yanksn4

Does She Like Me?

Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:33 am

Greetings everyone. For the past three years, this girl and I have constantly picked on each other everyday. I mean like we make fun of each other or push each other. Well three years ago, I asked her out and I think she would have gone out with me if I was the first to ask her. Again I like her (for some reason) and just want to make sure she likes me. I'm sorry if this sounds crazy and all over the place. Thanks for your time and hopefully responses.

Signed,
Matthew
2013 Airports: EWR, JFK, LGA, LIS, AGP, DEN, GIG, RGN, BKK, LHR, FRA, LAX, SYD, PER, MEL, MCO, MIA, PEK, IAH

nosedive

RE: Does She Like Me?

Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:41 am

If you have to ask, no..... and how bout that grand slam  Big grin

Usairwys757

Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:42 am

If you have to ask, no..... and how bout that grand slam

What grand slam??

Signed, Yanksn4
Inactive.....

VonRichtofen

Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:46 am

She'd probably date you if you were a Red Sox fan  Big grin

I keeeed I keeeed!!

N766UA

Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:50 am

Don't waste your time.
This Website Censors Me

N766UA

Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:51 am

Holy good God you're only 13-15? DEFINATELY don't waste your time, then. Don't get into girls till you're at least like 17 or 18. Even then it's not worth it but at least you can get some kicks  Big thumbs up
This Website Censors Me

ZKSUJ

Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:54 am

Keep wiating for a little while but drop hints along the way. Seeing as you have been good friends, you can't just go for it right now.
Drop little hints like 'I wonder what it would be like if we were...' something along those lines and she should give you an indication by her responses.
Good luck and best wishes, but don't push it too hard.

SUJ

QANTAS077

Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:54 am

ask her mum out if she's a milf!  Big grin

EGGD

Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:02 am

Yeah I can see that a 13-15 (get a feeling its the lower end of this demographic) asking out a 35-50 year old  Big grin.

futureuapilot

Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:08 am

At my highschool, i've noticed alot of people who are best friends, decide to go out with eachother, get into a fight and loose their friendship. It's just me, but I would wait till a little later, don't wanna loose your friendship... But that's just my opinion...
-future Big grin
The Pilot is the highest form of life on Earth!

N766UA

Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:12 am

Everyone who goes out before the age of 20 gets in a fight and looses their friendship. You're virtually guranteed to end up hating your girlfriend, it's just a matter of how many you want to end up hating. The longer you wait, the less immature girls you have to worry about. At the age of 14 or 15 girls are just about guranteed to cheat on you with some other immature D-bag of a guy, too.
This Website Censors Me

CanadianNorth

Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:23 am

I'd wait a while, if your not sure if they are interested in you or not, its better to shut up about it for a while than to jump right in and end up having yer friend no longer want to be a friend. Trust me, I learned the hard way.

CanadianNorth

Edit: for the full story about me learning the hard way see the thread here in the non-av titled "I Have A Question For You". It can be found here: http://www.airliners.net/discussions/non_aviation/read.main/639518/

[Edited 2004-10-22 04:26:08]
What could possibly go wrong?

ordflyer

DoRE: Does She Like Me?

Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:27 am

Take the advice of the last two posts! Back in high school I was good/best friends with a girl for a bit over two years. Somehow we got to dating but that lasted just a few weeks and we eventually lost the friendship which sucked since we had a lot of fun times. Moral of the story...don't worry so much about relationships at your younger age, you have your whole life ahead of you so just enjoy things the way they are. As my cousin always said, at that age people change boyfriends/girlfriends as often as they change clothes, so chances are you'd end up losing your friendship.

ZKSUJ

Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:34 am

Once again, be sure about it before you make a move. You have to be more or less 100% sure before anything happens otherwise it could spell disaster.
I know people who were best mates, then went out and broke up. Now they don't even talk to each other. But in saying that, I know people (older than me) who were also best mates, went out and are now married.
I know marriage is too far at this stage, but I'm just trying to say that you should control your self until everything is crystal clear. Do not make snappy judgements right now.

KCmike

Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:02 pm

Listen when we all say its not worth losing the friendship. Your chances are slim right now and like N766UA put it girls will cheat on you with some other low-life. Even if she "was" your bestfriend. Ive been down that road...wait a while.

Mike
Cleared for the option...

