Falcon84
Topic Author

Bush On Iraq: "We Won't Have Any Casualties"

Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:17 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/10/19/robertson.bush.iraq/index.html

This is a direct quote-from an ardent supporter or George Bush, not someone ardently against him.

This was the mindset of our president going into this conflict, and you want to trust him to fix the mess he's started. Riiight.

Of course, then Pat Robertson goes into this manure that Bush's presidency is somehow sanctioned by God. Riiight.

[Edited 2004-10-20 15:45:05]
Work Right, Fly Hard

solnabo

RE: Bush On Iraq: "We Won't Have Any Casualties"

Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:24 pm

It´s both ROTFLMAO and a BIG sigh..........

Think Globally
Vote Kerry

Micke//SE Big grin
Airbus SAS - Love them both

jamesag96

Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:26 pm

One...get a life.
Two...link doesn't work.
Three...Pat Robertson? Please...refer back to one.

Don't know why the link doesn't work, but if you go to the CNN site you can find it. When you do, you'll see this little bit of knowledge:

"Robertson said the president then told him, "Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties."

Yeah because I belive that Bush said that.

Why Kate, You're not wearing a bustle. How lewd.

JeffM

Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:30 pm

I suppose we could have believed Kerry. He was actually for the war ....... before he was against it.

Another insightful post, I guess someone had to take up where RSmith left off.

dtwclipper

Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:33 pm

"NEW YORK (CNN) -- The founder of the U.S. Christian Coalition said Tuesday he told President George W. Bush before the invasion of Iraq that he should prepare Americans for the likelihood of casualties, but the president told him, "We're not going to have any casualties.""

Here is the quote. To the defense of the President, and this is hard for me to say, I am sure this is being taken out of context somehow.

Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

Falcon84
Topic Author

Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:33 pm

James, you're such a blind yes-man, aren't you? A support of the president quotes him, but, burying your head in the sand as you always do, you deny it.

You get a life, and stop kissing ass so much.

And the link is working now-I think I left the "l" out of "html" accidentally.

[Edited 2004-10-20 15:45:38]
Work Right, Fly Hard

CPH-R

Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:48 pm

Falcon, don't forget his most recent successtory:

"We will not have an all volunteer army!"

Bush is not a flip-flop - he's all FLOP!

Falcon84
Topic Author

Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:49 pm

CPH-R, I heard about that from a friend-I didn't actually hear it, but I almost died laughing. Too bad the guy can't think on his feet.  Laugh out loud
Work Right, Fly Hard

MidnightMike

Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:52 pm

Oh please, President Bush had already warned the country that this would be no easy task.

NO URLS in signature

CaptOveur

Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:56 pm

This thread has earned one of these

Pretty sad when someone spends their whole life sitting in front of news sites or TV news jerking off and waiting on something bad to come out about whichever canidate they hate.
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

Falcon84
Topic Author

Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:56 pm

Then why would he confide such a damn fool remark to a supporter, Mike?

IF this had come from, say a Democratic member of Congress, I wouldn't give it much creedence, but it's coming from a staunch supporter of the President. Do you think Robertson is lying? And if he is, to what purpose?
Work Right, Fly Hard

dtwclipper

Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:01 pm

As I have said before, to the defense of the President, and this is hard for me to say , I am sure this is being taken out of context somehow.

Bush could not have been that dumb to have said anything that dense, in spite of the fact that he not the most gifted of orators.
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

Falcon84
Topic Author

Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:02 pm

Pretty sad when someone spends their whole life sitting in front of news sites or TV news jerking off and waiting on something bad to come out about whichever canidate they hate.

It's right on their front page, Mr. Obsession. It's there for all to see-excpet for the wilfully blind like yourself. Didn't have to search at all.
Work Right, Fly Hard

Banco

Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:05 pm

I'm with Dtwclipper here. Regardless of how someone else is quoted, I simply cannot believe that George Bush would have thought that Iraq could happen without casualties. I might not be the biggest fan of the man, but that suggestion just stretches credulity too far.
She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

FDXmech

Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:09 pm

What would Kerry be saying now in his Presidential campaign if Bush didn't go into Iraq?

Probably

>>>This president has left a dangerous, unpredictable tyrant in control of Iraq. A totally unacceptable and irresponsible decision made all the worse because the Congress of the United States of America, including my own, Yes vote, have overwhelmingly determined Saddam to be an unacceptable threat in this post 9/11 world.

This president is unwilling or unable to come to grips with this clear and present danger.

When I win the election, I will go into Iraq.
<<<
You're only as good as your last departure.

jamesag96

Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:21 pm

"James, you're such a blind yes-man, aren't you? A support of the president quotes him, but, burying your head in the sand as you always do, you deny it.

You get a life, and stop kissing ass so much."

