Kennedy1
Topic Author

Best Way To Get From D.C. To BWI?

Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:39 am

I will be in Washington D.C. near Georgetown University and need to reach BWI somewhat quickly and cheaply with no vehicle of my own. I was looking at the mass transit homepages for D.C. and Maryland and I am no familiar enough with the area to make much sense of it. I'm assuming I'll need to take the subway through D.C. then it looks like get on the MARC commuter rail to reach BWI? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...

jcs17

RE: Best Way To Get From D.C. To BWI?

Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:47 am

Take the MARC from Union Station to BWI. It should run on weekdays every 20-45 minutes, it takes less than an hour to reach the airport, and if I remember correctly, it should be less than $10.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

corey07850

Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:09 pm

There's also Amtrak, probably about 12 bucks or so... Last time I was up in BWI (maybe 3 weeks ago?) The mass transit system around the airport was undergoing construction so it made it a little more difficult to travel. I wanted to take the Light Rail into downtown, but had to take a bus from BWI (took about an hour for the bus to show up!) then had to hop onto a train downtown.

I've never used the MARC, but I do know people that use Amtrak on this service and have no problems.

IFLYMCO

Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:16 pm

If you are in Georgetown just walk over to the Dupont Circle Metro stop and take the red line going towards Glenmont. Get off at Union Station and take MARC up to BWI. Its easy as all get out and the cheapest way.

(My family lives in the East Village in Georgetown, if you are closer to GU in the West Village you might want to take a cab to Union Station as Dupont Circle can be a long walk from there.)
Now it should be "IFLYDCA"

Kohflot

Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:14 am

You don't even need to take MARC.

You can take the green line to Greenbelt, and then Metrobus B30 to BWI.

A trip can be planned on this site:

http://rideguide.wmata.com/
Ask why..

IFLYMCO

Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:39 am

Kohflot's idea is the cheapest, but I think it takes a bit longer than Metro/MARC I believe.
Now it should be "IFLYDCA"