FDXmech
Topic Author

Gepardt Vs Bush

Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:19 pm

If Dick Gephardt had won the Democratic nomination, do you think he'd stand a better chance than Kerry of defeating George Bush?
You're only as good as your last departure.

Falcon84

RE: Gepardt Vs Bush

Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:26 pm

Well, so far, Kerry still has a pretty decent chance of winning. He's dead even in most polls with the +/- factor, so I don't know what more Gephart would have brought to the table.

I suspect that, unless the Dems had really gone on a limb with Howard Dean, who is just too far out there, in my view, the race would be pretty much what it is now, if Gephart had been the nominee.
Work Right, Fly Hard

MaverickM11

Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:27 am

No way; thankfully everyone realized what he was: an isolationist Luddite labor puppet. He would destroy the economy.
E pur si muove -Galileo

Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:38 am

I was 100% behind Bob Graham actually, having seen his work from my time in Florida. I think he would have easily defeated Bush. Sadly he had heart surgery early in the primaries, which took him out of the spotlight, and he never caught up.

B

FDXmech
Topic Author

Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:21 am

I think Gephardt would've been a better choice.

I don't think there would be any question about his ability to assume Commander in Chief.

He would be a natural in the midwest swing states. Not only is he a Missourian but a staunch voice for American labor.

He's alway's seemed to me a centrist Democrat. I like 'em.
You're only as good as your last departure.