You make me sad Alpha...so worked up, such a tortured soul. Perhaps you need some medication, I hear they are passing out some in return for Voter Registration cards in your area...

If you honestly believe the President said that then you are beyond help.

Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:21 pm

"We will not have an all volunteer army!"...Perhaps a Freudian slip?

"I'm not concerned about Osama bin Laden"

...and now this. I'm at a complete loss of words how we as Americans keep allowing this as acceptable behavior from a President.

B

Falcon84
Topic Author

Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:28 pm

You make me sad Alpha...so worked up, such a tortured soul.

ROTFL. Your description is colorful, James-it's not accurate at all, but it's certainly colorful. I'm hardly worked up at all. If anyone is worked up, it's you, everytime someone dares point out Mr. Bush's shortcomings, of which he has many. You and the other members that I used to group are always there, Johnny-on-the-spot, to kill the messanger, and kiss Bush's butt.

I think it's a hoot, to be honest.

If you honestly believe the President said that then you are beyond help.

Looking at his M.O., the fact that he never admits to a mistake, and is so out-of-touch with what Iraq is really like, then I guess I'm beyond help. Mr. Bush could say that to your sorry face, and you'd still deny he meant it.

Smoooch!
Work Right, Fly Hard

jamesag96

Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:29 pm

"I'm at a complete loss of words how we as Americans keep allowing this as acceptable behavior from a President."

This coming from someone who supports a man that stated he wanted troops deployed under the U.N., but changed his tune several years later to making sure troop deploymen passed the "Global Test".

Either way you look at it we need a viable third party because in my opinion we as American's haven't had a good clear choice since Reagan V Mondale.

Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:33 pm

This coming from someone who supports a man that stated he wanted troops deployed under the U.N., but changed his tune several years later to making sure troop deploymen passed the "Global Test".

That comment is pointless on so many levels, I don't even know where to begin.

Either way you look at it we need a viable third party because in my opinion we as American's haven't had a good clear choice since Reagan V Mondale.

I'd say since Clinton / Bush.

B

jamesag96

Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:34 pm

"kill the messanger"

The messenger is Pat Robertson, since when has he been held in such high regard?

"...and is so out-of-touch with what Iraq is really like,..."

Well fist off if you think you know what Iraq is really like I'd like to hear it, because I'd bet you and most others are wrong.

"Mr. Bush could say that to your sorry face"

"Smoooch!"

Wow...you got nothing huh?

jamesag96

Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:44 pm

"That comment is pointless on so many levels, I don't even know where to begin."

Feel free to begin, because I think it is important given the context of this conversation.

"I'd say since Clinton / Bush."

I don't think so because no one won a majority. In fact it could be effectively argued that the Repub base was adversely affected by Perot running. Had it been Clinton/Bush heads up it is possible we would have had a different outcome.

DC10GUY

Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:22 am

I'm sure Pat told Dubya that "God wants them rag geads dead" ... Pat Robertson is evil .. thats why he supports the republicans ....
Next time try the old "dirty Sanchez" She'll love it !!!

L-188

Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:30 am

Think Globally
Vote Kerry

No f-ing way!

OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

L-188

Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:38 am

Another question:

Anybody else find Pat Robertsons new found creditbility with the left wing because of this comment, strangely ironic?
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

b757300

Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:06 am

Anybody else find Pat Robertsons new found creditbility with the left wing because of this comment, strangely ironic?

I was just about the say the exact same thing. I can't even begin to count the number of threads the liberals on this forum have started bashing Robertson. Amazing now that they see him as a credible source when they've spent decades trying to destroy him.
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

DC10GUY

Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:59 am

Pat don't need help from the liberals when it comes to him being a asswipe... The Republicans love Pat because Pat loves to hate ... a match made in ......heaven ???

KYIPpilot

Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:04 am

CaptValve, you seem to have an obsession for posting that pic in political threads, and for shadowing Falcon everywhere he posts.
"It starts when you're always afraid; You step out of line, the man come and take you away" -Buffalo Springfield

Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:49 am

B757300...You're the last person that should be commenting on creditbility.

B

dan-air

Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:09 am

L-188:

Haw-Haw! Such a *funny* photoshop effort. Love the "French Tested" label - Ouch!

Back in the real world, it seems that the Bush Administration is so f-ing inept that we're having to rely on emergency supplies of flu vaccine...

From France.

EA CO AS

Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:54 am

As I have said before, to the defense of the President, and this is hard for me to say , I am sure this is being taken out of context somehow.

Bush could not have been that dumb to have said anything that dense, in spite of the fact that he not the most gifted of orators.

Not to mention the fact that the President practically bent over backwards warning the nation that both Afghanistan and Iraq were not going to be the cakewalk we had in Desert Storm.

