NWFltAttendant

REI Scratch And Dent

Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:16 pm

REI just had their scratch and dent sale here in MSP...

Was wondering what kinds of things you guys have picked up at one. Do other locations have scratch and dent, or is it just a MSP thing. Ive been pretty lucky in things that ive picked up. This time around I was able to get a Yakima King Cobra (bike mount) for $15.

p.s. THIS IS NOT AN ADVERT !
Go yakkin !!!!!!

MD11Engineer

RE: REI Scratch And Dent

Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:44 pm

What´s REI?

Regiment Etrangere de la Infantrie = French Foreign Legion Infantry Regiment?

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

dmeeky243

Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:57 pm

The greatest co-op in the world. I broke a buckle on my backpack, that was a good 10 years old while hiking in ABQ, went to their store, no questions asked. They offered a new one to me, but I didn't feel it was warranted, I just wanted a new buckle. I picked up my Yak-rack a couple years ago, I usually get some boots everyonce in a while at those sales. Their Seattle store is amazing, and it helps that I live nearby. Always a good deal. Their customer service is top notch, and that's why I don't mind spending a bit more.

http://www.rei.com
"I have a favorite dish, which tends to change daily depending on my mood, or whether I have a hangover, or whether it's

NWFltAttendant

Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:02 pm

The MSP REI is just like the SEA one.. theres 3 flagship locations.. SEA, DEN, and MSP. Check it out sometime if youre ever here... close to the airport too !!!! When youre taking off you can see it... big odd shaped thing on the ground.
Go yakkin !!!!!!

srbmod

Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:09 am

I haven't shopped @ REI in years. When I used to go camping all the time, this place was one of my favorite stores. My stepdad was a member, so we'd go there a couple of times a year (at the time, they only had one store in the Atlanta area, now they have three). I still got my REI internal frame backpack I got for Christmas many years (12 or 13, I can't remember) ago.

Continental

Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:02 am

I didn't go to that sale. I checked out REI a few weeks ago just shopping around for snowboards.

theCoz

Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:27 am

We have REI here in Arizona, and I can't recall a scratch and sent sale. If I knew about it, I would have gone.

USAFHummer

Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:37 am

I don't recall a sale here at the Boulder one either...but yea, REI is the greatest store ever...totally agree, Dmeeky, on the customer service, had a similar experience with some trekking poles...bought them, ended up jamming and malfunctioning on the first trip I used them, took 'em back, got a refund with no questions asked...and the SEA store rules...I could live there I think...

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

MxCtrlr

Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:55 pm

WAAAAAY back, when I was backpacking as a teen in the Olympics, Cascades and through Alaska, REI was a required stop before departing on the hike. Had to get the latest & greatest "last-minute gear", be it an North Face expedition parka, a couple more Tropical Bars, a few extra Mountain House food items or just a pair of nylon gaiters (for hiking through the Hoh Rain Forest), REI's SEA store couldn't be beat! I also, living in Florida, loved getting their catalog in the mail!

MxCtrlr  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Freight Dogs Anonymous - O.O.T.S.K.  Smokin cool
DAMN! This SUCKS! I just had to go to the next higher age bracket in my profile! :-(