dtwclipper

I Am Afraid!

Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:47 pm

I am afraid: Do I continue to travel to Europe every winter to ski in Italy, were I will be looked down upon as an imperialistic American?

I am afraid: Can I board an airliner to Europe without fear?

I am afraid: Will religious fundamentalism work its way into the basic fabric of American life?

I am afraid: Will people with a different view to that of Bush be ostracized?

I am afraid: Will educated people be denounced as liberal elitists?

I am afraid: A women's right to choose will be a thing of the past.

I am afraid: The supreme court will become radically conservative?

I am afraid: Will I be able to voice my opinion, without being viewed as a traitor?

I am afraid: My homeland will be less secure, as our policies are not shared by the rest of the global community.

I am afraid: My homeland is Ideologically
split, and can not be mended.

I am afraid: Prop 2 passed in Michigan, what will that mean for the thousands of Gay and Lesbian couples who will loose their health benefits? What will that mean to any legal recognition of property, wills, and status of these committed couples?

[Edited 2004-11-03 06:48:35]
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

solarix

RE: I Am Afraid!

Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:53 pm

Solution: Move to Europe  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Bong Hits 4 Jesus

dtwclipper

Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:57 pm

Solarix:

You just bolstered my fears in which direction our country is going!
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

ejmmsu

Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:02 pm

Yep, all smart democrats are going to Jail!!!!!!!!!!

(hmm...........)
"If the facts do not conform to the theory, they will have to be disposed of"

DC10GUY

Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:16 pm

I feel your pain DTWClipper dude. I cannot believe that Americans are more concerned with gay marriage than Americans coming home from Iraq in a box ... I am afraid too. I am afraid that my 19 year old son will be drafted soon to fight for George Bush's oil... Moving to Europe ??? Maybe Mexico ???
Next time try the old "dirty Sanchez" She'll love it !!!

ejmmsu

Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:22 pm

The draft! What nonsense. We will unilaterally pack our bags and leave Iraq forever before a draft is even considered. We have more than enough troops as it is.
"If the facts do not conform to the theory, they will have to be disposed of"

usatoeze

Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:23 pm

Why dont you all just take a day and give the other side of the aisle a pat on the back and wish them luck....that would be the nice and intelligent thing to do...

Then start slamming them later
War is a very poor political tool

N6376M

Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:25 pm

DC10guy - if you are worried about the draft, take up the issue with Chuck Rangel (D) who introduced the legislation in the House. Don't try to pass that buck on to W.

sccutler

Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:58 pm

I am afraid: Do I continue to travel to Europe every winter to ski in Italy, were I will be looked down upon as an imperialistic American?

I am afraid: Can I board an airliner to Europe without fear?

Dtw, you should chill a bit; if you find that you are beng treated with disdain when you travel overseas, perhaps you should look in the mirror for the culprit. In my international travels and dealings, I find intelligent debate and discussion is met with respect by those whom I encounter. Indeed, was in a French possession when the shooting started in Iraq, and found no hostility of any kind resulting. From my observations, the "ugly American" exists on a one-on-one basis (resulting from his or her own behavior), and folks in other countries deal with visitors based upon those visitors' behavior.

I am afraid: Will religious fundamentalism work its way into the basic fabric of American life?

For those whao are religious fundamentalists, it will; for those who are not, it will not.

I am afraid: Will people with a different view to that of Bush be ostracized?

That depends, one presumes, upon whether they express their views with dignity and respect. A good conservative keeps an open mind.

I am afraid: Will educated people be denounced as liberal elitists?

Hardly likely- from what I have observed, a well-rounded education (coupled with the seasoning life experience deals) tends to reinforce conservative thought. There may be some educated conservatives denounced as "conservative elitists."

I am afraid: A women's right to choose will be a thing of the past.

That depends, of course, upon the actions of the state legislature in the state in which that particular woman lives.

I am afraid: The supreme court will become radically conservative?

If your definition of "radically conservative" is, "declines to legislate from the bench," then perhaps yes. More likely, they will, over time, become less radically activist, focusing instead upon upholding the constitution instead of reinterpreting it.

I am afraid: Will I be able to voice my opinion, without being viewed as a traitor?

Again, depends upon the audience to whom you do your "voicing." Everyone's a traitor to someone. That's why we call them,"opinions."

I am afraid: My homeland will be less secure, as our policies are not shared by the rest of the global community.

Less secure than when? Before 9/11, when we were essentially disregarding huge security breaches, and terrorists attacking our soil were mostly ignored?

I am afraid: My homeland is Ideologically

If your mind is closed to new ideas, I grieve for you and the bleak world in which you choose to place yourself. As for me, a staunch conservative, I am always open to rational dialogue and cooperative collaboration.
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

DC10GUY

Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:03 pm

Pass the buck to "W" are you shitting me ??? Its "W"'s war not Rangels. Anyone can see our troops are stretched too thin. With "W" getting the green light LOOK OUT IRAN !!!! HERE WE COME !!!!
Next time try the old "dirty Sanchez" She'll love it !!!

Andreas

Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:27 pm

Ok, since it's mostly Americans who know exactly what's going on in Europe, here's one voice from Europe, though from one of the main weasel states, if you don't mind  Big grin Big grin So here are your answers:

Can I board an airliner to Europe without fear?

WHY NOT????????? I would suspect it's safer than American airlines, if you're afraid of terrorism!

Will religious fundamentalism work its way into the basic fabric of American life?

That's one of the points I'm very afraid of, too, since my family lives in the USA! GWB certainly does nothing to keep it down!

Will people with a different view to that of Bush be ostracized?
Will educated people be denounced as liberal elitists?

That seems to be the main problem now inside America: The country is extremely polarized..it needs to be mended together again!!!! Don't let the terrorists win...because if America ends up being torn, they win!

My homeland will be less secure, as our policies are not shared by the rest of the global community.My homeland is Ideologically

See above!

Don't let this happen and don't forget: Europe doesn't hate you, not at all, that Pew study proved it: 80% of all Germans love Americans, even though you're disgustingly fat Big grin Big grin Big grin (Sorry for that last one, an insider joke, somebody knows what to do with it  Big grin Big grin)
And no...nothing will change because of this election, just don't believe radical propaganda...they lie to you!
I know it's only VfB but I like it!

ArgInMIA

Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:38 pm

Guysss.. pack and move down to Argentina.. no taxes.. no war.. no money.. no worries  Smile
Alto.. Mucho mas alto.. hasta la cumbre

OYRJA

Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:39 pm

Very well put Andreas!  Big thumbs up

I love travelling to the US as well. Been there 11 times and going again in 2 weeks.

And I have a brother who moves to ATL in January and a friend who moves to MIA in January as well. And that means I'm going to visit the great country of yours even ofter.

But the thing that frightens me most is not the terrorists. It's actually all the extremist americans you have over there.
And just to put it straight since some of you say that the EU hates you I can say one thing. the US is the most popular vacation place in the world according to a danish poll.

ZKSUJ

Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:40 pm

Simple, If you don'y want to go to Europe, come over to NZ and Australia, not so 'scary' over here  Big grin

BN747

Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:46 pm

DtwClipper... no need to be afraid... it won't be you fighting in Dubya's next bogus war...

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson