KiwiNanday
Topic Author

How To Get A Certified Birth Certificate In MA

Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:34 am

As many of you know, I will be going to the Fantabulous FRA Meet. This means that I need a passport. In the US, if you are under 15, you must bring a certified birth certificate with you when you go to get your passport. The trouble is, I don't know where to get one Insane Can someone help me?

Cheers,
Kiwi
Silly Islamic extremists, it's just a cartoon!

ltbewr

RE: How To Get A Certified Birth Certificate In MA

Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:51 am

First of all, are you sure your parents don't have it some place with their important personal papers?
First, you got to figure out where you were born and go to that city, county or state's office of Dept. of Health, or County clerk's office. Once you determine that, the do a search for a website for the jurisdiction you need to get it from. Usually most government websites that have those records will state the procedures you need to do to get such records and the fees charged. You may have to do in it person, produce some form of ID and have at least one of your parents with you. What you want is a "Raised letter seal"/official/original replacement certificate. Check the US State Department website (do a web search) for the forms and instructions for application for a passport. You will have to apply in person to a government authority, such as a County clerk, or selected post offices. See the State Dept. website section as to where you go for your initial filing. You will have to have at least one parent with you when you apply, and if under a certain age, BOTH parents need to accompany you due to laws to limit child abductions in nasty divorce situation.

concord977

Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:21 am

Here are some ideas for you:

http://www.americanbirthcertificate.com/
" ... American Birth Certificate is a full service provider of certified birth certificates and American passports. We are able to provide certified copies of birth certificates for all states except Hawaii, New Mexico, Louisiana and Iowa. ... They can be used to apply for your passport, obtain a drivers license, for travel into Canada, Mexico or any other country that only requires a drivers license and birth certificate to enter. The average process times for 95% of the states we service is 1 to 3 days.... "

http://www.vitalrec.com/ma.html
" ... This page tells how to obtain copies of Massachusetts vital records, such as birth certificates, death records, marriage licenses & divorce decrees. See the guidelines for general information on how to order vital records. Check the related links for additional vital records and genealogical information on Massachusetts. ... "

http://birth-certificates.net/massachusetts.htm
To order MA birth certificates online, go to: http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408&siteid=40898359&bfpage=vitalcheck01
No info

desertjets

Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:00 am

Like LTBEWR said I am willing to bet FIVE DOLLARS (Canadian  Smile) that your parents have an official copy of your birth certificate already on file somewhere. If not they, not you, will need to go to the appropriate local, county, state office to get it. Once you have it make sure you file it away in a place with all your other important documents that you need from time to time.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

N312RC

Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:48 am

In Michigan, you go to the city in which you were born and visit their Vital Records Department. They will xerox your requested documents on special authenticity guaranteed paper and affix a raised seal, as well as a signature.

Voila, there you have it.
N/A

PHLBOS

Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:14 pm

Here's another web-site option for you to use:

http://www.vitalchek.com
"TransEastern! You'll feel like you've never left the ground because we treat you like dirt!" SNL Parady ad circa 1981

tanyaluvs2fly

Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:36 pm

I know that here in Maine you can get a BC in the towns that you were born in and the town where your parents reside at time of birth... usually like 7 bucks or so... good luck
ps. last time i looked when getting my daughter her passport, both parents need to be there to sign that they both agree about the passport...
Tanya
Live, Laugh, Love!