WellHung

Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:24 pm

Well it doesn't sound like much of a friendship anyway. Invite her over after school, push it as far as you can and then the next time you see her act like nothing happened.

Dash8King

Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:53 am

I have been able to stay friends with people after going out with them.

FJWH

Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:28 am

13-15!!

I mean, at this age, just like you said, all the girls and boys are 'teasing' each other etc.! But think of this, magine....: the girl starts to like you ..but then????? Are you going to hold each other hands etc???  Smile I mean , sex, or any other thing related to that is out of the question, right?

Right, now off-topic for a moment: My girlfriend is 16, she isn't in to sex. What should I do?? I'm 19 and a man, you get it... At this age you just wanna ...well you know..so don't get me started about respect for her etc  Smile! Well I have, of course I'm NOT going to force her but I think I'm going to dump her cause not only that but I'm not really in love anymore. What do you think?

FlightS in the next 3 months: MSP, PHX, MEM, NCE, TFS, BCN. All round trips from AMS

N766UA

Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:40 am

FJWH: If there's any doubt, end it. Obviously there's doubt, you just expressed it, so why perpetuate a lie? The longer you wait the harder it is on both of you.
This Website Censors Me

airkas1
Crew

Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:38 am

That story of FJWH is already outdated Big thumbs up

Was that in preparation of the Danish blonde you're going to meet next year  Smile/happy/getting dizzy Big grin  Smokin cool
 Innocent

Edit: typo...

[Edited 2004-10-23 02:39:21]
Airliners.net Crew - Photo Screener

emiratesa345

Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:55 pm

FJWH,

You send her my way! I'm willing to wait a little while. lol As long as in person, she looks the way she does in the pictures you posted, I'll wait!

LOL

Mark
You and I were meant to fly, Air Canada!

FJWH

Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:02 pm

Okay, update!!

I broke up with her but I got a trip plannen to Denmark (like my good friend Airkas1 said) so don't worry about me  Big thumbs up!

EmiratesA345:

Haha, your not up to date  Nuts. That girl from the pictures in the other thread, well that has been like 6 weeks ago  Nuts. This was another girl!  Smile
But good news for you, she's probably going to Canada in the summer of 2005 and she's also going to Cap Coudalere, Le barcares (near PGF) for those who are interested  Smile/happy/getting dizzy. If your coming, pay me a visit also, I'm also at Cap Coudalere  Smile

FJWH
FlightS in the next 3 months: MSP, PHX, MEM, NCE, TFS, BCN. All round trips from AMS

yanksn4

Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:35 am

Guys, I know I have alot of time in the future to think about this, but I just feel left out or something because I don't have a girlfriend. So, if you don't mind, could you please give an answer whether she likes me or not because of what I described.

Signed,
Matthew
2013 Airports: EWR, JFK, LGA, LIS, AGP, DEN, GIG, RGN, BKK, LHR, FRA, LAX, SYD, PER, MEL, MCO, MIA, PEK, IAH

ConcordeBoy

Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:46 am

Yeah I can see that a 13-15 (get a feeling its the lower end of this demographic) asking out a 35-50 year old

...worked on Mary Kay Letourneau  Laugh out loud
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

vafi88

Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:47 am

Don't get into girls till you're at least like 17 or 18

Another reason not to trust conservatives!! HAHA

Matthew, Just go up to her, and invite her to hang out somewhere (parks, movies, go to a food joint somewhere) and then see how she acts outside of school, ask her questions about her *love life* (obviously rephrase that, as you are a bit too young to have a love life, but not young enough to be interested in the opposite sex.)

Just see where it takes you, become closer friends with her.
I'd like to elect a president that has a Higher IQ than a retarted ant.

N766UA

Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:39 am

Yeah, you should never trust someone who offers sage, honest advice....

Weirdo.
This Website Censors Me

atrude777

Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:24 am

hey-

im in a similair situation only we r older..me being 17 and her also 17.
we hang alot, she calls me babe, hugs me alot, and she seems somehwat attatched to me. alot say she wants me, but something inside of me thinks she just wants to be friends. iv decided if she wants me then she will let me know, and i dont need to lose the great friendship we do already have! i mean sometimes its great to have a girl as a friend cause u guys can hug, kiss and hold hands and not be actually intimiate and its still loose! i like her and am interested but i doubt itd work, so im not pushing the relationship, if it goes farther it will, if it doesnt i know i still have her as a good friend. so basically matthew go with ur instinct, its all I can say!

