rjpieces

49 Iraqi Soldiers Executed

Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:51 am

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A58312-2004Oct24.html

The bodies of 49 freshly trained Iraqi National Guard recruits, lined up and executed by insurgents, were discovered on a roadside about 75 miles northeast of Baghdad, Iraqi officials said Sunday.
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

anxebla

RE: 49 Iraqi Soldiers Executed

Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:11 am

That's a shame, poor people... poor Irak... and poor military on Irak  Crying That country is almost a hell, not a country.
I hope Irak don't become in a new Vietnam!!!
AIRBUS 320 The world's most advanced single-aisle aircraft

L-188

Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:01 am

It will if Kerry is elected.

Kerry hung our troops out to die in Nam, and if elected president he will do the same to our boys in Iraq.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

anxebla

Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:36 am

L-188... What wrong with you, guy?  Angry Are you drunk... crazy... are you silly... or do u think other people are stupid?
G.Bush is RESPONSIBLE for EACH US-soldier died in Irak... in addition to that, is the most stupid US president in many many years.
If Irak is a new Vietnam, G.W. Bush is the main resposible for it!!!!
US people (or unless some of them) .... Why are you under anaesthetic all the time???  Crying

L-188

Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:38 am

No Anxebla.

Saddam Hussain and radial islam at various times have been responsible for the deaths.

flyyul

Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:39 am

L-188,

So go fight in Iraq... enlist like the 1,200 other American souls.

Your a tool...

commander_rabb

Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:32 am

The sad part of all this is that these Iraqi's were trying to put food on their plate at home and thus in doing so, make Iraq a safer place.

They are now dead, and all we have to show for it, is some ignorance being posted on a web site by Anxebla and FLYUL.

Sad and most pathetic.

airplay

Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:48 am

Kerry hung our troops out to die in Nam, and if elected president he will do the same to our boys in Iraq.

That has got to be the most inaccurate statement I’ve read on this board. How exactly dod Kerry hang American troops “out to die in Nam”???

This should be good….

Falcon84

Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:49 am

What's sad and most pathetic, CR, is they died because of actions put in motion by George W. Bush. THey died for absolutely nothing, excpet to get Bush re-elected.
Work Right, Fly Hard

commander_rabb

Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:25 pm

They died for absolutely nothing, except to get Bush re-elected.

Don't you think that cheapens their lives saying such trash?

Deep down I know you don't mean that. If you do, you are caught up it the vortex of bellicose political poop.

Falcon84

Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:28 pm

Don't you think that cheapens their lives saying such trash?

No, it cheapens the man that stands on the verge of another 4 years in the White House, and speaks of him with total dishonor.

Deep down I know you don't mean that.

I absolutely believe it. I think this war, in part, was put in motion looking towards to that day a week from tomorrow. I have no doubt of that in my mind at all.

[Edited 2004-10-26 05:46:41]
Work Right, Fly Hard

commander_rabb

Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:33 pm

Well I feel sorry for you since you feel that way. You have to look beyond the politics sometime.

Get ready...in a week it will all be over. For you and "your" like minded souls that is.

What is it now, 210 electoral votes that are solid in the Bush tally sheet?

Falcon84

Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:52 pm

Well I feel sorry for you since you feel that way.

I really could care less if you're sorry for me. I say that in all earnestness, and I believe it.

Depends who you look at. Most mock-ups right now have Bush between 210 and 220, and Kerry between about 197-210. That's tight, man.
Work Right, Fly Hard

zak

Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:52 pm

it is a very similar mechanism as if the french resistance would have killed people joining the army of pétain and laval. they were, just as the current iraqi government, nothing more but collaborateurs with the invasion army and traitors to their country.
if anyone invaded my country, i would also consider anyone enemy that is cooperating with the invasion force and even going as far as joining a military that helps them in supression of my people.
10=2

IndianGuy

Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:55 pm

Our Alaskan friend here seems to believe in the old adage that if you repeat a lie ten times over, and do it confidently enough, then it becomes the truth. Or atleast the accepted truth!

Why am I not surprised?

qr332

Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:25 pm

L-188,
Did Saddam tell you guys to haul your ass to Iraq and fuck it up like you did? Did Saddam fire the smart bombs, go saying "WMDs! Go get them!"? If it is Saddam why did the attacks increase when he was caught? Do us a favor and dont talk out of your ass.

Commander,

May God help us all...

