pyh

Hotel In Berlin?

Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:33 pm

Hello everybody!

I have won a flight to Berlin (or actually to any destination Blue1 or SAS flies nonstop from Helsinki, but I have decided to visit Berlin). Can any of you recommend a hotel, which offers a good value for money. I'm ready to pay 80-120 euros per night. I have been thinking the district of Charlottenburg or Schöneberg, but the location does not matter as long as its centrally located (the public transportation is excellent according to what I have heard anyway).

If you have been in Berlin, please let me know in what hotel have you been and did you like it.

OYRJA

RE: Hotel In Berlin?

Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:37 pm

Congratulation with winning the tickets  Big thumbs up
Lucky bastard! hehe  Big grin

I can suggest Intercontinental Hotel. I stayed there during my last visit in Berlin a couple of months ago. I payed 140€ for a doubleroom.
And it was well worth the money. That I can guarantee. And It was almost neighbour to the Berlin Zoo.

And it's very close to the Kurfurstendamm.

Andreas

Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:39 pm

Even worse...I am a Berliner!! Big grin

Ok, for that kind of money you'll find yourself a rather nice hotel (4 stars), no sweat!

Ch'burg, Schoeneberg, Tiergarten, Mitte are indeed the districts you may want to chose. Public transportation is good, indeed, and best of all, on Fridays and Saturdays (and on some lines all week) it goes all night (Berlin's a city that indeed never sleeps!).

I recommend to use expedia or any such website to locate a hotel at a good price...then book through them or contact the hotel directly and ask for a better discount...sometimes it works.
I know it's only VfB but I like it!

LHMark

Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:14 pm

I had great luck at the Best Western Kurfurstendamm, right by the Zoo Station and Kaiser Willheml memorial church. It's cheap and in the middle of things.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller