aviationfreak

Finding Accommodation For A Year In New Zealand.

Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:33 am

Suppose I can find a job in New Zealand at either AKL or CHC and therefore I can get a working visa, how hard is to to find a simple accommodation to rent for one year. Would it be expensive?

Your help will be very much appriciated.

Sander
I love both Airbus and Boeing as much as I love aviation!

pacificjourney

RE: Finding Accommodation For A Year In New Zealand.

Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:47 am

Very simple. Rooms in flats or whole flats just for yourself are easy to get with just a few weeks rent as a deposit against damage.

BTW remember that in NZ (A) a flat almost always means a house, (B)
UNfurnished is the norm (C) rent is advertised per week (D) if you use a real estate agent their commission should be 4 weeks rent at most, if not 2.

To me the real beauty of living in NZ is that if there is a simple no hassle way to do things then that's the way it's done in NZ.
" Help, help ... I'm being oppressed ... "

aviationfreak

Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:12 am

So I can reckon I would live a few weeks in a hostel and have my own flat very soon?

Sander
I love both Airbus and Boeing as much as I love aviation!

ZKSUJ

Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:46 am

Take a look at www.trademe.co.nz and go to the flat hunt section. You have to sign up, but it is free
There you should be able to find something that suits you. Seeing as you are looking to work at either CHC or AKL, I suggesr that you look at places in the area of 'Mangere' or 'Manukau' or 'Papatoetoe' in AKL, and 'Harewood' in CHC. These suburbs are close to the airports in their respective citys.
In AKL, the surrounding areas to the airport tend to have cheaper accomadation than in the central city.
Another place to look at in AKL is the area called 'Botany Downs', 'Pakuranga' or Howick'. This is a very safe area and it has loads of shops etc... It is pretty much it's own city. Howick, Botany, and Pakuranga also is the only suburbs to have a direct public bus service to the airport.
If you have any more quieries, just email me and I'd be gald to help you out.

pacificjourney

Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:33 am

You could have your own wee peice of paradise in just days.

Don't worry about that part of things but do remember you'll need a car as well.
" Help, help ... I'm being oppressed ... "