Zak,
that is how these people thing and what they do. I am ready to shoot myself if America was invaded and the American people didnt do the same as in Iraq - just try to get rid of the invading force in any way possible.
"The greatest threat to knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

FDXmech

Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:48 pm

>>>that is how these people thing and what they do. I am ready to shoot myself if America was invaded and the American people didnt do the same as in Iraq - just try to get rid of the invading force in any way possible.<<<

To the your best knowledge. Was this act carried out in the cause of Iraqi nationalism or by terrorists with little regard to the welfare of the citizens of Iraq?
You're only as good as your last departure.

commander_rabb

Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:54 am

Was this act carried out in the cause of Iraqi nationalism or by terrorists with little regard to the welfare of the citizens of Iraq?

Right on target there!

These insurgents don't care about the fodder called the Iraqi people.

That's obvious when they kill them with no regard at all. They would kill their own mother to walk the path to find virgins in paradise.

I say we should give them the first surprise of their dead lives.

qr332

Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:56 am

FDX,
I am not saying its right. I am saying that this is the typical reaction - we are normal human beings, not saints, and when you are put in the situation the Iraqi people are in right now your idea of nationalism and welfare for your fellow citizens changes.

[Edited 2004-10-26 20:57:33]
"The greatest threat to knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

anxebla

Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:00 am

Sorry to say it, --because this is out of the topic on this thread-- but AMERICA is the name of a CONTINENT. There's not any such country called "America"
Thank you to all for the attention  Big grin You can go on  Smile

commander_rabb

Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:27 am

Well 295,000,000 Americans will disagree with you.

Damn, and all this time I've been saying God bless America.

LOL and as you said..."sorry to say it."  Yeah sure

anxebla

Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:53 am

"Commander" Rabb What username!  Laugh out loud hahahahaha, and in addition to that, you're from the extreme right-wing and bit mad... Don't you have money to visit any psychiatrist??? Ah!... I understand... US-gov don't have money to pay a universal cover in health... cos the army is the first, in priorities?
Ah!!! fijaté vos (like argentinian people say) all money to the Army... cos it is mandatory to impose the US "pax" all over the world, and to invade other countries when necesary...
POOR of us (including to US as well) if Bush go on 4 years more  Crying

flyyul

Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:11 am

Today,

More Iraqis have been killed.. the country is in the midst of a civil war, and all the extreme right-wing (who probably have never stepped out of America) have to say, "its going to be worse under Kerry".

This exemplifies intelligence.. absolute brilliance. Its so sad that this world is such a close-minded place.

anxebla

Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:08 am

EXACTILY!!! I agree with you, FLYYUL
Close-minded....(estrechez de miras, in Spanish.It come from "estrecho" which in English is "narrow" estrechez=narrowness if it exist in English) that's the best word to define it and it that Bush is... and Blair, the silliest Bristish PM (And it he's "labour") Fortunatelly for us, Spaniards, Aznar is far away from "La Moncloa" (the "Spanish White House")

commander_rabb

Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:21 am

Fortunatelly for us, Spaniards, Aznar is far away from "La Moncloa" (the "Spanish White House")

Yes he is, the Spaniards have a few trains go "kaboom" and the entire population freaks and runs scared. They vote out Anzar, then they start a troop withdrawl from Iraq that sets a terrible precident.

How brave of you. Too bad it looks like you fell right into the terrorists hands. Capitulation!

You cut and ran scared.

That's the perception we have in America. Yes, America! You made the choice. Now you live with yourselves. And the latest news is there are still terrorist cells in Spain looking to do YOU harm.

Good luck.

Yeah sure

anxebla

Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:31 am

Aznar was a real liar, he was the worst Spanish PM in the last 30 years. For that reason he (and his party, PP) lost the election.
We are not scared, "Commander"... we have stood a cruel and evil domestic terrorism during a lot of years (eta) USA NEVER must to teach us NOTHING about terrorism..... OK?

DC10GUY

Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:47 am

Bush don't care about the America soldiers in Iraq, I doubt that he cares much for those poor souls ... What a shame. Its been 30 years since Vietnam You would think America would never let it happen again....but it has.
Next time try the old "dirty Sanchez" She'll love it !!!

JOSEMEX

Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:23 am

>Aznar was a real liar, he was the worst Spanish PM in the last 30 years. For that reason he (and his party, PP) lost the election.<

No, Andrés. Aznar lost the election because of 11-M, as you know full well that all the polls had him ahead until that day.

Sometimes it's good to read other newspapers besides "El Pais".

Klaus

JoseMEX

Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:48 am

JoseMEX: No, Andrés. Aznar lost the election because of 11-M, as you know full well that all the polls had him ahead until that day.