Robertson's got it wrong.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

DC10GUY

Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:10 am

Yeah right ... Remember during the first Gulf war when Dubyas dad said " no more Vietnams " and Cheney said "we are not going to send American troops to war without a exit plan" I wonder what changed ???

jamesag96

Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:14 am

"Back in the real world, it seems that the Bush Administration is so f-ing inept that we're having to rely on emergency supplies of flu vaccine..."

Yeah...cause that is on Bush's shoulders too.

Where is that thread that blamed Bush for the recent Hurricanes when you need it?

DC10GUY

Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:25 am

Good thing we don't need small pox vaccine ah ???

StevenUhl777

Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:00 pm

ROTFLMAO

What the F..k????? English, please!  Nuts
And the winner for best actress is....REESE WITHERSPOON for 'Walk the Line'!!!!!!!!

lehpron

Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:10 pm

>>"Yeah right ... Remember during the first Gulf war when Dubyas dad said " no more Vietnams " and Cheney said "we are not going to send American troops to war without a exit plan" I wonder what changed ??? "<<

9/11 changed that mindset. Up until that point, terrorism was a law-enforcement deal and was not the military's problem. Everyone should know by now that we did not go into Kuwait to 'free them' either; we went cuz Saddam took over our Saudi oil supply. The difference now is that Operation Enduring Freedom is not about oil. It is certainly not about freeing dying Iraq's most of who died 10 years ago when the nation did not care as whole. It is about terrorism, it got bad over the years, it came to our doorstep and now we are all para-the-fucking-noid of it. It really came outta nowhere!

Have you heard the old saying about how people may have good intentions but not have good actions? I think when we went into Iraq last year, our intent was to prevent another 9/11; I think we set the stage for another [by accident.] For God's sake, our military is trained to defend/offend; they are not a peacekeeping force. Keeping the peace was never our military's job, hence why Bush announced the end of the war a looong time ago.

Unfortunately, since we have not had another 9/11 since the first, I think most people are entering the 'taken for granted' stage and are not thinking we are in danger anymore so they think about themselves; job, health, etc. Maybe after watching the war on TV and reading about the aftermath people will realize this is not over. Most people are bandwagoneers; chances are they thought it was cool to be patriotic and now it is a tagline.

Sadly, I think we 'need' another 9/11 to occur to rejuvenate this country's alignment. Seriously, when has there ever been a time when the country was united? (The first moon landing was part of the Cold War race with the Soviets). I think, again sadly, some officials in this Admin felt the same going into Iraq. That does not make them guilty of anything; just I think some may have thought that way. Freedom does have a price and in an economy, supply and demand rule, which applies to terrorism.

Think of terrorism like virus. You can either get rid of it and never see it again, or reduce its affects that will eventually return. If you wanted to make profits in a business, would you make a cure or a pain reliever? Ten years ago there were five companies making flu vaccines, now there are two. Why? There is not much money in the vaccine business. We need some kind of threat to keep our military active, for the economy.

How many spin-offs of technology can you name that occurred in relation to 9/11 and terrorism that went to both private citizens and law enforcement? More people are buying guns, homeowners are getting security systems, even some are getting biological/chemical/radiation protection for their walls, etc. There are hundreds of thousand of product available that go into our economy because of this threat. I do not want to sound sadistic; Bush is a genius, it is as if we are in another Cold War. It does not matter who is President, as long as there is terrorism, the economy will grow. How many times has trading slipped under Ashcroft's claims of pending danger, do not tell me the economy is not affected.  Insane

Hate doesn't end, it can be but who really wants it to? We as citizen do not want to be targeted, but that is the beauty of it. We will make purchases to protect ourselves physically and internet wise, where does that money go? Banks, Hotels, the government as a whole will do the same, who benefits? We will become a bigger superpower than we are, because we took advantage of an enemy.

We could have gotten Osama in Afghanistan, once you take out someone's leader; their loyalty only lasts as long as there is news about a rumored capture. This martyr crap only works if the image of the dead is kept alive. It would have been the end of Islamic terrorism that which can have the capability to attack the USA mainland by about 2006 and it wouldn't reoccur for another 20 years. Some "kid who's father died grows up to kick our ass" -type thing.

On the other hand, we can have a steady flow of fear and capital. Look China is going to become a larger economy than we are in 20 years we need something to compete with.

Psh, what has changed? You've got to be blind!
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

N317AS

Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:12 pm

Damn L-188. That world test was the funniest thing I've seen in awhile.

JUST WET YOUR PANTS AT THE FIRST SIGN OF A TERRORIST ATTACK!!!

I love it. I can just see JK standing up there pissing on the White House carpet, and Ted Kennedy mopping it up.
Some people are like Slinkies. They bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

DC10GUY

Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:09 pm

Lehpron, phuuuu what a bag of wind ...

