Falcon84
Topic Author

This Week In Ncaa Football

Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:05 pm

It was a banner week! When's the last time ALL THREE of the major Florida schools lost on the same weekend!  Laugh out loud That alone makes it a great weekend. UNC beats Miami, Maryland beats FSU, and Georgia beats Florida! I love it!!

Oklahoma survives a scare from their in-state rival, the Cowboys; Purdue, for the third straight week, finds a way to blow a win; in what could be the game of the day, Michigan rallies from 17 down with less than 7 minutes left in regulation to beat Mich. State in OT.

Ok, does anyone think now, that a true freshman, Adrian Peterson, of Oklahoma, has a chance to win the Heisman. The kid is phenomenal.

Your takes are welcome.
Work Right, Fly Hard

AzoresLover

RE: This Week In Ncaa Football

Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:09 pm

Yeah!!! I loved that all three Florida schools bit the dust. However, with the events at Florida this week, I was of mixed emotions about that game.

I spend my Saturdays basically glued to the TV, watching as many games as possible. This was a great day. The Michigan-Mich State game was so totally entertaining...as were many other games today. Can you say "Parity"?

BTW, I'm an Ohio State grad, so draw your own conclusions about how I feel about the Michigan game today...
Those who want to do something will find a way; those who don't will find an excuse.

USAFHummer

Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:13 pm

I'd say Peterson and Leinart are probably the top 2 Heisman candidates now...

In the Boulder report...despite my "Hook 'Em Buffs!" sign, Texas blew us out 31-7 in Boulder today, scoring 31 unanswered points after we returned an INT for a touchdown in the 1st quarter...

Looks like Baylor has just upset Texas A&M as well...the Big 12 is completely messed up this week as usual...
Props to UNC for beating Miami, that was one of the best games I've ever watched, I'm sure KROC will be having lifelong nightmares over this one...

Greg

[Edited 2004-10-31 04:14:40]
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

Usairwys757

Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:17 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!

My Heels beat the Canes today. And all of us were just looking ahead to the upcoming basketball season. I never thought we would have a chance, but what a game! Chad Scott, our 3rd string running back ran for 179 yards. WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO. Time to party.

GO HEELS!
Inactive.....

dl021

Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:18 pm

And in SEC action the Bulldogs beat an emotional Gator team at the Gator Bowl..er Alltel Stadium.

YYEEEEAAHH!!! Houagh!

GO YOU HAIRY DAWGS!!!

Auburn spanked Ole Miss, Tennessee beat USC GAMEcocks(Go 'Cocks..love saying that), and the rest of it quite frankly I don't give a damn!  Big grin
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

AzoresLover

Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:19 pm

USAFHummer -

That wild scene on the field after the Miami upset, completely covered with people, both goal posts floating down the field, was awesome!! Did you catch the PA announcement being made shortly before the game ended, asking people to stay off the field after the game? Yeah, right!
Those who want to do something will find a way; those who don't will find an excuse.

USAFHummer

Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:23 pm

"Did you catch the PA announcement being made shortly before the game ended, asking people to stay off the field after the game?"

Actually, what the PA guy said was for the fans to stay off the field while the game was still in progress...I think it was fairly evident at that point that if UNC nailed the FG, there was gonna be some serious field storming going on so they at least wanted to keep 'em off before the clock read :00...

Greg

CougarAviator

Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:24 pm

UH beats Tulane, 24-3!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Coogs!!!!!!!!!!

Aggies lose to Baylor?!!!!! WTF???????????
Failure is not an option.....

AzoresLover

Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:24 pm

HummerGuy -

I love your signature!!!!!

Falcon84
Topic Author

Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:33 pm

YYEEEEAAHH!!! Houagh!

GO YOU HAIRY DAWGS!!!

Down, boy, down!!!  Laugh out loud
Work Right, Fly Hard

Falcon84
Topic Author

Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:39 pm

By the way, under the category of "What a difference a few weeks makes", FORMER Heismen candidate Kyle Orton gets BENCHED in the 2nd half against Northwestern.

Talk about a season gone south....
Work Right, Fly Hard

CougarAviator

Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:39 pm

Come on Falcon, was their any question Georgia would beat Florida????

In fact isn't David Greene the same name as Brendan Fraser's character in School Ties?

Either way, Nice win!!!!!
Failure is not an option.....

FlyVirgin744

Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:04 pm

Whatever, once Spurrier gets his hands on Leak next season you are all F**KED.
Sometimes I go about in pity for myself and all the while a great wind carries me across the sky.

sw733

Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:14 pm

I hate Miami, and I love upsets so way to go UNC. Being a Kansas student, we are supposed to hate UNC when it comes to Basketball because they stole Roy Williams (trader...I am glad we did better then him in the tournament AND are ranked higher then him preseason this year...hahaha, shoulda stayed in Lawrence, Roy!), but as for UNC Football, way to go! Unfortunately, the bad times for the University of Kansas football program continue. The one game conference game of the year we should have had a guaranteed win, we played HORRIBLY and had tons of injuries (we were down to our 3rd string quarterback!), and thus lost to Iowa State 13 - 7 in Ames.

phxairfan

Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:33 pm

LSU played like crap, and only beat Vanderbilt 24-7. If LSU's defense had any hands whatsoever they would have recovered a Vandy fumble at our own one, thus preventing them from ever scoring. But even though we won, throwing the ball 11 times like we did will get you nowhere.

USAFHummer

Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:54 pm

"Unfortunately, the bad times for the University of Kansas football program continue. The one game conference game of the year we should have had a guaranteed win, we played HORRIBLY and had tons of injuries (we were down to our 3rd string quarterback!), and thus lost to Iowa State 13 - 7 in Ames."

Next week, my Buffs head to Lawrence and I predict a sound ass-kicking of the Jayhawks on their own turf  Smile

Greg

electraBob

Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:46 pm

That Michigan-Michigan State game was the first time I have ever watched an overtime game in college football -- that's even more thrilling than overtime in a Stanley Cup playoff game. What a comeback by the Wolverines. Now all Michigan fans will become Michigan State fans for one game....November 13, when Wisconsin plays the Spartans at East Lansing.

Michigan also has a pretty darn good freshman running back...Michael Hart...he's rushed for 200+ yards in three straight games....don't know if he will ever win the Heisman...but he is amazing.
Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having a peeing section in a swimming pool.....

sw733

Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:59 am

Wow, you must have a PhD in Football to predict Colorado will kick Kansas' ass!  Wink/being sarcastic I predict it too!

TYSGoVols

Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:39 am

I got back at 2 a.m. from Columbia South Carolina and that trip was totally worth it. I was a Fighting Cocke in high school so the sea of red and black was pretty neat. The game was awesome. A beautiful city and a gorgeous stadium. Too bad my Vols had to make all those South Carolina people leave during the third quarter. They should have stuck around and watched the rest of the game I mean the Orange party was worth it at least for me.

<>< Garen
Rocky Top You'll Always be home sweet home to me, Good ole' Rocky Top WOOOOO

USAFHummer

Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:33 am

"Wow, you must have a PhD in Football to predict Colorado will kick Kansas' ass!"

If such a thing existed, I might actually consider going to grad school after I finish my undergrad degree  Big grin

Greg

sw733

Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:41 am

Haha...that would be great! I think the education level in the US would be a lot higher!  Wink/being sarcastic