If he hadn´t attempted to manipulate the police investigation to mislead the voters he would still have made it. The polls went south only when he was caught with his hands in the cookie-jar, pants at his ankles...

Sure, it was a massive embarrassment to his fellow war-proponents. But at least the spaniards drew the consequences.

L-188

Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:51 am

Anzar was ahead until Al-Quida lit off that bomb and Anzar blew the goverments reporting of the investigation.

Fact is that Al-Quiche got exactly what they wanted by lighting that bomb off.

JOSEMEX

Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:57 am

Thanks for supporting my assertion that the polls went south only after the Madrid bombings, and not because he was the worst prime minister in 30 years, as Anxebla states.

By the way, if Spain withdrew its troops from Iraq, and now has an "antiwar' government, what's the excuse for the bombing plots that were foiled with the terrorist arrests this week?

Maybe terrorists are, well, terrorists after all.

Usairwys757

Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:58 am

The Iraqi's are going to do it to themselves L-188, in 10 years Iraq will be right back to the same place it was before. Thats all their people know, they arent going to change overnight. But your already looking for ways to blame Kerry for the situation in Iraq, its Bush's fault we are there in the first place. Dont go blaming it on other people. Nice try.  Insane
Inactive.....

anxebla

Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:29 pm

L-188 ...You don't know NOTHING about Spain,  Angry so your opinion here is not valuable at all.Go on watching FOX "news" and eating hamburgers with bacon.
Jose... Must you tell me that newspaper MUST I read? A ver.... give me examples.... "El Mundo".... "ABC".... "La (sin) Razon" hahahahahaha  Laugh out loud ....
To say PP lost the election as consecuence the 11-M is FALSE.
PP lost election by liars, arrogants and useless -- houses prices a 117% more expensive than 4 years ago, Aznar like a new Monica Lewinsky for shame of us, inflation uncontrolled, gescartera and corruption... yes, yes, corruption which is not only a issue from PSOE, and etc, etc--(even today, there's "journalist" who say eta did it, instead of an islamic group..... pero estos idiotas se creen que lo somos cuando lo son ellos??)
Venga ya, José! And I read all type of newspapers, but I prefer, "El País", Spain's leading newspaper and the best seller in Spain (que por algo será ¿no?)

JOSEMEX

Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:07 pm

>the best seller in Spain (que por algo será ¿no?)<
Not necessarily. According to this logic, for instance, the top-grossing film of the year is also the best? Ves cómo no?

>who say eta did it, instead of an islamic group..<

Well, that whole thing gets murkier every day. What with the relations between imprisoned ETA members and Islamists being interrogated, things are definitely not as clear as the government would like them to be.

>- houses prices a 117% more expensive than 4 years ago<

How much have housing prices risen in the last few months? Whatever became of the thousands of "viviendas" promised? Oh, wait, now they're not even "viviendas" but "soluciones habitacionales"... what is that, a room?

And I insist: what was the excuse now for the terrorists arrested and the plots foiled against the Audiencia Nacional last week? The presence of Spanish troops in Haiti? Aznar is no longer in power, Spain is no longer in Iraq, so what is the excuse now? A country does not live on "talante" alone.

And yes, there is such a thing as "mal talante".

anxebla

Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:28 pm

I know it... so what?? Terrorist are always terrorist... I invit you, to see my thread "Islamic terrorism to continue?"
eta is also a terrorist group --fortunatelly almost in the end--.But it's clear AQ (or a Islamic terrorist group) is the main "responsible" in the Atocha's terrorist attack.Other things are nonsenses and "intoxicaciones" PERIOD!
And again... I'm very happy to see PP out.I HOPE to see, also, Bush out from White House next year.
(por cierto.... más que votar al PSOE, voté contra el PP... fíjate que la matización es muy importante,... y también, un poco triste porque no es votar a alguien, es votar contra alguien)

L-188

Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:03 pm

Anxebla.....I don't watch fox...don't even have cable.

But what I do know is that Anzar had a 3 point lead going into 11-M and then f'ed up by putting the blame on ETA for 2 days after.....

Tell me where that history is wrong....As you note I wasn't there.

zak

Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:42 pm

anxebla has perfectly summed up the reasons why aznar got the shaft.
pro franco anti democracy facists did well before 11-M because their cardhouse of lies was doing a good job at decieving the spanish people of their real intentions. when the people found out about the lies and deception of aznar and marianito rajoy the afternoon before the election, the outrage about them trying to abuse a terrorist attack for their political gain had been massive. it demasked their lies over all the years to many people.

if you had been in madrid that evening, you would know that if mr. anzaar(right george?) and rajoy had paid a visit to sol, facismo popular would have needed 2 new leaders for the election on the next day since they would have gotten lynched by the people that evening.