MxCtrlr

Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:22 pm

I view Pat Robertson's credibility about as high as Fox News'. I also find it ironic that, because the message was one that casts Bush in a bad light, suddenly the other side jumps on it as gospel truth (even though the source is suspect). Now, if it were the other way around, those same people would be bashing and ridiculing everyone and everything over the source.

I guess they act just like their candidate - pick a side and then jump to the other side when needed. Let's set this straight - Pat Robertson believes God speaks to him about everything, just like Oral Roberts being told that "God was going to call him 'home' if he didn't raise x amount of millions of dollars by a certain date to build his 'Prayer Tower'"! Its a crock of shit perpetrated to make them look more important than they are - nothing more, nothing less.

MxCtrlr  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Freight Dogs Anonymous - O.O.T.S.K.  Smokin cool
DAMN! This SUCKS! I just had to go to the next higher age bracket in my profile! :-(

gkirk

Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:32 pm

ROFLMAO @ L-188s World Test  Laugh out loud  Laugh out loud  Big thumbs up
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

Falcon84
Topic Author

Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:57 pm

I also find it ironic that, because the message was one that casts Bush in a bad light, suddenly the other side jumps on it as gospel truth

Again, Mxctrlr, I put a little more creedence in it, not because I have any love for Mr. Robertson-the guy is a lunatic-but because he's a staunch ally and apparently a friend of the president. Had this come from a partisan Democrat, then maybe it can be dismissed, but from a friend and ally? What reason would the man have to lie about a statement like that.

What's REALLY funny, is the right-wingers falling all over themselves trying to discredit a right-winger. That's the funny part.
Work Right, Fly Hard

dan-air

Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:03 pm

Back in the real world, it seems that the Bush Administration is so f-ing inept that we're having to rely on emergency supplies of flu vaccine..."

Yeah...cause that is on Bush's shoulders too.

It most certainly is. Having adequate supplies of vaccine is the responsibility of the Department of Health and Human Services - who report to the president. They knew *months* ago that the British supplier was having problems with its product. Months.

So now, we're relying on Canada and France to supply the needed vaccine. What was it that Bush said in the debate about importation of drugs from Canada? Something about it not being safe?

If the president had ANY b*lls he'd take some responsibility, but this is Bush we're talking about so the buck stops anywhere-but-here.

Two.More.Weeks.

JGPH1A

Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:05 pm

No doubt the French flu vaccine will be renamed "Freedom vaccine" so that the US recipients won't feel so bad  Wink/being sarcastic
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

Falcon84
Topic Author

Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:09 pm

If the president had ANY b*lls he'd take some responsibility, but this is Bush we're talking about so the buck stops anywhere-but-here.

Remember, he never makes a mistake, so why should he take responsibilty? He's always right, isn't he?  Laugh out loud
Work Right, Fly Hard

Boeing7E7

Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:43 am

Could this be the end of the far right for the GOP??? Could it mean that Kerry will let Pat Robertson into the party???

Time will tell!

jaysit

Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:28 am

What on earth is a bigot like Robertson doing having breakfast with the President anyways?

Robertson's shaky credibility aside, this is tacit proof of how cozy the Christian Right is with this White House.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

dan-air

Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:41 am

What on earth is a bigot like Robertson doing having breakfast with the President anyways?

The lemmings that send their money to multi-millionaire Pat Robertson are for the most part Bush supporters. Who knew?

Thom@s

Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:45 am

Itn a way it will be a bit sad when... sorry "if"  Big grin Bush's presidental reign comes to an end. I can't imagine listening to Kerry will be as entertaining...  Smile

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

teva

Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:44 am

But he is right.... At least for the next couple of weeks....
And to achieve this result, he has asked Blair to move Brittish troops to more dangerous areas.
By this way, casualties will not be American.
Teva
Ecoute les orgues, Elles jouent pour toi...C'est le requiem pour un con

GDB

Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:19 am

I love these photo shop efforts still smearing France when THEY prevented a plot to crash an airliner on Paris in December 1994, (around that time captured terrorists from the 1993 WTC bombing were warning of a desire to do the same to the US, even hack writer Tom Clancy picked up on it).
They did it through good intelligence, use of special forces and as always in these things, a bit of luck.
Even funnier when the other target is someone from the US elite who actually saw combat (a rare thing generally, rare as rocking horse shit in the Bush administration).

Some of you really cannot stand it can you, quiet effective use of forces rather than churning out endless trash movies about said forces.

Chirac saw combat in the first major clash between the West and Arab insurgents, in Algeria.
No surprise that other reasons apart, he probably had a gut feeling about how Iraq would go, more so when combat dodging idealouges in Washington would veto putting enough troops in, have no exit plan and all the rest.
France failed in Algeria, they ran the place before, had many French citizens living there, knew the country very well, certainly knew it better than anyone in the Bush administration knew Iraq.