futureuapilot

Pop Up Troubles

Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:28 am

Hey, i know this has been discussed before, but i'm wondering if anyone else is having the same problem as me. About a month ago, i started getting pop ups, nothing bad, just a few every hour or two. Now, i can't do anything online because of all them. I have the Yahoo Toolbar, Google Toolbar, and Pop Up Stopper Pro, but they all don't seem to be working. Logging on today, Google was giving me pop ups, and it's really bugging me!!! I have run ad-aware, spybot search and destroy, and any other free program i can get my hands on to, but none of them are working. Any help is appreciated! Thanks,
-Sam Big grin
The Pilot is the highest form of life on Earth!

flyingbronco05

RE: Pop Up Troubles

Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:50 am

Do you actually RUN adaware and use the deep scan option?
Never Trust Your Fuel Gauge

futureuapilot

Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:18 am

Yeah, i run ad-aware twice a day, with the deep scan.
-Sam

hawaiian717

Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:43 am

futureuapilot

Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:52 am

I kinda would like to keep IE if possible. My computer just downloaded the Windows Service Pack 2, and it included a pop up stopper that seems to be doing the trick! Thanks!
-Sam

andz

Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:37 am

if you have windows XP....service pack 2 is going to give you more trouble than the pop ups by all accounts here....
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF...

flyingbronco05

Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:32 am

if you have windows XP....service pack 2 is going to give you more trouble than the pop ups by all accounts here....

Am I the only one who hasn't had any problems with XP SP 2?
Never Trust Your Fuel Gauge

b757300

Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:41 am

Am I the only one who hasn't had any problems with XP SP 2?

I've been using SP2 since it came out on my home computer and two at work. So far only one minor problem and that was with some (work) software from Novell. Took about 5 minutes to fix as all I had to do was get an update from Novell to fix the conflict.

If you're getting popups while running that many blockers, it is almost certain that you've got spyware and probably a lot of it. While AdAware and Spybot are good, download and try Spywarezapper. While it is only good for 5 days, it will clean off just about every known type of spyware that is currently infecting your computer. I liked the program so much I actually paid for it and haven't had a single spyware problem since then. It would also be good to run a full system scan for viruses. If you don't have an anti-virus program, you can run a free scan Here but it won't remove anything.
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."