""La (sin) Razon" hahahahahaha Laugh out loud .... "

so true lol : )))
10=2

JOSEMEX

Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:05 pm

>because their cardhouse of lies was doing a good job at decieving the spanish people of their real intentions<

And what were their real intentions?

zak

Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:18 pm

if they had the chance, they would have abolished democracy and returned to a francoesque dictatorship. but more realistically, the facismo popular(PP) agenda was to turn spain into a neo liberal economy paired with christian fundamentalism, similar to what the bush government does in the u.s. .
add a truckload of suppression of catalunya, e.h. and galicia and you have their complete agenda.

edit:

lets not forget that aznar and racismorajoy actually tried to get the king to declare the election void, shows their respect for democracy. good to know that juan carlos has always been democracys trojan horse under franco and proves to be a key figure in the continuing prosperity and freedom of the people on the iberian peninsual.

[Edited 2004-10-27 15:20:47]
10=2

JOSEMEX

Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:28 pm

>lets not forget that aznar and racismorajoy actually tried to get the king to declare the election void,<

According to whom, to Pedro Almodovar?

FDXmech

Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:46 pm

>>>FDX,
I am not saying its right. I am saying that this is the typical reaction - we are normal human beings, not saints, and when you are put in the situation the Iraqi people are in right now your idea of nationalism and welfare for your fellow citizens changes.
<<<

QR332

I know you're not saying it's right. But most of these brutal attacks, were they perpetrated by Iraqi's in the name of Iraqi nationalism or by terrorists who find this a convenient venue?

What do you think the average Iraqi mom and dad want.
Are they quietly applauding these actions as a means to a better life or do they want the coalition to succeed in helping bring back stability, elections, prosperity and then get the heck out?

I know most Americans want to get the heck out when the job is done. But don't you feel getting out now would be terribly unfair to the average Iraqi citizen?

IMO, I think we've heard (meaning the worlds media) every point of view except the average Iraqi citizen.

Rightly or wrongly I think of him/her just like me. Looking for a better life for me and my family. He didn't ask for this war, and neither did he ask to be born under a brutal regime. His being born in Iraq and me in the US is as the saying goes, an accident of fate. Why not improve their lot?

qr332

Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:49 am

FDX,
But most of these brutal attacks, were they perpetrated by Iraqi's in the name of Iraqi nationalism or by terrorists who find this a convenient venue?

In the name of Iraqi nationalism, and in the name of avenging their loved ones. When you lose your son/daughter/mother/father/etc, you lose your ideas of right and wrong. With what these people have gone through, they dont care anymore, they want to get back at the West in any way possible.

What do you think the average Iraqi mom and dad want.
Are they quietly applauding these actions as a means to a better life or do they want the coalition to succeed in helping bring back stability, elections, prosperity and then get the heck out?

I say this from what i've heard from Iraqi friends and my interpritation of whats going on. The Iraqi people want the colation to get the hell out, and leave them alone. They dont want the colation to help them, and I think they made this clear. As long as there is a US presence, they dont want them there.

I know most Americans want to get the heck out when the job is done. But don't you feel getting out now would be terribly unfair to the average Iraqi citizen?

I think what has already happened is incredibly unfair to them.

FDXmech

Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:15 am

>>>In the name of Iraqi nationalism, and in the name of avenging their loved ones. When you lose your son/daughter/mother/father/etc, you lose your ideas of right and wrong.<<<

Granted. But do you see Zarqawi killing people whom are IMO trying to better the Iraqi situation & ordinary citizens as well, being defined as nationalism (he's not Iraqi) or to further his own agenda (he's an avowed AQ operator)?

I can see the Iraqi citizenry wanting the coalition out. Unfortunately the Iraqi public is being squeezed between a rock and a hard place. they are now unwitting pawns in the geo-political picture. Between US election pandering and much of the world seeing Iraq as an American foreign policy problem rather than, let's be pragmatic, an Iraqi problem. Large ego's and nationalism (not Iraqi) have put them in the middle of a terrible quandry.

You can't open up someone's body during surgery and then say, "It's hard, I quit". The job must be finished and a stable Iraq returned to the Iraqi's. Do you see a different choice?