashing. Also, if he isn't why is it he has never given a single positive commnet on Arabs?"

Again, I am not here to debate RJ, so don't change the topic.

" You won't have every single person part of a religion or country agreeing or having the same point of view, so that explains it."

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thus you agree that it is ridiculous to assume that someone is biased based on their ethnicity alone?

"He didn't order it but he approved it, the Israeli army then circled the area to make sure nobody escaped, and they watched the bloodbath. People say they could have not seen what was going on but the positions of the IDF allowed them to perfectly see the camp. It was in Sharon's power to sto[ them, but he didn't."

There we go again saying things we cannot possibly know. Things we are told by other people, and how do you know those same people who told you that aren't just like RJ?

LY744.

qr332

Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:37 am

Thanks man.

Anytime  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Again, I am not here to debate RJ, so don't change the topic.

How did I change the subject if I also adressed everything else you said?

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thus you agree that it is ridiculous to assume that someone is biased based on their ethnicity alone?

No I don't. The general opinion is usually the same - almost all Arabs and Palestinians will be biased against Israelis and vice verca, so a neutral source (such as European) is always more reliable.

There we go again saying things we cannot possibly know. Things we are told by other people, and how do you know those same people who told you that aren't just like RJ?

It is a well known fact he approved the operation, and even if he didn't, the Israelis did circle the camp and did watch the bloodbath. How do I know? Footage showing their positions, and locals describing the area around the Sabra and Shatila camps in relevance to the Israeli Army's positions, and it is pretty evident that it was in their hands to stop it.

LY744

Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:17 am

With the exception of certain U.S. Army deserters, typical soldiers do not get to take calls on moral issues. They respond to orders from higher-ups, and communicating with those higher-ups is rarely an instant thing. And since when is Sharon the commander-in-chief of some Lebanese-Christian militia?

LY744.

qr332

Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:43 am

With the exception of certain U.S. Army deserters, typical soldiers do not get to take calls on moral issues. They respond to orders from higher-ups, and communicating with those higher-ups is rarely an instant thing. And since when is Sharon the commander-in-chief of some Lebanese-Christian militia?

Sharon was Minister of Defense at the time, and he approved it. He is even wanted by the internation court of justice for his war crimes there, so I doubt he is wanted on no grounds.

LY744

Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:52 am

"Sharon was Minister of Defense at the time, and he approved it"

Do we really have to go through that again? OK, explain to me how exactly you know that he approved it.

LY744.