Alex
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

mia

Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:22 pm

Dude, this happens to a lot of people. I am no expert at relationships; but your situation is tricky. People here give sound advice so take what they say into consideration but in the end I must say trust your gut. If you do something, or not; and it comes out wrong then it was not meant to be.

I have a relationship like that, with a friend. Except that this girl knows me so well she does not want to date me; I have a friend that once told me to let stuff happen. I remember that this happened to me in middle school and I was so traumatized at rejection that I ended up going to a high school that I knew would forbid me from relationships with girls; now I am in college and I am behind 4 years on relationship development.

I hope your dilema works out for the best and dont let it get you down if it does not work out.
"Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen."

BartiniMan

Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:03 pm

"but I just feel left out or something because I don't have a girlfriend." you make it sound like you need a girlfriend as a "fashion accessory".

None of us here have enough info to know the relationship between you too, how she acts when around you etc.. So we can't give you a straight yes or no answer. I would take the advice of Vafi88, sounds like a good way to spend some time with her without making it too obvious. And if it goes good from there, then you can make it more obvious to her...

BartiniMan

LHMark

Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:06 pm

Yanks. Just be confident, stop calling her names, and tell her you're planning to take her to dinner, or something. Don't worry about your peers. You're still caught in the age where rejection by a girl shoots around the whole school, and i remember the humiliation. Plow through it. If she doesn't accep, soe other chick is going to admire that you had the cojones to make your move.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

ZKSUJ

Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:06 pm

If you want an answer. take her out for a 'casual' thing and see where it goes from there.

Good Luck.

lehpron

Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:18 pm

Yanksn4, I'm pretty sure you already made up your mind before you asked this question to us. I am not going to tell you if she likes you, that is up to her, so friggin ask her! Don't give your 'friend' an ultimatum, i.e. "go out with me or we won't be friends" -- she'll drop yo ass if she has any respect for herself. Just ask "what if's". If she says no, bug her NEXT YEAR.

One thing you have got to keep in mind: In most instances where friends go romantic and it didn't work (which happens often), neither party ever saw each other again; you can't go back! Both of you have to be willing to not ever see each other to want each other so badly. Ever heard the phrase, "if you love someone, let them go"?

>>"I just feel left out or something because I don't have a girlfriend."<<

Of course you feel left out, you're experiencing great pressure to conform, that is to be like everybody else. But unless she is gonna get something out of it, you are being selfish. Ask her what she thinks about stuff; in a romantic relationship it matters more than you.

That is what I think it means to have a girlfriend, that it has to be real.

If this isn't real, that maybe you're just horny, don't drag her into that. You may forget but she has to live with it. You have to like her and she has to like you for the same reasons. Remember she has to get something out of it and calling you a boyfriend means a lot to girls your age. Unless you really cared, I doubt you know what you would be getting yourself into.

Statistically and probablistically, most grade school romances last less than a month.
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

OYRJA

Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:21 pm

Well...

When I screwed her the other day she kept saying your name. So I guess she likes you  Big grin

Nah just kidding. Big grin
Just ask the girl if she has the same feelings for you and thell her about your feelings for her. And if you are a real gentleman. You invite her out when you ask her. Take her to a nice Café or something like that.

[Edited 2004-10-27 08:22:51]

FJWH

Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:47 pm

We broke up last friday...... and already found my self another potential victim  Big grin

FJWH  Smile

ZKSUJ

Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:20 pm

How do u do it FJWH? Your a bloody Romeo  Big grin

Yanksn4-Whatever you do, make sure that SHE is happy. If you like her enough you will sacrifice your feelings for her to be happy. Once again, good luck and keep us posted.

OYRJA

Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:23 pm

ZKSUJ,

Didn't you know that FJWH takes Dancing lessons? To be exact he takes Square Dance lessons Big grin
And I can tell you that they have a lot of nice hoes there  Big thumbs up
So he must pull his magic when he's there  Big grin

yanksn4

Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:07 am

Hey if any of you guys are on AOL and want to discuss it with me, just instant message me at NYYankeesn4.

ZKSUJ

Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:45 pm

What about MSN Messenger?